PDA

View Full Version : SE variance, more use for silence, shock, poison

SolomonGrundy
May 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
I'm a little miffed with virus dominating the DoT market. Besides goldova, where are the enmies that can be poisoned, but not virused? Where are the enemies that can be shocked, but not frozen? How about some enemies where silence is more useful than confuse, or at least get's applied better, or more often. (hint, sega: make the enemy a lightning type too)

also, there need to be stun traps. Sleep is just stupid

Akaimizu
May 23, 2007, 04:11 PM
I believe some people are actually putting some info together as to which enemies are more resistant to Virus as opposed to Burn. For Guns, those are the only DOT things, in existence.

Goldovas, of course, require SE4 fire, and is the only Gun-fired DOT that actually works on it. Take note, Fire has been measured to over time faster than Virus. The bad part is, that Fire lasts a shorter time than Virus. So for enemies that can get virused, it's easier to maintain an entire group of them, with virus on, just because of the longer duration.

Still, either one you land, you're doing real nice damage, just take note of what works and what does not. It's still quite backwards in how Virus (which I assume is a disease) actually affects Robots but Burn does not.

That is, unless Virus is smart, and becomes a *computer virus* when it hits robots instead. Or better yet.

450,119 viruses!! Whoah, that's a lot of Viruses!!!!

Computer over.
Virus = very yes.

Strong Sad: Strong Bad, did you get a virus?
Strong Bad: No.
Strong Sad: Did you get over 400,000 viruses?
Strong Bad: Yes.....Very yes!!

<Back>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-23 14:12 ]</font>