PDA

View Full Version : difficulty

fumatanera
May 21, 2007, 10:35 AM
there was another post the other day about people missing some of the ridiculously deadly times had in PSO. i am only lv 12 as i just got PSU a few days ago, but it got me wondering, how challenging is PSU at A, or S rank? i know i can't expect much from any C rank runs, but it is pretty easy. aside from high HP, and a few that cast megid, the monsters don't have much going for them. as it is now, they can be standing right next to you and or you run straight into a baddie and it doesn't even swipe at you. just strafe around, back up, get them all grouped together and keep casting. do they get more agressive in the later ranks? or just faster and more HP?

Rashiid
May 21, 2007, 10:39 AM
More HP, they do allot more, they move faster, some enemies change (like Vahras change to Go-Vahras, deadly fast versions)

but, nothing we Guardians cant handle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
May 21, 2007, 10:45 AM
The only difficulty the game really provides are worms, gaozorans, and megid. Anything else I can handle if I'm careful, but sometimes, I let my guard down and die against easy monsters like Kamatozes or Olgomons.

fumatanera
May 21, 2007, 11:35 AM
hmmm, guess i'll have to judge for myself....eventually

amtalx
May 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
You'll find a few monsters that annoy you to no end. They are different for every player. Things will get harder but not much. As long as you keep your gear up do date you wont have too much of a problem. Most of your deaths will come from carelessness or fatigue.

JAFO22000
May 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
On 2007-05-21 09:58, amtalx wrote:
You'll find a few monsters that annoy you to no end. They are different for every player.

Me = Ollaka. They are my sworn enemies!!!!!!

Garnet_Moon
May 21, 2007, 12:02 PM
Thank god i'm a fT and a fG. I only have one enemy that is a challenge:

Fortefighters without Mono, Di, or Tri mates.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

But then again, when everything can one-shot me in S2 missions from simple love taps, then i'd say it's a challenge to use my Gi-techniques as aggressively as I did when they where unlocked.

Cz
May 21, 2007, 01:28 PM
Bunny says that difficulty in this game is depending on how many people are in your group. If you are soloing, then the game will probably be more tougher. If you are with 6 people team...the difficulty is a breeze regardless of what mission you do. 6 people = sharing damage between, so you probably wont die often. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

A2K
May 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-05-21 08:35, fumatanera wrote:
there was another post the other day about people missing some of the ridiculously deadly times had in PSO. i am only lv 12 as i just got PSU a few days ago, but it got me wondering, how challenging is PSU at A, or S rank? i know i can't expect much from any C rank runs, but it is pretty easy. aside from high HP, and a few that cast megid, the monsters don't have much going for them. as it is now, they can be standing right next to you and or you run straight into a baddie and it doesn't even swipe at you. just strafe around, back up, get them all grouped together and keep casting. do they get more agressive in the later ranks? or just faster and more HP?

Basically, Difficulty C = Normal mode in PSO. Not all that difficult at all. S and S2 missions are roughly equivalent to PSO's ultimate difficulty, although I wouldn't expect any revolutions in enemy behavior. (As was the case with PSO.) They're still the same enemies, after all, although now they're LV50 to LV105.

villenium
May 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
It's funny, I guess we all have our in game nemisis. Actually, what's the plural of that?

Anyway, as a fT (only lvl 58) it's Jarbas and Omnagoug that I really dread if I'm soloing. If I'm partied up I can usually lay down the support and then contribute some damage and it's not so tough.

Soloing (of course) is much tougher than partying. I did my first S2 mission the other day (Eastern Peril) and I would have had absolutely no chance soloing.

Umberger
May 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
You're going to dread different enemies in the higher levels. Kamatozes for instance...their Dambarta is the bane of all non-Fortetechers' existence. As a Fortetecher, you can stand in it and take single damage (or none depending on the level). But then it's the opposite for things like Go Vahras...at a high enough level, they're so fast and swarm your character at any given opportunity...combine that with low DFP and HP and you're a goner.

It gets harder, but as long as you're in a party, the other people can make up for your weakness(es). But if you're a hardcore solo person...then you'll definitely notice a large increase in difficulty.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 21, 2007, 03:04 PM
I don't particularly mind Kamatozes, I actually see them as the 2nd easiest monsters in Rainbow Beast S2, and I'm a Fighgunner, one who melees 90% of the time and mostly ranges for melee-resistants and such and maybe worms. If he dambartas, I'll try to get away.

Eleina
May 21, 2007, 03:35 PM
Only thing annoying for me is areas with enemys who have opposite elements and i end up dieing coz i forget to switch armor (vs ollakas for exemple)