PDA

View Full Version : gaining points in firebreak...

DurakkenX
May 26, 2007, 10:21 PM
Neudaiz(Heat Wave Island):
Depends on: Killing enemies
Required for S: 10
Firebreak points: 100 (10/enemy)

Neudaiz(Flower of Flames)
Depends on: killing enemies and purification of cores
Required for S: 40 enemies / 5 SEED cores
Firebreak points: 100 (40 for enemies / 60 for purification)

Moatoob(Scorched Valley)
Required for S: 131+ |max of 181
Firebreak points: 309 |max of 450

Parum(Sea of Fire)
Depends on: Time to completion
Required for S: <2:30
Firebreak points: A rank = 260

Parum(Burning Garden)
Depends on: Time to completion
Required for S: <9:00
Firebreak points: 300

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-05-27 08:42 ]</font>

Golto
May 27, 2007, 12:21 AM
Update Moatoob(Scorched Valley)
Required for S: 131+ |max of 181
Firebrea points: 309 |max of 450

Ether
May 27, 2007, 12:25 AM
Hmm, so difficulty rank has nothing to do with it at all? How did you find out the exact point values anyways? Looks like we really do need more people spamming C rank Moatoob

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 12:46 AM
i paid attention to the introduction explanation >.>

and no it doesn't...none at all.

F-Gattaca
May 27, 2007, 01:12 AM
Man, I wish I saw this thread earlier. This clears up a lot of things. Thanks a ton!

I'm going to break out the spam cans and rack up points for Moatoob.

pikachief
May 27, 2007, 01:18 AM
WOW REALLY!? Im telling all my friends to just all solo the nuedaiz missions on C!

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-05-26 23:18, pikachief wrote:
WOW REALLY!? Im telling all my friends to just all solo the nuedaiz missions on C!

why?
each person gains points for each mission. so if a group of 6 do a mission you get 100 points for the mission firebreak gets 600 points. Also A-Rank gives more xp and MP and if you have a good part you can do it in roughly 2 minutes (was in a party earlier that did it in 1:50 and we weren't all capped lvl)...which if you play a hour straight like that gives you 42000xp and 960MP

so if you were to just go on a tirade and do neudaiz firebreak for 24 hours straight with no breaks you'd earn...
432,000 firebreak points
1,008,000 exp
and
28,800MP

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 01:40 AM
On 2007-05-26 23:12, F-Gattaca wrote:
Man, I wish I saw this thread earlier. This clears up a lot of things. Thanks a ton!

I'm going to break out the spam cans and rack up points for Moatoob.

i didn't see any reason to post as it's kinda obvious info but time proved me wrong lol... i should mention that death has no bearing on points in these missions, but it does slow you down in the times ones so i don't think you want to..

PrinceBrightstar
May 27, 2007, 03:53 AM
It is very easy to do A rank Neudaiz in 2-3 minutes with the right party. see my example video http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/firebreak1.avi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-05-27 01:53 ]</font>

StanleyPain
May 27, 2007, 04:11 AM
How do you play Flower of Flames solo??? The few times I did it every map had an impassable point that required 3 people to pass.

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 05:28 AM
there is, that's why you can only get B rank solo to get A and S rank you need to have 3 people at the minimum to push the buttons.

A2K
May 27, 2007, 05:35 AM
With a party of three and total completion, Flower of Flames will net 100 purification points: 40 points for taking out the SEED cores and 60 for eliminating the contaminated creatures.

Alternatively, for Scorched Valley, you can also apparently earn points for having time remaining. I imagine the only way to do this is to actually skip enemies whenever possible, although there are very few opportunities to do so. (It seems the only times this is possible are with info key drops.) I don't know of anyone who's actually accomplished that successfully, though--

Nobo
May 27, 2007, 08:37 AM
How does SEGA judge how many purification points are recieved per mission?

Sekani
May 27, 2007, 08:52 AM
Your score at the results screen is the number of points that go towards the total. For example this:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4245/psu20070527060718004wz2.jpg

would give 441 points. Whether or not the points scored are multiplied by the number of players in the party (441 points for each player or 441 as a group) I don't know.

panzer_unit
May 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
Nobody I knew was on this morning so I spammed Sea of Fire C with my PM. I can finish with rank A in about 3 mins, the mission summary says I get 260 points or so for time remaining... is that the firebreak point value? 'cause it's pretty rewarding if it is.

Golto
May 27, 2007, 09:09 AM
Somewhere it says each player's points in the party is added so that is why doing the C rank of the Moatoob mission with the max number of 4 is needed to speed up its purification.

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 09:23 AM
yes...that's the firebreak point value

GutsGO
May 27, 2007, 09:38 AM
When you do Heat Wave Island.....at the mission summary how come it doesn't list the Purification points? Weird since after you complete Flower of Flames it says the amount of purification points as a separate thing, is this true for all the missions?

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 10:07 AM
the top part of the mission summary just tells you what goes into the calculation of points... the reason you don't see it on all of them is because different things count towards points. For example in the first Neudaiz mission you are only given points for killing the 10 MOBs and the seeds are worthless except for getting the next section to open up... it's near impossible to get anything but S on that mission, the only way being to purposely miss enemies.

In flower of flames in fact the only mission that you get points for purify a SEED core, and only in conjunction with defeating a bunch of mobs.

In Sea of fire, while time does somewhat matter it does not effect your score if you lose. I've not heard one case of "completing" though I haven't been looking either. It only matters that you kill a lot of enemies. I can only get to B-Rank soloing it ^.^ and that's with 90 some kills

In the Parum missions it does not matter whether you purify the SEEDs nor defeat the enemies...it only matters how quick you get "trial complete." In other words...skip as much as possible.

F-Gattaca
May 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
On 2007-05-26 23:40, DurakkenX wrote:
i didn't see any reason to post as it's kinda obvious info but time proved me wrong lol... i should mention that death has no bearing on points in these missions, but it does slow you down in the times ones so i don't think you want to..

What's really ironic about all of it--you said that this is all explained in the strategic briefing with the President? Because I didn't remember any of it. I even screenshotted the whole thing (force of habit, I archive NPC conversations when possible).

I just checked the screenshots again and now I see where he explains it. I feel really absentminded right now.

However, there's still one thing that's troubling me.

Purification Points are awarded only when a mission is cleared, as the President explains. However, does that mean you have to go onwards to the lobby or can the mission be abandoned after you complete it?

I'm wondering about this because earlier this morning me, Scline, and a third guy had been doing a lot of Parum runs, but Parum's score seemed to move very little--at most, 1,200 points. I know we can't be the only ones who were running Parum.

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
points are tallies only every few minutes or so >.> and it says your action s have been recorded after the mission when the trial is over not when you leave so it's recorded when the trial is done

Siertes
May 27, 2007, 11:15 AM
I'm constantly doing Sea of Fire C which nets 300 points for S rank, and S-ing that mission is really easy.

I still wasn't sure if those points at the end were the purification points the game was talking about, but I guess I can put my mind at ease.

StanleyPain
May 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-05-27 03:28, DurakkenX wrote:
there is, that's why you can only get B rank solo to get A and S rank you need to have 3 people at the minimum to push the buttons.

How do you finish, though? I mean, how can you actually GET a solo B-Rank when you can't pass that one point? I'm confused how you complete the mission.

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
you complete the mission... you don't need that seed core to complete the mission

A2K
May 27, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-05-27 08:45, F-Gattaca wrote:
However, there's still one thing that's troubling me.

Purification Points are awarded only when a mission is cleared, as the President explains. However, does that mean you have to go onwards to the lobby or can the mission be abandoned after you complete it?

I'm wondering about this because earlier this morning me, Scline, and a third guy had been doing a lot of Parum runs, but Parum's score seemed to move very little--at most, 1,200 points. I know we can't be the only ones who were running Parum.

I'm fairly certain the points are recorded when the trial ends (the screen prompt indicates this at the end), and not when the actual mission does, so abandoning the mission past the point of completion should have no effect.

If abandoning did in fact make your points disappear, I honestly don't think even Neudaiz would be up to where it is now, with lots of people grinding just Heat Wave Island.

panzer_unit
May 27, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-05-27 09:15, Siertes wrote:
I'm constantly doing Sea of Fire C which nets 300 points for S rank, and S-ing that mission is really easy.

I still wasn't sure if those points at the end were the purification points the game was talking about, but I guess I can put my mind at ease.

Yeah I think the Parum missions are where it's at for racking up Firebreak points. The whole point is to do them fast, and they count for as much as the longer Moatoob mission.

Azel-34
May 27, 2007, 08:13 PM
Before you flame me with 'read the info on the site' and such posts, please read my question:

How are the points calculated for the total we achieved? I know that they count X360 US/JP, PC US and PS2 US but that's now what I meant. I mean, when you complete a firebreak mission, is it the displayed 'points' in your score that get added? Or is it the mission points? If it is the 'score' points, then for example Parum's first firebreak mission is 300 points on both C and B, for an S result. I don't get why people don't just spam C then? If it is the mission points, then we need to do A? But then parum is doomed? Please someone enlighten me if you know solid facts as to how the 'event points' get calculated per mission.

PS: do the points count as soon as you get the mission results or do you need to 'exit' the proper way? As in, can you cancel the mission to do fast runs or the points will not count then?

Dhylec
May 27, 2007, 08:48 PM
Something like this..?
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=143249&forum=20&25

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 10:27 PM
and people wonder why i get so pissy to these people >.> Can I start pre-emptively counterbitch at them from now on?

THERAPIST
May 27, 2007, 10:51 PM
On 2007-05-27 03:35, A2K wrote:
With a party of three and total completion, Flower of Flames will net 100 purification points: 40 points for taking out the SEED cores and 60 for eliminating the contaminated creatures.

Alternatively, for Scorched Valley, you can also apparently earn points for having time remaining. I imagine the only way to do this is to actually skip enemies whenever possible, although there are very few opportunities to do so. (It seems the only times this is possible are with info key drops.) I don't know of anyone who's actually accomplished that successfully, though--

450pts appears to be the max for Scorched Valley.
Stole the pic from another thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=143299&forum=20&start=0&20#14):

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/psu20070528_090133_003.jpg

ljkkjlcm9
May 27, 2007, 10:57 PM
On 2007-05-27 20:51, THERAPIST wrote:

On 2007-05-27 03:35, A2K wrote:

450pts appears to be the max for Scorched Valley.
Stole the pic from another thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=143299&forum=20&start=0&20#14):

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/psu20070528_090133_003.jpg

hey... that's my pic! lol

THE JACKEL

Azel-34
May 28, 2007, 04:51 AM
Ok first of all sorry for making a new thread, I just couldn't find this one - someone should make this a sticky until the operation firebreak event is over, a lot of people would like to know all this.

And now that I've read this, here's my 'objections'.

I asked how the points are calculated, because I assumed the 'points' in the end are what you get for the firebreak score. However, I was in a party doing Parum's first quest over and over on C and on B, and we got S ranking every single time. That would be 300 points. Each run took, naturaly, less than 2:30 minutes. Therefore, we did like 5? runs, maybe more, before the counter would update. Assuming it was 300 points a run, we should make the parum score boost by 1500 points a run, and that would be if we were the ONLY ones in Parum. However, I saw no boost in the score, or boosts of like 400-500 points. So I somehow think that a) our score didn't count for some reason OR b) the score (points) are calculated differently OR c) you have to exit the 'proper' way, NOT to cancel the mission.

However, I COULD try and investigate case C). And we did. For another 10 or so runs, we'd exit the proper way, into the Raffon field base, go back to holtes city, and start the mission again. Even then, same results: the Parum score didn't follow my predictions at all. I checked after doing about 10 runs, and about half an hour later refreshed the page, and no way did it get boosted by 3000 points. So I think you don't get 300 points per run, much less get it multiplied by the party members (we'd get 1800 a run then). Something is out of place. UNLESS, what gets calculated is the MISSION POINTS (what levels up the jobs) and NOT the score points (what determines your rank/how you did in the quest). It may sound absurd, but most people spam Neudaiz on A, and if the individual score counts like suggested, 78 MP times 6 players would be indeed similar to what we thought is true: the 'score points' value of the quest. I can't find any other plausible explanation, UNLESS:

I keep reading whose score counts in the event. This is totally dumb but I have to say it anyway: It specificaly says "US PC version, US PS2 version" - no mention of the EU players. I ASSUME we count as the same audience since we are on the same servers, but maybe our points REALLY don't count? That'd be mega-lame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azel-34 on 2007-05-28 02:56 ]</font>

RFB
May 28, 2007, 05:29 AM
I do believe our posts count.

"Participation in -X- recorded".

Do all 5 missions and Bruce will have the record of your participation and give you PAs.

In other words, regardless of what the site says, the game does keep track of our missions, so I'd say that they DO count.

If you want to fully check it, might be a good idea to do some Parum runs, keep track of your scores and check the website, since the place is pretty much forgotten, and your points would likely be the only ones added.

Azel-34
May 28, 2007, 05:31 AM
That's how I checked it in the first place, by keeping track of the scores and checking the official website... In addition, something else is puzzling me as well. -Participation in "wherever mission" recorded- only appeared for me the very first time I did that mission. As in, I saw that message a total of 5 times, I've never seen it since. Even after going to Bruce and getting my PA frags. Wtf?

Ether
May 28, 2007, 05:42 AM
Something really seems wrong with Parum, Sea of Fire is worth 300 points for S, while Heat Wave Island is only 100. Both are the same length and have people spamming them, so I dont see why Parum is this far behind, even if Neudaiz does have a lot more people

Moatoob at least makes sense being behind, since the mission is much longer and you can only have 4 people

Azel-34
May 28, 2007, 06:59 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying, it -can't- be that the 'score points' are the ACTUAL FIREBREAK POINTS. It seems to me that the MP (Mission Points that go towards your job/type leveling!) are the ones that get calculated for the Firebreak total! If it wasn't so, then even my farming ban photons on Parum should have given thousands of points but it most definitely hasn't. In my opinion you do NOT get 300 points for the Parum quests, you get (MP gained x number of players in party), and that would explain why Neudaiz is in the lead, people spam those quests in PARTIES and on A difficulty! Almost nobody spams Parum on A because both quests are ridiculously difficult unless you have 6 people lvl 70+ who know the quest by heart!

Siertes
May 28, 2007, 07:02 AM
I think Azel is right. Maybe those points at the results screen aren't what's counted. Between 4:15 and 4:30 I soloed Sea of Flames C 4 times. When I started, Parums count was 280,327. As of 4:40, the Parum count went up to only 280,925. That's an increase of only about 600. Seeing how each run is worth 300 points and I can't be the only one doing Parum, that's not much.

So unless theres a big lag between when we do runs and when they're added to the count, the points are something else.

*Note* As of the 4:50 update, it is still not where it should be if each of my runs was actually worth 300 points...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Siertes on 2007-05-28 05:04 ]</font>

Azel-34
May 28, 2007, 07:07 AM
Exactly my point Siertes. I've been checking those counts alone and with parties, and the numbers just don't add up, even if we were the only party doing the parum missions (which i sincerely doubt - i even saw you doing the missions once when I was also soloing/farming ban photons there). It cannot be the points we see in the result screen. Those are score points towards getting an S. All missions have them! Do any mission in the game, and see what I mean - most 'free missions' need 1000 points score for S. At any rate, it would make much more sense if the points that go into the Firebreak total are the Mission Points and NOT the 'score' points as I call em. Example, Sea of Flames is not 300 points on C, it's 9 points if you get an S. That's what I believe to be true.

And if that's the case, then the optimal way for points is to do the missions on A, with a party of 6, and get S. On Parum? No way. Not before the new missions are added.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azel-34 on 2007-05-28 05:20 ]</font>

A2K
May 28, 2007, 08:43 AM
On 2007-05-28 05:07, Azel-34 wrote:
Exactly my point Siertes. I've been checking those counts alone and with parties, and the numbers just don't add up, even if we were the only party doing the parum missions (which i sincerely doubt - i even saw you doing the missions once when I was also soloing/farming ban photons there). It cannot be the points we see in the result screen. Those are score points towards getting an S. All missions have them! Do any mission in the game, and see what I mean - most 'free missions' need 1000 points score for S. At any rate, it would make much more sense if the points that go into the Firebreak total are the Mission Points and NOT the 'score' points as I call em. Example, Sea of Flames is not 300 points on C, it's 9 points if you get an S. That's what I believe to be true.

Hmm, there might be some merit to this, but, if that were the case, then why do the missions bother having different point totals at all in the results and not just use the standard 1000 point system virtually every other trial in the game uses?

DurakkenX
May 28, 2007, 10:56 AM
#1 there is a huge lag time
#2 there could be a calculation we don't know about that modifies the actual score
#3 It could be the mp, but i doubt it. If it were the MP there would be no reason to go from the 1000pt system to the various other systems.

Azel-34
May 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
huge lag time just doesnt cut it as an explanation, seeing as that could only be the case if i was the only person on every server/game version doing parum in those 2 hours that i tested it. Sounds very much impossible seeing as i could see at least 1 other party doing the same quest as my team on the ps2/pc server and who knows how many more on the x360 server.

The caclulation/modification of the points sounds plausible, but I can't just guess that

and yes there would be a reason, seeing as dying does not reduce the ranking in these quests. 1000 points is there for point reduce by deaths. It could be as simple as that. And the MP solution would explain a lot. Oh well, even if it is MP, parum will be saved when the other 2 missions get added.

DurakkenX
May 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
no...if that is what they were there for only they could just give you a score of 1-10... the 1000 is just for you thinking your doing something bigger than that v.v

SaiSpagS
May 30, 2007, 06:56 AM
I would assume that the point value is multiplied by everyone in the party because:
Not everyone in the party will always get the same points (Someone joins later, there time modifier means they will get less)
In a regular party the mission points acquired aren't divided amongst players that get that value each so it should work the same as that.
That's how it worked on MA. (PSOBB) =D

WonTooFweeFoe
May 30, 2007, 08:38 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying, it -can't- be that the 'score points' are the ACTUAL FIREBREAK POINTS. It seems to me that the MP (Mission Points that go towards your job/type leveling!) are the ones that get calculated for the Firebreak total! If it wasn't so, then even my farming ban photons on Parum should have given thousands of points but it most definitely hasn't. In my opinion you do NOT get 300 points for the Parum quests, you get (MP gained x number of players in party), and that would explain why Neudaiz is in the lead, people spam those quests in PARTIES and on A difficulty! Almost nobody spams Parum on A because both quests are ridiculously difficult unless you have 6 people lvl 70+ who know the quest by heart!

Not really, the group that i run with is mid 50's and a lvl 70 techer. Best we got was a 7:58, the one with the 3 gol dovas at the end. I can't imagine how fast we could do it if we were 80's. Took us about 5 runs to get it down and its fairly easy.

Azel-34
May 30, 2007, 06:14 PM
That's still missing the point - which is, "how many points is each mission worth". And it damn well isn't worth 300 points. There's a lot more people doing parum than people think, and that should up the score of parum by at least 10.000 a day -per person- if it were worth 300 points a run. If i go and solo the first parum mission 10 times, there's no way I just gave the firebreak total another 3000 points. I've done that, waited over 3 hours and still the points of parum did not get +3000. And that would be assuming I was the only one doing parum in the whole community, of PS2, PC, and X360. That's just bull. The missions are -not- worth the 'points' displayed in the result screen, no matter what anyone says. An I just said, my -guess- (and that's all it is, a guess) is that the mission points count instead. Infact, if it's counted seperately for everyone in the party, that would explain why neudaiz is ahead, because everyone spams it for easy mission points, even lower level players. 78 MP times 6 is 468 points for firebreak. Thats what I think is going on. But it's not as if i'm trying to convince anyone. I'm convinced myself, that's all that matters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol