PDA

View Full Version : 100 Armor PM fails 6 times for 8* armor.

FeralKitty
May 27, 2007, 06:30 AM
I've got a pure Armor PM on one of my lowbie characters, and have been trying to make some Hiragi-senba for my Fortetecher. Obviously the PM doesn't want me to wear it because it's 0 for 6 now. (At a 41% chance of success, you'd think that 1 out of 3 tries would work on average.)

Is my armor PM just very unlucky, or do others see streaks of failures like this?

By now, I'm high enough that I could wear the Kotoha-senba, if I can find a 9* board. I'm thinking I should give up on the Hiragi-senba since I'm out of boards/tries at present.

Eleina
May 27, 2007, 06:33 AM
mines failed 20 yamatas out of 21.....it's my personal record!!!

Mystil
May 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
That's how armor PM's are. It seems that synthing weapons are a bit better with success rate overall..

Eleina
May 27, 2007, 07:11 AM
Armor pm's are evil just plain evil <<

Nobo
May 27, 2007, 07:48 AM
I've failed 6 9* weapons in a row and that has a 49% chance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

shotsfired
May 27, 2007, 08:46 AM
yeah,keep trying. I am 0 for 2 on cati and Ganna, but she made 2 hiragi, all 3 michi- senba, 2 ga-senba and 1 of 2 weld lines. it's all hit or miss. expensive propositions, but worth it if you can make them.

Niered
May 27, 2007, 10:06 AM
The synth system in this game is so broken in some aspects. I mean, whats the point of hunting down some amazingly rare board only to find out your pure PM has a less than 50% chance of gettin it to work?

amtalx
May 27, 2007, 10:24 AM
I've had my share of failures. Often its better just to shell out the cash for the actual item instead of setting yourself up for heartbreak with a synth. When you fail that many times in succession, its actually more cost effective to just buy it...

ZeroVer01
May 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
This reminds me of when i gave up synthing armor in general.

Back when Sori-Senba was just released, I tried 13 times on a 100 armor pm, and it failed everytime...

A couple days after that, I tried on a all 0's pm, and it was a success with 28% ice.

After seeing that happen, I just kind of gave up on synthing armors.

It is like someone said, pure armor pm's are evil.

BlakLanner
May 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
I also have insanely bad luck, and am very annoyed at the synth system. Almost annoyed enough to quit the game. I went 1 for 12 making Buccaneers, and the only success was 12% Ice. ST really needs to do something about these kinds of issues, even FFXI was not this inconsistent with its crafting results.

Follisimo
May 27, 2007, 12:23 PM
Face it having 100 PM just isn't all that great. You'd think the difference between 0 and 100 would be more but it's not. There is just too many factors for synthing which sucks. Even if you succeed then you could still get 10% element and that is just as bad as failing.

Haze111
May 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
I have a 100 ranged PM, so I have a 49% chance at making Phantom Rifles. I've successfully made 2 in 10 attempts. If it's going to be 20% I wish my PM would say so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haze111 on 2007-05-27 11:46 ]</font>

Treillerti
May 27, 2007, 02:00 PM
Striking PM's aren't all that great either. . I don't see how people pull off mass-synthing a whole bunch of things. Went 0/6 on Ran-Misaki's with a 100PM. 55% success rate, ended up just buying low percentage one's because it was cheaper.

Daremo
May 27, 2007, 02:03 PM
Would you say the percentage of succsess is off with all synthing types, or is armour particularly bad?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daremo on 2007-05-27 12:05 ]</font>

SarinSerafi
May 27, 2007, 02:34 PM
To me, armor just seems particularly bad. I too have had bad luck making them with my pure 100 Armor PM. Thinking Battle stat made a difference, I got it to 40, and tried again.. still no dice. The highest armor I've ever made were a 38% Gigaline (just for shits) and two 38% dark Yamatas. Everything else was 22% or below, or of course a total fail.

Synthing armor is a lost cause for some, but others seem to have some luck with it. Takes a LOT of money and time, but it can be done with persistence. A friend of mine, Primera, synthed all her own armor to 44-50%, and it took her a LONG time to get her final, a 50% ice Yamata. Sometimes you get lucky, most times you don't. Though the rates doesn't seem as bad as weapon making.. maybe it's because it's a fraction of the cost to make them as opposed to armor. That way, people can mass synth a lot more of them.

_DooM_
May 27, 2007, 11:01 PM
Synthing its the most stupid thing in this game.
I cant belive how i can fail things whit 73% succes rate and can synth thigs whit 35% of succes.

ljkkjlcm9
May 27, 2007, 11:17 PM
how about a 75% uransara, and an 85% deva zashi, and both failing. The chance of both failing is less than 4%, but it happened.

THE JACKEL

Treillerti
May 28, 2007, 12:31 AM
I failed 2 De Ragan figures T_T I'm depressed.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 28, 2007, 12:45 AM
My armor pm refuses to give me fire yamata.

Raven5_1
May 28, 2007, 12:59 AM
seriously is synthin worth it? so far as a noob i havent been able to get my head around the synth/pm system and just play with low lvl weps and armour. maybe later i'll try to synth but is it really as bad as you all claim?

Niloklives
May 28, 2007, 01:50 AM
Synthing armor is a pain - especially since you have to sink so much money into a single synth. I get excited if I get anything over 20% and it usually takes me 4-6 mil to pull that off while others boast they synthed (another) 38 44 or 50...I rarely bother with armor synthing.

On the other had I'v ebeen hearing rumors about it being affected by luck and room decorations...maybe try findingout what your lucky friends' rooms look like and give it a try? heh I'm a bit too jaded to invest that kind of time into it...but you never know