PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of coming back...

Flamingo99
May 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
As my topic title says, i'm considering coming back to play this game. I have a few questions to ask before I do so.

1. Are the servers somewhat full? In other words, would it be easy for a new character to find a party?

2. Has Sega done anything about the meseta problem (Dupeing, inflation, etc)?

3. Is this Expansion ("Illumies" I believe its called) that I hear about a separate retail game, or is it a free add-on?

One of my main issues that I had with this game was that it felt more like an MMO than a PS. By MMO I mean that it takes for ever to get better equipment or level up your PM. It was ridiculous to me. PSO was much more fast pace, which was good for a casual player like me. It was also more of a grind fest, which I wasn't too fond of.

Getintothegame
May 26, 2007, 10:20 PM
Which console are you thinking of coming back to?

EDIT: You haven't seen a grind fest until you go to a High School dance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-05-26 20:20 ]</font>

Flamingo99
May 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
lol.

I'll be on PC

VanHalen
May 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
1. Some have left but you can find some new people or alts to start a party.

2.Inflation: no, things are going down slowly
Duping: Been fixed

3. Seperate retail game

Being a casual player myself, I find this game to be ok I mean every RPG is a grindfest anyway.

VanHalen
May 26, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-05-26 20:20, Getintothegame wrote:

EDIT: You haven't seen a grind fest until you go to a High School dance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-05-26 20:20 ]</font>

I missed the last dance at my school yesterday. Saying that made me sad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Those are fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Flamingo99
May 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
Yes, RPGs by definition are a grind fest in some way or another. Its the way that Sega incorporated the grinding in this game that makes it feel over repetative and less appealing. When I played, the only rares that dropped were materials. There is no insentive to play when your rare is a box of text with 9 stars on the bottom. I mean finding a freaking DB saber in PSO was more exciting than this....

VanHalen
May 26, 2007, 10:29 PM
Well there are alot more S-rank weapons now then before. I hated finding DB sabers I found 5 in one room