PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone want Crea Sabers?

StanleyPain
May 20, 2007, 05:33 AM
And I'm asking this question seriously, being something a newbie to the whole 9-star-plus item department.

I see a lot of people looking for or making Crea Sabers or Twin Creas, so I looked up the stats and they seem weaker than B-Rank sabers. So, what's the trick to why they're great?

HiroSan
May 20, 2007, 05:41 AM
Well...ur right they really arn't that great. BUT they're rare, so people go for rare stuff. Not only that, people like to go for the whole "Crea" theme in their inventory if they try to use just Crea weaps, which i find pretty retarded too. The only REALLY good creas i can think of is most of the Moatoob Creas and the Cresaud from Neudaiz (just cause they ACTUALLY look cool).

Somethin else i notice too, Crea's are EASY to make, they have a real high success rate. so there really isn't a trick to anything, it's just ppl thinkin "ooOoOh Creas" and that's about it :/

rena-ko
May 20, 2007, 05:43 AM
its the +1 target that makes people want them, afaik.

A2K
May 20, 2007, 05:50 AM
Most Crea weapons are only 7 stars, Crea Doubles being the 10 star exception.

They have weaker attack power, but can attack an extra target compared to standard weaponry. Sabers, for example, can only typically hit one enemy (or an enemy with multiple hit points in one place) while Crea Saber, Creasabra, and Seva Cresa can hit two in a single swing.

To be honest I only find this marginally useful with sabers or daggers, since you're essentially doubling your normal attack power (with swords going from 3 to 4 targets is proportionally less significant). Emphasis on normal attack power, as well, as it doesn't change the number of targets skill arts hit for.

They're neat and have a unique side effect, but with the lower attack power they're rather dimished in actual usefulness.

Sydney
May 20, 2007, 07:49 AM
Humans and Newmans look for them because they are the only ones that can use them. They are a little weak, yes, but at least it gives you something that stands out a little more if you like beeing unique.

I have all creas and I enjoy them, but they dont stand up to well if you plan on soloing S2 ranks. I switch to my good 9* % weps for that.

Sylpheed
May 20, 2007, 07:52 AM
Apparently when A grinders come out Crea weapons will grind amazingly, but hey that's just a rumour.

Eleina
May 20, 2007, 08:19 AM
Why does everyone want crea sabers? To look like bruce of course <<

Skuda
May 20, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-05-20 05:52, Sylpheed wrote:
Apparently when A grinders come out Crea weapons will grind amazingly, but hey that's just a rumour.

Oddly, I've heard the exact opposite.

Neith
May 20, 2007, 08:22 AM
With the Crea Saber, there's also the reason that it looks visually similar to a Saber from PSO. Some people might use it because of that.

February
May 20, 2007, 09:12 AM
On 2007-05-20 03:43, rena-ko wrote:
its the +1 target that makes people want them, afaik.

Yep pretty much.

DragonStorm
May 20, 2007, 09:31 AM
my first b run on parum i found a crea saber and the whole group was like omg u lucky $%#% and im like hey cool, i was still just starting out and all i knew is ppl want them badly but never knew why. anyways im a fighgunner now and i made it..it had 65% success so i was happy it worked at its 18% ice. i like it because it looks like pso sabers, and now im after the crea coubles on LL S runs because the double saber is basically a pso double saber and it just brings back some looks and i love double sabers lol. but ya im never selling mine. i use 2 buccaneers the crea saber, with a mechine gun and the bucaneers with a handgun and another soon with another mechine gun. So alot of ppl are still like wow your lucky i wish i had one. Meh maybe they just want them because of their charm? lol. anyways that's my story. sadly i cant go on today and with all this luck. im a human who has 2 luck today and female beasts having 3 luck. gosh i would have a nice chance today if i was able to get on psu but im at my moms house for the weekend http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Umberger
May 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
People want Crea Sabers...what? I couldn't even sell mine for 10,000 meseta.

Neith
May 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
On 2007-05-20 06:21, Skuda wrote:

On 2007-05-20 05:52, Sylpheed wrote:

Oddly, I've heard the exact opposite.

Yeah, apparently they grind terribly. Most of them I don't see any point in, but I guess some of them look pretty neat too.

Garnet_Moon
May 20, 2007, 10:17 AM
Q: Why does everyone want Crea Sabers?

A: Because they look like Wal-Mart quality toys, and everyone loves those things.

Lyrise
May 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
The only Crea weapon that will grind very well, is sabera; after 5-6 grinds it's power is almost equivalent to a rapier. Combine that level of power with more PP than any other saber, as well as target +1, it becomes a VERY powerful weapon. The rest however, just aren't worth it.

VanHalen
May 20, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-05-20 06:19, Eleina wrote:
Why does everyone want crea sabers? To look like bruce of course <<

FUFME
May 20, 2007, 11:44 AM
Im selling a 20% Ice Crea Saber at my shop.

I bet it will be bought when A Grinders and the Fire event come out next week.

McLaughlin
May 20, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-05-20 07:51, Umberger wrote:
People want Crea Sabers...what? I couldn't even sell mine for 10,000 meseta.

Mine either.

amtalx
May 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
Because Crea weapons give Humans a reason to exists. Silly meatbags... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

villenium
May 20, 2007, 01:10 PM
Isn't it only the Crea Doubles that people go for? The twin Crea Sabers I made haven't shifted from my shop in a couple of weeks, even though they are relatively cheap.

For shame, they are the only A weapon boards that seem to drop for me!

DragonStorm
May 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
well the crea saber i found is ok, but not that great to what ppl think, i am after the crea doubles because they are a pretty good double saber. i find it really strange u selling it at 10,000 and no one buying it...god if i saw that i would have bought it in seconds. i see ppl selling them at like 500,000 and idiots selling them for 15 million honestly...anyone who sells that wep for that much needs a lesson or two on item values lol. maybe there the owner of a gas company and it explains the shitty gas prices lately. man im so ticked about the prices..i should just steal it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Allison_W
May 21, 2007, 04:05 AM
I don't know about Crea Sabers specifically, but I know I want the sword creas because they push that button in my head that makes the "OMG PRETTY" bulb light up. I've got a Cresaud board sitting in my PM... just need to collect the Copernias for it.

Zael
May 21, 2007, 04:36 AM
Crea Sabra is pretty awesome. Best crea in the game.

Arika
May 21, 2007, 04:55 AM
38% Alseva Cresa in my shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Phantasy Star co.

AweOfShe
May 21, 2007, 05:22 AM
I don't want Crea Sabers. I only like Yohmei creas. Particularly Creasaud, which is pretty hawt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mikaga
May 21, 2007, 03:22 PM
Crea don't grind *amazingly* but they typically grind better than the three "official" manufacturers.

A Crea +10 will be better than its' 7* counterparts ATP-wise, but it won't hold up to 9* weapons. In addition, Crea weapons do not gain PP when grinded. This is pretty damning even if you ignore that Crea + Skill < 9* + Skill.

Ultimately, what would you prefer - hitting one extra enemy on a normal attack, or hitting lots of extra enemies, far stronger and far faster by using a Skill?