PDA

View Full Version : CLONING WEAPONS, DUPLICATING ITEMS!!!

lmc4lfe
Feb 26, 2001, 04:48 PM
Anyone know how to dupe items or clone weapons? I got robbed by a thief and have a VARISTA, DOUBLE SABER (green), INVINCIBLE SHIELD, DB's SABER, and an ELF LEGS unit. I would like to make copies of these to protect my assets from would be thieves. Please email me at:

[email protected]

I also have information on section id's, mags (where to find cells), and how to get some rare weapons. I don't check this site often so please email me. We'll trade secrets! Thanks!!!

Cy
Feb 26, 2001, 06:11 PM
d00d! I wanted to do the same thing and looked ALL over the net for docs on how to do this...finally found it on a Japanese web site and ran it through babel-fish translator. Here's the steps to d00p (dupe) your l33t l00t.

(1) Start a game up ONLINE and psw protect it.

(2) Walk in to the PRINCIPAL's office and DROP the l33t l00t on the ground.

(3) Log-off, but remember the name of the game! and the server! A little known fact about PSO is that items dropped off in the Prin. office will remain and still be there if you start a game by the same name on the same server.

(4) ALSO VERY IMPORTANT...while the game displays the SAVING message on the screen, remove the VMU from the controller. This will keep your saved game from recording the item being dropped.

(5) Log back on, start up a game by the same name, and find your d00ped item in the Prin. office.

I've already d00ped double sabers, etc for all my guild mates! Easy as pie, d00d.

Remember! It's fun to be d00ped!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Cy on 2001-02-26 15:12 ]</font>

Glider
Feb 26, 2001, 06:17 PM
Oh god, I really hope no one listens to him. Especially the part of pulling out your VMU when its saving. That will just currupt the info, and make you start all over. I also doubt that principles room idea, but I'm not sure.

Bman
Feb 26, 2001, 06:30 PM
I hereby declare this thread FUBAR in every possible way.

Cy
Feb 26, 2001, 06:33 PM
Ignore Glider! He don't know what he's talkin about...VMU save files can't be corrupted...they are solid state memory modules with superior error handling routines.

Remember, Its fun to be d00ped!

ps- I'm full of crap, and my previous post was intended to be a satirical commentary on that guy's lame arse wish to dupe items. If anyone couldn't see that, then I give my condolences to your parents for raising such a dumb arse child.

Android
Feb 26, 2001, 06:42 PM
Duping was posible a few weeks ago but sega put a stop to that.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Feb 26, 2001, 07:03 PM
OH NO!

i just tried yer trick to doop a monofluid and 250 meseta that i found in the forest... and it erased my character (lvl uh 250, yeah_)!!!

: P

Zephyr
Feb 26, 2001, 07:09 PM
Not to give anyone ideas... but doesn't the fact that you can (with a little effort) backup your character make duping very simple with the help of a friend?... I'm not sure how Sega could have put a stop to it...

Rei
Feb 26, 2001, 07:19 PM
SEGA is using the clock system to check.
I'm not sure about the detail....but let me try:

your game save has 3 time units.
1.) Current Total Time
2.) Previous total time.
3.) Last Played duration.

it checks while loading data from your VMU.

if (previous total time + last played time == current total time)
Load_Game;
else
printf("All your base are belong to us!!!1n");

If you suddenly turn off your DC without saving, you got your character deleted....

Miguel
Feb 26, 2001, 07:25 PM
I think u should be really careful about duplicate an item. Because I had a friend named KillerMantis he did duplicate some doulbe sabers but then he character got correpted and he had to start all over.

sorry for my english, i live in mexico and i don?t write that good. sorry

Zephyr
Feb 26, 2001, 08:07 PM
Ok, I'm probably missing something, but how does that stop a duper from backing up their character... joining a friends game and passing them whatever rare... and then restoring from the backup?

Phantasmal
Feb 26, 2001, 08:35 PM
Rei is right...

IMHO..

All this duping can be put to a halt if the server side would have some kind of routine that kept track of the log-off time. That way, when someone played on-line, they would HAVE TO use the last log off character (and not the back-up character)..

Example 1 (vs the "Backup system"): Let's take a character called Mike who has 50,000 maseta (all his money). He gives it to his friend and then logs off at 10:30. The server would record this information.. Something to the effect of:

Mike:
Maseta at save = 0
Weapon at save = Db's Saber, Silence claw, etc....
Armor at save = Blah blah blah
Mag = blah blah blah
Time logged off = 10:30 (Date)

Ok, so next, Mike loads up his back-up character (who has 50,000 maseta) and tries to go online... But thanks to the time index, he gets an error message.. Why?
The back-up Mike file looks like this:

Mike:
Maseta at save = 50,000 (NO MATCH)
...blah blha blah
Time logged off: 8:42 (Date) (NO MATCH)

In code terms:
if NO_MATCH = 1 then
print "This is not the same character you previously logged-off with.. sorry"
reboot.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

And of course, since the time index routine is server side, there is no chance of people messing around with the DC internal clock..

I hope that made sense.., or did I basically repeat what Rei said... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Rei
Feb 26, 2001, 08:55 PM
Phantasmal, you explained it very well. If SEGA uses this method as you said..... I think I just figured out an offline dup trick..... Why offline dup?? Pow, def material......hehehe

Ambrai
Feb 26, 2001, 09:01 PM
Mod: Moved to cheaters

DynStatic
Feb 27, 2001, 09:54 PM
This would work if you can only play online, but since someone could log off and play offline then back on, the data on the server would not match. Nice idea tho. Just won't work.

On 2001-02-26 17:35, Phantasmal wrote:
Rei is right...

IMHO..

All this duping can be put to a halt if the server side would have some kind of routine that kept track of the log-off time. That way, when someone played on-line, they would HAVE TO use the last log off character (and not the back-up character)..

Example 1 (vs the "Backup system"): Let's take a character called Mike who has 50,000 maseta (all his money). He gives it to his friend and then logs off at 10:30. The server would record this information.. Something to the effect of:

Mike:
Maseta at save = 0
Weapon at save = Db's Saber, Silence claw, etc....
Armor at save = Blah blah blah
Mag = blah blah blah
Time logged off = 10:30 (Date)

Ok, so next, Mike loads up his back-up character (who has 50,000 maseta) and tries to go online... But thanks to the time index, he gets an error message.. Why?
The back-up Mike file looks like this:

Mike:
Maseta at save = 50,000 (NO MATCH)
...blah blha blah
Time logged off: 8:42 (Date) (NO MATCH)

In code terms:
if NO_MATCH = 1 then
print "This is not the same character you previously logged-off with.. sorry"
reboot.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

And of course, since the time index routine is server side, there is no chance of people messing around with the DC internal clock..

I hope that made sense.., or did I basically repeat what Rei said... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Lord_Ariakas
Feb 27, 2001, 10:33 PM
If sega would have been smart and implemented server side saving in the first place we wouldn't have to worry about duping or losing characters.

KarnaJ
Feb 27, 2001, 10:43 PM
that is, assuming the server they used for saving was more stable than the ones we play the game on, because right now, these servers go up and down like you wouldn't believe.

DW
Feb 27, 2001, 11:04 PM
Great idea but wont work. Characters must be saved on the server for sega to have more controle of things. Yes, how about doing this only for online. Hmm, well like it has been stated before a person can creat his own server and invite a few friends to join his newly created server for a dup bashing good time. Plus I see a lot of bugs from this Idea.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DW on 2001-02-27 20:07 ]</font>

ghosti
Feb 28, 2001, 07:28 AM
its so ez u fools, remeber i dont incurage it at all but its commin sience and i had to put a stop to everyones problems. if u think about it its quite simple. no more listening to fags that say do some lag technique. if u have e-mail for sega net u attach the save of your character to an email.then u send it to yourself 3 or 4 times because sometimes it might not work or the file might get currupt. once u find one that works d/l it to your vmu and u have a backup of your character, which means u allso got a nother set of items. logg on as the dupe, trade your items, then dupe the guy with the sick items and u got more items people. or just copy file to file on your vmu. remember i dont cheat and i dont encourage it but people need to stop listening to these kids.