PDA

View Full Version : NEW goggles?

Chuck_Norris
May 27, 2007, 02:34 AM
i did that briefing mission with the president, and he said something about you picking up items with them, can anyone tell me how you really DO that?

StanleyPain
May 27, 2007, 04:14 AM
He was probably referring to how you can scan certain trees in Parum missions to show their weakness, then cut them down which can sometimes get you an extra material or two.

Chuck_Norris
May 27, 2007, 04:18 AM
well if thats it then its nothing new at all......

Dj_SkyEpic
May 27, 2007, 04:23 AM
"Pick up items" really meant something similar to "picking up a signal."

So basically what he said was that the "new" function to the goggles were to be able to scan for invisible seed pods
to the naked eyes. Something you should already know.

A2K
May 27, 2007, 05:23 AM
It may also have been referring to the new method of getting them out (first person view, then a shoulder button).

Allison_W
May 27, 2007, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty sure the big red NEW! was simply a reference to the implementation of the quickened, palette-free goggles. Now it'd be nice if they didn't take up a space in our inventories.

Dragwind
May 27, 2007, 11:28 AM
Are you serious? He told you what it was right off the bat. To scan the SEEDS.

Golto
May 27, 2007, 11:40 AM
A2K is correct, its talking about the method of using goggles while in first-person mode. For the JPN this was added during the Fire Break so it was new to them but we got this function around the same time they did so its not new to us. Just showing yet again how lazy the translation is that they could have omitted the *new* part since its pretty old to us.

Chuck_Norris
May 27, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-05-27 03:23, A2K wrote:
It may also have been referring to the new method of getting them out (first person view, then a shoulder button).

but thats not new at all....we had that months ago, oh well, i know what he was talking about now, a mod can lock this.

StanleyPain
May 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
Actually, I didn't know this. It's only "old news" to people playing for a long time. I'm sure there's a lot of people who might not know it.