PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I'VE JUST SEEN 2 S RANKS IN ACTION AND THEY SLAUGHTER!!

MrFortegunner
May 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
I JUST SAW A HALAROD AND A SWEET DEATH!! THEY LOOK SO AWESOME!! THE HALAROD SO SHINY!! AND THEY KILLED TOO! WE DID LABS IN ABOUT 11 MINS!! IT WAS SO COOL!!

zanotam
May 20, 2007, 01:21 PM
um, old news.......

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 01:29 PM
Home | Guides | Forums Index | PSU Items | My Account | Forum Search | Members | Who's On

Forum Index » » Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs

How is this related http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ZodiacNKnight
May 20, 2007, 01:55 PM
Sounds like the new guy probably crapped his pants...

They're not that super great.
Halarod has been out since early winter and Sweet Death just does a little more damage.
Whoopie... 7*-9* 50% are better than any S rank weapon under 50%.

natewifi
May 20, 2007, 03:01 PM
You mean late winter, early winter we were just getting fans/axes/claws/twin claws/laser cannons/grenade launchers/and w/e other weapons and hybrid classes.

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
S ranks aren't terribly more useful than their A rank counterparts, especially considering how much easier it is to get a higher percentage A rank than a high percentage S rank. Pretty much all that they're useful for is looking badass, something they do rather well. Though I suppose they'd be more useful against neutral enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-05-20 13:05 ]</font>

Mystil
May 20, 2007, 03:11 PM
People have done Lab S2 faster before other S ranks were even out..and without Halarod users.

Golto
May 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
Give the guy a break he's 360 so they don't have the dozens and dozens of Halarods that we on pc/ps2 have.

jayster
May 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-05-20 13:21, Golto wrote:
Give the guy a break he's 360 so they don't have the dozens and dozens of Halarods that we on pc/ps2 have.

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-05-20 11:55, ZodiacNKnight wrote:

7*-9* 50% are better than any S rank weapon under 50%.

That is so true

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
It really is a shame that the equipment's percentage is so much more useful than the actual stats on the piece of equipment. Some of us like for the cool looking, hard to get things to actually be worthwhile.

MrFortegunner
May 20, 2007, 05:11 PM

They're not that super great.
Halarod has been out since early winter and Sweet Death just does a little more damage.
Whoopie... 7*-9* 50% are better than any S rank weapon under 50%.

yes, I know that, but I've never really seen it being used in real life!! It was so cool!!!!!!

jayster
May 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
But, 50% S rank > 50% A rank. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MrFortegunner
May 20, 2007, 05:13 PM
7*-9* 50% are better than any S rank weapon under 50%.

Ya, but they don't look as cool man!!!

P.S: sorry for the double post

Kimil
May 20, 2007, 05:15 PM
Bleh...
S ranks have better ATA... which means win for a Beast Wartecher lol >.>

Nobo
May 20, 2007, 08:38 PM
I NEED A SWEET DEATH!!!!! Ice ones look sooooo cool. I have a 24% dark bone dance so it doesn't matter if a 50% is better. Its all about the looks!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 08:48 PM
>< You and you're looks *giggle*

ROB31
May 20, 2007, 09:31 PM
Fuka-Misakies are cooler

Mystil
May 21, 2007, 06:21 AM
On 2007-05-20 13:21, Golto wrote:

People have done Lab S2 faster before other S ranks were even out..and without Halarod users.

Zael
May 21, 2007, 07:22 AM
The S-ranks are overrated. They're just eye-candy for the most part, or collectors' fodder. Aside from that, they're not worth hunting.

On 2007-05-20 15:11, jayster wrote:
But, 50% S rank > 50% A rank. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck going for that. You can probably get 5 50% A-ranks in the time it takes to go for a 50% S-rank.

physic
May 21, 2007, 07:40 AM
yall people are poisoned by pc haxeta thinking. Even still 50% on a weap isa rarity, truth is its prolly easier to get an s rank board than get a 50% weap, i know some one who synthed like 20 dagger boards, and never got a 50% one highest was 44% so far synthing, from the beginning of the game i synthed one 50%

the % is big, but you overestimate how much so, if i have 850 base atp then the diference from a 10% to a 20% is only 85 atp, but lets face it you need to be a beats FF to get that.if your a human that weapon atp difference will matter even moreso not to mention the whole argument is based solely on melee, untill next week there is no way to get a higher gun/force weapon than to get an s rank. I d also argue that even a 40%+ weapon is just as rare, or rarer than an s rank.

then theres the whole ata that can never go up on lower models thing.

While its true that a super hot A rank can outdmg an srank, those dont go on trees either. and comparitively, and s rank is pobably eaiser to make or find than to do 20 boards. ANd of course theres always the gamble, make that 30-50% s rank and you just owned the world

Nuclearranger
May 21, 2007, 09:22 AM
Besides melle S rank guns allways own A rank ones and same goes for force weapons... BESIDES If theres a combo... as in Phantom line and phantom but even then the 11* rifle beats the combo so the 9* combo does about 10-20 more dmg a shot than the blackbull alone.

l0c0dantes
May 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
but, im a FT, what do I care of percents?

Garnet_Moon
May 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-05-21 08:53, l0c0dantes wrote:
but, im a FT, what do I care of percents?

The only % I care about is 12. That alone is overpowering when my base strike does 1700-2,600.

Zael
May 21, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-05-21 05:40, physic wrote:
yall people are poisoned by pc haxeta thinking. Even still 50% on a weap isa rarity, truth is its prolly easier to get an s rank board than get a 50% weap, i know some one who synthed like 20 dagger boards, and never got a 50% one highest was 44% so far synthing, from the beginning of the game i synthed one 50%

the % is big, but you overestimate how much so, if i have 850 base atp then the diference from a 10% to a 20% is only 85 atp, but lets face it you need to be a beats FF to get that.if your a human that weapon atp difference will matter even moreso not to mention the whole argument is based solely on melee, untill next week there is no way to get a higher gun/force weapon than to get an s rank. I d also argue that even a 40%+ weapon is just as rare, or rarer than an s rank.

then theres the whole ata that can never go up on lower models thing.

While its true that a super hot A rank can outdmg an srank, those dont go on trees either. and comparitively, and s rank is pobably eaiser to make or find than to do 20 boards. ANd of course theres always the gamble, make that 30-50% s rank and you just owned the world

"Poisoned by PC meseta hacking?"

That's a pretty stupid and ridiculous argument to bring up. The chances of getting a 50% A rank is still easier then the chances of getting a 50% S rank by far.

And yes, maybe it's easier to make a low % S-rank than a high % A-rank. Too bad it's weaker. Makes sense doesn't it?

Let's see...

Board availability
- S rank boards are rare drops you have to find.
- A rank boards are unlimited in supply from the NPC

Success rates
- S rank boards have a higher rate, around 75%+ AFAIK.
- A rank boards have a 55% success rate.

Boards uses
- S rank boards have one use.
- A rank boards have three uses.

Chances of high percents
- Same for both.

Materials
- S rank board materials are harder to get. Some of them you actaully have to hunt down in the levels or the playershops.
- A rank board materials are all available from the NPC.

KamiSori
May 21, 2007, 01:16 PM
S rank>A rank

i dont give a shit what the grinds or percents are because 95% of A rank weapons look ugly as hell. doing more damage because of a percent wont make the game anymore fun (at least for me). having a badass new weapon that actually makes you unique makes the game MUCH more fun (at least for me).

Zael
May 21, 2007, 01:19 PM
lol looks. I even forgot to mention that grinded A-ranks > S-ranks.

ok, if gimping yourself to look cool is your idea of fun, go for it

physic
May 21, 2007, 05:40 PM
grinded wins, but eventually you can grind s ranks too, possibly without breaks in aoi.
yes its easier to get a 50% a rank than a 50% s rank, but that makes sense because a 50% s rank is totally superior to a 50% a rank.
But id say if you didnt have haxeta tha fact that a ranks cost money would eventually get you. fact is if you hunt or level, you will prolly have most or all teh mats you need for teh sr ank, unless you are very lucky. your chance of failing every synth is about the same.
Basically because you have 100s of millions, it looks easy to get a 50% weap, but who without haxeta besides store shop people can afford to make 60 attempts at a 50% weapon. (and still not get any) thats running you hmmm bout what 7.8-9mil? now you add grinds to that, are you gonna grind your 50% weap? you prolly wont even grind a 30% one

Basically what im saying is a 10% ank dedda is better than a 20% ank pikor, a 30% one probably wins, but then again a 30% one has less ata which you cant buy. now if you get a 20% dedda then you need a 30%+ to beat it, still cant get the ata back, but hey whatevers clever. Then theres the factor some s ranks have hidden effects, such as gudda skela causing sleep. If your a person who hunts your stuff, which in pc is prolly only way to get an srank(besides the haxed up ones) then it really aint gonna cost you anything anyhow. and if you get lucky that weap will be strong for some time.

eseentially your science that an s rank is overated, is the same as a b rank being better than an A rank, because hey b rank with high % +10 is stronger and easier to get than an A rank.

Mayu
May 21, 2007, 05:47 PM
*giggle* It's true, I wound't have 5 billion 50% A ranks without my haxeta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif - - - Photon price is currently retarded

You want all out Ice weapons
You're haxeta: 99 million
you buy 99 x 3 of Ray photons
Each ray photon cost 60k (I hate you all)

I shall state that

A rank> S rank unless that % is higher then 20 it self Thank you

Gimping your self doesn't help you -_-... *Throws 20% rucar at someones face
Long live A ranks

ljkkjlcm9
May 21, 2007, 06:32 PM
firstly, I prefer the Fuka-Misaki over any other twin claw, because it can freeze enemies... Just like I prefer the 8* sword jogiri cause it can poison. But see the ice particles? Yeah, they stick to enemies and freeze them!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/Fuka-Misaki.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/freezing1.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/freezing2.jpg

and as for 44-50% S ranks.... yeah they're pretty good I'd say
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/creadoubles.jpg
(I put the info for my other Crea Doubles below the first one for convenience)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/Onmagoug.jpg

that's just my input

THE JACKEL

Zael
May 21, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-05-21 15:40, physic wrote:
grinded wins, but eventually you can grind s ranks too, possibly without breaks in aoi.
yes its easier to get a 50% a rank than a 50% s rank, but that makes sense because a 50% s rank is totally superior to a 50% a rank.
But id say if you didnt have haxeta tha fact that a ranks cost money would eventually get you. fact is if you hunt or level, you will prolly have most or all teh mats you need for teh sr ank, unless you are very lucky. your chance of failing every synth is about the same.
Basically because you have 100s of millions, it looks easy to get a 50% weap, but who without haxeta besides store shop people can afford to make 60 attempts at a 50% weapon. (and still not get any) thats running you hmmm bout what 7.8-9mil? now you add grinds to that, are you gonna grind your 50% weap? you prolly wont even grind a 30% one

Basically what im saying is a 10% ank dedda is better than a 20% ank pikor, a 30% one probably wins, but then again a 30% one has less ata which you cant buy. now if you get a 20% dedda then you need a 30%+ to beat it, still cant get the ata back, but hey whatevers clever. Then theres the factor some s ranks have hidden effects, such as gudda skela causing sleep. If your a person who hunts your stuff, which in pc is prolly only way to get an srank(besides the haxed up ones) then it really aint gonna cost you anything anyhow. and if you get lucky that weap will be strong for some time.

eseentially your science that an s rank is overated, is the same as a b rank being better than an A rank, because hey b rank with high % +10 is stronger and easier to get than an A rank.

Of course, I'm talking about the time being. I'm fully aware that we'll be able to grind S-ranks... in like 6 months or so.

And your "B-rank" analogy fails. The availability of B rank boards and materials is the same as A-rank boards and materials.

You have to hunt your own S-rank boards and some of the materials for them. Not worth it. S-ranks are overrated until the availability matches A-ranks to the point where you can synth them as easily. Which will probably never happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-05-21 16:45 ]</font>

physic
May 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
the availabilty isnt exactly the same form b to A A cost alot more, your total amount of cash decides its availability, you can make 26.6k vs 144k so basically a b rank is 5-6 times more available than an A rank, if your poor.

Yeah an A rank 50% will beat a S rank 10% but i think a few months an A rank 50% will be as rare as an S rank 30 % of which id choose teh s rank for it looks cooler and different with only a small loss in dmg (depending on the weapon) not to mention as a beast i personally like ata bonuses.

Really though psu isnt too much about hax dmg, i mean whats the point of being able to do a level 2 minutes faster if not to hunt for rare stuff you want.

KamiSori
May 21, 2007, 07:26 PM
if gimping yourself to look cool is your idea of fun, go for it

and if killing the same damn monsters 5 seconds faster than me is your idea of fun, go for it. still doesnt change the fact that you're swinging around a giant cutip. and i would love to meet someone who regards an s rank weapon as gimp.

S>A

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-05-21 17:28 ]</font>

Arika
May 21, 2007, 08:34 PM
Cool is the most important thing in online game.
if not, why ppl are so crazy on hunting BH in the past, even it is no good at all(same as NPC +2 STA)

Zael
May 22, 2007, 12:26 AM
lol black heart. It's the most overrated item in this game. Pointless to use on CASTS (anyone who uses BH over an SUV is a noob), and its usefulness is matched by a cheap item you get from NPCs.

On 2007-05-21 17:26, KamiSori wrote:

if gimping yourself to look cool is your idea of fun, go for it

and if killing the same damn monsters 5 seconds faster than me is your idea of fun, go for it. still doesnt change the fact that you're swinging around a giant cutip. and i would love to meet someone who regards an s rank weapon as gimp.

S>A

k, have fun doing gimp damage. And you've already met one. Hell, I've found and synthed my own S-rank weapon. (24% Ice Crea Doubles) I'd never use that over my 50% Ice Nightwalker though. Sorry, but I find being more useful to a party better then flexing my e-p3nor, trying to look "cool".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-05-21 22:27 ]</font>