PDA

View Full Version : Unz unz unz unz... Import!

TheAlchemist
May 29, 2007, 06:36 PM
So my import came in today, and I'm installing this very minute. I won't be on-line until my US subscription runs out (six months or so? Oi.). Until then I'll be furiously studying Japanese so when I /do/ get on-line, I'll be the British Asian American speaking hardcore Osaka-ben. >:D

Sychosis
May 29, 2007, 06:40 PM
Vending machine'd used panties or GTFO.

omegapirate2k
May 29, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-05-29 16:40, Sychosis wrote:
Vending machine'd used panties or GTFO.

Inazuma
May 29, 2007, 06:54 PM
good luck w/ your japanese. i recommend watching a lot of anime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
its gonna come in handy b/c there just arent that many eng players on the jp ver. it seems like most of the eng players have quit or lost interest in psu, however illuminus may help w/ that.

post again and let us know when your actually gonna start. i mite be able to start a new char w/ you.

hmm but im wondering, why wait 6 months? i understand not wanting to waste money since you already paid for your english GL, but that means your gonna be wasting 6 months of time.

the famitsu cup event starts tomorrow and there is gonna be a 2.5X exp boost in the bonus mission, i heard. now mite be your best chance to start.

Garnet_Moon
May 29, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-05-29 16:36, TheAlchemist wrote:
So my import came in today, and I'm installing this very minute. I won't be on-line until my US subscription runs out (six months or so? Oi.). Until then I'll be furiously studying Japanese so when I /do/ get on-line, I'll be the British Asian American speaking hardcore Osaka-ben. >:D

Fucking weaboos and gaijins. jk. But not really.

Please stalk Itsuki-chan in my place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TheAlchemist
May 29, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm probably the least wannabe Japanese here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Combine everyone's love for Japan here, and turn it into love for music, and that's me.

I know it's a joke, but the word 'stalk' gives me the heebie jeebies now. I've had stalkers (yes, real stalkers), and it's always unsettling to hear the word. Argh.

Well, I'm waiting for Ronin Cooper to get his arse on-line, then I can help him get settled, and dump the fortune I've gathered on him. I'm projecting that I'll hit the 100 million meseta mark once the rest of my GL has expired. It's kinda like a Dickens story!

Also, I don't know much Kanji yet.

Oh yeah... how do I type in kanji and kana? What do I need in order for everything to run smoothly?

Lyrise
May 29, 2007, 07:17 PM
You just need the Japanese IME installed, that'll let you type Japanese. Other than that, you just need to make sure you install the directX that's ON THE DISC for it to work.

Kent
May 29, 2007, 08:04 PM
Assuming you're talking about the PC version...

Typing in any language is controlled by your IME. Games like FFXI have their own built-in IMEs, but PSU uses that of your OS.

Kamica
May 29, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-05-29 16:54, Inazuma wrote:
good luck w/ your japanese. i recommend watching a lot of anime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

First of all, please do not listen to what Inazuma has to say. His words should be taken with the significance of a grain of salt.

The best time to start playing PSU is NOW. There are many importers who play this game whom do not have a shred of knowledge about japanese. This is because contains mostly engrish. This engrish can be read simply by knowing knowledge about katakana. Within three days, any person should have a good grasp on katakana.

There is really no reason for you to have extensive japanese knowledge. Also, anime is NOT a good place to learn anime. It is however a good way to practice knowledge you already know. Watch videos that were INTENDED for that sort of stuff.

Go here to practice katakana:
http://www.ichigo.se/kanaflash/kana.swf
Be sure to practice only Basic Katakana. Practice accented katakana when you have the Basic down.

its gonna come in handy b/c there just arent that many eng players on the jp ver. it seems like most of the eng players have quit or lost interest in psu, however illuminus may help w/ that.

The irony of this post is hilarious. You have NO righ t to speak as if you have knowledge of the english PSU community. You have shown through your actions why you are not a part of the community. Do not act like you know what you are talking about. It is true that people have not been on as much the past week or so, but real life has gotten in the way for some. That is understandable to most people who are not you. Most of the time we are all very active. As for AoI? I do expect the expansion to attract a lot of new importers. It will be interesting to see who ends up showing.

As for extra help leveling up? I think that people would be willing to help you sometimes. You would mostly have to do work on your own in JP parties though. You do not really need to interact with the japanese to play with them. Just say a greeting and congratulations when appropiate. People generally do not care about mute players.

post again and let us know when your actually gonna start. i mite be able to start a new char w/ you.

I am pretty sure that you are the last person that Alchemist would want to play with.

hmm but im wondering, why wait 6 months? i understand not wanting to waste money since you already paid for your english GL, but that means your gonna be wasting 6 months of time.

the famitsu cup event starts tomorrow and there is gonna be a 2.5X exp boost in the bonus mission, i heard. now mite be your best chance to start.

I fully agree. You should really start NOW when you will be able to take full advantage of the 2.5X exp. Do not let such a great opportunity go to waste.

Alchemist, if you wish to find out more about the english community or if you want some help in setting up your account, be sure to stop by the community IRC channel. Go here for more info:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=116260&forum=20

I hope to see you in the future

Kion
May 29, 2007, 10:04 PM
If you play enough PSU in english, it carries over almost exactly to japanese. I played pso alot in japanese. at first i went through my inventory from memory but gradually i got better at reading katakana and it became more natural.
as for japanese, you might prioritize the vocabulary you'll be speaking to study. pay attention to what you say in parties on the US side and if there's a word you don't know the japanese for it would be wise to pull out a dictionary. when you study: pencil to paper it'll help recognition alot. be sure to interact and try to learn, or you might as well be offline single player.
osaka dialect kicks ass. you have great tastes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-05-29 20:04 ]</font>