PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: I'm not your resta bitch.

Uncle_bob
May 22, 2007, 10:52 PM
I had a couple hours to kill before I had to go to work today, so I decided to load up PSU and kill some space cows. I join a Crimson Beast B-Rank team(Shut the fuck up, I'll whore Crimson Beast all I want, thanks.) with two guys and two NPC's in the team.

I catch up to them and we clear a room. They sit around in the room at half health while I go ahead. About a 30 seconds later they're begging me to heal them (I was using my Wartecher). I go back and heal/buff them since they weren't THAT far behind.

As we near the end of Block 1 two Jarbas spawn and being the nooby hunters they are they decide to engage them head-on with the leader's stupid-ass NPC's following them. They all get slaughtered by Megid and Damubarta more times than I could count, despite my best efforts to keep them alive. Whatever, I was just concerned with my character level at the time so it's no big deal to me.

Shortly after we get to the next block the leader's buddy decides to bail out. We go on and the leader just stops in a hallway infront of the wall-mounted turrets and just lets himself and his NPC's die over and over. After he dies without a scape he starts whining and bitching at me to come revive him. I tell him I'm not going to keep wasting my time and items on him if he's just going to sit around and die.

He bitches and whines more as I clear out the room and go to Block 3. He goes back to the lobby and joins me at B3, running around just getting himself beaten around and not really helping me at all. After a while he runs off to the corner and starts bitching at me to heal his fucking NPC's because they had less than 1/10 health left each. I tell him no because I have no fucking PP left from buffing and healing him and his dumbass friend earlier in the mission. I had Charges, but I didn't feel like wasting them since there was a recharge cube right before the boss.

After a while he says he's gonna kick me if I don't heal his NPC's. I laugh and clear out the room and warp to the boss before his count-down reached 0. Then he kicked me.

What a dick. Yea, I can use resta. I'll heal you if you need it badly, but don't sit there and expect it every time an enemy hits you for 10 damage. I'm not a fucking fortecher.

Sinue_v2
May 22, 2007, 11:50 PM
I always took the assumption that Wartechers were more of a support class, being that they can't do the melee damage that figheter classes do, and they can't tech as well as F's and FT's. Let them do the bulk of the damage. You have the HP to survive on the front lines and resta/buff/debuff/support as well as doing moderate melee skills. So in that sence, it is your job to make sure the party is healthy and buffed.

However, those people you were partying with sound like noobish whiney douchbags. I wouldn't have resta'd them either, just on principal.

Weeaboolits
May 22, 2007, 11:58 PM
Sounds like fun. ;]

UnderscoreX
May 23, 2007, 12:35 AM
I had no idea the Uncle played PSU, and that sounds like 80% of the general community just whining for buffs and resta. Play a Hunter and Tornado Dance all over the place, that's about the only thing I see people complain more about. BUT I DO IT ANYWAYS.

Blitzkommando
May 23, 2007, 03:44 AM
S/D PLZ!!!! HEAL PLOX!!!

Oh yeah, the good old days as RAmarl/HUnewearl and whiney n00bmars and n00bcasts. Just because I can doesn't mean I have the chance to do so the very second that it runs out EVERY FUCKING TIME. I'm trying to kill the shit that's killing you dumbfucks because you're too damned stupid to dodge the demon flower megid. (Yeah, way too many runs through East and West Towers in PSOGC)

Sounds like I need to get back on PSU for a bit to help you rape and pillage minus the dipshits, Uncle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2007-05-23 01:45 ]</font>

Mystil
May 23, 2007, 06:33 AM
Resta makes people get careless.

Weeaboolits
May 23, 2007, 07:58 AM
Hopefully, my time spent playing offline'll stop m from being resta dependant, Maya won't even heal to save her own life, let alone mine! ;]

Kent
May 23, 2007, 08:07 AM
On 2007-05-22 20:52, Uncle_bob wrote:
I laugh and clear out the room and warp to the boss before his count-down reached 0. Then he kicked me.

What a dick.

While dickitude does beget dickitude, that doesn't mean that dickitude is the right thing to do. Don't encourage it. :/

DurakkenX
May 23, 2007, 08:40 AM
you both acted like dicks, but he did so first... so i guess that's alright.

Uncle_bob
May 23, 2007, 10:11 AM
To the last two replies.. If i had gone back to revive him, there's a fair chance he would have just said "lol" and let himself get shot to death again. Now wouldn't that be a waste of time?

Sayara
May 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
Ah i remember PSO being a Ramarl I'd be buffing more so often than shooting things with a rifle or a mechgun.

Im too use to being a support whore in PSO with Tingle to not heal people though :/

Bob, you need to play with smarter people. And don't play on Altair.

DurakkenX
May 23, 2007, 11:01 AM
probably... by the way... you are my biznitch!

opaopajr
May 24, 2007, 04:19 AM
reminds me of casts who couldn't figure out the value of confuse/freeze traps. i noticed some of the best players to dodge, feint, and gather the mob were previous force players. too many hunters were inept at mob gathering and feinting. nah, i should just say bad players who loved to play "teh MaNly HUntER!" i liked playing with good players; found ranger centric players were damn good at methodical ranging, isolation, and covering exits. but then i remember PSOv1 DC with that Spike Thrower or whatever just running through everything leaving no one any EXP.

don't know how to tell you to find good players. i'm out of the PSU loop myself. i'd guess avoid 'VegitaSephirothTrunksGokuInuyashaNarutoSasuke1337 ' players. no idea what's the latest nimrod group-think name.

DurakkenX
May 24, 2007, 06:03 PM
I don't use traps cuz i don't like them and they take up space.

I also tend not to care about gathering and such as there too many people that don't know how to play strategically.

Uncle_bob
May 24, 2007, 08:32 PM
Eh. It's at the point where I would like to just avoid any male melee characters all together. They've filled the "noobmar" slot of PSU.

DurakkenX
May 24, 2007, 08:38 PM
that's too much of a generalization ^.^

My primary goal when there is a fo in the group is to protect them, however most times other party members mess it up or the fo themself does and gets killed regardless. I won't sacrifice my scapedoll for a fo that doesn't heal and buff me. It's just not worth it, but at the same time that doesn't mean i care 100% about being buffed all the time or being healed all the time...in fact there have been times i have almost yelled at people for healing me when they should have been attacking.

Bananas are delicious

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 24, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-05-24 16:03, DurakkenX wrote:
I don't use traps cuz i don't like them and they take up space.

I also tend not to care about gathering and such as there too many people that don't know how to play strategically.

Traps in PSO were pretty leet.

PSU traps have taken a backseat to the ease of use PSO style. Also adding more hassle by having to purchase/farm them rather than quick and painless, cheap refills.

opaopajr
May 26, 2007, 06:22 AM
you gotta synth farm traps now? ewww.....