PDA

View Full Version : Sega's "PSU Texter": Device of Bafflement

AzureBlaze
May 30, 2007, 12:50 AM
Have you even SEEN this thing?

Apparently now Sega is trying to get PSU users on the 360 and PSU to get this "PSU Texter". It's some kind of...controller decal plus strange box cord jumper thing.

It is supposed to be used if you can't get a keyboard.
Wait. Why?
A Playstation 2 or 3 has a USB port (or more) on the front where you can plug in any USB keyboard, (or the powerboard which is only $11.00 right? Does the 360? It has an adapter that lets you plug ANY usb keyboard into a controller hole. People had to be typing on this thing somehow, didn't they? Doesn't pretty much EVERYbody have a keyboard at this point because USB Keyboards are like $9.99?

If you watch the video at http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_blueorb.php

You can see it in action. Apparently choosing among colored bands with one hand and then somehow scrolling through the corrasponding letters and numbers of that color bracket with the other lets you magically spell things fast?

But why?
I don't know. Maybe I'm trapped in the stone-age because I don't text 328257 times each day on a phone. What is your opinion on this device?

Also note:
They're throwing in all kinds of bonuses to try and lure you into buying it. The bonuses seem to be recycled art as 'stickers' and a coupon (?) for a free shirt. Fortunatly, the bonuses do not attract me enough to cause me to be sad that I don't want this strange technology.

However, I'm quite curious as to what everyone else thinks of this thing.

Retehi
May 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
I just have to say lol @ the HEL YEAH guy in the video.

Deja
May 30, 2007, 12:59 AM
haha from now on I'm saying HEL YEAH! It looks like utter crap to me, but I got a good laugh out of that.

Getintothegame
May 30, 2007, 01:00 AM
Oh my gosh, that was the funniest video I have seen in a while. I actually thought it was a spoof for awhile. "CANT TYPEFA-" and next frame they fixed it.

TALKING ABOUT THE SCENERY:
"wow"

And HEL YEH! Not only that, I mean, give yourself a week with the On screen keyboard and you'll be better than that.

Yeah, I saw the thing the other day, but that's way inconvenient for when you're fighting a boss and you can't move. But then again, I guess that's what shortcuts are for...

I'll still probably get it just for kicks anyway.

EDIT: $40!?!?! Are you KIDDING ME?!
EDIT2: And it ships June 26th.
EDIT3: Also, yeah. I couldn't find a USB Keyboard for less than $20 personally, but thinking back, I did get a USB Keyboard for PS2 for less than $10. I think most would rather stick with USB Keyboards, but that's me. I bet some people will get this and like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-05-29 23:08 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
May 30, 2007, 01:04 AM
At first I wondered... "Wait a sec. That music background did not fit in with the first area that they've shown."
Then I realize that it was just going to loop throughout the video.

"Hello"

"WUD UP"

"Life"

"HEL YEH"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-05-29 23:08 ]</font>

Scion
May 30, 2007, 01:05 AM
It's suddenly reminding me of an episode of The Boondocks.

Lawl, texting...

Allison_W
May 30, 2007, 01:06 AM
I saw that, too.

My thoughts:

http://sc.tri-bit.com/Cat_Wtfits

Scion
May 30, 2007, 01:07 AM
On 2007-05-29 23:06, Allison_W wrote:
I saw that, too.

My thoughts:

http://sc.tri-bit.com/Cat_Wtfits

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

F-Gattaca
May 30, 2007, 01:07 AM
Wouldn't on-screen keyboards be as much of a hassle during bosses? Heck, even stopping to type as a PC user can be life threatening. I can't count how many times I got pegged by the S-rank Vanda's superdigaspellthatican'trememberthepropernamefor while I was attempting to type something out.

I don't know--Texters for game console controllers might actually be useful ... but for $40? And if current consoles have USB ports, why not just package the game with a dvorak-style keyboard?

Still, I gotta say, this had me cracking up:

"this planet makes me hungry" ... On G Colony.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-05-29 23:09 ]</font>

Shou
May 30, 2007, 01:08 AM
I LOLed at the vidoe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck_Norris
May 30, 2007, 01:12 AM
wow, that thing looks......well i wont say, I'LL HAVE THIS DO IT FOR ME

http://www.laserstorm.org/national/images/wtf.gif

Kimil
May 30, 2007, 01:35 AM
... Lol sega
( ._. ) -> ( >_>) -> (<_< ) -> ( -_-;)

Sekani
May 30, 2007, 01:43 AM
I can't believe some of the stuff that actually made it into that video... just LOL.

Anyway yes, the 360 does have multiple USB ports, and most people just buy a $9 keyboard for chatting. This thing... I watched the video twice and still can't figure out what it's supposed to do.

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2007, 02:05 AM
On 2007-05-29 23:07, F-Gattaca wrote:

dvorak-style keyboard?

...Because 99.9% of typers use Qwerty? Fuck, I've tried learning Dvorak since my dad uses it so I don't have to change the language all the damn time and it's still hopeless. XD

But yeah. Stupid thingie is stupid. What's wrong with a keyboard? O-o

PMB960
May 30, 2007, 02:53 AM
On 2007-05-29 23:05, Hikaru-san wrote:

Lawl, texting...

LOL. Well it doesn't plug into a printer so it must be ...... technology.

ashley50
May 30, 2007, 02:59 AM
Cheap USB Keyboard for PS2> PSU Texter

Chuck_Norris
May 30, 2007, 03:32 AM
heh ya see when on LL or what ever mission they're doing, someone says "oh noes theres more that way" XD!

RFB
May 30, 2007, 03:40 AM
"on noes more down there" I almost rofl'ed in the middle of class XD worthless piece of sheit that
1)Is more expensive than a USB keyboard which you could also use for your PC
2)Forces you to have your controller wired. Noone shall take the wireless goodness from meh!

Sinue_v2
May 30, 2007, 05:08 AM
The only thing that fails harder than that device, is anyone who buy it as anything but a "WTF Novelty".

jayster
May 30, 2007, 05:54 AM
The only reason I would get it is because I like to lay on my bed while playing but my keyboard doesn't reach me.

Chiba-kun
May 30, 2007, 06:06 AM
Id go with a wireless usb keyboard long before i gave up and bought one of those things....But then again i play online with the pc version so yeah...i dont have to worry bout keyboard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Reginaldo
May 30, 2007, 06:12 AM
XD, someone managed to slip in "omfg bubbles" in the vid.

Kent
May 30, 2007, 06:15 AM
Well, for one, 360 users having to type for communication in-game is a little ridiculous on its own. Odds are, if you have a 360, you have a headset to go with it... and talking is faster and more efficient than stopping to type something.

And then you have the upcoming Chatpad contrller attachment for the 360, for those of us who don't want to put the controller down to type - a much better alternative to this ... "PSU Texter."

http://juliankay.com/blogstuff/chatpad.jpg

Ash1ey
May 30, 2007, 06:22 AM
I want the shirt they offer after you order it, but no way I'm buying that thing. No way.

Also wtf @ it lolol

Chiba-kun
May 30, 2007, 06:25 AM
If i was on the 360 i would use that chat pad controller long before i settled for that stupid texter lol. The chat pad is actually kinda kool in my opinion, i might look into getting an xbox 360 controller for my pc and trying out that chat pad for the pc version of psu.

Kuya
May 30, 2007, 07:49 AM
I participated in testing for the texter technology and I the first thing I asked was "Why not get a keyboard?" Then they told me about the space it takes up, those with disabilities, and some other crap. The only thing I got from the testing was some free game time at one of my local joints. Bah.

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 07:58 AM
Okay who convinced them to put that gag vid up?

Was it your idea Chuck Norris?

Dragon_Knight
May 30, 2007, 08:00 AM
I can't imagine too many people wanting this thing....I guess thats why they tried to show as little of it in operation as possible. I play on the PC so obviously I don't have an issue stopping for a few seconds to type things out. But how they hell do you know what color band has what letter? I didnt see any markings on it. And what was the black circle on the right thumbstick with the lettering around it? Instant words?

But all things aside....if it is ment for people people with space problems.....you need to consider cleaning up....if its those with disablitlies....its not going to help the people I know type faster (hell ONE hand is compeltely gimped and you made it for HER?!)...

Point is Keyboards are ftw and therefor are much > then that damnedable texter.

Eliash
May 30, 2007, 08:01 AM
I want one...but I wouldn't buy it for fear of being laughed at...besides being able to type around 70 WPM is a bit better than that controller IMO.

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
On a more serious note.

Why even get the texter? It seems actually rather useless to me.

Usb keyboards>>>>>>>texter.

Arika
May 30, 2007, 09:12 AM
he said..... bunny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif ?

Dragwind
May 30, 2007, 09:13 AM
Uhh, I watched this video at least 20 times by now. I can't stop laughing, and feeling disgusted altogether. I was going to ramble at least 2 paragraphs, but I think all my points have already been made clear. So, this idea is complete FAIL.

"WUD UP"

If you see me around, you better say WUD UP to me lol

HEP2O
May 30, 2007, 09:23 AM
wants the t-shirt...

Serephim
May 30, 2007, 09:28 AM
All i have to say is L M A O @ sega's retarded idea of not getting Sega employees to shoot the video.

Now every parent is going to know their playing a game full of "WUT UP" and "HEL YEAH"

That video made me laugh so hard, mostly because its on the OFFICAL site.

omegapirate2k
May 30, 2007, 09:28 AM
Indeed, USB keyboards are far greater than that piece of crap weird device.

Niered
May 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
Silly Sonic Team! April fools was 2 months ago!
Oh fuck, your for serious?

No really, I can see this being useful MAYBE to PS2 owners, but 360? No. Theres absolutely no reason whatsoever for this. Apart from getting any number of cool swag, I wouldnt even consider buying this dumb thing.

HOWEVER. It has got me thinking. Now this IS a long shot, and theres a 99% chance theres no way it would happen, but perhaps theyre trying to standardize text, and phase out voice chat? Why would they do that? Well, thats the biggest difference between the 360 and PC/PS2 servers isnt it? It would be the first thing youd need to figure out before merging them...

Like I said, unlikely, but it is a valid theory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-05-30 07:53 ]</font>

Niered
May 30, 2007, 10:24 AM
d00dz, d00dz, chek out mah signatoor.

P.S. Sorry for the double post, but it is rather relevant.

fumatanera
May 30, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-05-29 23:05, Hikaru-san wrote:

Lawl, texting...

bitches love smiley faces

Kylie
May 30, 2007, 10:56 AM
Seems like a waste of a project. Like the original poster said, keyboards are inexpensive and easy to obtain, and I would surely want one over some built in texter thingy.

LOL I JUST NOTICED THERE'S A VIDEO!

XD XD XD Whoever made that... oh my gosh, this has got to be a joke. I love how it makes it seem like the guy was bullied before for not having a keyboard, then he looks all cool and confident with the TEXTER. That guy that is with him is even like, "WUD UP."

amtalx
May 30, 2007, 11:06 AM
I'm so getting this. Its going right next to my Power Glove, Activator, and R.O.B.

Deus-Irae
May 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-05-30 08:24, Niered wrote:

you spelled YEH wrong.

Jife_Jifremok
May 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
I think I understand how this thing works...but, there's really no reason to. Holding "up" on the left analog probably allows the right analog to do "abcde" ("up" on right analog for A, "upright" for B and so on) with "upright" on the left analog being "fghi" for right analog, etc. (I don't know the details but think I have a good guess on the jist.)

Keyboards are still faster unless you're typing in the dark. And even then, wouldn't darkness make it hard to see the colored bands? I'd imagine even more incomprehensible typos as a result of imprecise anaog movements when trying to "text" fast.

Niered
May 30, 2007, 11:11 AM
On 2007-05-30 09:07, Deus-Irae wrote:

On 2007-05-30 08:24, Niered wrote:

you spelled YEH wrong.

Wai-whu- DAMMIT.

-_-* im too lazy to change it now.

Luffia
May 30, 2007, 12:17 PM
On the bottom it says: "This product will not function with any wireless control device, including the Official Xbox 360™ Wireless Controller"... I thought this thing goes on the controller? or does it come with the controller and its built in?

Regardless I won't even consider buying this piece of sh*t ... unless Sega offered me a Psycho Wand for buying it... Maybe...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luffia on 2007-05-30 10:18 ]</font>

Pentence
May 30, 2007, 12:32 PM
OK this thing might have been interesting IF THEY IMPLIMENTED IT IN THE GAMES SOFTWARE.I mean seriously the concept is ACUTALY not to bad.Its a bit like a cell phone it seems.Only instead of repeating buton presses to switch letters one stick hilglights 1-4 and the second stick selects the letter group.Thing is if this came with the games software then the sticker was in the games box this idea may have made alot of people happy.

Bottom line neat idea ,terrible timeing.Include it with the expansions software and it will make everyone happy.

Subestimado
May 30, 2007, 01:28 PM
"Hello"

"WUD UP"

"Life"

"HEL YEH"

Is the 360 community like that!?

OMG....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subestimado on 2007-05-30 11:29 ]</font>

Eliash
May 30, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-05-30 11:28, Subestimado wrote:

"Hello"
"WUD UP"
"Life"
"HEL YEH"

Is the 360 community like that!?
OMG....

I'm sure you can find people like that anywhere. For the most part there is a crowd that can't spell a word correctly and like 1337 speak, but they are avoidable. You can tell because their names are usually some form of "Sephiroth".

PALRAPPYS
May 30, 2007, 01:57 PM
The funniest part is when there was that talking at the Guardians Colony at that one part... I was there. O.o

I didn't pass by over there, though. I just remember that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

chibiLegolas
May 30, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-05-30 10:32, Pentence wrote:
OK this thing might have been interesting IF THEY IMPLIMENTED IT IN THE GAMES SOFTWARE.I mean seriously the concept is ACUTALY not to bad.Its a bit like a cell phone it seems.Only instead of repeating buton presses to switch letters one stick hilglights 1-4 and the second stick selects the letter group.Thing is if this came with the games software then the sticker was in the games box this idea may have made alot of people happy.

Bottom line neat idea ,terrible timeing.Include it with the expansions software and it will make everyone happy.

Agree. Some way to obmit the clunky keyboard from your normal controller would be nice. And it seems strange now, but maybe texting would be quick once you get the hang of it. Same goes with learning Word Select from PSO. It's just terrible timing since most ppl are used to (or already have) a USB keyboard and wouldn't bother. Plus the price tag isn't cheap enough for ppl to want to experiment with.

I tell ya though. I'd buy this once it's in the bargain bin, just to test it out since I'm one of the rare souls out there on PS2 with no keyboard.

Or better yet, include this as an optional bundle with IoA when it hits shelves, like others had suggested.

Mutt12
May 30, 2007, 05:28 PM
Ye gods... Seventy bucks is not worth it. I think I'll stick to my thirty dollar Logitech Netplay PS2 controller...

AC9breaker
May 30, 2007, 05:57 PM
This message board makes me hungry.

Lonzell
May 30, 2007, 06:06 PM
wow and here ive just been using a usb keyboard. silly me.

Niered
May 30, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-05-30 16:06, Lonzell wrote:
wow and here ive just been using a usb keyboard. silly me.

Indeed, join teh futar of txting an b blone awai by teh amzaing comunikashunal skillz tht r PSYOU.

DreamLocke
May 30, 2007, 06:19 PM
"hello"
"WUD UP"
"life"
"HEL YEH"

lmfao priceless. I should sig this...

DurakkenX
May 30, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-05-30 11:57, PALRAPPYS wrote:
The funniest part is when there was that talking at the Guardians Colony at that one part... I was there. O.o

I didn't pass by over there, though. I just remember that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

should have ran over and been like "get a fuggin keyboard idiot! It's cheaper!"

epr18
May 30, 2007, 06:29 PM
funny video but dont see why anyone would use it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: epr18 on 2007-05-30 16:31 ]</font>

vfloresjr24
May 30, 2007, 09:53 PM
As weird as it my look and sound, I think its interesting since I don't have a keyboard that would be somewhat helpful.

Omega_Weltall
May 30, 2007, 10:14 PM
you know.. i didn't laugh at Sega for this... I was just sad for them, Sega.. oh how the mighty have fallen... I mean really, who thought this was a good idea?! I hope the guy who thought of this gets fired, out of a cannon!

Deja
May 30, 2007, 10:40 PM
I can't wait to get my text on. I will buy it just to type out "HEL YEH" then trash it.

Fulgore
May 30, 2007, 11:09 PM
Don't know what to tell the PS2 players except stick with your keyboards BUT for us 360 people I have an Awesome Tip!

When it "Eventually" Comes out their is this Attachment for the 360 Controller that plugs into the lower half of the controller Seamlessly and is a Full QWERTY Keyboard (like you see on cell phones) Sooo.....that is what I'm gonna get and you don't have to know a Code or Learn to use it......it simply has all the letters, number, etc all easy to use and right below your thumbs! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'd find a pic but if you Google it you will see pics of what I mean

DurakkenX
May 31, 2007, 12:05 AM
You know despite it being a bad idea to begin with they made it unbuyable by many many many men who play PSU by the shear fruitiness of it... Hey look at my rainbow controller!

HyperShot-X-
May 31, 2007, 01:14 AM
...what a shockingly funny video indeed, u know as i watch it over again n again i think they intentionally did that to make it interesting... for the 1st ever official Sega product under PSU franchise, at least it's original i'd say. There will be ppl buying the package for one reason or the other i imagine...

"hello"
"WUD UP"
"got my PSU texter finally"
"HEL YEH ME 2"

LOL

Garnet_Moon
May 31, 2007, 01:16 AM
If I got one it'd be for the shirt, and nothing more. Well, screw that, i've got plenty of hi-res Karen pics... i'll just take them out and have them made into shirts. That'll cost, what, $10? Yeah, I think i'll do that.

AC9breaker
May 31, 2007, 01:39 AM
I gotta say though, I really gotta give it to sega for this video. They really kept it real and just went out there. I never would have expected something like this. Sega is now realer then them Dipset hustlers. ;o

Longtail
May 31, 2007, 11:00 AM
That was awsome. The most unawesome kind of awesome.

panzer_unit
May 31, 2007, 01:36 PM
Text-message type input isn't bad if a keyboard isn't an option, my problem is paying $40 for what SHOULD just be set up in software. What the hell is with that?

Props to Sega on that ad video. Talk about keeping it real.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 01:41 PM
I oove how it costs $40, when you can get a nice USB keyboard for just $20. ;]

Niered
May 31, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-05-31 11:41, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I oove how it costs $40, when you can get a nice USB keyboard for just $20. ;]

BLASPHEMIES! STOP TARNISHING THE GOOD NAME OF THE BLUE ORB TEXTER! THE TEXTER IS CIVILIZATION.

But yah, in all seriousness, that marketing ploy makes 0 sense. And on top of that, I dont have to order the the keyboard, I can just run to wal-mart if Im so compelled, and pick up a keyboard there.

Seriously, did the same guy that came up with the idea of giving Shadow the Hedgehog his own game come up with this as well?

Sinue_v2
May 31, 2007, 01:55 PM
What happens when Keeping it Real goes wrong...

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 02:00 PM
Seriously, did the same guy that came up with the idea of giving Shadow the Hedgehog his own game come up with this as well?

Nah it was probably the same guy that decided it would be a good idea to make another "nights" game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chiba-kun on 2007-05-31 12:01 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 02:04 PM
Now why they made this thing, AFTER this thing was out is beyond me. :/

http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/xbox360/xbox360_qwertyaddon_02.jpg

Niered
May 31, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-05-31 12:00, Chiba-kun wrote:

Nah it was probably the same guy that decided it would be a good idea to make another "nights" game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chiba-kun on 2007-05-31 12:01 ]</font>

All I can say to the nights comment is, dont knock it til it comes out. I have high hopes for it, and I dont see any reason so far why it should suck. Especially considering the original is still one of my top 10 favorite games ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-05-31 12:09 ]</font>

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 02:10 PM
Ahh just differences in taste, i wasnt fond of the first one.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah, wait 'till it's out to mock it, dood.

A2K
May 31, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-05-31 11:52, Niered wrote:
BLASPHEMIES! STOP TARNISHING THE GOOD NAME OF THE BLUE ORB TEXTER! THE TEXTER IS CIVILIZATION.

But yah, in all seriousness, that marketing ploy makes 0 sense. And on top of that, I dont have to order the the keyboard, I can just run to wal-mart if Im so compelled, and pick up a keyboard there.

In all likelihood, Blue Orb (or whatever the company's name is) probably just showed up on Sega's doorstep and said "slap PSU logos on this and we'll give you money."

Sychosis
May 31, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-05-31 15:24, A2K wrote:
In all likelihood, Blue Orb (or whatever the company's name is) probably just showed up on Sega's doorstep and said "slap PSU logos on this and we'll give you money."

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Probly.

Mutt12
May 31, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-05-31 12:04, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Now why they made this thing, AFTER this thing was out is beyond me. :/
http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/xbox360/xbox360_qwertyaddon_02.jpg

Ew... that thing gives me flashbacks of This monstrousity (http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/images/ps2_itype2.jpg) for the Ps2. The Nyko iType was horrid... I used it for almost three months on FFXI before I decided to get my beloved Logitech Netplay (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-NetPlay-Controller-Sony-Playstation/dp/B00006SKJ4), which has been my best friend when it came to online Ps2 games. It's one of the most comfortable, ergonomic controller/keyboard combos next to the import Ascii keyboard controller for the Gamecube (which I used to use on GC PSO, but now only used to write letters in Animal Crossing).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mutt12 on 2007-05-31 17:17 ]</font>

XFoxPrower
May 31, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'm happy that I found a STANDARD USB wired keyboard. These things are pretty rare these days. It's like most keyboards have to have their own retarded gimmick, such as renaming the "enter" key to "return" and making it take up 3 spaces, move or remove the backspace key, make the delete key take up 2 spaces and make that island vertical, change the order or layout the arrows appear, remove the numpad, put a key called "power" where prtscrn belongs to immediately screw you and lose all unsaved data, etc. Not even Wiki has a name for this madness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Feelmirath
May 31, 2007, 07:30 PM
For the first time ever, I laughed at Sega.
HEL YEH

Sinue_v2
May 31, 2007, 07:33 PM
Those NetPlays are pretty nice. I wouldn't necessarily get one for the PS2, since the USB ports allow for cheaper solutions which are just as easy to use. Though I did have the NGC ASCII Controller Keyboard since there was really no other option. A bit small, and cramped, but comfortable and better than the software keyboard.

I used to play with the person who created the Indiglow NGC Keyboard adaptor. He made quite a bit of money with that, but unfortunately I meet him until after I had bought my ASCII.

Fulgore
May 31, 2007, 07:46 PM
I actually think it would be cool to be able to learn to use SEGA's new device effectively...as not many people would be able to I'm sure.... Once people have em they should post how they handle/operate and if they are more of a pain than a pleasure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If I had a PS2 I'd get SEGA's device, since that QWERTY will be coming for the 360 I'll hold off for that......but if I had extra Dough I'd get SEGA's just for the extra's they are throwing in....shirt, etc

ZEO_X
Jun 2, 2007, 03:29 PM
"Hello"

Eleina
Jun 2, 2007, 03:41 PM
Wow i'm so getting that!!!!!!!!!
Wait i'm on PC good i have USB sockets!!!!

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 2, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-05-30 00:05, Ian-KunX wrote:
But yeah. Stupid thingie is stupid. What's wrong with a keyboard? O-o

It's not sold by SEGA

ShinAnt
Jun 2, 2007, 05:29 PM
CANT TYPE FAST
CANT TYPE FAST
CANT TYPE FAST

Niered
Jun 2, 2007, 05:31 PM
I should totally try fucking with this things mind. Ill go out and buy the 360 version of this, for my 360 controller. Catch is, the controller is connected to my PC, playing the PC/PS2 version of the game using drivers for the 360 hardware.

*HEAD ASPLODE*

Lykos
Jun 2, 2007, 07:53 PM
Oh my god. This is hilarious. I was walking around Raffon, only to see someone say "WUD UP". Hoping this was the same guy, I responded "life". He goes, "HEL YEH", and I'm basically laughing my pants off. He says "LATER", and runs off to his room. I check his name before he goes; MAGNUM. I get on my computer to see if he had any relation to who was in the video. I watch it, and what do you know, it was MAGNUM who was in the video. Yeah, I'm geeking out over something small, but I find it pretty hilariously awesome.

Korokodo13
Jun 2, 2007, 08:37 PM
Lol, I set all my shortcuts to those and im going around saying "WUD UP", "LIFE", LATER, and "HEL YEH"!!

Otis_Kat
Jun 2, 2007, 08:41 PM
"Now Available in Special Edition Packaging"

Sounds like they never plan on you using it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Jun 2, 2007, 09:15 PM
That doesn'y speak well for it that they're advertising that they have special packaging. :/