PDA

View Full Version : I played PSU.

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2007, 03:25 PM
Can anyone explain, without starting a flaming war, why I got bored at the very beginning and didn't like it?
It seems too...smooth. I don't know how to put it, really. Idiot, absent minded, all-of-a-sudden awesome fighter Ethan Waber...Yeah very original Sonic Team. >.>

VanHalen
May 27, 2007, 03:27 PM
You might wanna try online mode. It's way more fun.

Kaydin
May 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
Story mode sucks. Try online mode, or extra mode even.

RedX
May 27, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah Offline is just for story

VanHalen
May 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
Oh come now Kaydin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif , story mode isn't that bad.

PALRAPPYS
May 27, 2007, 03:34 PM
You played Story?

IT'S NO WONDER YOU GOT BORED OUT OF YOUR MIND! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Seriously, story mode is why the game got such bad reviews... it literally, SUCKED. Well, ok, maybe some people didn't think it was that bad. But really, online mode is great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif There's a ton of people, many many more missions, a large variety of equipment, and, as of now, Operation Firebreak! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Plus at least online gets updated.

Alamar
May 27, 2007, 03:40 PM
Agrees, Story mode is nothing compared to on-line. Get on- line you won't be bored. Lots to do online. Plus add the fact that you meet real people and make some decent freinds too.

Eliash
May 27, 2007, 03:42 PM
Can anyone explain, without starting a flaming war, why I got bored at the very beginning and didn't like it?

No one can explain why you don't like anything, only you can. Other people may have opinions but in the end you need to ask yourself what you didn't like.

It seems too...smooth. I don't know how to put it, really. Idiot, absent minded, all-of-a-sudden awesome fighter Ethan Waber...Yeah very original Sonic Team. >.>

You are playing offline mode, PSU and even PSO was mostly boring offline. I would suggest trying online mode for a month and see whether or not you like it. Offline mode is totally different from online.

- 100x easier and faster to level.
- Enemies have very little hp and fall quickly without danger.
- Super classes that are extremely strong in all aspects.
- Horrible AI NPCs.

- Community to group with and unique missions that require both good equipment and teamwork.
- Enemies have tons of hp and require some teamwork that isn't present in offline mode.
- Each class is specialized in a field and rely on others to perform to the best standards.
- Horrible AI NPCs.

ShadowDragon28
May 27, 2007, 03:45 PM
While I do like Storymode. It does have some flaws and some drawbacks. It's not totally "unenjoyable" , But it is super-easy (online enemies are much tougher) and the sync on the dubbing tends to get bad by chpt. 8 or 9 onwards.

Online Events & All the Content Online > offline storymode.

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 03:45 PM
Ethan is not absent minded as it is scripted... the people around him think he is for no reason for the most part.

Only Karren actually has a reason to think he's an idiot cuz of the chapter 2 events.

According to various sources... in a contest of sabers he got second place. He is of a group that was trained under the guidance of the elite Guardian principal which has knowledge of 100+ ears of training people... he is genetically predisposed to being an elite Guardian and his field training his handled by one of the highest classroom ranked people, and later a well known guardian...and he is teamed with the champion of that saber championship.

He may not be the most bright but he doesn't have to be...he's a farm boy pretty much. Are you saying the farm boys can't save the world?

PALRAPPYS
May 27, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-05-27 13:45, DurakkenX wrote:

He may not be the most bright but he doesn't have to be...he's a farm boy pretty much. Are you saying the farm boys can't save the world?

Yes.

ShadowDragon28
May 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
See original Star Wars trilogy (episode 4, 5, 6), please.

PALRAPPYS
May 27, 2007, 03:55 PM
On 2007-05-27 13:54, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
See original Star Wars trilogy (episode 4, 5, 6), please.

Apparently jokes do not go well on a certain forum... >.<

VanHalen
May 27, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-05-27 13:42, Eliash wrote:

- Community to group with and unique missions that require both good equipment and teamwork.
- Enemies have tons of hp and require some teamwork that isn't present in offline mode.
- Each class is specialized in a field and rely on others to perform to the best standards.
- Horrible AI NPCs.

The NPC AI is alot better than the offline one. The NPCs don't run around in a circle like offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Parn
May 27, 2007, 04:56 PM
Ethan Waber is Goku reborn. True story!

StanleyPain
May 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
What I've never understood about PSU is why the NPCs are so sucky. Even in PSO the NPCs you had to fight with on some missions would do things like use items for healing. But in PSU, no one uses items...just techs. It's annoying.

Raven5_1
May 27, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-05-27 14:56, Parn wrote:
Ethan Waber is Goku reborn. True story!

for putting that image in my mind i hate you with the passion of a billion burning suns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Candor
May 27, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-05-27 14:51, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-05-27 13:42, Eliash wrote:

- Horrible AI NPCs.

The NPC AI is alot better than the offline one. The NPCs don't run around in a circle like offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I got Leo to run around for well over 5 minutes as my friend pretended to be chased by him, I nearly died from laughing.

Kaydin
May 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-05-27 13:32, VanHalen wrote:
Oh come now Kaydin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif , story mode isn't that bad.Your right. It's worse. >.<

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2007, 09:37 PM
Unfortunatley, I didn't have online play where i was at. I want to try online, but don't wanna dish out $10 a month for it.

I paid for it once, don't wanna keep paying. >.>
Thought about getting XBox360 for it, but decided against it.
PC, psh, yeah right.Dial-up is definatley the sukkorz. CAn barley run PSOBB on it.

Don't have a PS2, have no intention of getting one.
I still wanna try online play though.

danny_o
May 27, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-05-27 13:49, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-05-27 13:45, DurakkenX wrote:

Yes.

Uh oh, DurakkenX, you might need some Reverser for that SE4 BURN! OH DAG!

pikachief
May 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-05-27 19:37, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Unfortunatley, I didn't have online play where i was at. I want to try online, but don't wanna dish out $10 a month for it.

I paid for it once, don't wanna keep paying. >.>
Thought about getting XBox360 for it, but decided against it.
PC, psh, yeah right.Dial-up is definatley the sukkorz. CAn barley run PSOBB on it.

Don't have a PS2, have no intention of getting one.
I still wanna try online play though.

tehre is an online demo for 360 ya know.....

Garnet_Moon
May 27, 2007, 10:11 PM
The online mode tries to glorify Ethans story mode, but it fails so hard. The end of story mode makes him out to be a hero. What the hell did he do? Kill the new Team Rocket? Sure. Save the universe? Hardly. All he saved was that guy nobody likes and the girl everyone wants to sleep with.

In online mode, he is a wanted man for charges for an attempt on the Presidents life. The President HIMSELF believes the charge is false, so who the hell is keeping the warrant for his arrest active? The one person he allegedly tried to kill doesn't think Ethan did it, so why is he an outlaw? And why hasn't Karen had sex with my avatar yet? I totally deserve it for saving her from that Zoal Goug.

I just speed past the text in online mode. It's just garbage for me. I get right to the combat and seeing Laia's sexy and furrylicious cut-in chat emotes. <3

EDIT: Soiler tags added.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-05-27 20:13 ]</font>