PDA

View Full Version : Does the AI of NPCs go up like PMs?

Pheromone
May 28, 2007, 11:02 AM
I notice that with players who play a lot with Lou and Laia, their NPCs say different chat lines and have seemingly better AI. Is it just my mind tricking me, or does their AI go up when you s-rank missions, as with PMs? I have done a lot of missions with Laia and her lines and AI have gotten seemingly better, though many argue the NPC AI doesnt change if you use them often.

Dhylec
May 28, 2007, 11:49 AM
I think their AI remain pretty much the same. However, they do say different things at various enemies at certain conditions. Try going on high-level missions. Also, paring certain NPCs together, you might even see them talking to each other. ;]

Pheromone
May 28, 2007, 12:04 PM
Hmmm I shall bring my Laia and Lou to the Hive and see if they said the same things they did for another person who has used them way more than I have... I'll come back with results. If They don't say the same things, I assume mine haven't reached that stage yet... And well... a friend and I are gonna test out partying with our PMs constantly to see if there is a hidden combat level.

Ether
May 28, 2007, 12:44 PM
I dont think their AI gets any better, but they do improve their gear as they level. Laia starts using an axe around level 50, and Maia begins casting Rentis once in a blue moon

Lyrise
May 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
Some of the NPCs have good AI, but their equipment hinders them VERY badly. The recent Tonio card the Japanese servers recieved, is a pretty good indication of this.

NPCs aren't known for stellar resta power, besides the 45x series and Maya. Beasts are even lesser known for this kind of power. But not counting those 4 possible characters, Tonio can heal more than any other NPC (800+!, once again, NOT counting force NPs), and this is due to the fact that he's packing a 6 star Tenora Wand, while everyone's else besides those Force-tilted NPCs are still using 1-4.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-05-28 10:52 ]</font>

Pheromone
May 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
How about... does Maya ever face the enemy for a change at higher levels? Whenever I play with her a ranger, her back is to the enemy and she doesn't attack or heal. <_<