PDA

View Full Version : I am soo obessed with lvling up Photon Arts.

Xenogamerx
May 30, 2007, 12:47 AM
I'm so obessed with them until the point when I maxed them, I refuse to use the PA again because there is other PA I have to level up. When All of my weapons PA are maxed, I just leave them in my PM and never touch them again because there's others I need to lvl up....

I know I could do more damage to monsters with my maxed PAs but I will not use them until I reach my goal to max out all of 36 arts in my PA list. I'm soo obessed with them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I wish I could have all PAs my character can use but since I'm limited to 36 PAs, I will get all melee PAs and few selected bullet PAs. I'm a fighgunner BTW.

Who is doing the same?

Treillerti
May 30, 2007, 12:48 AM
I'm like that too. . 'cept I'm also doing force techs. . kinda. . gives me something to do when I'm staring off in space.

Egg99
May 30, 2007, 12:51 AM
I really don't know what's wrong with you. I've leveled 6 techs to 21+ and I've already lost half my brain cells because of it. After I get Megid and Megiverse, I'm DONE.

But, if that's what you really enjoy, all the power to you I guess?

F-Gattaca
May 30, 2007, 12:51 AM
On 2007-05-29 22:47, Xenogamerx wrote:
I wish I could have all PAs my character can use

Heh, you should make an alt named Orochimaru devoted to that.

... *notices a big bulls-eye painted on his own chest* Eep.

Actually, I know how you feel about being obsessed with leveling PAs. For the past few weeks I was on just such a kick--I was loathe to learn any new PAs until I maxed the bulk of my current skills.

I'm pretty stingy with PAs, though ... depsite having maxed Guntecher, Fortegunner (and now Fighgunner), I only have nine PAs. I treat them like a huge investment even if I easily have the money and PA frags to buy as much as I want--if only because I know I'll be obsessively trying to max them out later on.

As it stands, all but one of my PAs are now at level 30, and that's my sole Grenade Launcher PA. I still have no idea how to easily level this--it's more of a pain than even rifle PAs!

Desecration
May 30, 2007, 12:55 AM
On 2007-05-29 22:47, Xenogamerx wrote:
I'm so obessed with them until the point when I maxed them, I refuse to use the PA again because there is other PA I have to level up. When All of my weapons PA are maxed, I just leave them in my PM and never touch them again because there's others I need to lvl up....

I know I could do more damage to monsters with my maxed PAs but I will not use them until I reach my goal to max out all of 36 arts in my PA list. I'm soo obessed with them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I wish I could have all PAs my character can use but since I'm limited to 36 PAs, I will get all melee PAs and few selected bullet PAs. I'm a fighgunner BTW.

Who is doing the same?

Im just like you man, right down to the letter, Im maxxing out all the PAs I can with my fortefighter, then im changing my class to fighgunner to finish my char off.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 30, 2007, 12:59 AM
Level my techs for me please >.>

... And all 32 PA bullets <.<;;

Treillerti
May 30, 2007, 01:13 AM
It's sad. . can't level anymore PA's until AoI comes out since 36 is the maxed. . and I'd hate for them to reset to 0.

Fulgore
May 30, 2007, 01:32 AM
UHHH...from what I heard the PA limit wont change....

....sucks, I know

Kimil
May 30, 2007, 01:37 AM
All My PAs Are maxed as a WT -_-; ... soooo, don't really have the option anymore >.>

Allison_W
May 30, 2007, 01:41 AM
I feel positively lazy. My main is an fF/PT at level 58, and she only has three PAs maxed (Spinning Break, Tornado Break, Dus Robado), two more near it (Dus Daggas, Anga Redda), and like one more in the lower or maybe middle 20s (Gravity Strike).

Though I suppose I do have three handgun bullets "maxed" as far as fF goes at 10.

Zarbolord
May 30, 2007, 01:50 AM
For my hunter I consider the PAs that need work for those who are under lvl 21. I lvl them all up to 21 then I bring as many weapons as PAs and just use the right one at the right time. For the WT, I just lvl everything tio 11. For fT and fG I just don't rly care about PAs, I use whats the best for the present situation (although my ice bullets r all maxed, I still use them for fire break...). Techs r hard to lvl, my fT only has about.... 4 over 21 = Foie, Diga, Gidiga, Radiga (yes I'm a ground fanatic, nosdiga lvl 20, argh!!!!). To be breif, I just let it go, I don't rly think about a PA until its like lvl 19.

Treillerti
May 30, 2007, 03:01 AM
Yea. . the limit won't change. . but the fact they erase to 0 when you replace it might. . Living the option you may get to level every PA .. at some point.

Chiba-kun
May 30, 2007, 05:19 AM
Would be nice if they added a......photon art storage system. Where instead of erasing photon arts you can store them so that you both keep the experience already on them aswell as not have to learn them again.

Dhylec
May 30, 2007, 08:05 AM
On 2007-05-30 03:19, Chiba-kun wrote:
Would be nice if they added a......photon art storage system. Where instead of erasing photon arts you can store them so that you both keep the experience already on them aswell as not have to learn them again.

This is said to be considered by ST for v2.

huntlyon
May 30, 2007, 08:10 AM
On 2007-05-29 23:37, Kimil wrote:
All My PAs Are maxed as a WT -_-; ... soooo, don't really have the option anymore >.>

right there with you.. and then I got a thinking about the new level caps with AoI and decided "might as well get everything ready ahead of time." As soon as firebreak is over, I'll be back to slumming in Linear Line as a FF and FT all for the sake of my WT

Akaimizu
May 30, 2007, 09:23 AM
I can't really say I'm obsessed with levelling up the PA arts. It's more of a necessity than an obsession. If I could get away with not doing so, I'd probably put more concentration in other areas of my character and/or the game.

ljkkjlcm9
May 30, 2007, 09:49 AM
I have 36 PAs, been here since day 1, and I just maxed my first PA over the long weekend. I use many different PAs, and now that I've maxed 2, I won't use them again. One of them happens to be Tornado dance, for all you haters(mostly leveled it on Goshin trying to get Deva) so you won't see me use that for a good while.

THE JACKEL

amtalx
May 30, 2007, 11:10 AM
I am similar. I only have 18 PAs and 5 of them are at 30. I will have polished off all my Shotgun bullets soon...

Grand_Rider
May 30, 2007, 11:10 AM
For me, it's bullets. I have all six elements for the handgun, twin handgun and mechgun, and I level them in order, from fire to dark then back again. Regardless of what I'm up against. It takes forever yet it guarantees that I'd eventually have all of the bullets at a high and (more importantly) equal level.

Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to break this habit, so often I'd be hosing down an S rank Jarba with LV1 Burning Fury or shooting a Volfu with Twin Plasma; purely because that was the current bullet I was raising at the time. Idiotic, I know. But the satisfaction of seeing all my skills rise evenly was too much to resist.

Six months later and I've just about finished; my handgun and twin handgun bullets are capped at 20 and my mechgun ones are around 17-18. So I haven't got long till I can just pack it in and make the most of the elemental damage bonuses.

Though on the other hand, for all the hassle my method has caused I've rarely seen other Figunners with a list of bullets as comprehensive as mine. *Shrug*.

When it comes to skills, I'm a little less eccentric. I'll apply a skill to a weapon and use it till it's maxed, swap it out for the next one up, if I like it, then repeat. I don't constantly spam skills when I'm in a mission, rather, I'll apply the skill to a full palette of the same type of weapon and unload in Linear Line or someplace else fairly easy to blast through in my own time.

biggabertha
May 30, 2007, 04:14 PM
Currently, I only have one PA that isn't above Lv. 11 and that's Rising Prism. Everything else is above Lv. 11 and six of my PAs are at Lv. 30. I really don't like using those that are at Lv. 30 but being a Protranser and not using Tornado Break/Rising Strike/Dus Robado when I should be makes me feel like a deadweight. Still, I never thought that my shotgun bullets would out-level my longbow bullets and I never thought that Dark Hit, would be my highest Bullet PA just because of the Halp Serafi hunting I did during Easter.

Grand_Rider, I used to do what you did as well until I saw people getting booted from using PAs that weren't helpful to the team. Heh, another reason why I like to solo/be team leader.

Inazuma
May 30, 2007, 06:42 PM
resta vahra FTW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i am currently at work, but my newman is leveling his rabarta as i type.

the first thing im gonna do when i get illuminus is max all techs to 40 on my main FT.

Grand_Rider
May 30, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-05-30 14:14, biggabertha wrote:
Grand_Rider, I used to do what you did as well until I saw people getting booted from using PAs that weren't helpful to the team. Heh, another reason why I like to solo/be team leader.

Yes, when I was receiving snide comments in random games for using Twin Burn against Onmagoug etc, it was a problem. Among my mates it wasn't even an issue though as some of them used ice or fire bullets no matter what they faced.

But back then, I'd rather use the wrong element/PA and gain some experience for it than use one I'd already capped ages ago. Fortunately that's all behind me now.

Finae
May 30, 2007, 07:44 PM
Used to be obsessed until I did technic leveling. If you want to kill your obsession, go level ALL technics to 30 lol. And make sure you start off with barta/zonde/megid. I nearly fell asleep trying just to get that crap to 11. Takes 34083480348 hours just to level them all to 11.

I rather do bullet leveling tbh. Feel sorry for forces who didn't level those technics when expansion comes. Good luck getting it to 40 LOL.

PALRAPPYS
May 30, 2007, 09:18 PM
Eh, who cares about 36 PA's. You have to switch them off so much sometimes it really bores.

Gib more palette space, and then we'll be talking. As a support force, I need more room to be able to attack too; I really hate only 6 spaces.

Arika
May 30, 2007, 09:29 PM
but sometimes, when people just selfish lving PA in a wrong place, it is very annoying.
like a ppl who prac barta in rainbow beast S2, while major in the party is trying to hunt item

it is better to ask other ppl in the team first, before you are starting to prac the low lv PA thing/or wrong element. sometimes they are rush to clear misssion!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-05-30 19:30 ]</font>

amtalx
May 30, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-05-30 19:18, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Eh, who cares about 36 PA's. You have to switch them off so much sometimes it really bores.

Gib more palette space, and then we'll be talking. As a support force, I need more room to be able to attack too; I really hate only 6 spaces.

YEEEEESS!! I desperately need more palette space. Although I would have preferred a radial system to the moving up and down like they have now. It makes it much easier to get from one end of your palette to another.