PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this log in problem?

Garnet_Moon
May 22, 2007, 09:36 PM
I got in after the update earlier, and now i'm afraid to logout. D:

Turambar
May 22, 2007, 09:36 PM
Every time I attempt to log in ever since the gameguard update, it reaches the "Searching for Update" screen and proceeds to boot me with a windows error message "Changes to the game and gameguard has been detected." Wondering if anyone else had this happen to them / a possible solution before I reinstall the game.

RedX
May 22, 2007, 09:45 PM
what GG is it up to now?

Well, about you problem, the first thing you should do is delete your GameGaurd folder and then re-download it. If that doesn't work try closing all the process on your computer (unimportant ones anyway, mostly the ones under your user name except explorer.exe).

Turambar
May 23, 2007, 11:41 AM
Tried RedX's suggestion. No luck. Tried reinstalling the game in general, no luck. Why didn't this happen DURING classes so I didn't sneak PSU in between study sessions...

(Kind of Ironic how I told friends on vent 2 night ago how I'd go back to Guild Wars if PSU somehow locked me out.)

Mutt12
May 23, 2007, 11:45 AM
Gameguard also attaches itself to your system files. So you might need to try deleting it's entries line by line. This happened to me a long time ago with Maple Story.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 23, 2007, 11:59 AM
Someone on the official forum with this problem said you have to delete (yes delete, not disable) your anti-virus program, because certain ones can interfere with the new GG update. Don't know which programs though, sorry. I do, however, know that Norton doesn't seem to be a problem.

Cz
May 23, 2007, 12:01 PM
restart your computer! Bunny says. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Turambar
May 23, 2007, 07:26 PM
Theres a thought. Does anyone know if gameguard files from another game might also interfere, such as say Maple Story? (Probably should uninstall that, but too many friends use my char as a storage depot -_-')

Criss
May 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
I had the same problem, uninstalled BitDefender (the anti-virus I was using), and now it works fine. And I don't have any other games that use Gameguard either.

Palefire
May 23, 2007, 10:56 PM
It's a widespread problem (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=142923&forum=3&12).

BitDefender is one of those anti-viruses that GG throws a temper tantrum over, (or BitDefender is reading GG as a virus...which it is, technically-speaking) so if you use that and you're willing, you could switch to a different anti-virus.

Other than that, the only thing left is watching the official forums and spamming the support form until you get an answer.