PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here Synthed and failed an S rank? *update* My me

Nuclearranger
May 30, 2007, 09:15 AM
I traided my deva board for the (B) Meteorcannon.

Its only got a 75% chance of success! Now I know thats alot compaired to other things but really if this fails thats soooooo much down the drain...

I dont know.... has anyone failed an S rank?

Post your sobing stories here..

Oh and please no "Iv been looking for an S rank for weeks" posts.

I know there are alot of you out there too.... Its fine but just not the topic for it.

Well it failed... and shortly after I lost all 10 of my phantoms and now im out of meseta.... lol what a day..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NuclearRanger on 2007-05-31 07:24 ]</font>

Golto
May 30, 2007, 09:24 AM
I have a friend who failed 85% chance in making a Sweet Death. I also know someone who failed 56% chance to make a Storm Line.

omegapirate2k
May 30, 2007, 09:24 AM
Heh, my friend failed his halarod synth, funny shit.

Nuclearranger
May 30, 2007, 09:28 AM
Ill know at 8Pm tongiht..

Alkaar
May 30, 2007, 09:31 AM
I failed a Sweet Death synth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Couldn't believe that 15% chance of failure was a success. But the next day I found another Sweet Death board... that one was successful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ljkkjlcm9
May 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
I gave two S rank boards to my friend DJ Skyepic, because he had pure PMs and I don't.... he failed both(I should note based on the percentages, the chance of failing BOTH was 3.75%). I've also failed 2 Crea Doubles synths in the past.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-05-30 08:41 ]</font>

kevington
May 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
A friend of mine failed a Halarod in a pure tech PM :/

Umberger
May 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
I know someone who has failed 2 Halarod synths. And this is/was before Mad Beasts S2. He was a very unpleasant person to be around for quite some time. =p

JAFO22000
May 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
I've been looking for an S rank for weeks....

ljkkjlcm9
May 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
On 2007-05-30 09:14, JAFO22000 wrote:

here's a tip, don't get too excited when an S rank board drops. Wait til you synth it and it works first...

THE JACKEL

Shiryuu
May 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-05-30 07:15, NuclearRanger wrote:

I dont know.... has anyone failed an S rank?

Failed 5 Crea Doubles tries before. :/

JAFO22000
May 30, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-05-30 09:16, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

here's a tip, don't get too excited when an S rank board drops. Wait til you synth it and it works first...

THE JACKEL

Oh, I'm way past the point where I will get excited if I get an S rank drop.

ljkkjlcm9
May 30, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-05-30 09:26, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-05-30 09:16, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Oh, I'm way past the point where I will get excited if I get an S rank drop.

well I'm sorry for you, because that also means if you fail you're synth, you'll be way past the point of going ape-shit

THE JACKEL

kyle21
May 30, 2007, 11:49 AM
I failed a crea saber at 89%...

Eliash
May 30, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-05-30 07:51, kevington wrote:
A friend of mine failed a Halarod in a pure tech PM :/

Lies! That's my friend not yours! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

JAFO22000
May 30, 2007, 12:01 PM
On 2007-05-30 09:30, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
well I'm sorry for you, because that also means if you fail you're synth, you'll be way past the point of going ape-shit

THE JACKEL

I would expect nothing less!

THE JAFO

Eleina
May 30, 2007, 12:26 PM
I made 2 Two headed Ragnus's with success http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif 0 failure!!! (ok the %'s where 20 and 12 but it's still better than a monomate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Skids
May 30, 2007, 02:00 PM
Heres my story. Well I just change back from fighgunner after maxing out foretfigher and decided to hunt some s ranks on mad creature S2. I join with a party and the first full run we do togtehrer I get the sweat death board since rares were set on random. Gorup is in hsock. I'm in hsock and we decide to do it again. and I got jynx in the good way with someone saying change the rare setting or I'll get another S rank board. Well the leader doesn't change the setting and I get another S rank board. The stormline board.

So I have two s rank boards to synth. I don't have an armor pm and not all materials for the stormline. So I decided to make the armor pm unit while I track done synth material. Which will be easy to do with the help from fire break bonus. Since it be easier to make with cheap cast parts at 50% off. But I did have a pure stike pm and after getting the last of material I needed for the sweat death which I was lucky at the time to have everything minus to 2 synth materials. I go to make. After 24 hours of waiting. I get a group friend to show up. In plannign to show off the new sweat death in a mission. Instead i get a very expensive monomate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Heres the pics!

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/Skids40578/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe%20Screenshots/Miscellaneous%20/S%20Ranks/

imfanboy
May 30, 2007, 05:28 PM
Skids is one of two people I know that failed their Sweet Death synths on the same day, within hours of each other.

Kinda funny, that... they should have just given the boards to me! j/k

ZodiacNKnight
May 30, 2007, 05:33 PM
My question is: Does the PM fail the synthesis and as a result turns your S-rank into a Monomate or does she just give you one out of pity?

February
May 30, 2007, 05:36 PM
Crea Doubles is all I've made, and luckily, it did not fail.

I'm sure my next S Rank will. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shiryuu
May 30, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-05-30 12:00, Skids wrote:
Heres my story. Well I just change back from fighgunner after maxing out foretfigher and decided to hunt some s ranks on mad creature S2. I join with a party and the first full run we do togtehrer I get the sweat death board since rares were set on random. Gorup is in hsock. I'm in hsock and we decide to do it again. and I got jynx in the good way with someone saying change the rare setting or I'll get another S rank board. Well the leader doesn't change the setting and I get another S rank board. The stormline board.

So I have two s rank boards to synth. I don't have an armor pm and not all materials for the stormline. So I decided to make the armor pm unit while I track done synth material. Which will be easy to do with the help from fire break bonus. Since it be easier to make with cheap cast parts at 50% off. But I did have a pure stike pm and after getting the last of material I needed for the sweat death which I was lucky at the time to have everything minus to 2 synth materials. I go to make. After 24 hours of waiting. I get a group friend to show up. In plannign to show off the new sweat death in a mission. Instead i get a very expensive monomate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Heres the pics!

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/Skids40578/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe%20Screenshots/Miscellaneous%20/S%20Ranks/

Wasn't I in that party?

Anyways, luck always finds a way to balance things out.

TakunfF
May 30, 2007, 06:07 PM
So back in the day I was doing some Rainbow Beast S2 runs. Somehow I got lucky enough to get the [B] Deva-zashi. I had no intentions on making it, as I was a fortefighter and couldn't use it, so I wanted to trade it. I couldn't find anyone to trade it with, but somone offered to trade a completed Deva-zashi for a completed Fuka-Misaki. I agreed to this, and after i found all the synth materials I needed, I began to make it.

Needless to say it failed, and I was sad.

AxelgearVII
May 30, 2007, 06:15 PM
A day that shall live in infamy. A friend failed a Crea Doubles synth for me with his pure Striking PM. I got a dimate. It shall be missed.

ShadowDragon28
May 30, 2007, 06:35 PM
If I ever found an S-rank board I really wanted (like the Tyrant Sparda)

This is what I would do so the synthing would succeed:

I would pray to Hephaestus the Greek God of Forging, get a coin pick a side, call a side (i.e. heads: the weapon synth will succeed tails: it won't ), flip it and if it lands face up the side I called that's a very good sign to me.

Then I will *believe* with all my Willpower that the wep being synthed *will* succeed. And then pray to Hephaestus once more, then go to take out weapon once it's done.

So far this little ritual has worked for me when my PM has lvl 1~3 Holy Light fortune or my male Cast's has some Holy Light Fortune (whom has the pure Strike PM) and then sything B & A rank weps with a 48% ~ 51% chancee of success. *knocks on wood*

I never start to synth any wep when either my male Cast or PM have zero Fortune. I don't give a F**k if Holy Light Fortune may or may not have "nothing" to do with synthing success.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-05-30 16:41 ]</font>

Pengfishh
May 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
A friend, a darling friend at that, sold me his Deva-zashi board today. It'll finish cooking by tomorrow, of course, but I am both excited and afraid. I am excited because I think it will come out 50% Ice, and afraid that it will fail. Considering my bumbling in the kitchen lately, I'm scared that this somehow translates to them game and...

It'll be fine.

Kabuto
May 30, 2007, 09:53 PM
I failed a stormline, and a halarod >_>, luckily my shi-kikami and fuka-misaki came out ^_^

Saigan
May 30, 2007, 11:45 PM
I'm terrified to attempt my Baji-Senba... and I mean scared silly.

MSNEWBOOTY
May 31, 2007, 04:12 AM
I failed 2 Halarods and a Fuka Misaki last week *tear drop*.

Micki_Monday
May 31, 2007, 05:56 AM
My PM's totally failed a Sweet Death and a Halarod XP
Marsh still wants to torture and kill my strike PM (GUM!) for the loss of the Sweet Death..

Starrz
May 31, 2007, 07:32 AM
http://psutopia.com/uploadr/view/226

Nuclearranger
May 31, 2007, 09:21 AM
My cannon failed..

Luffia
May 31, 2007, 09:47 AM
1/3 on Halarod lol... failed one back when you could only get them from Demon's Above S. Then Pulled one out on The 2nd day after Rainbow Beast S2 and Mad Beasts S2 came out, then like 2-3 days ago i spent 3,500,000 on a [B] Halarod...and yeah.. I'd like to know how my bot cant tell the difference of a Halarod and a Dimate... Well, she took mine and i took hers, PM Device 452 >:D

Edit: ... oh, i failed to mention i pulled The last one out on 3* Luck... F*ck you Sega

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luffia on 2007-05-31 07:57 ]</font>

Eleina
May 31, 2007, 12:36 PM
Ppl should let my Pm's synth their S rank weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif... 2 out of 2 so far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif..Meh if you want me to try seek me online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F-Gattaca
May 31, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'll say it again: It'd be nice if Photon Fortune played a hand in increasing synth success rates. I'd say this even with AoI's shot in the arm for synthing. (It DOES get a boost, right?)

RegulusHikari
May 31, 2007, 02:41 PM
Ouch, you guys have some serious rough luck, and after 85~ solos, I better not be in for it too.

I'm sure my next S Rank will.

However, this is pretty much the way I've been looking at it too. I figure eventually I'm going to find myself with a broken weapon and the urge to throw small woodland creatures out windows. Might as well prepare for the worst.

But... it better not be this time. >.>;

In two hours I pull out my Ragnus, and I might just be joining you guys in the loser's circle. :/

I never understood why they didn't just keep the board use on a failure or even penalize you by delaying the amount of time until you can synth again. Like, say I break a 10*, I have to wait 24 hours after the break to try at it again. That's certainly better than finding yourself with three weeks of wasted runs and more Par Ebon that you know what to do with.

ShadowDragon28
May 31, 2007, 02:52 PM
I pray all S-Rank Boards get a 98% chance of success rate in pure Strike PM's in AoI. The boards are so damn
rare and drop rate for them atrociously low.

At least grinding won't destroy the wep your grinding if the upgrade fails. And it better be/stay that way in the
release version of AoI.

RegulusHikari
May 31, 2007, 04:38 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/Regulus_stopusingmyname/PSU/psu20070601_063316_003.jpg

All is right with the world.

I must say I can sympathize with your misfortunes. Personally, I'd take it as a "Well, my next one HAS to work". Good luck to all of your future synths.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 31, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-05-30 07:46, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I gave two S rank boards to my friend DJ Skyepic, because he had pure PMs and I don't.... he failed both
(I should note based on the percentages, the chance of failing BOTH was 3.75%).
I've also failed 2 Crea Doubles synths in the past.

THE JACKEL
If I had the will to, "I" wouldn't have failed both. Don't put the blame on me.
Synthesising items with the "opportunity" to fail isn't what some would actually want to do.
Me failing the items is impossible since I don't have that kind of ability to do so.

I've stated to you before the "What if it failed" towards you.
There was trust only with the PM's ability to succeed the items and your trust to me to give
those to you when they have been completed.

Though the board were given to me to synthed, I used my own materials to synthesize
for you through my own kindness.
I didn't even ask if you were going to give any materials to add into the process.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20070527_024332_050.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20070527_024417_051.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20070527_024145_047.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20070527_024204_048.jpg

I even stated that I'll help you find the board once this event is over since
I'll be back to hunting Uransura and Baji soon again
which is one of the main reasons why I'm leveling a new alt character...
Just don't go around putting the blame on me and ranting it towards my friends.

I keep logs of synthesis for people so that I know what I've done and so I wouldn't forget.

Synthesis Success/failures

Ryuki:

~Weapon:
Twin Crea Daggers: 1/-
*90% success
*24% Light
*was given 7 kubara wood to help start synthesis

Blanky:

~Weapon:
Alteric Bow: 1/-
*60% success
*was given 3 Kubara wood to help start synthesis

Ryoki:

~Weapon:
Pistororec: 1/-
*61% success

Reina Takahashi:

~Weapon:
Lidara: 1/-
*56% success

Delsaber:

~Weapon:
Granaradoc: 2/3
*78% success

Jackel:

~Weapon:
Deva-Zashi: -/1
*85% success
*Used my own materials for synthesis.

Uransura: -/1
*75% success
*Used my own materials for synthesis.

...But level 90 is coming up soon and I'll be having another level race with some friends, so hunting for those items might take a while.

haruna
May 31, 2007, 05:47 PM
My pure tech bot Yue has made 5 halarods in a row(2 for H, 1 for El, 1 for Eo, 1 for me.) But she bricks 90% Rodocs left and right...Blarg, although my wallet can sure use the Rodoc +5 income. The only real Un-brickable S-rank is the Halp Serafi. I went completely psycho looking for one since unlike the other S-ranks, Halp Board = Dagger.

Here's my group's list of bricked synths:
-Halarod x 2(El made a techbot of his own. It hates him. Maybe Yue might have made em? Who knows...)
-Fuka Misaki(MMD's pure striker hates the world.)
-Crea Doubles. I'll never see one again, probably. I asked my friend to make it Neutral too in his pure striker. To kiss my ***, at least I got a phat % on my Halp. Still, Crea Doubles make me a wee bit bitter. As opposed to massively, enragedly bitter.

I could tolerate non 100% success rates if the ingredients and boards were easy as pie to come by.

shotsfired
May 31, 2007, 08:22 PM
not to rub it in, nukeranger, but my 2nd cannon was a success!!!! 2 fer 2!!! woo woo!!!!

Zorafim
May 31, 2007, 08:23 PM
Beyond the unnecessarily low synth rates, there's also the elemental percents. You could make a weapon twice as good with the same amount of effort, if only you're lucky.

Jeesh, these DB sabers are really hard to come by...

Phetty
May 31, 2007, 10:23 PM
My Fuka-misaki worked first try with 24%. Next Day I found a Halarod board. Decided Id let a friend make it and sell it then, but instead his PM gave me a monomate.

Almighty_Envy
May 31, 2007, 10:27 PM
Just wait until i find that Twin headed Snake....

Jakosifer
Jun 1, 2007, 01:30 AM
lol @ Jack

I might be posting later on in this topic tomorrow after my Sweet Death and Two Headed Snake are finished...God I hope this works...Need..Deva... >_<

Alamar
Jun 1, 2007, 01:53 AM
yep pulled my mono out lol was suppose to be a sweet death 82% success too. but the hala I made with 75% came out. I don't get it.

Shou
Jun 1, 2007, 02:10 AM
[quote]On 2007-05-30 07:46, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I gave two S rank boards to my friend DJ Skyepic, because he had pure PMs and I don't.... he failed both(I should note based on the percentages, the chance of failing BOTH was 3.75%). I've also failed 2 Crea Doubles synths in the past.

THE JACKEL

Wow thats pretty bitchy of you jackle. :/
hmm... question... How come you havn't made your own pure PM's yet? (Iknow you got the meseeta) instead of being a jerk and pointing fingers at somone who tried to help you. <3 SkyEpic hes the nicest person, always helping people

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 1, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-06-01 00:10, Shou wrote:
hmm... question... How come you havn't made your own pure PM's yet? (Iknow you got the meseeta) instead of being a jerk and pointing fingers at somone who tried to help you. <3 SkyEpic hes the nicest person, always helping people

Don't offend >< I didn't mean to place blame on Jackel.
Theres no need to get into a rough argument over personality or anything.
Things happen and life goes on.
I'll help jackel find another item board or something
to recover for what was lost soon so things will get
rolling again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Pengfishh
Jun 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
Deva-zashi magically becomes... A TRIMATE YAY I AM SO HAPPY!

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 1, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-06-01 00:10, Shou wrote:
[quote]On 2007-05-30 07:46, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

LOL
DJ and I have talked plenty, and he knows I don't blame him. Shyte happens and it sucks. Even from my post, I don't see how that was bitchy. All I stated was, I gave boards to DJ, he tried to synth, and they failed, which suxor cause they had a low chance of failing both.

Why don't I have Pure PMs? Well firstly, I only really use one character. Secondly, I think the whole synthing system is crap anyways. Third, my PM is fine for helping me in battle, which is good enough for me. Fourth, money has nothing to do with it.

THE JACKEL

pionear
Jun 1, 2007, 11:55 PM
I didn't synth any S-Ranks yet, but I've made/failed Rabol Rappy armours. I'm synthing the last one right now; I hope it comes out alright.

And I've failed plenty of Crea Weapons as well.