PDA

View Full Version : A+9 Grinder Breaks 9* Double Saber on 1st Attempt !!!

FUFME
May 26, 2007, 01:35 AM
Holy Fukness, I gave a freind a bunch of a+9 and a+8 cuz I was scared to grind anything.

Sure enough, she grinds her 44% Double Sabers w/ a a+9 and it breaks on first attempt!!!!!!

What in the heck is up with that? I aint grinding anything and will wait till the expansion.

Siertes
May 26, 2007, 01:39 AM
Should have made a male newman just for grinding's sake.

gambit04
May 26, 2007, 01:47 AM
yes I only plan on grinding A ranks on a 3* day and when I have a no chance of failure. If I grind anything past that I already assume it is gone this makes the loss less important...say it was an A rank I forgot about then I would grind till it breaks or till I thought I could get some good money out of it.

Mayu
May 26, 2007, 02:00 AM
You really should never grind on a zero luck <.<

Always wait for luck <.< At least 1 star

Today I grinded 6 Cubo Mambas to +5 and 2 Cubo Mambas to +6
and a other crap <.< with 1 star

Freshellent
May 26, 2007, 02:35 AM
I would think it being 44% would be enough for you.

At least I refuse to grind weapons over 30% for fear of losing them.

Still,that really sucks to hear. I hope you have better luck next time.

Jakosifer
May 26, 2007, 03:33 AM
=/

Big ouch...Don't think I'll be grinding my A's until I have max luck.

Howard_Moon
May 26, 2007, 04:31 AM
Sorry to hear about the 44's .. Thats gotta hurt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I grinded all my A's to + 2 yesterday with no luck...
Only thing that did break were some 20% Ice Ran-Misaki when i tried to get + 3 on them ...
But i did have 0 luck hehe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Howard_Moon on 2007-05-26 02:31 ]</font>

pixelsofdeath
May 26, 2007, 05:00 AM
takes a +7 on 2luck to get a 'guaranteed' grind from 0-1. pretty much all downhill from there. dont remember how many phantoms i started out with, but ended up with two +5s, which i consider to be the poor man's blackbull.

Neith
May 26, 2007, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't dream of grinding a 44% weapon higher than 3-4. To be honest, the success rate for +10 is so low, I don't tend to even try. Everything I have tried broke going from 9->10.

zelda_king3
May 26, 2007, 06:18 AM
I grinded my NightWalker 44% of Dark to 5 but i used a charecter named GRINDING PURPOSE to grind them with very good luck so i had 2* luck

Vay
May 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
I broke a fuckton of guns yesterday with 0 luck, and I don't regret it at all.

Rashiid
May 26, 2007, 09:47 AM
double sabers???

well that was dumb

PALRAPPYS
May 26, 2007, 10:21 AM
I'm done with grinding.

Until AoI.

natewifi
May 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
Just wait for Aoi.

Eleina
May 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
Cgs!!! Breaking stuff is fun o.0 (now buy my 10% muktrands <<!!)

Alamar
May 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
yep waiting on AOI. Can't afford to replace any broke weapons. Besides it is not that far off anyways. I'm getting along fine ungrinded so i'll wait.

Mystil
May 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-05-26 00:00, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
You really should never grind on a zero luck <.<

Always wait for luck <.< At least 1 star

Today I grinded 6 Cubo Mambas to +5 and 2 Cubo Mambas to +6
and a other crap <.< with 1 star

I concur.

1* or don't bother. 3* is also death trap, and 2* might be waiting for you to get over confident.

ThEoRy
May 26, 2007, 05:12 PM
Yay!! now my 9* weapons are selling again! was a slow week leading up 2 firebreak. My condolences go out to those who've lost. May the Holy light guide you..

Korokodo13
May 26, 2007, 07:20 PM
Lol.... I grinded all my A ranks today with no luck and with A+3 and lower up to 3 and none broke... I must be really lucky or really stupid for grinding them... you guys need to take your chances at grinding your weps and stop complaining that the success rate is to low...

Finae
May 26, 2007, 08:14 PM
If you are a melee user, I don't agree with going ahead and grinding if they are high % ones. I would go nuts if I broke one and would probably quit the game if a lot broke lol. So its a good idea to wait until expansion for that.

On the other hand, for force users or rangers, its a different story. I will happily grind those weapons like no other and if they break, I wouldn't even cry about it.

I got around 2 howrods at +7, 2 at +6, 2 at +5, then 2 of those majimras at +6 2x a row with 0 failures. I had about 3 howrods break on me. Its certainly a rush though when grinding them as my heart is beating incredibly fast and its like a life or death situation or gambling. Sometimes its hard to stop lol, but I have my limits and a brain. I wouldn't continue grinding a weapon with 0-1 luck at +6. I'm waiting until 3 luck day instead of wasting $ and those howrods. So in the meantime, mass producing those and trying for +10 grinders which I have yet to get.

And so far, I've had good luck with grinding which is kinda weird. Back then when I did B weapons, I used break those melee weapons like no other after the second grind. Must have 3 luck day now, but Sega being a-hats. Its a frikken addiction to grind, can do it all day. Sometimes it more fun to do that than play the actual game lmao.

Take your chances if you're a ranger/force, but I wouldn't take the chance if its a melee weapon with 44-50% on it. That just tells me to delete my 2 lvl 80 melee chars. Nuff said.

CeasOne
May 26, 2007, 08:39 PM
yea my buddy just lost a 7* double saber to the grinding gods on the 1st grind =/ Im going to be waiting untill i have replacements for all my 7-9* canes/cards and 3* luck before i even try to grind my 1st A rank.