PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Lets get conquered

Kimil
May 22, 2007, 04:15 AM
Lyrise
Merging of worlds
-This has nothing to do with the US servers (well it might, more on that later) but as you know, the Japanese servers are split into 2 worlds. AoI plans to merge those worlds together.

A Merger between the 360 servers and NA PC/PS2 will never happen, because of XBL headsets and M$ issues... I know this already.

What this topic is about is my hope that the NA PC/PS2 servers would be taken into the JP servers when they merge the JP worlds.

I don't know about everyone else, but I would love it if they did this... Of course I'd love it for population increase though I suspect doing this would dilute the NA/EU people. So I'd want 5 or so Universes out of the way that only NA/EU Players could access to call our own.

This way we could have a MUCH broader range of ppl we could play with, but at the same time we wouldn't loose ourselves in the crowd.

What are you thoughts? Wethere it be hate or love.

Allison_W
May 22, 2007, 04:21 AM
I don't want to be shafted with the extra lag that would go with playing on a server halfway across the world. I'm not against allowing players to play on other regions' servers, but I still want the option of servers that don't have the added lag--rather than one that isn't accessible to players outside the region, one that's based in the region. I.e., some Universes based in NA, some in EU, some in JP... you get the idea. Each region should have at least one local server, and I don't mind if it's accessible to players from other regions.

Kimil
May 22, 2007, 04:23 AM
On 2007-05-22 02:21, Allison_W wrote:
I don't want to be shafted with the extra lag that would go with playing on a server halfway across the world. I'm not against allowing players to play on other regions' servers, but I still want the option of servers that don't have the added lag--rather than one that isn't accessible to players outside the region, one that's based in the region. I.e., some Universes based in NA, some in EU, some in JP... you get the idea. Each region should have at least one local server, and I don't mind if it's accessible to players from other regions.

Hmm, good point. and hey, there are Servers already in place to be local ones: the 18 Universes we already play on at the SEGA of A lol

Soukosa
May 22, 2007, 04:50 AM
It'd be nice if they set it up like how PSO was. Have a group of servers for each region of Japan, Americas, and Europe and allow people to freely choose which one they want to play on.

R2D6battlebot
May 22, 2007, 04:59 AM
It wont happen, plain and simple. When the hackers decimated the game on the PS2/PC side, it pretty much ruined any possibility of that server being merged with a legitimate server, xbox or JP. It wouldnt be fair to have all those falsely funded weapons and armor that are on the PS2 side merged onto another server.

Sasamichan
May 22, 2007, 05:26 AM
First of all, its not gonna happen. Second of all. FFXI is a reason that I don't want to play with the Japanese, ever.

McLaughlin
May 22, 2007, 05:35 AM
On 2007-05-22 02:59, R2D6battlebot wrote:
It wont happen, plain and simple. When the hackers decimated the game on the PS2/PC side, it pretty much ruined any possibility of that server being merged with a legitimate server...

Bingo.

Arika
May 22, 2007, 05:43 AM
IF they going to merge, with Xbox 360 is sound a lot more possible than with JP.
but anyway, I think, this server will never be merged with other.

Midicronica
May 22, 2007, 06:52 AM
On 2007-05-22 03:35, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-05-22 02:59, R2D6battlebot wrote:
It wont happen, plain and simple. When the hackers decimated the game on the PS2/PC side, it pretty much ruined any possibility of that server being merged with a legitimate server...

Bingo.

That's most likely the reason. Ugh, the thought of hackers possibly running loose on AoI after the servers merged makes my head hurt. Please please please, don't merge the servers.

XBL Headsets and M$ issues...?

Eleina
May 22, 2007, 07:34 AM
I like playing in remote universes x.x and it'll stay this way!!

Garnet_Moon
May 22, 2007, 12:33 PM
I could have sworn the JP servers had the same problems we have right now with hackers, etc. Though, I wouldn't wanna merge with the JP server because then i'd have to stalk Itsuki-chan day and night, and I already have a full-time job, soon-to-be full-time student role, and also full-time PSU; kind of.

It'd destroy me.

Shiryuu
May 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-05-22 02:15, Kimil wrote:

A Merger between the 360 servers and NA PC/PS2 will never happen, because of XBL headsets and M$ issues... I know this already.

Doesnt microsoft make windows...?

Golto
May 22, 2007, 01:33 PM
The JPN pc had hackers too just not as many and for not as long. Why do you think it took them so long to wipe most illegal items? They didn't care until some of the Japanese players started hacking pm synth entires.

It would be cool to have the pc/ps2 combined. But then their 5th grade translators could not keep up with updates translating the very lengthly story mission dialogs and new mission names. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

drakkula
May 22, 2007, 01:47 PM
whatever it takes to kick psu away this freaking ghost population........

Yoshiflash
May 22, 2007, 01:51 PM
As a non japanese speaking non-fanboy, but as a hard-core gamer I almost ALWAYS had better experiences with JP players in both PSO and FFXI. I don't understand the anti-bilingual servers people at all. Don't play with people you don't want to, yeah?

Any server merging will be fine with me and if I were a betting man I'd say it's gonna happen eventually anyways depending on how much work it would be on Segas end with actual coding and not just swapping servers over.

And yes there are plenty of hardcore hackers in Japan, but there are also more hard core people working to stop em.Hacking is a very big deal there. It's like a non-spoken utter disrespect for hackers. They won't talk all the shit like we do but from the few english speaking JPs i've known they just flat despise the hackers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-22 11:56 ]</font>

malice_nyc
May 22, 2007, 03:11 PM
On 2007-05-22 11:19, Shiryuu wrote:
Doesnt microsoft make windows...?

But not the PS2 or PS3... we do exist! I swear it...

Personally, I don't see why the PS2/PC versions don't have voice chat, since its not like the PS2 can't handle it.

Anyhoo, a server merge would be nice. The 360 players could get some haxeta, and the PC players could get some 14 year olds with microphones calling them a wide variety of racial and homophobic slurs. Everybody wins! >.>

That last paragraph was a joke...

Daremo
May 22, 2007, 03:23 PM
I do not see them joining the servers anytime soon.

chibiLegolas
May 22, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-05-22 02:50, Sounomi wrote:
It'd be nice if they set it up like how PSO was. Have a group of servers for each region of Japan, Americas, and Europe and allow people to freely choose which one they want to play on.

I totally agree with Sounomi on this.
Merge ALL PSU PS2/PC players world wide.
PSO ver. 1 & 2 had it right. This way, you could easily find ppl who you may not lag as much. Easier communication. And if you're on unusual times of the day, go somewhere else where ppl would be on.
We should be global dammit!

fumatanera
May 22, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-05-22 11:51, Yoshiflash wrote:
As a non japanese speaking non-fanboy, but as a hard-core gamer I almost ALWAYS had better experiences with JP players in both PSO and FFXI. I don't understand the anti-bilingual servers people at all. Don't play with people you don't want to, yeah?

Any server merging will be fine with me and if I were a betting man I'd say it's gonna happen eventually anyways depending on how much work it would be on Segas end with actual coding and not just swapping servers over.

And yes there are plenty of hardcore hackers in Japan, but there are also more hard core people working to stop em.Hacking is a very big deal there. It's like a non-spoken utter disrespect for hackers. They won't talk all the shit like we do but from the few english speaking JPs i've known they just flat despise the hackers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-22 11:56 ]</font>

ditto. when hacking was rampant, and the majority of the US PSO players were retarded anyway, you could always count on joining a JP game and have an excellent time. they are courteous, respectful, team players for the most part. however if their current server economies are more under control than ours, then there is no way they are going to merge and take a step backwards towards. i would like them to merge the PC/PS2 servers, but i don't see it happening.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fumatanera on 2007-05-22 13:48 ]</font>

Cz
May 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
lets just merge the world together. Who cares what language they speak. Actions speak it all! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

jayster
May 22, 2007, 04:03 PM
One of my friends said that if xbox 360 merged with pc / ps2 then it'd be the end of psu for the 360. Everyone would quit. I know I would atleast, unless pc / ps2 users were reset upon merging (items and money, not level).

Cz
May 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-05-22 14:03, jayster wrote:
One of my friends said that if xbox 360 merged with pc / ps2 then it'd be the end of psu for the 360. Everyone would quit. I know I would atleast, unless pc / ps2 users were reset upon merging (items and money, not level).

they arent gonna take away my legit Sweet Death i founded!!! And not everyone on PC/ps2 cheat! >.>

VanHalen
May 22, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-05-22 14:05, BunnyGirl wrote:

And not everyone on PC/ps2 cheat! >.>

True we all aren't Donald Trumps.

Anyway merge us with either server I'd be happy. Merge us with no server I'd still be happy.
Then again I would like to make friends with some of the people on the other servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-22 14:22 ]</font>

Niered
May 22, 2007, 04:38 PM
Firstly, I like the majority of this thread, believe that the possibility of PC/PS2 and 360 being merged is slim at best, impossible at worst.

However, in response to:

Good. Fucking. Night.

Lets do a little history lesson now shall we?

About 3 months into PSU's debut, hackers had made a pretty big fuss in the PC/PS2 servers with there massive amounts of duped meseta, hacked weaponry, and room hacks.

Women screamed, children cried, the sky as we knew it was falling.

Then Sega banned as many of the script-kiddies as they could get there hands on, a month or two later a patch was developed to counter the duplication technique, and GameGaurd was updated frequently. By this point most of the "hax0rz" had left realizing that they werent going to be getting away with much of anything after this.

2 things DID come of this though.

1. There was an absolutely gargantuan amount of meseta floating about.

2. A very large percent of the player base left due to these events happening so soon after the games launch.

It was at this point that the 360 "elitism", as it is called, developed. The 360 users, armed with the fact that gameplay in the PC/PS2 servers was infinitely easier due to the massive amounts of cash, went about naysaying the PC/PS2 community for being a bunch of pansies.

Which was true.

Yes, at the TIME it was true. Meseta was as prevalent as dirt, and NPC's were essentially raped of their items, while player shop prices skyrocketed. However many players, in an effort to stay legitimate, closed their shops and began making money the hard way.

Now lets time travel to present day. Shop prices are still inflated, the player base is indeed slowly getting smaller, but...whats this? Meseta is almost leveled out?!

And by the time we get grinder A boards, the entire economy should simply plummet its way back to normalcy entirely. NPC's have slowly been soaking up the excess meseta.

But the 360 elitism still abounds, mainly caused by immingrants that "ttly kno whut it wuz liek in teh PC/PS2 survarz".

So please, do the rest of humanity a favor and realize you have very little idea whats going outside your own private little utopia. The number of illegit rares is so low its not worth speaking of (i.e. In all my 600 hours I have only met one person with one). And if you were to check the trade boards, you might notice, if you opened your eyes of course, that the prices between PS2/PC players and 360 players really arent THAT different. The ones that are actually selling anyways.

Seira7
May 22, 2007, 04:57 PM
I guess I was an "elitist" long before the hacking happened. I bought a 360 specifically for this game. I have a great PC and ps2, but thought to invest in what I perceived would be the most secure version. And I am very happy with the money I spent. I hope things continue to be more secure for the PC/PS2 users, as they deserve it, but why merge...SEGA would lose their 360 fanbase. I doubt it will happen. That being said, a global merge sounds like a great alternative for PC/PS2 players.

Niered
May 22, 2007, 05:00 PM
The only reason that the 360 would lose its fanbase is because of so many people thinking that the PC/PS2 users have ungodly amounts of ahcked weapons.

We dont. And if anyone had bothered, youd do as I had mentioned and take note of the fact that the prices for items in both servers are actually very close.

The only thing that would come of use merging servers is you having another 2 universes full.

Mewnie
May 22, 2007, 05:07 PM

If we'd have to, you'd have to?

Fair is fair, right?

Sychosis
May 22, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:00, Niered wrote:
The only reason that the 360 would lose its fanbase is because of so many people thinking that the PC/PS2 users have ungodly amounts of ahcked weapons.

We dont. And if anyone had bothered, youd do as I had mentioned and take note of the fact that the prices for items in both servers are actually very close.

The only thing that would come of use merging servers is you having another 2 universes full.

No one knows what to believe really. When you have quotes like this:

On 2007-05-04 11:16, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-04 11:11, Sychosis wrote:
[Picture of 20 million meseta Ank Dedda Board]

On our PC/PS2 servers that wouldn't sit there for more than 10minutes at that price lol (even at 99mil it would disapear in instants) Long live our non economy!!!

*Creeps into shop* Yoink... *Runs away with the goods*

You have to admit, it sure as hell isn't painting as pretty a picture as you are.

Ithildin
May 22, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-05-22 14:38, Niered wrote:
Firstly, I like the majority of this thread, believe that the possibility of PC/PS2 and 360 being merged is slim at best, impossible at worst.

However, in response to:

Good. Fucking. Night.

About 3 months into PSU's debut, hackers had made a pretty big fuss in the PC/PS2 servers with there massive amounts of duped meseta, hacked weaponry, and room hacks.

Then Sega banned as many of the script-kiddies as they could get there hands on, a month or two later a patch was developed to counter the duplication technique, and GameGaurd was updated frequently. By this point most of the "hax0rz" had left realizing that they werent going to be getting away with much of anything after this.

2. A very large percent of the player base left due to these events happening so soon after the games launch.

It was at this point that the 360 "elitism", as it is called, developed. The 360 users, armed with the fact that gameplay in the PC/PS2 servers was infinitely easier due to the massive amounts of cash, went about naysaying the PC/PS2 community for being a bunch of pansies.

Which was true.

Yes, at the TIME it was true. Meseta was as prevalent as dirt, and NPC's were essentially raped of their items, while player shop prices skyrocketed. However many players, in an effort to stay legitimate, closed their shops and began making money the hard way.

Now lets time travel to present day. Shop prices are still inflated, the player base is indeed slowly getting smaller, but...whats this? Meseta is almost leveled out?!

And by the time we get grinder A boards, the entire economy should simply plummet its way back to normalcy entirely. NPC's have slowly been soaking up the excess meseta.

But the 360 elitism still abounds, mainly caused by immingrants that "ttly kno whut it wuz liek in teh PC/PS2 survarz".

So please, do the rest of humanity a favor and realize you have very little idea whats going outside your own private little utopia. The number of illegit rares is so low its not worth speaking of (i.e. In all my 600 hours I have only met one person with one). And if you were to check the trade boards, you might notice, if you opened your eyes of course, that the prices between PS2/PC players and 360 players really arent THAT different. The ones that are actually selling anyways.

god I love you

Seira7
May 22, 2007, 05:17 PM
Well, theres another way to get our universes more full and have everyone play to-gether and be la-la-la happy. Buy a 360 and join us! muhahaha. ^~^ j/k..I think... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ...

edit: Also, I just don't want to worry about hacking. happening. ever. to me. What happens to kids who hack gameguard and a PC game. They get their accounts banned and come back to do more damage. 360~ They may go to jail? The stakes are higher, and it is harder to do. Were not so much worried about your economy ruining ours, as we are having a bit of security taken away. Common sense really. it does seem kind of creepy the only ones pushing for the merge are PC players, not 360. I don't know any 360 players that want it -_-

im also confused, if someone thinks we are "elitist" why push for a merge to come play with us? *sigh*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seira7 on 2007-05-22 17:06 ]</font>

malice_nyc
May 22, 2007, 05:21 PM
No offense, but my reason for not trusting Microsoft with PSU is because of PSO on the XBox. How long has it been Christmas for?

Anyway, this topic obviously fails, as the OP should've known it would. Obviously, one's choice of consumer electronics determines one's value as a human being. Duh.

VanHalen
May 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
360 cost alot of money. You know what from now on I shall type with the spoilers. Err yeah umm it's not really that bad, they say the grass is greener on the other side but really it's the same color. Though i agree with somethings Niered said I say we should give this "lolhacks" shit a rest. I mean it's not like the fact that someone who has 99mil is going to kill you. Also this is pretty much here to make you look at it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Niered
May 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:09, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-05-22 15:00, Niered wrote:

No one knows what to believe really. When you have quotes like this:

On 2007-05-04 11:16, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-04 11:11, Sychosis wrote:
[Picture of 20 million meseta Ank Dedda Board]

On our PC/PS2 servers that wouldn't sit there for more than 10minutes at that price lol (even at 99mil it would disapear in instants) Long live our non economy!!!

*Creeps into shop* Yoink... *Runs away with the goods*

You have to admit, it sure as hell isn't painting as pretty a picture as you are.

You are correct sychosis, there are still alot of people asking for prices that are just ludicrous, and a handful of people that still have the cash on-hand to buy these things. But for the most part, the economy is balanced out. Like I said, any of these random people with their assinine amounts of cash should be dealt with with the inclusion of the A boards.

Sychosis
May 22, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:21, malice_nyc wrote:
No offense, but my reason for not trusting Microsoft with PSU is because of PSO on the XBox. How long has it been Christmas for?

How long has it been Christmas for on GC? Oh wait, there is no more GC server...

Powder Keg
May 22, 2007, 05:23 PM
A merge with anything at this point would be great, if somehow possible down the road with XB, that would be awesome, but I'll take a JP server merge, because not enough people play this game to split servers apart....period.

Soukosa
May 22, 2007, 05:24 PM
With all of those against server merging because of haxeta, they could always make it so you can only take a certain amount of meseta when you switch to AoI. Limit it to like a couple mil (if that) per account and that'd greatly fix many things. It also shouldn't upset anyone since they have the choice to do so or not. But it really depends largely upon how they handle the change to AoI and all.

On 2007-05-22 11:33, Golto wrote:
The JPN pc had hackers too just not as many and for not as long. Why do you think it took them so long to wipe most illegal items? They didn't care until some of the Japanese players started hacking pm synth entires.

If it was so easy that they patched the servers instantly after hacked stuff came out on the JP version, why wouldn't they have made the game like that in the first place? Simply because it wasn't that easy. There was hacking going on on the JP version long before it ever struck the western version. They had a meseta wipe before and after they managed to learn to hack out weapons with the synth system, they kept it to themselves mostly for the longest time, unlike on the western version where it went every where. It's likely just a coincidence that ST finished up the fix soon after they started to spread out on the JP version.

VanHalen
May 22, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:23, Sychosis wrote:

How long has it been Christmas for on GC? Oh wait, there is no more GC server...

Isn't that a good thing? Now people are forced to play PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sychosis
May 22, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:26, VanHalen wrote:

Isn't that a good thing? Now people are forced to play PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Not with BB still around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Crotchety old "Hardcore PSO Vets" still cling to it...

Falconpunch
May 22, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-05-22 03:26, Sasamichan wrote:
First of all, its not gonna happen. Second of all. FFXI is a reason that I don't want to play with the Japanese, ever.

What, you had trouble with the japanese on FFXI?

Grats on admitting you were horrible at FFXI. I never had a problem with a japanese PT. Use auto-translate and cast your cures/spam your provoke/etc and you can ride the free XP train all the way to the cap. CHOO CHOO.

VanHalen
May 22, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:35, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-05-22 15:26, VanHalen wrote:

Not with BB still around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Crotchety old "Hardcore PSO Vets" still cling to it...

Crap I forgot about them. They'll get bored of that eventually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Powder Keg
May 22, 2007, 05:44 PM
Wow, I read deeper into the topic, and I am just in disbelief about the whining about PS2/PC meseta. It's really not worth moaning about. Just be happy that's all there is...it could be worse.

Niered
May 22, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:44, Artea wrote:
Wow, I read deeper into the topic, and I am just in disbelief about the whining about PS2/PC meseta. It's really not worth moaning about. Just be happy that's all there is...it could be worse.

THANK YOU.

People are taking a very small difference that at one time WAS a problem, and blowing it out of proportion to the point that we PC/PS2 users are considered a bunch of plauge victims.

VanHalen
May 22, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:47, Niered wrote:

THANK YOU.

People are taking a very small difference that at one time WAS a problem, and blowing it out of proportion to the point that we PC/PS2 users are considered a bunch of plauge victims.

Very true. They make it seem like there was FSOD and people being Ethan'd.

EDIT: forgot spoiler tag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-22 15:51 ]</font>

Niered
May 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
Ethan'd. Nice.

On a side note, my PM's name is NOL =D

Retehi
May 22, 2007, 06:02 PM
Being Ethan'd wouldn't be so bad if you got his Crea Doubles in the process.

Kimil
May 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
Heh, to those 360 ppl posting in here:
Like I siad, this topic wasn't about merging with the 360 servers... lol

PSU360 is using all the features that XBL has to offer so merger there would be imposible. Merger with the JP PS2/PC servers though, is quite do-able.

To those playing the JP servers

Someone on the JP servers please ask the opinnions of our Japanese Speaking PSU-brothers and Sisters, Since I can't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-05-22 16:07 ]</font>

Schubalts
May 22, 2007, 06:09 PM
On 2007-05-22 15:38, Falconpunch wrote:

What, you had trouble with the japanese on FFXI?

Grats on admitting you were horrible at FFXI. I never had a problem with a japanese PT. Use auto-translate and cast your cures/spam your provoke/etc and you can ride the free XP train all the way to the cap. CHOO CHOO.

Does "JP ONLY" ring a bell?

Kimil
May 22, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-05-22 16:09, Schubalts wrote:

Does "JP ONRY" ring a bell?

Fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AweOfShe

Why would you be surprised about the amount of negative jackasses here? It's the in-thing to be jaded and overly-nostalgic around here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Korokodo13
On 2007-05-22 13:11, malice_nyc wrote:

Anyhoo, a server merge would be nice. The 360 players could get some haxeta, and the PC players could get some 14 year olds with microphones calling them a wide variety of racial and homophobic slurs. Everybody wins! >.>

That last paragraph was a joke...

Lol... Good times... Can't wait to fill out my role again when my 360 gets back on Friday XD...

Schubalts
May 22, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-05-22 16:10, Kimil wrote:

On 2007-05-22 16:09, Schubalts wrote:

Does "JP ONRY" ring a bell?

Fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Don't make me find the "JP ONRY" poem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Kimil
May 22, 2007, 06:37 PM
JP ONRY poem? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

VanHalen
May 22, 2007, 06:42 PM
Must be wlitten rike this.

McLaughlin
May 22, 2007, 06:52 PM

Actually, the "elitism" came about because all the shit you put us through before the game launched came back and kicked you in the sack.

We dont

You used your hacked money (Yeah, your money was hacked, whether you liked it or not) to fund your mass production of 9* equipment. Without the massive influx of meseta you wouldn't have all that gear, thus meaning it was obtained illegally.

So how long's the Gamecube version bee-...ah. Forgot. No server. Well, what about DC-...shucks. *Shrug*

Well, they're bitching about it.

This 360 "elitism" bullshit needs to stop just as badly as the "lolhaxeta/haxlarod" garbage.

--
Mod edit: no need to evoke flame

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-22 19:48 ]</font>

Mystil
May 22, 2007, 06:56 PM

I've said this before... PSO/PSU Japanese players are nothing like FFXI japanese players.

Niered
May 22, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-05-22 16:52, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Actually, the "elitism" came about because all the shit you put us through before the game launched came back and kicked you in the sack.

We dont

You used your hacked money (Yeah, your money was hacked, whether you liked it or not) to fund your mass production of 9* equipment. Without the massive influx of meseta you wouldn't have all that gear, thus meaning it was obtained illegally.

So how long's the Gamecube version bee-...ah. Forgot. No server. Well, what about DC-...shucks. *Shrug*

Well, they're bitching about it.

This 360 "elitism" bullshit needs to stop just as badly as the "lolhaxeta/haxlarod" garbage.

Shut the fuck up already.

HAHAHA your funny. Try using a brain next time you argue. I hear it makes your points actually valid.

So lets get started!

#1. Karma? I doubt. The so-called shit we put you through was minor. I and a great number of others actually DIDNT console-hate, because we realized it was pointless. Grats on generalizing!

#2. Would you like to know just what Ive got in my inventory right now?

1 9* handgun
1 9* Dual Handgun
1 9* rifle
1 9* shotgun
1 9* Grenade Launcher
1 9* Degahna Cannon (which I and a freind worked for, not buying either the board or the part)
1 9* Dagger.
1 Sori Senba and various store bought units.

Oh, and as for duplicates Ive made? In my entire time in PSU Ive made maybe 7-9 other guns that I sold at a VERY reasonable 150-300k a piece, depending on the amount of failures Id been having. This barely made me a profit.

So whats my grand total of meseta? 2.5 Million. thats the most Ive ever had. And before you go saying "Well grats to you for a bein a nub" Allow me to state I am by no means alone in this. Yes, there are stil hoarders that have assinine amounts of meseta. But those people are few and far between and more importantly, theyll be completely gone with the introduction of Grinder A's.

Yeah, Ill admit, I dont doubt some of my money's haxeta. That doesnt mean that we all just went out and made more weapons then the economy required. You forget that our community, small as it is, is running out of a need for these weapons. Its very hard to sell a 9* now, simply because that everyone that NEEDS one HAS one. (EDIT: Ok, actually, thats only true of force and ranger weapons, hunter weapons are definitely mass produced, but mainly for there %'s)

#3. Uhh...this one isnt really relevant to my arguement. I mean, its generally agreed that all the US versions got the big time online shaft.

--
Mod edit: do not provoke

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-22 19:52 ]</font>

Mystil
May 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
Arguing the point is quite valiant but it'll never get through to him or other 360 players. Duped meseta is stopped, there's no way to do it. Other hacks still happen, but meseta is done.

They can say otherwise and that's fine but it doesn't change the facts about our server :/.

jayster
May 22, 2007, 07:14 PM

However, in response to:

Good. Fucking. Night.

Which was true.

Lol and this coming from a typical pc / ps2 user. Seriously, you guys have a worse name for bashing us then us "elitist". I'd rather be a xbox360 elitist then a pc / ps2 prick. GOOD. NIGHT.

But before you tell me I dont know what I'm talking about, lets take a look at this.

From wht I'v read about pc / ps2, it seems a majority of the players remaining have not just a palette of high % weapons, but many many spares. Not only this, but it seems that a majority of players have high % elemental armors in each element almost. Not only that but the fact that you have around 100times as much meseta as us. So as it's worth, except for the almighty Hulk, even the poorer, newer players have more then a majority of the xbox360 users, even those who have played since it came out, like myself. I would say i cost about 15mil if I sold everything I own.

Seriously, merging this into our community would ruin it. No one would stand for it, and a majority would quit. I'm not saying that you guys don't deserve what you have, but you'v had a very large advantage over us with the economy. I bet the first day it happened, my S rank would be bought from my shop for 999999999. Even though it's meant only for showcase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-05-22 17:16 ]</font>

VanHalen
May 22, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-05-22 17:14, jayster wrote:

Seriously, you guys have a worse name for bashing us then us "elitist".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-05-22 17:16 ]</font>

meh, I could give it a shot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Then again I wouldn't feel good about myself after.

Niered
May 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
The idea that "ZOMG U GUIZE ON PEE-ESS-DUBBLE/PC HAVE SO MNY 1337 WEPS" isnt true.

Yes, there are people that have an entire pallete of high percent weapons.

Yes, there are people with doubles and triples of there favorite weapons.

But these are not, I repeat, NOT the majority. This is the glory that is the intarwub. Everything gets blown out of proportion, so take what you hear with a grain of salt. You thinking that if the PS2/PC servers were integrate wed ruin you, is just pathetic.

Sychosis
May 22, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-05-22 17:07, Niered wrote:
Grats on generalizing!

Didn't you just make a series of rants about "360 elitism?"

Doesn't that strike you as just a tad hypocritical?

Niered
May 22, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-05-22 17:22, Sychosis wrote:

Grats on generalizing!

Didn't you just make a series of rants about "360 elitism?"

Doesn't that strike you as just a tad hypocritical?

Everytime I made a post in this topic I made sure that I was either targeting the exact group I was talking about, or responding to a individual. At no point did I say (or mean) that every single person on the 360 is an elitist. In fact, I'd even have to say that those who are elitists are probably still pretty nice people, apart from that one single aspect.

jayster
May 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
If i'm concidered an elitist then your theory is wrong. I dont think any different of pc / ps2 players, they're just like me. I view the situation different and the material status different. Not that it's because they're on pc / ps2, infact if you could hack on the 360, i bet the hacking would be worse.

The difference is that your server is different than ours. We are not used to hacking and it would ruin it for a majority of us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-05-22 17:38 ]</font>

Sychosis
May 22, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-05-22 17:30, Niered wrote:

Everytime I made a post in this topic I made sure that I was either targeting the exact group I was talking about, or responding to a individual. At no point did I say (or mean) that every single person on the 360 is an elitist. In fact, I'd even have to say that those who are elitists are probably still pretty nice people, apart from that one single aspect.

Seems pretty sweeping to me.

Niered
May 22, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-05-22 17:39, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-05-22 17:30, Niered wrote:

Seems pretty sweeping to me.

Read farther into that post, I stated that I felt they had every reason to feel that way originally. Right after the haxeta problem, things really WERE fucked up, and I can totally agree that the game was too easy.

Daremo
May 22, 2007, 07:50 PM
Hmmm... Seems everyone needs to calm down a bit. It is highly unlikely that the a merger of the Xbox servers and PC/PS2 servers will occur. More likely would be the combining of the Japanese PC/PS2 servers with the American ones. For one thing 360 players are billed by Microsoft, our account is linked to our gamertag (we don't enter a name or password when logging in) and the voice chat feature would never be compatible with voice chat outside the Xbox live system.

Unless the expansion brings PSU into the world of Microsofts live anywhere service, it dosnt seem likley that any merger between 360 and PC/PS2 players could occur. And live anywhere is so far Vista only, so prob not going to happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daremo on 2007-05-22 17:51 ]</font>

Sychosis
May 22, 2007, 07:52 PM
Whether they were allowed to feel that way is irrelevant. The fact is PLENTY of 360 users aren't elitists, yet they were branded as such. It pissed them off a lot. Most now just take it in stride because after MONTHS of it being thrown in our faces, the insult has lost it's meaning. It has become a term of endearment really. We constantly crack jokes about how elitist we all are. Unfortunately we've lost a good deal of respect for our PC/PS2 brothers and sisters in the process. Not that anyone cares about the opinions of trash talking, racist, 12 year old elitist, Live using morons.

Anyway, that is what I think is the root of a lot of the anti-merge sentiment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-05-22 17:59 ]</font>

Powder Keg
May 22, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-05-22 17:35, jayster wrote:
If i'm concidered an elitist then your theory is wrong. I dont think any different of pc / ps2 players, they're just like me. I view the situation different and the material status different. Not that it's because they're on pc / ps2, infact if you could hack on the 360, i bet the hacking would be worse.

The difference is that your server is different than ours. We are not used to hacking and it would ruin it for a majority of us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-05-22 17:38 ]</font>

Let me make this clear:

The ONLY difference between the two servers is that one has players that have more meseta. That's It. If you think something as minor as that is going to cause everyone to quit....then I just don't know what you could possibly be thinking.

ChaotistRazor
May 22, 2007, 08:25 PM
Goddamn, I wish my life was so perfect that my biggest concern in life was a server merge in a video game.

Ceresa
May 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
As the official self-appointed elitist representative of the JP servers...

Keep your ridiculous supply of 50% equipment on the ninja dog servers where they belong, thanks.

The meseta may be gone/lessened, but the weapons/armor trivially made from them still exist and are still a problem, out of the frying pan into the fire as it were. If you don't see this, you're pretty blind. If those weapons are placed into a normal economy, it's the same as adding the equivalent meseta cost of production, those items only lack meseta value so long as they are isolated from the other servers.

On JP servers, 9 star 50% weapons go for 5-6 million, armor is like 30 million if you could even find it for sale(you won't). Our 10stars go for 1-2 million for the shitty ones (Ragnus, Skera) to 10-15 million for the rarer ones (Shikikami, Svaltus).

Not gonna go over very well if NA players come out of nowhere with these weapons they never earned, sell them then buy all our rares/units at our (rather well balanced) economy prices.

Don't think anyone would care if they merged JP with 360 though~ keep all the elitists people who earn their shit together~ Of course, PSOBB has like 50 people on the NA servers and they haven't merged them, so it's not likely to happen here either.

It's kinda funny, reading JP forums, there's a lot of similar posts to PSOW, you have elitists that don't like humans, or anything that's not newman FT, you have people accusing people of cheating in trade forums, people asking for advice on Onmagoug, even people ragging on slow ps2 users! For the most part, they're just like NA players.

For the most part though, ah that's the heart of the matter, the crux of it all, where the two paths diverge. Just one little difference, there isn't a single post hoping they merge with the fucked up disgrace that is the NA pc/ps2 servers.

Retehi
May 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
You're all rubes.

McLaughlin
May 22, 2007, 08:31 PM
#1. Karma? I doubt. The so-called shit we put you through was minor. I and a great number of others actually DIDNT console-hate, because we realized it was pointless. Grats on generalizing!

I'm not going to agrue about who's the bigger asshole. You ragged on us, we ragged on you. You honestly should have expected it.

#2. Would you like to know just what Ive got in my inventory right now?

1 9* handgun
1 9* Dual Handgun
1 9* rifle
1 9* shotgun
1 9* Grenade Launcher
1 9* Degahna Cannon (which I and a freind worked for, not buying either the board or the part)
1 9* Dagger.
1 Sori Senba and various store bought units.

Oh, and as for duplicates Ive made? In my entire time in PSU Ive made maybe 7-9 other guns that I sold at a VERY reasonable 150-300k a piece, depending on the amount of failures Id been having. This barely made me a profit.

So whats my grand total of meseta? 2.5 Million. thats the most Ive ever had. And before you go saying "Well grats to you for a bein a nub" Allow me to state I am by no means alone in this. Yes, there are stil hoarders that have assinine amounts of meseta. But those people are few and far between and more importantly, theyll be completely gone with the introduction of Grinder A's.

Yeah, Ill admit, I dont doubt some of my money's haxeta. That doesnt mean that we all just went out and made more weapons then the economy required. You forget that our community, small as it is, is running out of a need for these weapons. Its very hard to sell a 9* now, simply because that everyone that NEEDS one HAS one. (EDIT: Ok, actually, thats only true of force and ranger weapons, hunter weapons are definitely mass produced, but mainly for there %'s)

I wrote:

So, thanks for making my point.

#3. Uhh...this one isnt really relevant to my arguement. I mean, its generally agreed that all the US versions got the big time online shaft.

My point was that we aren't aren't being molested this time. By "we" I mean 360 players.

#4. I'll stop making fun of you the instant you get a grade-school education. Scouts honor.

Before you can insult my intellect, you need to figure out the difference between "there", "they're" and "their". That's third grade grammar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-05-22 17:09 ]</font>
[/quote]

Sychosis
May 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-05-22 18:25, ChaotistRazor wrote:
Goddamn, I wish my life was so perfect that my biggest concern in life was a server merge in a video game.

Of course, getting into a passionate discussion about the trivial things in life is always a great way to distract yourself from your bigger problems. Booze for under-aged/non-drinking nerds if you will.

Mystil
May 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
On 2007-05-22 17:52, Sychosis wrote:
Whether they were allowed to feel that way is irrelevant. The fact is PLENTY of 360 users aren't elitists, yet they were branded as such. It pissed them off a lot. Most now just take it in stride because after MONTHS of it being thrown in our faces, the insult has lost it's meaning. It has become a term of endearment really. We constantly crack jokes about how elitist we all are. Unfortunately we've lost a good deal of respect for our PC/PS2 brothers and sisters in the process. Not that anyone cares about the opinions of trash talking, racist, 12 year old elitist, Live using morons.

Anyway, that is what I think is the root of a lot of the anti-merge sentiment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-05-22 17:59 ]</font>

Me and you already been through this so you know how I feel about it XD.

Its hard to not sound generalizing when you say "PC player/360 player" when you only mean to direct it at that one person.

Ryna
May 22, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm locking this thread due to the petty console flamebaiting that is occuring.