PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Firebreak event Event

DurakkenX
May 28, 2007, 10:53 PM
No, that isn't a mistake in the topic. This is an Event that I thought of a while ago...

Basically this will happen sometime in the near future obviously, prolly the 9th or 10th of June

This event will be a race to see who can do the event the most within a period of time... all 5 missions

The rules will be you can have no more than 4 people per party.
You must exit the mission via normal means and check in with a person at the end.
Your team must be registered with a leader before hand and that leader is the one who checks in.
You must do each of the missions in order (neudaiz, moatoob, parum, and then go to bruce)
All 4 members must be with the team at all times

If you are found to be cheating you will be disqualified. And a judge may ask to join your team at any time, or check in on you at any time, which means you need to lock your party and you need to post your passcode on the forum before hand so judges can access ^.^

I will need 6+ volunteers for this at the minimum to play judges... and will be able to stay on an amount of time...

(this may be dropped later on) I will also be asking that each party come up with 1,000,000 meseta as an entrance fee. This will server as to reward and pay the judges... The winners will receive 40% payout, 2nd = 30%, and 3rd 20%, while the judges will receive 10% for their time. Items of 1mil meseta value may be accepted too, but may result in unfair distribution...

I am also going to ask that any donations from people not participating if they can of items/meseta, I will be putting up an item reward if this does happen.

reply here with your team register... the million will be due before the your first run is counted.

DurakkenX
May 28, 2007, 10:54 PM
This double post is so I can come right here or alter the rules and such more quickly... ^.^

Judges
#1: Durakken (will be stationed at GUARDIANS HQ)

Current Rewards
None

Registered Parties
None

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-05-28 20:56 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
May 28, 2007, 10:59 PM
I might join. I have a team planned.

Treillerti
May 28, 2007, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure I get it. . but since I don't know enough people for a team. . I wouldn't mind being a judge. I can be on any length of time.

natewifi
May 28, 2007, 11:14 PM
Lol a get rich quick scheme PSU edition. This doesnt seem like it would work, nor would anyone trust someone else with 1 million of their meseta just so they can somehow lose or get caught up in confusion and everything fucks up for them.

DurakkenX
May 28, 2007, 11:25 PM
It's an event to see who can do more runs of all 5 missions...quickest ^.^ If nothing else it will get some people play it a bit more...even though i personally am getting tired of it i'm not against helping it out ^.^

The reason i need volunteers for judges is mainly because 5 of them have to sit around and wait for the parties to be done and prolly get annoyed with too many teams early on checking in them.

Basically you will be required to just make a note someone checked in and then they will all be given to me to look over... you will get a point counted towards you. If a judge doesn't see all of your registered party members they may not mark you down as all your party members should be with you...though this is at the judge's discrepancy.

also the last judge will be one that goes from area to area and randomly joins those registered ^.^ to make sure they maintain their groups and such. Also any group that is found where one of your members are just hanging out you may be disqualified so don't try that either.

So basically this is a competition, community event, and a help to the other community event... and may be one of the first of many ^.^

I also just had another idea...to form a guild to hold these events >.> but doubt that would work hehe

Treillerti
May 28, 2007, 11:27 PM
Cool . I don't mind being in charge of teams of a certain area. . Wherever's fine with me I suppose. . I can hang out in Maotoob's Oasis or in Neudaiz. . not too fond of Parum lol

I can also use this time to watch some anime lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Treillerti on 2007-05-28 21:28 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 28, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-05-28 21:14, natewifi wrote:
Lol a get rich quick scheme PSU edition. This doesnt seem like it would work, nor would anyone trust someone else with 1 million of their meseta just so they can somehow lose or get caught up in confusion and everything fucks up for them.

#1 I'm fair, everyone knows this. I wouldn't steal anything ^.^ though it did cross my mind to do as a joke and then give the stuff back the next day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
#2 1,000,000 is hardly asking much, and the 10% will be split between 6-7 people which is petty compared to what someone could make in the amount of time a judge would be sitting around to do this for.
#3 This type of things goes on all the time with real money and items in the RL game community i see no reason it can't work in the game world game community.

Sychosis
May 28, 2007, 11:55 PM
I tried something like this a few months ago. Lose the entry fee. If you can't pay out of your own pocket, you won't get nearly as many people to participate. People are greedy I guess.

Only one good thing came of it when I tried it. I got to meet omegapirate2k, who wasn't too trusting at first. But now he's a good friend.

Good luck anyway!

DurakkenX
May 29, 2007, 12:07 AM
if you do not want the entrance fee but want to do everything else in your team register just say that you will participate only without the entrance fee... that's all ^.^, but seriously it's 250k a person, that's nothing >.>

Treillerti
May 29, 2007, 12:11 AM
Yea. . it's true. lol But Sychosis is right. . people are greedy. . You just put the topic up, give it a few days and see what happens. I think a reward would be the only way to get people interested in this event.

DurakkenX
May 29, 2007, 11:38 AM
hrmmm seems no one is interested?

Freshellent
May 29, 2007, 11:46 AM
Maybe their just waiting for others to show interest. I think I might join you on this one. Sounds like something worthwhile.