PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart or Garment Aura

Korokodo13
May 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
Ok im just wondering wich is better because I hate GA but i like the BHs dark effect... which one do you think would be better...

ljkkjlcm9
May 29, 2007, 10:25 AM
Blackheart is rarer, but more people like Garment Aura, but it's really personal preference.

THE JACKEL

JAFO22000
May 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
On 2007-05-29 08:25, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Blackheart is rarer, but more people like Garment Aura, but it's really personal preference.

THE JACKEL

No, it's not really personal preference:

BH = +2 END
GA = +3 END

Which one is better???????????????

omegapirate2k
May 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
The garment aura gives you 1 more endurance point than the black heart, therefore it is more practical.

But since both are fairly useless besides looking "cool", its simply preference.

ljkkjlcm9
May 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-05-29 08:29, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-05-29 08:25, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

No, it's not really personal preference:

BH = +2 END
GA = +3 END

Which one is better???????????????

honestly? Neither is that useful for me.
If you're a CAST especially

THE JACKEL

Allison_W
May 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
I like anything that gives me more Megid resistance. For my CAST, sure, I stick to an extra unit, but I have three characters who aren't CASTs.

I see too many people who are capable of casting Resta running around wearing Me / HP Restores, which is dumb on any map that has enemies capable of inflicting SEs (especially enemies that spit Megid). Under such circumstances, an STA-boosting unit is definitely a better idea. Garment Auras are easy to get, and if you don't want to take the time or you don't like the visual effect, Mega / Stamina units are still half the price of HP Restores and generally more useful. The exception might be if you're playing a class that doesn't have Resta, you're soloing, and the map you're doing has no enemies that inflict particularly problematic SEs (i.e., incapacitate, stun, higher-level freeze).

JAFO22000
May 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-05-29 08:55, Allison_W wrote:
I see too many people who are capable of casting Resta running around wearing Me / HP Restores, which is dumb on any map...

Amen!! I cringe everytime I see a FT with a HP/Restore....even if the only other extra slot item gave you only +1 END, it would still be more useful than a HP/Restore on a FT....

Kylie
May 29, 2007, 11:01 AM
Personally, I don't like the visuals of either unit because they're not very attractive... at all. BH is better to have over GA because it's rarer. I won't bother getting a GA because everyone has one, and because I don't care for the look. If I wanted to increase my stamina, I'd much rather buy the Mega / Stamina unit...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-05-29 09:02 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
May 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
Well I'm a beast Fighgunner, and gain a good amount of HP with each tick. And especially now with fire enemies and my 44% crimson line, I typically gain almost as much as I lose, and I live a very long time.

THE JACKEL

Garanz-Baranz
May 29, 2007, 11:08 AM
Yay, a non-firebreak topic!

And, It's all prefenrence.

STA isn't the most powerful stat, 3 Sta isn't much, only a Fortegunner's STA boost is worth the STA these unit's give. Also, many CAST may refuse this, as the SUV weapon is disabled[which any SUV gives 1 STA].

Jife_Jifremok
May 29, 2007, 11:49 AM
So do I prefer to STINK like a peasant or be ON FIRE like a peasant? If you wanna take on Trogdor the Burninator, you have to do both.

Neith
May 29, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-05-29 09:49, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
So do I prefer to STINK like a peasant or be ON FIRE like a peasant? If you wanna take on Trogdor the Burninator, you have to do both.

BURNINATING THE PEASANTS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But seriously, Garment Aura is better than Black Heart. The only reasons I could see someone using BH over GA is for the rarity (how many people have Black Heart, and how many people have GA...), and for if your character wanted to look evil/smelly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I use Garment- it saves me the sleep-inducing task of continuing my Darbelan hunt (you get a bit depressed after going 52 and not getting the drop), and it's better anyway.

Plus it looks pretty nice on my Newman. Even if her crotch is on fire. >_>

Para
May 29, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-05-29 10:10, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Something to protect her purity? XD

ashley50
May 29, 2007, 12:14 PM
I find it useless now (since i have 3 CASTs). I can only wear them AFTER i have my SUV meter Full =/, then have to chnage back to SUV Unit to use one. Kinda annoying...

Korokodo13
May 29, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-05-29 09:01, Kylie wrote:
Personally, I don't like the visuals of either unit because they're not very attractive... at all. BH is better to have over GA because it's rarer. I won't bother getting a GA because everyone has one, and because I don't care for the look. If I wanted to increase my stamina, I'd much rather buy the Mega / Stamina unit...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-05-29 09:02 ]</font>
Yeah i personally like BH better just because:
1:it matches my full blue set better than GA does
2:Its rarer
3:Ill stand out more than everyone thats on fire in missions
4:it shows that im not lazy and can search for the item myself
5:last, the fire looks retarded

Korokodo13
May 29, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-05-29 10:10, UrikoBB3 wrote:

BURNINATING THE PEASANTS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But seriously, Garment Aura is better than Black Heart. The only reasons I could see someone using BH over GA is for the rarity (how many people have Black Heart, and how many people have GA...), and for if your character wanted to look evil/smelly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I use Garment- it saves me the sleep-inducing task of continuing my Darbelan hunt (you get a bit depressed after going 52 and not getting the drop), and it's better anyway.

I hate you... I searched 200+ hrs of hives and only got 2 rare maps and the darlebans dropped meseta... Well at least i reached PT10 at lvl56 and got an axe, in 3 hrs its PA is already doing 500+ and at LVL15....YAY!!:)

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
I like the Electro Heart and Whittil Wing. ;]

Korokodo13
May 29, 2007, 12:53 PM
On 2007-05-29 10:51, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I like the Electro Heart and Whittil Wing. ;]

Me too, but im talking about online already stuff that would make me look even cooler

Neith
May 29, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-05-29 10:49, Korokodo13 wrote:
I hate you... I searched 200+ hrs of hives and only got 2 rare maps and the darlebans dropped meseta

..but I still haven't found Black Heart, so having Garment Aura be so easily obtainable helped a lot. Maybe I can hunt something worthwhile now...XD

Shou
May 29, 2007, 01:00 PM
look at it this way most people have 10 STA so +3 STA is raising your STA by 30% o.0 thats allot..... do you guys know of any units that raise your ATP or TP or DEF or any other stat by 30% ? 0.o

Korokodo13
May 29, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-05-29 11:00, Shou wrote:
look at it this way most people have 10 STA so +3 STA is raising your STA by 30% o.0 thats allot..... do you guys know of any units that raise your ATP or TP or DEF or any other stat by 30% ? 0.o

if i had a GPC it would raise my attack by about 50% of its amount now

huntlyon
May 29, 2007, 01:31 PM
the BH is an pricegouged, albeit rare, 2 sta slot item.. the GA is an annoying 3 sta slot item because it makes it trickier to see if your on fire. I was wearing a a mega/stamina before this... but truth be told I'd take a slot with 3 sta and NO fire animation if given the choice. At least the Whithill wing isn't that visually obstructive, judging by offline

Rashiid
May 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-05-29 08:59, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-05-29 08:55, Allison_W wrote:
I see too many people who are capable of casting Resta running around wearing Me / HP Restores, which is dumb on any map...

Amen!! I cringe everytime I see a FT with a HP/Restore....even if the only other extra slot item gave you only +1 END, it would still be more useful than a HP/Restore on a FT....

i have one; since i se no point in using Resta when i only lost about 200-300 HP; since once i run outta mah resta rod; well, im out of resta.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 29, 2007, 01:47 PM
Garment Aura is the best currently available extra slot unit for all non-Casts.

F-Gattaca
May 29, 2007, 01:50 PM
And as Shou can tell you, nothing beats being a Burning Ranger.

Or a Burning RAcast if you're already a CAST.

ljkkjlcm9
May 29, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-05-29 11:47, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Garment Aura is the best currently available extra slot unit for all non-Casts.

Maybe that's what you think, but I think my HP restore is pretty darn useful, being a beast Fighgunner. Within 6 ticks I'ved used a monomate, and yet people still carry those around.

I can run in and fight enemies, if my health gets low I can run out and start playing ranged while restoring my health for free. I'm already at STA 12, which other classes use this Aura to reach my level/pass me by 1.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-05-29 11:55 ]</font>

Umberger
May 29, 2007, 02:40 PM
I use the Garment Aura for lack of a better Extra Slot unit. I had the Mega / Stamina in there, so for me...eh, it's an upgrade, why not?

Almighty_Envy
May 29, 2007, 02:44 PM
I would choose blackheart over garment aura any day, considering everyone and their mom has garment aura now.

SolomonGrundy
May 29, 2007, 03:12 PM
I chose to wear a mega stamin over a garment aura, as too may ppl are wearing them. Possibly if I had a blackeart I would wear it, but not much incentive to hunt one.

and for the poster who asked about units increasing your stats (and let's stick to B rank items, since GA is B rank)

Gi / Magic is 30% more TP for my Cast GT. Tero / Guard is 50% more defense for any ranger or PT, and 30% more for fleshie figunner, and gunteckers. To bad DFP sucks so hard.

Suz
May 29, 2007, 03:18 PM
Like countless people have said before me, it's all based on preference.(did i spell that right?) People like the black heart for it's evil effect and to look all dark/emo/serious... whatever. Others favor the Garmet aura for the fact that YOU'RE ON FIYAH!!!! oh, and now a million+ people can run around claiming they're a burning ranger.

Personally, I like either, since I can just change my clothes/hair/eye color to matchthe effect that i'm bearing. Also on the stat wise question, yes GA DOES have better stats than the BH, but... who pays attention to stats anyways? It's all about fighting/dying with style(IMO). What would you rather have, A 1* saber grinded to 200? Or a FANCY UBEREST WEAPON IN T3H GAMEZ THAT LOOKED SO EFFING COOL that has an atp of 2? Preference peoples, preference. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Tidus_415-
May 29, 2007, 03:24 PM
Black Heart > Garment Aura

It's better to have something that not many others got.

Almighty_Envy
May 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
And to add... your leet if you wear garment aura. ANYONE who wears it and thinks theyre cool should quit psu. GA was sweet for the first hour until everyone got it.

Chiba-kun
May 29, 2007, 03:31 PM
Does it really matter which is better, just use whichever you want since the difference in stats is just 1.....just....1.... So yeah if you like the fire use it, if you want the black aura use it, either way.

Almighty_Envy
May 29, 2007, 03:35 PM
Blackheart > Garment Aura every time.

Fire is the most useless element

Fulgore
May 29, 2007, 09:26 PM
I really had my heart set on, lol, the safely heart garmet BUT now that I've experienced Aura first hand I don't think I'll ever get over it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But pratical wise.....it would be better to use one of the other ones (when we actually get them) most likely.....

Allison_W
May 29, 2007, 09:26 PM
After meditating on it for a while, I decided I don't really like the Garment Aura's look all that much. I've still got one should I decide I want it later, but eh, I might just be going back to a Mega / Stamina soon just because I'd rather not have the fire effect.

I'll be holding onto at least that one Garment Aura, though. Might sell halfway decently in the future, especially if we get an influx of people come AoI.

ZodiacNKnight
May 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
I've had people make fun of my Blackheart over the Garment... ¬ ¬

Siertes
May 30, 2007, 01:05 AM
For some reason, I thought Black Hearts were more common than this topic makes em out to be.

I guess it's because I have one and if Siertes has one, then everyone and their grandma had one 5 years ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiryuu
May 30, 2007, 01:08 AM
On 2007-05-29 23:05, Siertes wrote:

I guess it's because I have one and if Siertes has one, then everyone and their grandma had one 5 years ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't have one. >_>

(Probably because I only hunted for it in the first day it came out)

Korokodo13
May 31, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-05-29 22:56, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
I've had people make fun of my Blackheart over the Garment... ¬ ¬

If I were you i'd make fun of them for being posers because they all the same.

Eleina
May 31, 2007, 12:50 PM
Neither http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Yamata line don't have the extra slot..

Dhylec
May 31, 2007, 12:51 PM
I use GA for it's boost, not look. The look is totally a bonus. I'd wear it with or without the fire effect. Actually, I wish there is no flame effect on mine. ;]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-31 10:59 ]</font>

JAFO22000
May 31, 2007, 12:53 PM
Wow. I guess the majority of people would rather have a useless item that not everyone can get vs. having a common item that is practically better.

For the record, I don't wear the GA to be "cool". It's actually very annoying to wear it constantly. But for the extra STA point, I'll gladly wear it.

I think anyone who hunts a BH was absolutely wasting their time, but I suppose that the people who complain when there isn't an update with new clothes included would disagree.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 12:54 PM
Aesthetics and style > practicality and usefulness. ;]

Korokodo13
May 31, 2007, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm... This is intresting... One of my lowbie friends just found a BH and is selling it for 1.45mil, I asked him if I could have it and pay him a set amount of meseta daily untill its paid off and in return he replies saying that hes just way to 1337 for me anymore... It seems that the BH is too much evil for some people to handle XD

Akaimizu
May 31, 2007, 01:24 PM

The "Peasant's Quest" reference is much appreciated. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Elijah
May 31, 2007, 01:28 PM
My character's color scheme is mint/sea-foam green and purple. Garment Aura sounds like a baaad idea.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 01:30 PM
Sharp contrast for emphasis! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Retsuya
Jun 5, 2007, 10:17 AM
I already said this before
It has to be a small chracter with the rappy suit equiped with Safety heart @_@

back to the topic;
but I would prefer to use Garment Aura than Black Heart
I am an GUntecher so I WANT TO BE A BURNING RANGER!
or if your a beast then equipe those Garment Aura and Knuckle dusters

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retsuya on 2007-06-05 08:25 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Jun 5, 2007, 01:53 PM
Black Heart