PDA

View Full Version : I've thought about grinding Hale's Degahna Cannon

Tahldon
May 28, 2007, 09:53 AM
I've thought about grinding Hale's Degahna Cannon.. I have a few +10 A Grinders and I have a beast male char on the side..

"The Angel" Says no and to keep it as is, but the "Devil" says do it.

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-28 10:02 ]</font>

Sychosis
May 28, 2007, 09:55 AM
Do it. I want to laugh at you.

F-Gattaca
May 28, 2007, 09:57 AM
I'm sure the angel wouldn't mind a few grinds. I think you could at least get it to 5.

I mean, aren't the "Very High" chances around 90%?

RedX
May 28, 2007, 09:58 AM
Do it! you know you want to.

Rashiid
May 28, 2007, 09:59 AM
My minds tellin me no....

BUT MAH BODY!!
MAHH BODYYYYYYYYYIEZZZZZZZ TELLIN ME YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

.....sory....R. Kelly...lol.....

Sekani
May 28, 2007, 10:03 AM
The trend this week seems to be to take your most valuable weapon (assuming you don't have an S-rank) and grind it until it breaks. Idiots.

Then again, the people who are doing this apparently either have more than enough free time to recover from their losses or a shitload of haxeta. Considering how much you've been online lately, I'd say you have neither one.

Rashiid
May 28, 2007, 10:08 AM
Sekani; that was uncalled for.

we cant even have haxeta. and who cares if its his 'valuable' weapon, if he wants it to do more damage; let him be.

Sychosis
May 28, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-05-28 08:08, Rashiid wrote:
Sekani; that was uncalled for.

we cant even have haxeta. and who cares if its his 'valuable' weapon, if he wants it to do more damage; let him be.

I think he is more or less looking for some rational advice from someone who doesn't have the same temptation as he does.

In all seriousness, get your one guaranteed grind then wait until you have a second before you try any more.

RegulusHikari
May 28, 2007, 10:12 AM
If you want to risk your most valuable weapon for a just few extra points of damage and maybe an extra shot, go ahead. :/

Tahldon
May 28, 2007, 10:16 AM
Heh, Sekani, you seem to forget that I can resist temptation, huh?

I was merely stating that I've thought about it a couple of times is all.

F-Gattaca
May 28, 2007, 10:18 AM
On 2007-05-28 08:12, Sychosis wrote:

I think he is more or less looking for some rational advice from someone who doesn't have the same temptation as he does.

In all seriousness, get your one guaranteed grind then wait until you have a second before you try any more.

That's why I suggested he go to +5, actually ... I personally have not lost a weapon on Very High grinds, but ...

I guess he really should be on the safe side and only grind what is guaranteed.

Oh, something else I didn't think about ... Tahldon, when you say "Hale's Deghanna Cannon," do you mean:

1) Hale is one of your own characters and it's one s/he synthed?
2) The weapon was synthed by someone else named Hale?
3) The weapon is on loan from that person?

Because if it's #3, then I agree with Sychosis entirely in that you should only grind to +1 and then wait for permission from the real owner to go further.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-05-28 08:19 ]</font>

Sychosis
May 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
It's number 1. Still, he spent a lot of time busting his balls getting that cannon. I don't want to have to deal with emo Hale cutting himself with shards of cannon...

Sekani
May 28, 2007, 10:25 AM
</emo>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-05-28 08:30 ]</font>

physic
May 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
you can get a guaranteed +1 at level 3 luck with like a cheesy grinder, id at least do that, also pretty good chance teh cannon grinds well, i dunno if i could resist at least a 3 or so up to you though

F-Gattaca
May 28, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-05-28 08:20, Sychosis wrote:
It's number 1. Still, he spent a lot of time busting his balls getting that cannon. I don't want to have to deal with emo Hale cutting himself with shards of cannon...

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'd be pissed too if I had it and lost it ...

By the way, forget I suggested ever going to +5. I'm currently eating my previous words that I never broke a Very High grind, because ...

I just broke my first Very High grind on an A-Rank. "The weapon may recieve some damage" indeed.

So ... yeah. Grind to +1, and wait till AoI to do it further.

Jife_Jifremok
May 28, 2007, 11:42 AM
I've lost several B-ranked weapons with "Very High" chances, so I'd only go for guaranteed success grinds on something like a Degahna Cannon.

imfanboy
May 28, 2007, 11:50 AM
On the JP Wiki, someone ground a Deghana Cannon to 9; at least, it shows the stats for all the way up to 9 grind.

It ends up with like 1980 PP!

But either the person chickened out or broke his Deghana Cannon going from 9 to 10, because there's no data for 10 grind.

So, no, I would NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT. Wait for AoI for irreplacable weapons.

Chiba-kun
May 28, 2007, 11:59 AM
You might aswell go for it cause if you dont you will just end up spending too much time wondering what would happen if you did.

Lyrise
May 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
You know how that saying goes... "Fear is a state of mind."

If your gameplay practically revolves around that cannon, or you really like having it around, don't go past 3 grinds.

Of course if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you can go as far as you want. Case in point:

http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/Maxed.jpg

omegapirate2k
May 28, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-05-28 07:55, Sychosis wrote:
Do it. I want to laugh at you.

pokefiend
May 28, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-05-28 08:18, F-Gattaca wrote:
Oh, something else I didn't think about ... Tahldon, when you say "Hale's Deghanna Cannon," do you mean:

1) Hale is one of your own characters and it's one s/he synthed?
2) The weapon was synthed by someone else named Hale?
3) The weapon is on loan from that person?

I believe he stole it from our lovely and virtually beautiful news-anchor Hale. <3

Starlet
May 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
it's upto you. Personaly with my grinding experience today, I would just grind it to +1 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I have Deghanna too, but I don't want to risk beyond that. Just wait for AOI, if you want it to +10.

Tahldon
May 28, 2007, 01:02 PM
O.o my title got Modjacked!

Lol I didnt' steal anything from a news reporter, Pokefiend, you're talking about HAL not HALE.

Eh.. Patience is a virtue they say. For the sake of feeding the grind lust I was having, I took a Hanmateri over and busted it on the second grind.

I think I'll just wait for the Expansion and whathaveyou. Besides... I like to leave "well enough, alone".

That 50% +10 Axe though is a good incentive, but how often does -that- happen lol. I'm not on luck's good side anyways. I wouldn't dare.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2007-05-28 11:03 ]</font>

Kimil
May 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
Wait until Aoi (only do Garunteed Grinds)

Nobo
May 28, 2007, 01:28 PM
Dude it's KUBARA! GRIND it to ten NOW!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Africa
May 28, 2007, 01:37 PM
you should grind it but only 2 times the broken weapons thread has pain in it, but the lady usually lets you get away with 2 grinds. it is kubara take a little risk.

-Shimarisu-
May 28, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-05-28 09:50, imfanboy wrote:
On the JP Wiki, someone ground a Deghana Cannon to 9; at least, it shows the stats for all the way up to 9 grind.

It ends up with like 1980 PP!

But either the person chickened out or broke his Deghana Cannon going from 9 to 10, because there's no data for 10 grind.

So, no, I would NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT. Wait for AoI for irreplacable weapons.

He probably ground it in the AoI beta.

-Shimarisu-
May 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-05-28 10:34, Lyrise wrote:

If your gameplay practically revolves around that cannon, or you really like having it around, don't go past 3 grinds.

Of course if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you can go as far as you want. Case in point:

Sorry, I look at that and it says nothing but "idiocy" to me.

amtalx
May 28, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-05-28 15:07, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2007-05-28 10:34, Lyrise wrote:

Sorry, I look at that and it says nothing but "idiocy" to me.

Idiocy +10

-Shimarisu-
May 28, 2007, 08:25 PM
I'd actually feel ashamed to have that in my possession.

amtalx
May 28, 2007, 10:04 PM
Risk vs. reward I guess. Although for something like that, the risk far outweighs the reward. Congrats anyway though to whoever did that.

Turambar
May 28, 2007, 10:16 PM
Its a game. Do what want if its for fun. I personally would, but thats because my motivation is the rush you get when you grind it as the "Will it work?" runs through your head. As much as I emphasize ascetics in my game play, grinding is part of what makes the game fun for me.

Garnet_Moon
May 28, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-05-28 20:04, amtalx wrote:
Risk vs. e-peen bonus I guess. Although for something like that, the risk far outweighs the e-peen bonus. Congrats anyway though to whoever did that.

Fixed.

danny_o
May 28, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-05-28 07:59, Rashiid wrote:
My minds tellin me no....

BUT MAH BODY!!
MAHH BODYYYYYYYYYIEZZZZZZZ TELLIN ME YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

.....sory....R. Kelly...lol.....

OH! The humanity...

Lonzell
May 29, 2007, 04:02 PM
TB stop being a pussy and do it. Its a videogame. How do you expect to go past the 'beyond' without taking risks? Your characters are capped out, so what otherway is there to advance further in a game thats meant for a lot of players to try to become the strongest without taking risks like that?

If your a capped out character with capped out gear, doing stuff like that is the only logical way to move ahead of others.

Chaobo99
May 29, 2007, 09:14 PM
tahldon it's strong as is...I loaned you some $ to get the parts so I say grind it only once or twice x_x

Plus: The part for it was 1.5 Million and it was a pain to pay me back..aight? The board is rare to the point some people i knew have quit the game just cause they can't find one
Grind if you want but it is a big huge risk, aight TB?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2007-05-29 19:21 ]</font>

Tahldon
May 29, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-05-29 14:02, Lonzell wrote:
TB stop being a pussy and do it. Its a videogame. How do you expect to go past the 'beyond' without taking risks? Your characters are capped out, so what otherway is there to advance further in a game thats meant for a lot of players to try to become the strongest without taking risks like that?

If your a capped out character with capped out gear, doing stuff like that is the only logical way to move ahead of others.

Lol Shutup Lonz.

Since when, out of the 8 years I've known you, have I ever listened to anything you've ever said? Shutcherface!

/emo

Don't tell me what to do with my life!! >:o

Chaobo99
May 29, 2007, 09:23 PM
Heh, ur choice Tahl no one else, but it's a big risk, aighT?

Turambar
May 30, 2007, 01:19 AM
I'm getting the picture from more than a few posts over the course of this thread that grinding is a lose lose function. Fail a grind and you lose your weapon. But if you succeed at getting it to a high grind? Apparently you are automatically a rich bastard who only wants to enlarge the E-peen. I mean, sure, lets all forget about any benefits grinding has on weapon stats and the fact that sometimes people just get lucky with them and get a +10 on the first try.

Tahldon
May 30, 2007, 11:59 AM
He he heh. Risks.

*Throws Cannon shards over shoulder*

Turambar
May 30, 2007, 12:27 PM
Better to have tried and lost than never tried at all. =) Though admittedly to have tried and not lost would have been preferred. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-05-30 10:35 ]</font>

Eleina
May 30, 2007, 03:23 PM
Grind it!!!!

Lonzell
May 30, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-05-29 19:21, Tahldon wrote:

On 2007-05-29 14:02, Lonzell wrote:

Lol Shutup Lonz.

Since when, out of the 8 years I've known you, have I ever listened to anything you've ever said? Shutcherface!

/emo

Don't tell me what to do with my life!! >:o

lol since always, being as you always do what I say like, several months later, and when I bring it up, you say it was your decission and on your terms you bastard.