PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for an expansion after AoI

StarHedgehog
May 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
Hi. We have seen a lot of new features in the upcoming AoI expansion pack. But can we think beyond AoI? What if Sega plans another expansion in 2008-09?

Lobby and Room: Increase the technologies of “My Room” by making it a slight bigger, and add more realistic furniture that can interact with the owner and guests. Such as a billiards table where you and a friend can play pool. Arcade cabinets where you can play classic SEGA arcade games.
(This has been done before in PSO for the game Gamecube, but a GBA was required)
Have picture frames, a jukebox, and a TV so you can share your own media on your system hard drive. These do sound like ideas right from the PS3's Home game; since technology has gone a long way, wouldn't be thrilling to have these features in Phantasy Star?

Also they should bring back C.A.R.D. Revolution system into the PSU lobby, just to have in it a small arena. There are hundreds of ways to improve and speed it up. My idea is instead having cards with pre-set characters; the Partner Machinery will be the ones using the cards and dice on the board. The PMs would level up their skills in this game.

Many are hoping for the Twin Machine Gun's return. And the ability to run and strike in first person view rather than using just guns.

If you have ideas please post them here. Thanks for your time.

Sychosis
May 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm going to wait until I know what's in AotI before I worry about what I want to see in version 3.

lostinseganet
May 27, 2007, 08:44 PM
They need more than 6 players. A jump ability, and a manual dodge ability.

natewifi
May 27, 2007, 08:50 PM
Oh GAWD no. CARD rev. is just... Its so bad that its not even in the list of bad games.

Allison_W
May 27, 2007, 08:53 PM
I want an episode in which Lumia Waber is the lead.

And in which we get badass leather outfits and scythes.

Kimil
May 27, 2007, 08:55 PM
A better Soundtrack, theEP 1&2, and EP 3 CARD Soundtracks were good... more of that please

Ether
May 27, 2007, 08:58 PM
More than three enemy types per map

natewifi
May 27, 2007, 09:40 PM
PSO 1&2 cd's that you buy from Bruce (fake ass Gallon). Like a box thingy (at like old restaurants n stuff that play old records) room decoration, and a key item music disc player (to make it realistic and not just play the sound disc, and be able to use it in the city without fucking it up for everyone else (not likely but w/e)). It probably will never happen though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-27 19:56 ]</font>

Mio
May 27, 2007, 09:46 PM
Phantasy Star Games as ingame playable VGs

VanHalen
May 27, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-05-27 18:50, natewifi wrote:
Oh GAWD no. CARD rev. is just... Its so bad that its not even in the list of bad games.

That game was the shit and you know it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-27 20:29 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 27, 2007, 10:32 PM
I would like the game to be completed so that i can enjoy it and not this fraction that we paid so much for and don't even have a complete game yet of v.v

Garnet_Moon
May 27, 2007, 10:33 PM
I want Karen's Partner Card so I can invite her and Laia back to my room...

RegulusHikari
May 27, 2007, 10:38 PM

Agreed. PSO did this pretty well with 3 levels of the basic enemy (excluding the Mines), and 2 or 3 different types of enemies, such as the Hildebear, G-Assassin, and Garanz. I'd also like to see more S rank monster variety.

The music is subpar in my opinion. The Milate, Dulk Fakis, SEED, Dimma, and Guardian's (the song that's playing when the president is explaining Firebreak) themes are the only ones that really stick out in my mind.

Basically the current PSU seems to be... well, a V1.0. That's what it was INTENDED to be, too many people expect the great things to come from it right away. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of AoI and ignoring the "too much PSO" remarks, because I'm sure Sega has plenty more new things to offer than some revamped Boomas and Varistas.

As for a second expansion, I could see it happening, but it would be far too down the road to worry about. As Sychosis said, let's await the changes of AoI and then discuss what further changes need to be made.

natewifi
May 27, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-05-27 20:29, VanHalen wrote:

That game was the shit and you know it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-27 20:29 ]</font>
No, it was not.

VanHalen
May 27, 2007, 10:54 PM
Well it might not have the best gameplay to you, but it had a great soundtrack.

Kaydin
May 27, 2007, 10:54 PM
On 2007-05-27 18:21, StarHedgehog wrote:Lobby and Room: Increase the technologies of “My Room” by making it a slight bigger, and add more realistic furniture that can interact with the owner and guests. Such as a billiards table where you and a friend can play pool. Arcade cabinets where you can play classic SEGA arcade games.
(This has been done before in PSO for the game Gamecube, but a GBA was required)
Have picture frames, a jukebox, and a TV so you can share your own media on your system hard drive. These do sound like ideas right from the PS3's Home game; since technology has gone a long way, wouldn't be thrilling to have these features in Phantasy Star?I love this idea. Seriously.

*pokes SEGA*

RegulusHikari
May 27, 2007, 11:11 PM
^I've been hearing that a lot about Episode 3. Any place I can sample the soundtrack? ^_^;

tailz
May 27, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-05-27 18:58, Ether wrote:

lol howbout more than 5 enemy types per GAME... lets face it, sega went a little cheap on the enemies... 5 or 6 creatures with different costumes to match their surroundings stopped bein popular in '95 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif hell, even the bosses lol de ragan/onma... by the time the game ends 10 years from now, we'll have 30 of each... mayb theyll just keep adding a head n tail to de ragans lol ya u think de ragnus sucks, wait til hes got 20 heads spittin out every spell in the list at a time while it swings 20 tails at ya.... on second thought, sega: take this idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
May 28, 2007, 12:33 AM
On 2007-05-27 18:41, Sychosis wrote:
I'm going to wait until I know what's in AotI before I worry about what I want to see in version 3.

-Shimarisu-
May 28, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-05-27 20:46, natewifi wrote:

On 2007-05-27 20:29, VanHalen wrote:

No, it was not.

Yes it was, now shut the fuck up trolling.

Ryoten
May 28, 2007, 01:24 AM
To be able to hold more than one type of element sabers.
To have pets within your room.
A workable TV that plays different things on it.
Customize your own weps, clothes, ect.
Combo link different PAs.

I'll think of more later.

StarHedgehog
May 30, 2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah those are good ideas. I do think they need a NCP shop that sells all Crea Boards in a certain area of the game. Like the Kambara shop for example.

Chiba-kun
May 30, 2007, 09:30 AM
Customizable characters/equipment(similar to the layer system used in recent WWE games).

Would be kool to be able to come up with your own clothing setups like ethan had in story mode, with the logo's on it. Also making the clothing interactive, like how ethans jacket had a hood on it, you should have been able to put it over his head.

So with shirts with zippers you could choose to have them zipped or unzipped, hats you could control how they are positioned on your head, turning them any direction you want.

Also accessory type items should be added as oppose to having hats and shades being done through changing you hair. That way you could wear a hat and shades, aswell as other things such as capes (i know, dorky but im sure plenty of people would use em lol.).

For something like that i think gloves would need to be removed from being controlled by the shirt/jacket clothing option and made into an accessory aswell so that you could get different gloves/other hand accessories and use those.

Ontop of all that i think weapon customization would be nice, through some form of sythesis you could be able to change the blade shape, built in color (and if you ended up with an element on it the colors would combine. So if you had the blade set to blue, than put fire element on it, the blade would come out a shade of purple.), handle shape, hilt shape and wielding style (regular or backhand style of holding it.).

Oh and if they added in any new weapons i always kinda through it would be kool to have triple wielding (a blade in both hands and one between the teeth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). Its something i havent seen any games have so far (thought one anime i can think of had it aswell as any game tie-ins created for the anime.)

StarHedgehog
May 30, 2007, 10:32 AM
Here's a quick thought. In character creation, CASTs should be able to have a human face and have a helmet head. Like Megaman for example. I am picky about how I create a character's head, and I am glad they are making it possible to change your face in the makeover shop in AoI. I think they should mix Cast faces with helmets in AoI. That would be sweet.

Kylie
May 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-05-27 18:41, Sychosis wrote:

I concur. I mean, we don't even know if there will be another expansion yet. =P But for the sake of discussion, I'll say that I'd like it to be kind of like the OP said... just more luxury features to make the living aspect of the game more fun. I'd also like to see new cities and areas on the planets.

gundam0079
May 30, 2007, 11:30 AM
i wish they could be bald.

DONTOSE
May 30, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-05-30 09:30, gundam0079 wrote:
i wish they could be bald.

YOU MEAN LIKE BRUCE