PDA

View Full Version : In the Expansion Tornado Dance will POWN

Nobo
May 28, 2007, 07:38 PM
Tornado Dance gains 2% per lv! So as lv 30 it has 180% when you can get it to 40 it will do double the normal attack damage because it will have 200%!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Jakosifer
May 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
In general, Tornado Dance sucks.

Nobo
May 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-05-28 17:39, Jakomay_07 wrote:
In general, Tornado Dance sucks.

Why? How?

ljkkjlcm9
May 28, 2007, 07:45 PM
Tornado Dance is only good on enemies that don't go flying IE Goshin and big enemies

THE JACKEL

Garnet_Moon
May 28, 2007, 07:51 PM
Tornado Dance; like Grenade Launchers, is a Boss/Sub Boss weapon. It's also decent crowd control if a bunch of Leader Mobs are giving you problems and you need to scatter them.

February
May 28, 2007, 07:52 PM
On 2007-05-28 17:51, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Tornado Dance; like Grenade Launchers, is a Boss/Sub Boss weapon. It's also decent crowd control if a bunch of Leader Mobs are giving you problems and you need to scatter them.

exactly. Other wise it is pretty useless.

Nobo
May 28, 2007, 07:54 PM
I mainly use it on Shagreece in Sea of Fire since they are a lot easier to fight when you knock them down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Garnet_Moon
May 28, 2007, 07:58 PM
On 2007-05-28 17:54, Nobo wrote:
I mainly use it on Shagreece in Sea of Fire since they are a lot easier to fight when you knock them down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

I just use Diga to pluck them from the sky...

Freshellent
May 28, 2007, 07:58 PM
Actually,if you Fighgunners would use traps (Not that you don't,>.>) You can drop a Freeze G into a mob,then TD through it twice before it breaks,and if the last hit does,the your usually far enough away that you can pick em off with mechs or pistols after.

Useless? Hardly,it's about it's applications. You can do that with a number of PA's sure but it worked wonders at LL and HIVES when I solo'd,even when I partied I was complimented.

Ask Kimil about that.

Freeze G trap/then TD through the middle,then back. Works wonders.

ljkkjlcm9
May 28, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-05-28 17:58, Icespike wrote:
Actually,if you Fighgunners would use traps (Not that you don't,>.>) You can drop a Freeze G into a mob,then TD through it twice before it breaks,and if the last hit does,the your usually far enough away that you can pick em off with mechs or pistols after.

Useless? Hardly,it's about it's applications. You can do that with a number of PA's sure but it worked wonders at LL and HIVES when I solo'd,even when I partied I was complimented.

Ask Kimil about that.

Freeze G trap/then TD through the middle,then back. Works wonders.

so I can use it 10 times, for a good amount of meseta? If I'm doing LL or Hive I'll save it for the Sendillan, or bosses, who don't go flying when I use Tornado dance thank you. Otherwise, Gravity Dance is the DoubleSaber PA.

Doublesabers are meant for hitting multiple enemies around you at once.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-05-28 20:30 ]</font>

Ether
May 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-05-28 18:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
THE JACKEL

THE JACKEL

Just put it in your damn signature already, theres a reason its called a SIGNATURE

Also they will most likely change the growth of Tornado Dance after 30, there are a lot of PAs that do things like cap accuracy at a certain point, so Tornado Dance will probably move to 1% ATT a level

VanHalen
May 28, 2007, 08:52 PM
Tornado Dance "POWN"s already.

Midicronica
May 28, 2007, 08:55 PM
I don't care if it gets stronger or weaker. It's a situational PA. = I like using a Freeze Trap+TD combo against those buffed Olgheymon in the Firebreak mission.

Freshellent
May 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
I said G traps btw.

And a TD/Trap combo still hits like 3 enemies. It's great for mobs,but that's just me. I'm not saying you should ALWAYS use it. It's obvious Grav dance is better,but that extra couple points of damage with TD is nice. No one said you had to use it,I was trying to point out it's not useless. It can be used other ways with some creativity. But no one said you had to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Icespike on 2007-05-28 19:20 ]</font>

VanHalen
May 28, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-05-28 18:52, VanHalen wrote:
Tornado Dance "POWN"s already.

Dangit I meant break, but then realized it said dance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

jayster
May 28, 2007, 10:12 PM
Tornado dance completly owns gol dovas. And almost every other big thing. Like dulk fakis. Tornado dance haters have no clue about how awsome it is.

Garnet_Moon
May 28, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-05-28 18:16, Ether wrote:

THE JACKEL

THE JACKEL

Just put it in your damn signature already, theres a reason its called a SIGNATURE

Also they will most likely change the growth of Tornado Dance after 30, there are a lot of PAs that do things like cap accuracy at a certain point, so Tornado Dance will probably move to 1% ATT a level

Off topic: I can't stop clicking on Akira's face. I hate you.

On 2007-05-28 20:12, jayster wrote:
Tornado dance completly owns gol dovas. And almost every other big thing. Like dulk fakis. Tornado dance haters have no clue about how awsome it is.

We hate it because the majority of you FG's use a Double Saber exclusively. It get sold, very fast. It's not the best thing to use all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-05-28 20:15 ]</font>

February
May 28, 2007, 10:19 PM
Hey, hey some of us use daggers and claws too...

ljkkjlcm9
May 28, 2007, 10:33 PM
On 2007-05-28 18:16, Ether wrote:

THE JACKEL

THE JACKEL

that's just an assumption, and it would make sense for it to end up at an even 200%

And you're hardly the first person to tell me to put it in my sig, and won't be the last. This isn't the only forum I do it at, signatures can be disabled, and people have been able to recognize me because I sign my posts. Thank you for your concern though.

THE JACKEL

ShinMaruku
May 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
Tornado dance is like the DDB UT.

creativehope
May 29, 2007, 08:35 AM
On 2007-05-28 20:12, jayster wrote:

I wouldnt say that but then again I am not a tornado dance hater. I hate those who cannot use tornado dance properly. Aka tornado dance everyhing on screen before the party can get there and set up for an easy victory. I personally love the benefits you get with tornado dance, its just that I dont see too many people using it correclty, thats all

omegapirate2k
May 29, 2007, 08:45 AM
Ewww... tornado dance >_<

Arika
May 29, 2007, 09:45 AM
....are you guy forget that Dus daggus will get stronger too? Renkai too!!

Mayu
May 29, 2007, 09:47 AM
I rather use Dus daggas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Jakosifer
May 29, 2007, 09:56 AM
...I never even use Double Sabers. Tried em but they're just...meh to me. And Tornado Dance, as Jack said, if I was ever GOING to use it, it'd be against larger enemies and bosses. Everyone has a different playstyle though. Simply a matter of preference.

ashley50
May 29, 2007, 12:08 PM
if i Join a party that uses TD on small mobs...I leave. and say to myself "F*** that party...I'm not gonna play with someone like that".

Unless you REALLY know how to use TD Efficiently and Effectively, don't bother using it. PERIOD.

physic
May 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
TD is the go to for fake weapon game hate. just like almost every other PA in the game it has situational uses, some times its hot, some times its not. The only sad part is teh game kind of forces you to abuse PAs till at least 21 so as to level them. There are people who dont care about leveling dif weapons and plan to use rbz and dus daggas 30 for teh rest of their life and claim they pwn. But i dont plan to be that type of player.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2007, 12:50 PM
I demand Tornado Strike and Tornado Crush. ;]

Mystil
May 29, 2007, 02:29 PM
POWN dont = "own" sound with a P.

Sorry but it bugged me @_@.

Almighty_Envy
May 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-05-29 10:08, ashley50 wrote:
if i Join a party that uses TD on small mobs...I leave. and say to myself "F*** that party...I'm not gonna play with someone like that".

Unless you REALLY know how to use TD Efficiently and Effectively, don't bother using it. PERIOD.

Exactly. If you cannot use it properly dont use it at all.

ljkkjlcm9
May 29, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-05-29 12:37, Almighty_Envy wrote:

On 2007-05-29 10:08, ashley50 wrote:

Exactly. If you cannot use it properly dont use it at all.

if we're going by that logic, half the people playing this game shouldn't, because they don't know how to do anything correctly. I say, have fun, do what you want, but don't expect people to like you if you're an idiot.

I've been in parties where I'm in a group of 5 enemies hitting them with my doubles, then someone decides to run in knocking them all over the place, making my doubles now useless, because they're meant for groups. I simply say, keep them grouped together, or, don't use the last hit of that PA please. If they don't listen, I'll leave.

THE JACKEL

Freshellent
May 29, 2007, 03:08 PM
But,part of this means that you have to be a team player,if someone's knocking the mobs up then take advantage and try to pick em off with ranged,chasing after lone creatures isn't that big of a deal,I would think you'd be able to handle a monster 1v1 on your own but if you want to take on every thing with doubles 1v4 then knock yourself out. I don't see why it means you have to leave a party because someone didn't listen to your request.

You learn to adjust,I understand where your coming from,I even thought to drop doubles so I could be "fair" to other players,after some time I learned how to use them properly,found more creative ways to do things etc. It makes no sense to get so upset that you'll leave a party over something so simple. You have plenty of options given to you.

Maybe I'm coming off to strongly here,I just think you'd be better off if you didn't let it bother you so much.

-Ryuki-
May 29, 2007, 03:16 PM
The PA still sucks.

ljkkjlcm9
May 29, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-05-29 13:08, Icespike wrote:
But,part of this means that you have to be a team player,if someone's knocking the mobs up then take advantage and try to pick em off with ranged,chasing after lone creatures isn't that big of a deal,I would think you'd be able to handle a monster 1v1 on your own but if you want to take on every thing with doubles 1v4 then knock yourself out. I don't see why it means you have to leave a party because someone didn't listen to your request.

You learn to adjust,I understand where your coming from,I even thought to drop doubles so I could be "fair" to other players,after some time I learned how to use them properly,found more creative ways to do things etc. It makes no sense to get so upset that you'll leave a party over something so simple. You have plenty of options given to you.

Maybe I'm coming off to strongly here,I just think you'd be better off if you didn't let it bother you so much.

LOL, I'm saying I'm in a group, hitting 4 enemies for 350 damage each swing, keeping all the enemies focused on me, rangers standing there shooting them, forces picking them off, works well for everyone, then someone decides to take say, renkai with their twin daggers and send them all flying, making it more of a pain for everyone.

I can take on enemies 1v1 fine, but I can guarantee you it makes me less effective, and it makes the entire party less effective. More often than not it benefits the entire party to have all the enemies in one area.

THE JACKEL

-Tidus_415-
May 29, 2007, 03:21 PM
I hate TD and I dont even have it yet. Wasted PA fragments on other PA's. But when I do get it...i'm going to whore it until it reaches level 30. >_>

Freshellent
May 29, 2007, 03:29 PM
Man,you people really don't like that PA do you?

I see your point,I really do. I guess I'm doing my best to convince myself and others around that the PA does not suck,it's just used poorly. Saying a PA sucks is pretty absurd if you ask me,even though I've been known to say it myself. I'll take the time now to go back on that. Everything is about placement/timing etc. But in the end, efficency is what counts.

I really hope people who say *insert name here* PA sucks, aren't serious. It's just stupid.

-Tidus_415-
May 29, 2007, 03:36 PM
I don't like the PA because it looks stupid and everyone uses it because its "good".

-Ryuki-
May 29, 2007, 03:37 PM
Tornado Spin, to me, is as sucky as Both Spinning/Tornado Break, and Renkai.
Then again, I'm the one who prefers Moubu > Renkai, and Spiral > The other two.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2007, 03:39 PM
I like tornado dance, it's dead usefull on larger enemies, and it makes you move pretty quick too.

Not so useful on small stuff though, as they'll just be knocked clear of it on the first hit. ;]

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-05-29 13:37, RyukiZero wrote:
Tornado Spin, to me, is as sucky as Both Spinning/Tornado Break, and Renkai.
Then again, I'm the one who prefers Moubu > Renkai, and Spiral > The other two.I love Tornado Break, and though Spinning Break isn't nearly as fun to use, it's dead useful for taking on larger enemies and bosses.

Freshellent
May 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-05-29 13:36, -Tidus_415- wrote:
I don't like the PA because it looks stupid and everyone uses it because its "good".

Not all Fighs have it. I myself spent the longest time avoiding it,Actually I swore I never would get it. Then the thought of Psycho Crusher made me lol.I prefer Twin Sabers for damage,the doubles are just a fun weapon. hell I even posted here how I was going to drop doubles completely. I think I solo'd so much that I realized how much of a handicap they can be.

As for TD,it's really not that good,it's just fun to use and amusing if your tired of other PA's,That's how I found use for via traps. I had maxed out my other doubles PA's. I thought it'd be a good idea to find a way to make it more useful. It lvl'd really quickly while I was using the trap method,I had little problems with broken up mobs and the like.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2007, 03:52 PM
I guess the main thing is whether you actually like doubles, if you're using them only for the PA, then you're not really using them right, are you? ;]

I actually don't oft use them, I much prefer long swords. ;]

Lonzell
May 29, 2007, 04:18 PM
Its a hot PA. Don't blame the PA for all the losers that dont know how to use it. And if I recall, all weapons with knock back skills have a large amount of losers that abuse them, so it ain't just TD that does it. I find it funny and ironic that a lot of people that complain about knockback when you see them for yourself in parties, they fight as if they were fighting solo, rather than fighting in conjunction with the group.

Not to be cocky, but other than myself as a Figunner, I cant remember the last time ive seen other party memebers use knockback moves to actually heard a group of enemies together, or to place a enemy in direction of a Force's AoE to wittle them down more. Usually all I see are people running off to their own indivisual monsters, fighting one solo, all the other monsters runamok and out of mage AoE range anyways.

-Ryuki-
May 29, 2007, 04:44 PM
You play with a lot of selfish people then. When I use my axe as a FF, I KB everything towards the Techers.

ljkkjlcm9
May 29, 2007, 07:23 PM
I love my doubles when I solo. Running into a group of pannons/ageeta/polty etc. Any small group falls easy at the hands of a good double saber. Tornado Dance DOMINATES enemies like Sendillan, Goshin, etc. medium enemies that don't go flying. If you know how to use a double saber CORRECTLY, which most people dont, it becomes a very useful weapon. Most people LIKE when I use a double saber, not just because all of mine have high percents, but because I know WTF I'm doing with them.

THE JACKEL

Lonzell
May 30, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-05-29 14:44, RyukiZero wrote:
You play with a lot of selfish people then. When I use my axe as a FF, I KB everything towards the Techers.

well then you've gotta be the first one ive seen with a axe that does. much praise to you.