PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP 5/31: Famitsu Cup - Gurhal Crossreview

Lyrise
May 26, 2007, 01:41 PM
I know I'm REALLY late with this one, since the details came out yesterday, but I wasn't feeling up to it (read: I didn't feel like doing it at the time), but you know, one can only fend off "threats in the IRC channel for so long.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=330

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/famitsucup2007/mission.html

But before I go with Maximum Attack, I'll briefly cover the new lobbies. Basically, the new lobby themes coming on the 31st are for Parum only: it's one made to celebrate the Anniversary of when Humans and Casts made a pact to stop the infighting between each other and coexist. There is mention of how a commemorative medallion is pressed every year - you can bet this will be a room item.

Anyway, back to the real meat of this update.

The overall synopsis of the mission formats for maximum attack are more or less a recreation of Famitsu's crossreview system. You can have only 4 members to a party max, just like the Famitsu game reviews, and instead of games being graded on a scale of 1-10, the players are being graded on a scale of 1-10.

There are 2 things to note about these missions:

1. Sometimes Partner characters will show up in the middle of the mission. They'll give you hints on how you can improve your score, as well as assist you in combat. Additionally, if one shows up, the rare enemy appearance rates go up too...

2. Bonus levels. By scoring high in your missions, you can access a "Bonus Stage" area (In other words, get an S). So what makes these levels special? First of all, there's a fairly high chance you'll see some rare enemies. Secondly, all enemies that show up, will start with 25% of their normal HP, which makes this more or less a slaughterhouse. Next up, for those of you that haven't hit the level cap, the experience rates are increased 2.5x. Last of all, the drop rates go up 500%, meaning should you be able to score high in a mission on A, you might find yourself with some nifty rare items, or a ton of meseta. If you don't get an S grade in the mission you will end up in the club instead. After the Bonus challenge, you will end up in the club.

From the club, you can access an area known as "Famitsu Editorial Liason department", to meet up with the foolish editor named Kato. It is in this office that you can trade in stuff for unique items, a la Maximum attack with the banphotons. Further more, if you complete All 4 missions in the same rank, you can come here to pick up your free copy of "Bookra Famitsu" (the wand in the likeness of Famitsu magazine).

Onto the missions. This event lasts 5 weeks, and every week, there will be a new mission to partake in. Each mission lasts for 1 week, and will close afterwards, until the very last week, where all missions are unlocked.

First week: Mission theme - Intuition.
Mission: Invisible Lakeside.
Setting: Parum
Synopsis: This trial is all about intuition. You will always have to make a choice; the choice you make, will it be a roundabout road, or a shortcut? De Ragnus waits for you at the end...
Date active: 5/31 - 6/7, 6/28 - 7/5

Second Week: Mission Theme - Friendship
Mission: Destined United Front
Setting: Moatoob.
Synopsis: This trial will test friendship. Many times there will be difficult traps that set you apart from the rest of your team, in which they depend on you to rescue them. With perfect cooperation, you can get over these obstacles without putting your bonds of friendship in jeopardy. Magas Magana awaits at the end.
Date Active: 6/7 - 6/14, 6/28 - 7/5

Third Week: Mission Theme - Endurance
Mission: Sharp and Magnificent
Setting: Neudaiz
Synopsis: Endurance is tried in this stage, a struggle to repel the wave of a powerful monster through the use of a strong mind and a powerful technique. On the way, you can enjoy surging through the waters on the Floader. Onma Goug is waiting at the end.
Date active: 6/14 -6/21, 6/28 - 7/5

Fourth Week: Mission Theme - Heavenly Luck
Mission: Uneasy Factors
Setting: G-Colony + HIVE
Synopsis: Your Heavenly luck is being tested here. Magnificently grasp as a strong luck, and acquire a high score. (Seriously, it says that, and the next line coming up is the reason why...) In the storm of Megid, the number of enemies are few, but will that change the length of the mission? A showdown with DF awaits at the end.

Now, according to recent issues of Famitsu, the prizes you can trade in for are:

Inverter Circuit
Scapedoll
Bikini Swimwear (do not confuse this with Regular swimwear)
Divine Maiden's ship (room item)
Rappy decoration (yes, the same one you make)
Rappy Statue (another room good)
Rappy mode (ex-unit)
Rabol Rappy (yes, the armor, also getting the nerfstick in AoI)

On top of that, there's stuff you can only get with CRP (Cross Review points) and other conditions. Get these by finishing your missions. You get as many CRP as you are rated with, but the ratio is unknown. Keep in mind, these are NOT going to be easy to amass if the ratio is 1:1 (1 point for each rating point). Ratio is unknown at the time of this posting.

Synthesis Success Rate UP (I'm not lying, but its a limited time effect)
Song For Death (The guitar Case grenade launcher, You can only get this item with an extremely high personal ranking)
Twin Lightbulb (This thing costs 1000CRP; ratio better not be 1:1)
Bookra Famitsu (Finish all missions to get this)
Real life prizes (trade CRP for this stuff)]
Rappy suit (conditions unknown)

That's all I can say about this event for now. Going to be a great summer kickoff for PSU!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-05-26 11:54 ]</font>

Zarbolord
May 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
Sounds interesting but by past experience, ppl have told me this won't happen for us and eu, is this correct? As in, the RL prizes, they could just not do that and only use the game event bits. It seems odd to me, I'm rly curious if we'll get it.

Lyrise
May 26, 2007, 01:56 PM
Chances are decent, but I highly doubt that whatever sposor they get, if they even have one anymore, will spring for real life prizes. I mean, you guys did get Netcash Ultimate Attack right now, just without the Netcash prize drawing bits or the netcafe stuff.

pikachief
May 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
i still think we are gettting this since hackers have hacked out an EGM wand!

so im guessing that we are gonna get this, but sponsered by EGM

omegapirate2k
May 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-05-26 12:08, pikachief wrote:
i still think we are gettting this since hackers have hacked out an EGM wand!

so im guessing that we are gonna get this, but sponsered by EGM

Kickass, I love EGM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And...

On 2007-05-26 11:41, Lyrise wrote:
On the way, you can enjoy surging through the waters on the Floader.

Vehicles online, kickass!

-Shimarisu-
May 26, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-05-26 11:56, Lyrise wrote:
Chances are decent, but I highly doubt that whatever sposor they get, if they even have one anymore, will spring for real life prizes. I mean, you guys did get Netcash Ultimate Attack right now, just without the Netcash prize drawing bits or the netcafe stuff.

Which, I must point out, none of "you guys" could participate in either.

Ether
May 26, 2007, 02:35 PM
...Secondly, all enemies that show up, will start with 25% of their normal HP, which makes this more or less a slaughterhouse. Next up, for those of you that haven't hit the level cap, the experience rates are increased 2.5x. Last of all, the drop rates go up 500%

Oh my god

I guess I'll be in no rush to hit 90 when they raise the cap again knowing that this is eventually coming

pikachief
May 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-05-26 12:35, Ether wrote:

...Secondly, all enemies that show up, will start with 25% of their normal HP, which makes this more or less a slaughterhouse. Next up, for those of you that haven't hit the level cap, the experience rates are increased 2.5x. Last of all, the drop rates go up 500%

Oh my god

I guess I'll be in no rush to hit 90 when they raise the cap again knowing that this is eventually coming

pfft im still gonna try to beat my old record of leveling up after the cap goes up (70-72 and almost 73)

im gonna get to 90 within the first week! the 2.5x experience will be for my other 3 alts that im too lazy to level up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dhylec
May 26, 2007, 03:08 PM
Hm, interesting. I feel that all these events & missions for PSU made the game a whole lot more enjoyable.

Niered
May 26, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-05-26 13:08, Dhylec wrote:
Hm, interesting. I feel that all these events & missions for PSU made the game a whole lot more enjoyable.

True enough. The main reason I see myself sticking around for the next year is:

1. AoI.
2. The kickass events. Im loving firebreak so far, and I cant wait for this either.

Lyrise
May 26, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-05-26 12:31, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2007-05-26 11:56, Lyrise wrote:

Which, I must point out, none of "you guys" could participate in either.

I could, the address used is a friend's. The prizes just go to her and get redirected to me.

That said, many Japanese couldn't participate in it too. The reason why I and many others couldn't is because we either prepaid all the months in advance, or autosubscribe with credit card. The draw was only good for those who pay with Netcash during the event.

Alamar
May 26, 2007, 04:34 PM
I posted a pic of the Song for Death Earlier here's the link to see it
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=143145&forum=20&17

AxelgearVII
May 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
Next up, for those of you that haven't hit the level cap, the experience rates are increased 2.5x. Last of all, the drop rates go up 500%, meaning should you be able to score high in a mission on A, you might find yourself with some nifty rare items, or a ton of meseta.

^__________^

Dark_Heal_v2
May 26, 2007, 08:24 PM
Famitsu reporting on the Famitsu Cup

http://gallery.gaforum.org/d/41796-1/image00001833.jpg

http://gallery.gaforum.org/d/41799-1/image00001834.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dark_Heal_v2 on 2007-05-26 18:25 ]</font>

Niered
May 26, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-05-26 18:24, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dark_Heal_v2 on 2007-05-26 18:25 ]</font>

This just goes to show you that biggest thing about a game selling well or not is the ratings it recieves. Here, in the US and EU, PSU gets "meh" reviews, and thusly gets a "meh" population. In Japan, PSU gets "HOLY SHYT" reviews, and gets a "HOLY SHYT" population, as well as having the clout to get an entire event held around a very popular gaming mag.

Gryffin
May 26, 2007, 10:31 PM
Bikini Swimwear?!

If we do not receive some form of this event, or a way of acquiring these items... I will FREAK OUT.

I need a speedo, need.

Arika
May 26, 2007, 10:53 PM
Bikini Swimwear?!
even the regular swimwear, I still wear it only on Oasis <,<

RegulusHikari
May 26, 2007, 11:15 PM
ppl have told me this won't happen for us and eu, is this correct?

A month or two ago people swore that we wouldn't get Firebreak, and a lot of people believed them. Sega came through and released it for us anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get this.

I feel that all these events & missions for PSU made the game a whole lot more enjoyable.

Agreed. Firebreak has actually taken a priority over my Ragnus hunt, which I would have never imagined. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It is REALLY enjoyable and can't wait to see the Famitsu Cup or possibly an Icebreak event hit US servers.

Stezan
May 27, 2007, 12:46 AM
My goal in PSU:
Rabol Rappy
Rappy Mode
Rappy glowsticks
Rappy suit

heh.
Seriously though, this event sounds awsome. I am thuroughly enjoying Firebreak right now. A guitar sword (Crazy Tune) would be nice to go along side that Launcher for my PT.

AxelgearVII
May 30, 2007, 04:07 PM
Tomorrow's the day. Im looking forward to a PSU event since I missed Ultimate Attack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On 2007-05-26 18:24, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:

You know, I had no idea you played JPPSU. Im gonna have to start lurking in your room now,

Lyrise
May 30, 2007, 05:19 PM
You could, but IIRC, Dark Heal is on World 2, probably the only one left there XD

Dark_Heal_v2
May 30, 2007, 11:28 PM

I just played the Fami quest just now, and the monsters and map seemed to be randomized. There so in order to get an S rank, it will require a bit of luck. At least that what it seems as of right now.

Played once in B rank, got S ranking with the reward of 28K, and another time on A rank with B ranking, also with 28K reward.

Death doesn't seem to affect the rating in anyway.

I like the music in the disco btw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dark_Heal_v2 on 2007-05-31 05:15 ]</font>

csmicbcklsh
May 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
I honestly think they could bring this event to the US and EU game. I mean, it's bad enough I may not be able to get my Real Handguns or the Hand Spear. But if I can't get that Grenade Launcher, Sega will be getting a very nasty e-mail from me. I mean, come on! That thing is just made of awesome, and it's calling my name.

Lyrise
May 31, 2007, 01:37 PM
The first mission just came in, boy is it random as hell. The NPC that (might) team up with you is random, the chip locations are random, the only thing that stays the same are the enemies and the maps (maybe not the maps, some gates open and close changing the map too....), forget the CRP system, you're trading in Rappy feathers for goods now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-05-31 12:39 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
May 31, 2007, 02:39 PM
Finally! Random maps/story item locations!
I don't understand why the normal stages aren't like this as well.

haruna
May 31, 2007, 02:54 PM
Ooh, I'd love to have that Rappy Fossil skeleton in my room. I'm sure the US and EU will get this event...eventually. We did get FireBreak.

Golto
May 31, 2007, 04:12 PM
Does that Gitarcase grenade launcher only go to the party that gets the fastest time for the current mission on A you guys have? Or did I misread the site? I saw something about time attack, the grenade launcher and trophies.

Inazuma
May 31, 2007, 06:44 PM
wow we use rappy feathers to trade for the prizes? i guess that means rappies are common in the event missions. cant wait to check this out when i get home later

Ceresa
May 31, 2007, 08:27 PM
Rappy Mode kinda dull looking hm, the feathers or whatever just kinda fade in and out, I was hoping they would fly around you.

http://pages.prodigy.net/bienb/rappymode.JPG

http://pages.prodigy.net/bienb/rappymodedescription.JPG

"Unleashes the Rappy flock when gauge is full"

30 rappy feather price, so guess you should save up.

Lyrise
May 31, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-05-31 14:12, Golto wrote:
Does that Gitarcase grenade launcher only go to the party that gets the fastest time for the current mission on A you guys have? Or did I misread the site? I saw something about time attack, the grenade launcher and trophies.

No, you didn't read wrong, that weapon is limited edition. 100 for the top 100 ranked players on each world, and 48 more for the top 3 teams PER MISSION in Time Attack on A.

Additionally, this mission boasts some of the sickest payouts ever. On C Rank, S Grade is a cool 150ish MP and 15.1k On B, it's about 280/28k. Halarods and skill saves have been dropping like crazy as well; to the point where I fully EXPECT by the end of this event, rares will be dirt cheap.

Also, at the time of this post, 2 of the goals have been met and the 3rd very soon. REward #2: Not just 1, but *2* weeks of level 3 luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-05-31 18:50 ]</font>

Golto
May 31, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-05-31 18:48, Lyrise wrote:

No, you didn't read wrong, that weapon is limited edition. 100 for the top 100 ranked players on each world, and 48 more for the top 3 teams PER MISSION in Time Attack on A.

Additionally, this mission boasts some of the sickest payouts ever. On C Rank, S Grade is a cool 150ish MP and 15.1k On B, it's about 280/28k. Halarods and skill saves have been dropping like crazy as well; to the point where I fully EXPECT by the end of this event, rares will be dirt cheap.

Awesome info thanks. Gives more reason to renew my 6 month subscription next week. Lets hope in other missions they change the monsters in the bonus missions so more srank boards will be more obtainable.

Dark_Heal_v2
Jun 1, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-05-31 18:55, Golto wrote:

On 2007-05-31 18:48, Lyrise wrote:

Awesome info thanks. Gives more reason to renew my 6 month subscription next week. Lets hope in other missions they change the monsters in the bonus missions so more srank boards will be more obtainable.

If you see your face up there by the end of the event, you'll earn yourself a nice tennis ball shooter.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/famitsucup2007/personal_01.html

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2007, 12:26 AM
That personal rating thing is pretty sweet. I can't wait for the release of this in the NA/EU server.

Niered
Jun 1, 2007, 12:29 AM
Ohgod that is sexeh. I dont care if I never see one, the fact that only the top tier players will have those makes me anticipate this event so much.

This, plus firebreak and AoI has just re-sold me on this game. And i was never unsold on it in the first place.

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2007, 12:32 AM
Must......make....top....100. My alt needs a new Grenade launcher.