PDA

View Full Version : Are there any A rank Kubara Weapons, Melee or guns, that are

gammik
May 28, 2007, 05:47 PM
Are there any A rank Kubara Weapons, Melee or guns, that are better than their 9* counterpart ?

When I say better, I mean things like faster PP regen or more overall PP once both grinded to +10. Or anything that would make you want to use an 8* gun vs a 9*, if both were ground to (10).

Or are Kubara items pretty much used for their looks & just to have something different ? I've heard time & time again that Kubara weapons grind better. What does "grind better" mean ?

Grind better = higher chance of success ???

OR

Grind better = better stats once actually grinded ???

Anyone with any info on Kubara weapons that seems worthwhile, please for the love of god, help us clear up the air here.

thanks for your future input

Gammik

Arika
May 28, 2007, 05:56 PM
kubara mechgun > 9* mechgun
kubara wand/rod > 9* wand/rod on total status if you just don't care only TP alone (little tp less, but 200-300 PP+)
long bow kubara ~ 9* aroudn same but depend if you care ata
there are still other things. but I dont remember it all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-05-28 15:57 ]</font>

Stezan
May 28, 2007, 06:00 PM
When people say Kubaras "grind better," I'm pretty sure they mean that kubaras receive better stat boosts than the three main companies.

As for added effects, it all depends on the weapon. i heard tha Vahra Claws (Kubara) have faster pp regen (not sure), but weapons from main companies like Jogiri (GRM) can poison or Fuka-Misaki (Yohmei) can freeze.

CelestialBlade
May 28, 2007, 06:26 PM
The 8* Kubara Machinegun is a million times better than the 9* version, because it has around 900 PP.

amtalx
May 28, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-05-28 16:26, Typheros wrote:
The 8* Kubara Machinegun is a million times better than the 9* version, because it has around 900 PP.

Indeed. Trying to make some now since the prices for guns has become outrageous now that A grinders are available. So far I have a Dimate and a Scape Doll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AlphaDragoon
May 28, 2007, 09:03 PM
How about the Jitseec? How does it compare to Jitseen/Buccaneer?

Hrith
May 29, 2007, 05:57 AM
Shigga Bomac is also clearly better than Shigga Bines.

Shishi-O
Jun 2, 2007, 02:21 AM
i have to agree with the OP, what is the deal with kubara products.

r they superior??

more info plz

majan
Jun 2, 2007, 03:48 AM
first of all,a note to the mods,as to why this thread was not moved to gameplay guides and walkthroughs(which roughly a twentieth of the people that hang out here will go to and post on a blue moon) the same way my nearly identical thread was.no offense to the OP,obviously,but Im slightly confused,especially considering that this is not the first time this happened.anywho,heres my post:

using splendor crush level 30 against level 50 olgohmons
edit-using a level 59 CAST fighgunner(10) using a stella/power S)

Al Sevac 20% fire, grinded 4 times, 241 PP, 262 ATP
Ryo-Slasha 18% fire, grinded once, 377 PP, 188 ATP

a considerable difference in attack power,right?well,the ryo's did roughly 15-20 more damage per hit.sevacs did around 270-280 the first combo,around 300 the second combo, and upwards of 320ish for the last combo.the ryo's did 290-300/320ish/340+
*these numbers arent precise,I did this test last nite,but this is pretty much accurate.maybe the numbers are off a little,but I can assure you that the sevacs did 15-20 less damage no matter what damage was being done.

so,this is a weapon with considerably more attack power,and a slightly better element percent...doing less damage than its counterpart with less atack power grinded less times and with(slightly) less element.

anybody else run into this?
please,share your stories here.

yeah,in response to shishi-o,I cant really be too sure if they are superior.maybe grinding all the way up will have some sort of dramatic effect,but,the test that I ran and the comparsion I made makes it somewhat clear.one of the two people who responded in gameplay guides and walkthroughs said that he heard that kubara weapons get a 10% damage reduction when used with a photon art.this sounds like absolute horse shit to me,but,heck,it could be plausible,unlss I was hallucinating when I ran this test last nite.Ive been laying off the dust lately though,so,no hallucinogenic psu playing.

so,yeah,alphadragon,I wouldnt quite say that about shigga bomac.statistically,it obvoiusly has an advantage of sorts.but,if you look at the numbers that I posted up there,its rather odd the way these kubara weapons work.

Tsavo
Jun 2, 2007, 03:57 AM
Really depends on the weapon type. Kubara brand longbows are freakin sweet with a couple of grinds and have low usage requirements. The Al Severac and many other standard kubara weapons though... not so much. The "grind better" statement refers to the huge stat boosts they tend to get with each grind. Unfortunately some of these weapons are too weak to begin with to really benefit from said boosts while a few bloom into pieces of awesome. Just the way it is I suppose.

gundam0079
Jun 2, 2007, 11:52 AM
the aksuc rocks when its 10+ grinded

majan
Jun 2, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-06-02 01:57, Tsavo wrote:
Really depends on the weapon type. Kubara brand longbows are freakin sweet with a couple of grinds and have low usage requirements. The Al Severac and many other standard kubara weapons though... not so much. The "grind better" statement refers to the huge stat boosts they tend to get with each grind. Unfortunately some of these weapons are too weak to begin with to really benefit from said boosts while a few bloom into pieces of awesome. Just the way it is I suppose.

yes,the alteric does kick ass,from what Ive heard from people.nice to hear that the aksuc is good too.

its not that the sevacs are too weak to begin with,they actually are fairly strong,stats-wise anyway.they just dont live up to those stats in terms of damage output.a very strange little trend if you ask me,but I dunno.statistically,the sevacs are pretty good(262 atp after 4 grinds) though it is rather horrible PP on the tenora weapons.youd think these weapons would be stronger,thats all im saying.worth the hassle to make them because the synth rates are for the damn birds