PDA

View Full Version : CAST Opinion plz

jayster
May 27, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'm new to CASTS, used my first SUV yesterday and don't know much along the lines of what armors, weapons and stuff to get it so I thought I'd ask.

Here is my main concern at the moment. I'm trying to decide on how to equip my palette and right now I'm looking at this:

1. Phantom rifle
2. Phantom rifle
3. Gur Nepa? (9*)
4. Deathmaker
5. Shigga Bines
6. Here it'll either be a thunder cannon (Deganha if I ever find one), cubo mamba / shiratsuno-zashi, or a machine gun / dagger.

But what I'm having trouble with is deciding if I should carry a cross bow since it's very simular to the shotgun, shotgun is my favorite weapon so no way i'm discarding that but I dont want to carry a crossbow as well if it's pointless. I know you can strife( strafe?) with the cross bow but I can do the same thing with duel handguns.

Also what armor would I be best getting, my CAST is level 20 and I dont want to buy a phantom line and ganna line, so should I just buy a ganna line and wait until I can wear it, using B rank armors until I can or buy a phantom line, get the phantom rifle bonus and just always use that until one day, I decide to finally upgrade it to ganna.

Korokodo13
May 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'd say either cross bow or thunder cannon... also the gur napam is 8*, the Gur missal is the 9* grenade

amtalx
May 27, 2007, 01:41 PM
I would go with the Thunder Cannon but only if you plan on getting Mayalee Prism. If you want to be a master of crowd control you'll need it. Your hunters will thank you.

DaRkWoLf30
May 27, 2007, 01:58 PM
I would say go with the crossbow, it will become more useful as it can his SEs very nice and do a lot of damage

Kion
May 27, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-05-27 11:20, jayster wrote:

But what I'm having trouble with is deciding if I should carry a cross bow since it's very simular to the shotgun, shotgun is my favorite weapon so no way i'm discarding that but I dont want to carry a crossbow as well if it's pointless. I know you can strife( strafe?) with the cross bow but I can do the same thing with duel handguns.

Also what armor would I be best getting, my CAST is level 20 and I dont want to buy a phantom line and ganna line, so should I just buy a ganna line and wait until I can wear it, using B rank armors until I can or buy a phantom line, get the phantom rifle bonus and just always use that until one day, I decide to finally upgrade it to ganna.

If you're unwilling to give up shot guns then i recomend the cross bow. Dual hands guns are for mid range strafing. they get high elemental percents at levels 21+, but they only SE lv2; pretty similar to shotgun. Cross bows have great wide ranginging SE's and you can equip and elemental weapon in the the other hand which covers the role of dualies.

As for armor, anything with extra slot as CASTs are pointless with out an SUV. GRM is your new best friend when it comes to armor as Yomei and Tenora usually skip on the extra slot.
You can buy a 26% fire gigaline from the npc. it has arm, body and extra slot for your mega/power, mega /rainbow, and SUV respectively which should be fine for fire break until you get mosre seriuos equipment later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-05-27 17:57 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 27, 2007, 10:18 PM
Erm, what class? >.>

jayster
May 28, 2007, 12:42 AM
On 2007-05-27 20:18, Zorafim wrote:
Erm, what class? >.>

Im a level 20 CAST fortegunner 1. And I decided to get the cross bow. Now the only problem is finding a 9* cross bow for a decent price. The only one in player shops is 400k and that's ridiculous.

Pengfishh
May 28, 2007, 03:45 AM
On 2007-05-27 11:41, amtalx wrote:
I would go with the Thunder Cannon but only if you plan on getting Mayalee Prism. If you want to be a master of crowd control you'll need it. Your hunters will thank you.

Will not. I'm rocking the damnslow axe, I don't want shit flying around.

Hrith
May 28, 2007, 03:55 AM
On 2007-05-27 22:42, jayster wrote:
The only one in player shops is 400k and that's ridiculous.400k is not bad at all for a Cugo Mamba. You apparently have no idea how much it costs to make them =/

Also, you could remove one of the Phantoms from your palette, but keep it in your inventory; when one runs out, change to the other -- it's fast when you're used to it (just don't change in the heat of battle), and allows you to have a more varied palette.

jayster
May 28, 2007, 08:31 AM
On 2007-05-28 01:55, Hrith wrote:

On 2007-05-27 22:42, jayster wrote:
The only one in player shops is 400k and that's ridiculous.400k is not bad at all for a Cugo Mamba. You apparently have no idea how much it costs to make them =/

Also, you could remove one of the Phantoms from your palette, but keep it in your inventory; when one runs out, change to the other -- it's fast when you're used to it (just don't change in the heat of battle), and allows you to have a more varied palette.

I do know how much it costs to make them. For about 30k more I can buy the board, all the materials and have a chance to get 3 of them. True they all might fail, but there's a chance they could all succeed also. No 9* gun or force thing is worth more then 350k at max.

Zarbolord
May 28, 2007, 08:33 AM
Use all the weapon types you can, each one can cover a different situation.

Kion
May 28, 2007, 09:02 AM
On 2007-05-28 01:55, Hrith wrote:
[quote]On 2007-05-27 22:42, jayster wrote:

I recomend keeping two phantoms in your pallet. Rifles are a fortegunner's primary weapon and two allows you to to switch quickly between elements and effects. My personal favorite is the virus/freeze combo which wouldn't be very convinient to go through your inventory to change.

Kion
May 28, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-05-28 01:45, Pengfishh wrote:

there was a guy using mayalee prism in my party doing scorched valley and we kicked him from the party. mayalee prism does insignificant damage, has a tiny affect area and hunters have their combos interupted to go chase after mobs. it's a waste of PA fragments, don't use/get it.

gambit04
May 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-05-28 09:24, Kion wrote:

there was a guy using mayalee prism in my party doing scorched valley and we kicked him from the party. mayalee prism does insignificant damage, has a tiny affect area and hunters have their combos interupted to go chase after mobs. it's a waste of PA fragments, don't use/get it.

It isn't a waste but it is very situational it can't be used everytime just like the grenade launcher...if you spam it to lvl it up you are going to make the whole group work harder to get the same reward.

Same can be said about the Tornado Dance.

Cz
May 28, 2007, 11:42 AM
crossbow can shot 3 bullets at once with level 3 SE...desu.
Bunny says use crossbow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif End of story.
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9383/kanon24mai1yv8lp7.gif

Nobo
May 28, 2007, 07:42 PM
The 9* is called the Gur Missal and I say a crossbow since with 3 shots it can be very good.

amtalx
May 28, 2007, 08:02 PM

You can wait the 3 secs it take for a couple rangers to get med mobs into a corner...unless you like Barta served to the face. Have it your way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pengfishh
May 30, 2007, 09:43 PM
Corner? What corners? Most of the areas are in wide open spaces, and it's annoying to be interrupted because it fucks up PA experience, so chasing down a monster that I was just attacking may only waste 3 seconds, but it causes frustration and annoyance. Mayalee Prism is just as annoying as Tornado Dance as it has the same effect. You wanna knock over Kamatoze with it, please do, but we don't need anyone blasting Badira around all over the place.