PDA

View Full Version : A legitimate FFXII Discussion

DikkyRay
May 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
Ok guys, i decided to start playing FFXII again. Why? I dont like owning games i havent beaten yet, its actually a decent FF game (despite the fct that Vaan is a loser that looks like a chick), good story, and....my PSU disk isnt working.
Anyhoo, i need some advice with tactics. So far i have Vaan (yea i use him....go figure...) with spears for damage, Basch with axes for damage, Ashe with magic/swords for damage. Everyone knows at least...i think lvl 3 or 4 white and green magic. But it isnt really working out. I find myself depending on limit breaks (or w/e they are caled in the game). Anyone, have a decent tactic that works?
Im putting it in FKL cuz if it was in offtopic i would get too many "ZOMG DIKKY U R STOOPIT! FFXII SUXXORZ!" So srsly, i needs help

Weeaboolits
May 19, 2007, 08:37 PM
I considered renting it, but I got Okami instead.

Dre_o
May 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
Honestly, it's not that hard to beat saying that every character in the game can pull off any job/role without any (to my knowledge at least) drawbacks.

Give everyone Curaga and a big sword and you're ready to go.

DikkyRay
May 19, 2007, 08:56 PM
i know its not that hard....
But i mean, if i dont use limits, i get killed of easily, even when im a decently high lvl for where i'm at.....
But i mean, is my 2 DPS's, 1 mage a pretty good idea?

DizzyDi
May 19, 2007, 09:05 PM
GRIND, get better gambits, define specific roles for people to play in battle (just because everyone can do everything, doesn't mean they should), keep a quick finger with the item using and the curing, you'll need it.

DikkyRay
May 19, 2007, 09:09 PM
>.>
Was waiting for diz....but yea.
Like WHAT roles should i give.
Im thinking a mage, a ranged person, and a warrior.
And uh, are certain people suited for better jobs? Like i know my Penello has pretty good magic compared to others, so i made her a mage kinda. And Balt is a good ranged...so yea. Are better people suited for better jobs? lol repetitiveness

Skuda
May 19, 2007, 09:18 PM
reroll a shaman!

Weeaboolits
May 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
On 2007-05-19 19:18, Skuda wrote:
reroll a shaman!http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/BoriBam/d2059772.jpg

DizzyDi
May 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-05-19 19:09, DikkyRay wrote:
>.>
Was waiting for diz....but yea.
Like WHAT roles should i give.
Im thinking a mage, a ranged person, and a warrior.
And uh, are certain people suited for better jobs? Like i know my Penello has pretty good magic compared to others, so i made her a mage kinda. And Balt is a good ranged...so yea. Are better people suited for better jobs? lol repetitiveness

Balthier has the best speed, so speed weapons are good for him (bow, dagger, poles).
Both Penelo and Ashe have good magic. Ashe makes a good battle mage, Penelo is good as a mage using a bow.
Vaan has the best defense, so I made him a paladin with S&S and some white magic.
Basch has the best STR
and Fran is good at a little bit of everything.

Light armor pretty much sucks, only use it sometimes.
Heavy armor gives STR, HP, DEF AND Sometimes SPD.
Mage Armor of course gives MP and INT.
For the mages I ususally give them a magic body with a heavy armor helmet, especially Ashe as a battle mage.

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2007, 01:12 AM
You posted in FKL to expect a serious thread?

That takes balls.

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-05-19 23:12, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

That takes balls.

Nah, i posted it in FKL 'cuz i wanted dizzy to answer.

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2007, 02:30 AM
On 2007-05-19 23:54, DikkyRay wrote:

On 2007-05-19 23:12, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

That takes balls.

Nah, i posted it in FKL 'cuz i wanted dizzy to answer.

Mission Accomplished.

DO A BARREL LOL.

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 08:56 AM
WHILE WE'RE ON THE TOPIC OF FFXII, HERES SOME INFO ON THE INTERNATIONAL VERSION!

- English voices, with possible English text. The English text thing has only been written about by Game Watch, without further confirmation.
- 16:9 mode.
- The big one, the addition of the job system. The jobs are: White mage, black mage, red mage, time mage, knight, monk, breaker, shikaree, uhlan, samurai, engineer and archer.
--- Shikaree (Hunter/Thief) uses light armor and daggers, uhlan (Lancer?) uses spears, samurai uses katanas, breaker uses hammers, time mage can apparently use crossbows, and monk has the barehanded augments in addition to licenses for wooden poles.
- It was impossible to change jobs once they were chosen in the demo. It remains to be seen whether there will be a method to change jobs in the final version or not.
- The game can be sped up by pressing L1. Supposedly, this works like the fast forward mode in Chrono Cross. Comments have said that it can be too fast for normal play, but it's wonderful for some of the longer sequences like summoning or performing mist knacks.
- Guests and summons can now be controlled manually, and you are also able to modify summons' gambits.
- Treasures on the field have been moved around, and rare items are now easier to obtain.
- Cure is now AoE, like Cura and Curada. This change is likely due to the fact that you will only have one person who is capable of using white magic. Curaga is probably going to be changed, too.
- There's a new water magic spell called Aqua.
- "Trial" mode has been added, in which you can fight against mobs, summons, rare monsters, etc.
--- You can load your own save data.
--- There are 100 maps.
--- Each map has various enemies and treasures on it, though they are supposedly pretty small in size.
--- Every 10 levels, you may receive items/gil and have the ability to save.
- Some new gambits were added, such as "enemy has item" and "facing two or more enemies"(there are also three and four enemy variations of this gambit)
- Treasure items are now fixed and no longer randomized. Strongest Halberd (Zodiac Spear) has also been made a lot easier to obtain.

- No new mob hunts are added. They only tweaked the drops/stealable items of the mobs, and increased their stats while at the same time reduced the HP for some of them.

- It was decided that the jobs cannot be changed in order to maintain game balance. (this blows)

- Espers can be controlled - you can use their special move whenever you like (way too abusable)

- Because the original FF12 team is working on another project, only a number of overseas staff could work on this game, so they couldn't do stuff like adding new bosses or new dungeons. Also, the job system was originally planned to be implemented in FF12 but was later scrapped, so they're basically reusing and tweaking existing resources for the international version.

- Besides the trial mode, theres also a "new game+" mode and another new element that has not yet been announced. (that's a shocker)

- It's easier to get money in the international version, and it was mentioned that the game has been made more accessible so much so that it could almost be called "easy type" (this worries me...).

- however, the new "extra dungeon/game" elements will prove to be harder than the existing stuff.

HERE ARE SOME SCANS!

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7250/ffxiiinternaaanl3.png

http://www.gconsole.com/cgi-bin2/show.php?page=news&id=4537

Also! English text is almost maybe sorta 100% because not only are the JP getting it but also AS(Asia), AND THE AS GAMES ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE ENGLISH TEXT!

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 09:35 AM
AND WE ARENT GETTING IT D:

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 09:58 AM
I'm importing.

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 12:14 PM
i dont have an imported PS2........
lucky bastard

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 12:31 PM
You don't need one.
http://www.youbuy.it/280x280/slidecard3plusBg.jpg

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
well then
How much did that run you for?
The swap magic and the (soon to be) imported FFXII?

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 01:02 PM
SWAP MAGIC about 25, FFXII, no idea.

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 01:08 PM
allright diz how does this sound:
Vaan-Gpoing with what you said, Paladin with Sword and Shield. White magic and basic green magic. "heavy" armor
Ashe- Mace and Shield, all magic, combination of mage/heavy armor
Balt- Bows and (when i feel like it) either daggers and shields, or katanas. Some white magic.....

I think that would be pretty good...i hope....

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 01:42 PM
Sounds good except Balthier with Katanas.
Katana attack depends on the user's magic power.

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-05-20 11:42, DizzyDi wrote:
Sounds good except Balthier with Katanas.
Katana attack depends on the user's magic power.

Oh, XD i meant ninja sword

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 02:22 PM
Ninja swords are good, except the fact that EVERY NINJA SWORD IS DARK ELEMENT, and most enemies end game are either immune, or absorb it.

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 03:24 PM
eh t.t ill stick with daggers then.

Weeaboolits
May 20, 2007, 03:27 PM
Darkness, darkness, darkness, darkness, EVIL! EVIL!