PDA

View Full Version : PM: B St 100

Theoderic
May 25, 2007, 06:53 PM
SEGA told me to find out the answer to this question on my own, so I cam e here for assistance.

I have yet to see anyone with this achieved, and am very close to doing this myself. I have heard rumors about this being a "Battle Stat" reflecting AI, but I doubt it, as I have engaged in many scenarios with the same results, regardless of the value. I currently have mine at 75, and I have been theorizing that this may be related to some kind of unknown factor, and has nothing to do with anything anyone has suspected so far. It does not do ANY of the following:

Increase AI
"Unlock" PM weapons and/or PAs (all NPCs achieve this by YOUR character reaching certain levels.)
Affect synthesis

I was thinking it might be "Base Stamina" and may end up making the PM completely immune to negative status effects once it reaches 100. I have attempted to calculate the rate of affliction and it seems to lower by about 1% to 2% for each level. I also noticed that Laia Martinez and any PM are completely immune to Incapacitation. (Side note, Rentis and Dizas protect the wearer from a maximum amount of damage, and if the damage being given destroys one shield and still lands damage greater than 0 to the target, the status of the attack is still able to activate.) I positioned the 3 of us in a line and Megid killed only me, but not the other 2, after breaking one ring of Rentis. If anyone else has been working on leveling their PM in battle and testing similar theories, share some of your findings here so we can decipher what "B St" means.

Dhylec
May 25, 2007, 06:57 PM
I think most will agree it's short for 'Battle Status'. It's something regarding battle AI, not stamina.

Theoderic
May 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
I've tested it, and it does nothing for AI... AI is the same as it is on a brand new battle ready model. I tested B St 75 vs B St 0 and the PMs do the same thing... I know they behave differently based on the monster level in regard to theirs, and in regard to what level you are (which opens up more of their abilities), but I doubt it contributes to AI. I have been testing it, along with a few others, for 2 weeks now, and I see no difference. The only thing I DID notice was a decrease in the status affliction rate on the higher B St PM. The tests were done on C of various missions as my B St 0 PM belongs to a level 1 alt.

Vuman
May 25, 2007, 07:19 PM
I also have a Battle Stat 100 and it doesn't do anything different. Sometimes it'll wander off in a tangent from me or it'll shuffle around but not target a monster which is stuff it did at 0. Battle Stat = nothing

Arika
May 25, 2007, 07:31 PM
Battle satus do help a lot, but I don't know when it is that high.
I know when my PM is lv 0 lv 10 and lv 25, I can see a huge different

Syl
May 25, 2007, 09:21 PM
I know they say new things <_<

Theoderic
May 26, 2007, 05:25 AM
Speech, weaponry, and AI are based on the PMs level in relation to the number of monsters and their levels in respect to its level. Try it out on small groups in C, then in S2, and then large groups in C, then in S2. I didn't see my PM get confused until Mad Beasts S2 and it said "Unknown/Unidentified condition" or something along those lines, and although it was new to me, it was just something not seen too often enough for me to realize that a PM with B St 0 says THE EXACT SAME THING...

So far B St does nothing. I still haven't even figured out what it really stands for anyway. Battle Stat seems too American and very un-SEGA-like.

Neith
May 26, 2007, 06:07 AM
Considering it's raised through bringing your PM into Battle, it's going to be Battle Stat. Just because it's a Sega game doesn't mean it has to be hugely complicated.

I will admit though, I've seen a lot of people's PM's, and they act virtually the same at high B St =/

F-Gattaca
May 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
Theoderic, what does "being too American" have to do with the Battle Stat? Why is it "un-SEGA like?"

Anyway ... PM behaviors have changed since I played with mine last (college and all the hacking issues going on kept me away from PSU for most of the semester), but back in the past I could've sworn my 440 would fire slightly faster as her battle stat increased.

I noticed that the 440 initially would only fire as fast as her PP recharged, rather than just firing as fast as she could, PP drain be damned. She seemed to fire a little faster after leveling the battle state more, but still not as fast as a player mashing the keys.

However, I'll have to do more runs with her to understand how she's changed since all the updates. I was shocked to find her actually casting TECHNICs in a run I did before Firebreak. My PM never did that before--and she didn't do it at the brink of death, either!