PDA

View Full Version : Why expansion when the orignal game still has stuff to be un

maddoxxxx
May 22, 2007, 07:58 PM
maybe someone can clear this up for me. From what I remember hearing, there is tons of content still locked away in the original release that sega has not made available yet. Is this true? And if its true, why are they releasing an expansion already? Will the 2 be compatible (other than transferring characters/equipment over)?

Weeaboolits
May 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
Well, the expansion isn't finished yet, they may have everything released by the time it makes it over here. ;]

Kaydin
May 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
The expansion won't hit until fall. September for JP, October or November for us. There's still a while for the rest of the content in this version to come out.

shotsfired
May 22, 2007, 08:23 PM
this is the 64k question. i have been thinking this myself. but as the posters before me have said, i am sure the rest of the content will be released, albeit painfully slow, before AoI

Treillerti
May 22, 2007, 09:15 PM
If they do it like FFXI. At the same time they release the expansion, they'll release the rest of the content (If anything is still left to be unlocked by then) or shortly after the expansion's release.

Powder Keg
May 22, 2007, 09:21 PM
I don't think the original PSU is going to disappear after the expansion is released. If not before AoI is out, the content should still be released later on.

Lyrise
May 22, 2007, 11:22 PM
Most of the content is pretty well released. Only 2 missions left that need to be upgraded to S2, any other missions they add are essentially "new" content; and I don't think anyone will mind if there are a few S Rank weapons unreleased when Expansion hits.

pikachief
May 22, 2007, 11:37 PM
On 2007-05-22 21:22, Lyrise wrote:
Most of the content is pretty well released. Only 2 missions left that need to be upgraded to S2, any other missions they add are essentially "new" content; and I don't think anyone will mind if there are a few S Rank weapons unreleased when Expansion hits.

S2 hive
S2 dulk fakis
S2 Omnagoug
S2 moonlight beasts
S2 plain overloard
S2 Sleeping warriors
S2 Desert Goliath
S2 other moatoob mission
S2 Dual Sentinals
S2 Train level
S2 other parum robot mission i cant remember right now
S2 Mad Creatures

SEE! we still need alot of S2's!! and we also still need ice moatoob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-05-22 21:38 ]</font>

Lyrise
May 23, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-05-22 21:37, pikachief wrote:

S2 hive
S2 dulk fakis
S2 Omnagoug
S2 moonlight beasts
S2 plain overloard
S2 Sleeping warriors
S2 Desert Goliath
S2 other moatoob mission
S2 Dual Sentinals
S2 Train level
S2 Mad Creatures

The moment Expansion was brought up, I start referring to the Japanese version, cause you know, we get it first. And on the Japanese servers, the only missions left, are S2 HIVE areas. Iced Desert would be nice, but it might just be offline exclusive, or event exclusive.

pikachief
May 23, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-05-22 22:00, Lyrise wrote:

S2 hive
S2 dulk fakis
S2 Omnagoug
S2 moonlight beasts
S2 plain overloard
S2 Sleeping warriors
S2 Desert Goliath
S2 other moatoob mission
S2 Dual Sentinals
S2 Train level
S2 Mad Creatures

The moment Expansion was brought up, I start referring to the Japanese version, cause you know, we get it first. And on the Japanese servers, the only missions left, are S2 HIVE areas. Iced Desert would be nice, but it might just be offline exclusive, or event exclusive.

oh ok and they also need thier lvl 100 lv cap..... but thats pretty much all the big things they need..... besides thier grinder S boards.

-Shimarisu-
May 23, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-05-22 22:00, Lyrise wrote:

S2 hive
S2 dulk fakis
S2 Omnagoug
S2 moonlight beasts
S2 plain overloard
S2 Sleeping warriors
S2 Desert Goliath
S2 other moatoob mission
S2 Dual Sentinals
S2 Train level
S2 Mad Creatures

"We get it first"

Jesus christ take your elitist crap out of here, I know the poster is an idiot but this game has got one of the least concerning delays betwen JP and US of any game I've ever played.

Oh no, I'm waiting 2 months! To get to play the game with zero hacks, with US AND Japanese players, and voice chat to boot!

Kimil
May 23, 2007, 02:09 AM
Um... they are getting earlier... how is saying this make Lyrise an 'elitist'?

-Shimarisu-
May 23, 2007, 02:12 AM
If you don't think that post was worded in an elitist fashion, you are surely kidding yourself.

Patronising crossing out of missions aside, the words "The moment Expansion was brought up, I start referring to the Japanese version, cause you know, we get it first."

So expansion is brought up, and Lyrise with ZERO regard to the US release which MOST are playing, and absolutely NO clarification starts talking about the JP release, and expects you all to know this. Completely disregarding of course the fact that the US version even exists.

And if you want to know what those guys REALLY think of the US ver, you should hang around in PSU IRC chatrooms sometime, it's an eyeopener to say the least.

It roughly compares to what the 360 players think of the PC version, and what the PC players think of voicechat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I still say 360 is the best version, but with level 50+ chars on each server I think I've at least given the others a chance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-05-23 00:17 ]</font>

Magician
May 23, 2007, 06:11 AM
Well, PSU has been out (in the US) for almost seven months now (Oct 24th 06') and we've gotten more than three-quarters of the possible goodies on the disc. A rough guess of course, I'm going by the star rarity, 1*-12*. We have everything up to 9* and are dipping about a third into 10* stuff now. By the time the expansion lands in 5-6 months we should have all the 11* items. Sounds reasonable to me.

Golto
May 23, 2007, 09:45 AM
If the current trend continues, most 12*s and srank units will not be out by the time the expansion is out.

Magician
May 23, 2007, 10:09 AM
On 2007-05-23 07:45, Golto wrote:
If the current trend continues, most 12*s and srank units will not be out by the time the expansion is out.

Yup, the expansion shall be the land of 12*-15* goodies.

pikachief
May 23, 2007, 10:13 AM
On 2007-05-23 07:45, Golto wrote:

yea becuase the japanese are almost done with thier updates and they only have 2 12*'s

also they need to keep updating the original version after the expansion just for those people who havent bought the expansion right!? they cant just stop and move completely over to the expansion!

omegapirate2k
May 23, 2007, 10:31 AM
Heh, we still have quite a ways to go till the expansion is released, so you can count on pretty much all the content from the original disk is going to be unlocked.

AlphaDragoon
May 23, 2007, 11:30 AM
I'd like them to release the new clothing, already. >.>

*wants my Braves Coat*

Akaimizu
May 23, 2007, 11:55 AM
The expansion is releasing in a timely manner to what I would expect from them. There was a PSO version 1 and a PSO version 2. The time, between them, wasn't exactly that long either.

Zarbolord
May 23, 2007, 12:23 PM
Meh, all I have to say is that its a seriously stupid idea to have made an "expansion". It does seem kinda lazy, make the disc then when the random time comes unlock a smidge of content and make the players suffer. They do most likely work 1h a day if it rly is like that. Anyway, back to the comment... Why don't they just make a mega update? Are they low on money cos not enough players are on psu so they need to make another disk? I don't see the point they're going thru, I'm not into this stuff rly, so I'm probably missing most of the things, but to me it justs means lazioness from what I know. I don't see how a mega update would hurt, 4 to 9 hours of downloading? so what? We bought a game give us some reason to keep liking it not to hate it.

JAFO22000
May 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-05-23 00:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:
If you don't think that post was worded in an elitist fashion, you are surely kidding yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-05-23 00:17 ]</font>

Holy shit, I agree with Shimarisu!

Seriously though, if you guys haven't noticed the (and I hate using this word because it is overused, but here goes) "elitist" attitude that the JP players have then you really can't read between the lines. They remind me of Ignignokt and Err from ATHF:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:C8OYVMdfSwQczM:i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/mcmilo/ignignokt.jpg

"In Japan, we don't have silly hackers or voicechat...we get everything so far in advance of you US/NA people that we are bored with your bickering over things. There is no way you are ever going to be able to clear the Firebreak missions with your paltry weapons and weak playstyle..."

If you haven't read this in a lot of what these JP players post, then you're not interpreting the conversation correctly. It's insanely obvious to me that there is a superiority complex with them.

Cz
May 23, 2007, 12:27 PM
the expansion wont be here till 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-05-23 10:28 ]</font>

Golto
May 23, 2007, 12:35 PM
Answer me this then to people who think most if not all the 11*-12* stuff will be released before the expansion, where are they going to drop? I only expect 1 more 12* to drop, Agito Replica. Not to mention there still will be some 11* weapons and armors still not dropping. Srank units forget about it. Only 1 srank unit so far drops and its 10* we still have to see the 11* and 12* prefix ones.

So unless we see a lot of s3 rank missions in a short time span a lot of the 11*-12* stuff will not be released by the time of the expansion. The expansion is supposed to herald the 13*-15* stuff not 11*-15* stuff though.

Cz
May 23, 2007, 12:37 PM
13*-15* ....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

amtalx
May 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-05-23 04:11, Magician wrote:
Well, PSU has been out (in the US) for almost seven months now (Oct 24th 06') and we've gotten more than three-quarters of the possible goodies on the disc. A rough guess of course, I'm going by the star rarity, 1*-12*. We have everything up to 9* and are dipping about a third into 10* stuff now. By the time the expansion lands in 5-6 months we should have all the 11* items. Sounds reasonable to me.

No whats reasonable is giving us all the content that we paid for when we bought the disc. Curse you ST!!! I pay $60 upfront so I can pay another $10 a month for a year to get access to the content I paid for with the original $60. Highway robbery I tell you.

fumatanera
May 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-05-23 00:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Patronising crossing out of missions aside, the words "The moment Expansion was brought up, I start referring to the Japanese version, cause you know, we get it first."

So expansion is brought up, and Lyrise with ZERO regard to the US release which MOST are playing, and absolutely NO clarification starts talking about the JP release, and expects you all to know this. Completely disregarding of course the fact that the US version even exists.

And if you want to know what those guys REALLY think of the US ver, you should hang around in PSU IRC chatrooms sometime, it's an eyeopener to say the least.

It roughly compares to what the 360 players think of the PC version, and what the PC players think of voicechat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I still say 360 is the best version, but with level 50+ chars on each server I think I've at least given the others a chance.

do you ever miss a chance to be a douche? try mumbling something at least semi-coherent about the OP topic before you get all vinegerette on the poster.

it'll be close, but like someone up there said before, i don;t think people will mind a couple of S ranks missing when the expansion hits. if you really wanted it, couldn't you still hunt it in the expansion?

Niered
May 23, 2007, 01:06 PM
There is ONE thing we were promised we still havent gotten yet.

Vehicle missions.

Smallredbox
May 23, 2007, 01:06 PM
Well, to get everything you paid for, just buy the game and not play it online until all the content is released.

Problem solved.

In all probability, you will not be doing that, so there isn't really any point in complaining, since you have a great solution to your problem already.

Cheers!

Weeaboolits
May 23, 2007, 01:07 PM
I haven't played online yet. ;]

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

fumatanera
May 23, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-05-23 11:07, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I haven't played online yet. ;]

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

you're lucky. you only have to suffer whinning in the forum and not during the game.

Smallredbox
May 23, 2007, 01:10 PM
You really arent missing out on too much.

Not that i dont like the game. I really do.

Try to get on by tomorrow htough, for that one firebreake vent! ^__^

=-=-=-=

I wish I could play my game offline, but it always freezes on block 2 in CHAPTER ONE (wtf)

Saphion
May 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
In response to the original question:

Because we have a cruel and merciless God.

physic
May 23, 2007, 01:43 PM
the reason they are releasing an expansion was because this is how they planned to do it. There is no other feasible plan with ps2 support sans hard drive.
There is probably a decent amount of in game content we probably wont see. but we will probably have all 11 stars and some or most 12 stars.
Ambitions gonna add new weapons from a rank level and even lower for totally new weapons so it wont just be 12-15 stars.
probably what they will do is still release somethings on both platforms.

ID also say its possible more 12 stars are out in japan, but with really crappy drop rates. think if something dropped 2 degrees gayer than crea doubles, how often youd see it. Forget about it ifs on moatoob, heh, they dont even have the drop charts on moatoob filled for old missions.

Aoi is adding a lot of decent sized changes on its on though, so i cant wait for it to come.

Akaimizu
May 23, 2007, 01:56 PM
Same here. Some major class rebalancing is coming. Not counting anything in terms of balance between the classes; but some are finally actually getting the abilities they originally described them to do, in the first place.

Soukosa
May 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-05-23 10:35, Golto wrote:
Answer me this then to people who think most if not all the 11*-12* stuff will be released before the expansion, where are they going to drop? I only expect 1 more 12* to drop, Agito Replica. Not to mention there still will be some 11* weapons and armors still not dropping. Srank units forget about it. Only 1 srank unit so far drops and its 10* we still have to see the 11* and 12* prefix ones.

Yep, pretty much. Though I imagine that Desert Terror S2 has a 2nd 10* unit that people haven't found yet merely since DT and DG tend to drop the same level of units from Tenora for the same rank.

So unless we see a lot of s3 rank missions in a short time span a lot of the 11*-12* stuff will not be released by the time of the expansion. The expansion is supposed to herald the 13*-15* stuff not 11*-15* stuff though.

I wouldn't say the expansion is about heralding higher end stuff but more of expanding upon what the game has. They are adding in plenty of new gears below S rank as well as new 10* gears. I imagine that the 13*+ stuff will be more of the super high end elitist stuff that you'll kill yourself trying to get. The 10*~12* gears will be more of the standard high end gears. It also seems that the way they've set things up, everyone won't be shooting for a 12* but rather which one suits their tastes in asthetics. It seems that 10* and 11* gears have the same synth rates and the only difference in synth mats is the ore you use.

On 2007-05-23 00:04, -Shimarisu- wrote:
"We get it first"

Jesus christ take your elitist crap out of here, I know the poster is an idiot but this game has got one of the least concerning delays betwen JP and US of any game I've ever played.

Oh no, I'm waiting 2 months! To get to play the game with zero hacks, with US AND Japanese players, and voice chat to boot!

"I'm too good for the PC version and all of its supposed hacking that occurs so I play on the 1337 XBox version."
Whose the elist now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I doubt Lyrise was trying to sound elitist but rather refering to what was released on the JP version since that's technically what ST has released, be it on all versions or not. Maybe if you weren't always riding on your high horse trying to pull up crap from others you would have seen this.

Flwl3ssCowboy
May 23, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-05-22 18:00, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Well, the expansion isn't finished yet, they may have everything released by the time it makes it over here. ;]

HAHA

HA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA
HAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahhhh...that was good

slow ST is SLOWWWWW

-Shimarisu-
May 23, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-05-23 15:05, Sounomi wrote:

"I'm too good for the PC version and all of its supposed hacking that occurs so I play on the 1337 XBox version."
Whose the elist now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I was actually referring to the fact there has been extensive hacking on the *japanese* version, unlike the US ver minus its serial numbers it was kept more contained and hush hush, still a lot of people were selling max meseta on Yahoo JP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Think of it like this:

1. Buy PS2 game for a pittance (seen it for like $20 here).

2. Use key off that to make an account on PC, hack max meseta into game.

3. Sell max meseta on Yahoo JP auctions for literally hundreds of dollars.

4. When banned, buy another copy. Rinse/repeat. If MAC banned, do this from a webcafe, all you need is to download C.E. and lots of webcafes had PSU already on the computers.

5. Sega do not fix this issue til it starts to destroy the *US* version, months later. In fact they were likely acting to save their revenue from the US servers, because like I say it was far more contained on JP. If the US version had not been released, JP might have slid slowly into the mire that US got into eventually.

It happened. I was watching it happen because I USE Yahoo JP auctions.

All I was saying was JP is not perfect. Sure, 360 is. It's perfect for me because I absolutely can't stand hacking, but you know what? I don't post stuff like "Oh, when you are talking about the expansion, I automatically assume you must be downloading it, here's some download advice... wait you're not on 360? Oh well haha I'm not expected to even consider that you exist."

pikachief
May 23, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2007-05-23 10:37, BunnyGirl wrote:
13*-15* ....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

wats so funny? did u not know about the 13*-15* items and weapons and armors?