PDA

View Full Version : player shop suggestion for pso-worlders

majan
May 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
ok so I doubt Im the only one who goes to player shops to only find ebons and stelniums and etc. for well over 5k...which,respectively,can be more than double the fucking npc prices.

its possible that sega may fix this player shop annoyance come the expansion but who is going to rely on the ever obnoxious sonic team...
anyway...

I think we all as people who actually know the npc store prices should put in our shop ad's :

"CHECK THE NPC SHOP PRICES"

that way new players who simply dont know any better will start to realize that,hell,maybe the 49 par ebons in their shop will actually sell if they price it for less than what we can go to the computer store and buy it for.
this may take a while to spread the word and get the message to bleed on out there but I think we can pull it off little by little.one less person is one less player shop you go into and seeing prices way above npc stores,and thus a much lower probability of losing a few points on your IQ from getting so angry with people who just cant check the normal shop prices.

agreed?anyone have a better idea?not that its such a big deal to go and just buy it from the npc shop to not give them the satisfaciton of pricing it ridiculously,but its more of the point so they actually know.its annoying as hell.

Akaimizu
May 24, 2007, 01:15 PM
Well, in general, this might help the new players, but most people aren't so easily fooled. I'd say, once prices get to the 100K range or above, in general, people who've gotten that far are quick enough to check the NPC store prices first before buying said wanted item. They used to try that junk out with Ranger and Force weapons, but nowadays less and less of the overpriced stuff is selling. Hunter weapons and armors still deal with percentages, but otherwise, most know to check the NPC store first.

I always make it an idea that when I formulate what I want, I save up for the NPC version (if they sell it). That keeps the NPC price fresh in my mind when I go shopping for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-24 11:27 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
May 24, 2007, 01:15 PM
this is such old news and ranting/raving/complaining.

THE JACKEL

majan
May 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-05-24 11:15, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
this is such old news and ranting/raving/complaining.

THE JACKEL

its not really old news at all,in fact,this is still going on right now,and noone has done shit about it..here we are a bunch of psu'ers who can easily talk to each other on the boards and communicate like this the way that other players cant...particularly,said offenders.

its isnt a rant at all,pal,this shit still goes on today and it sure as hell is worth pointing out cus its annoying when theres 20 shops on the screen to choose from and one or 2 are storage,which is all well and cool,and the rest,and I mean all of the rest,are way above the NPC price.

Akaimizu
May 24, 2007, 01:29 PM
It's been going on for a long time, and in general we do stuff about it. We do the only thing we can do, avoid paying for overpriced stuff. Vote with your wallet, I'll say. It's worked before.

The same thing that happened to Teranite could happen to anything else. I remember the very first day when Teranite prices hit the floor. After that, I didn't bother selling it in the Player shop anymore, because I'd get the same amount selling it back to the NPCs.

Powder Keg
May 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
It happens everywhere. Just like in real life. People are going to overprice things and reel in fools who are dumb enough to pay for them.

I don't mind seeing this. It tells me who to stay away from.

majan
May 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-05-24 11:29, Akaimizu wrote:
It's been going on for a long time, and in general we do stuff about it. We do the only thing we can do, avoid paying for overpriced stuff. Vote with your wallet, I'll say. It's worked before.

The same thing that happened to Teranite could happen to anything else. I remember the very first day when Teranite prices hit the floor. After that, I didn't bother selling it in the Player shop anymore, because I'd get the same amount selling it back to the NPCs.

"vote with your wallet" has worked in the past,you are right,but,I kindly think you guys are missing my point....

Ive been in a few parties where some people say that they found vulcalinef or cheap...we asked how cheap...one guy said 15k once and another said 10...voting with your wallet doesnt work anymore cus NOBODY checks,even when they themselves are buying.so I dont see them themselves pricing it any better

that what Im getting at and why I say its completley worth it to try to spread some kind of awareness about the fact that NPC store prices do exist out there.

heck,I can deal with it,but,were all a community here,so why not get together for once and try and fix a little somethin somethin thats been bothering people for ages.

Eleina
May 24, 2007, 01:39 PM
everyone overprices objects....imagine all ppl selling sweet berrys (50 at npc) rarely sell them for less than 1k >> (looking for one made me waste 20 minutes just because i thought it would be faster than running to the npc <<)

Dj_SkyEpic
May 24, 2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks max-evolution!
http://www.max-evolution.com/PSUStorePrices.htm

-Ryuki-
May 24, 2007, 01:42 PM
What about elemental percentages, and grinding?
Any excuse for that, DJ? <3 XD

Eleina
May 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
Now take those prices and multiply them by 10 to 15 times and you have PC/Ps2 store prices ;D

Powder Keg
May 24, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-05-24 11:43, Eleina wrote:
Now take those prices and multiply them by 10 to 15 times and you have PC/Ps2 store prices ;D

TEE HEE! SO TRUE! ...

majan
May 24, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-05-24 11:39, Eleina wrote:
everyone overprices objects....imagine all ppl selling sweet berrys (50 at npc) rarely sell them for less than 1k >> (looking for one made me waste 20 minutes just because i thought it would be faster than running to the npc <<)

case in point.trying to fix it and not fixing it cus people are doosh bags is different than not trying to fix it cus we think people are too doosh enough to even recognize even if its right in front of their face.better to give it a shot before we say fuck it.

Eleina
May 24, 2007, 01:58 PM
And store prices are doomed forever on our servers <<
Even if ppl started selling at reasonable prices there would be at least two limits..
1) Random f**kers who scrap up ppl efforts and by cheap objects them resell them at ten times the price
2) Alot of stores on our servers often belong to ppl who have quit/taken a break and left alot of overpriced shit in them...So whenever you try and look for something, you end up going to a couple of these and get rather annoyed. And take the wise choice to stop wasting your time...

Guess we'll just have to rely on friends to find that last junaline or synth mat you need for your boards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

majan
May 24, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-05-24 11:43, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-24 11:42, RyukiZero wrote:
What about elemental percentages, and grinding?
Any excuse for that, DJ? <3 XD

first of all its a good thing he posted that so now we at least have a reference.besides,were not talking about weapons pcts and grinding anyway.this is mainly concerning synth items..or anyhting available at the NPC shops.

also,yes,my heart goes out to you pc ps2'ers who suffer from the remaining effects of haxeta.unfortuantely enough,the NPC store is you guys friend.

Palefire
May 24, 2007, 05:15 PM
Problem is, I think most of the shops pricing things ridiculously high aren't owned by PSOWers. I've seen a few, (won't mention who) but most of them are players who don't check store prices or check the databases here or on PSUpedia.

A noble effort, but I'm not sure if those who really need to read it will even see it.

Saigan
May 24, 2007, 08:14 PM
Yes the haxeta stomped all over the PSU economy but there are two things to consider:

Shops were over-priced prior to haxeta.

The economy is slowly (very slowly) returning to normal. Gi / Magic is down to 2 million in some shops from 20-40 million. Remember everytime someone dies a 5000mst scape doll just left the economy.

VanHalen
May 24, 2007, 08:23 PM
You can use this guide for player shop prices
http://www.animeodyssey.4t.com/SUBPAGES/angellia.htm

Credit to Hideki_Tojo!

That's if you want to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Mystil
May 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-05-24 11:39, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Thanks max-evolution!
http://www.max-evolution.com/PSUStorePrices.htm

I live and die bye that list.

It's also time to go lower in photon prices.

A grinders gonna reel in some money,