PDA

View Full Version : Luck in a party

The_Big_Show
May 30, 2007, 12:30 PM
I've seen many times on the forum that luck during a mission is based on the party leaders luck, however many people in-game insist its the whole parties luck grouped together. Can someone confirm or deny this?

Eleina
May 30, 2007, 12:32 PM
Only the leader's luck counts.(and this is when the luck actually feels like working...3* i hate u!!!)

Kinfante
May 30, 2007, 12:57 PM
So, how do we know this. Was this just an assumtion? Is there proof that only the Party Leader's luck matters?

Eliash
May 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
It is mostly assumption since anything can happen when you deal with a random variable.

I.E. A person with 3* luck can play 24 hours straight without seeing a rare, and a person with no luck can kill 1 monster and get a S-rank weapon.

There is no way to PROVE with complete certainty that luck does this and that, but evidence can show that it is most likely works in this manner...which is how we come up with the idea that only the party leader's luck matters. For all we know the whole party's luck may be factored in but as proven before the whole time we have been playing could just be a extremely unprobable event in which it seems that only the party leader's luck matters when it does not.

So in short...and less confusing probably: We don't have proof that only the party leader's luck matters, but we don't have proof that it does not or that other members' luck has any influence on drops. We may be pretty certain that the party leader has complete responsibilty for the groups luck, but never certain.

EDITED: Wording

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-05-30 11:07 ]</font>

Lyrise
May 30, 2007, 01:06 PM
It's sort of a half-truth. It's not the party leader's luck that matters, it's the luck of the person who creates a game that matters. Meaning you can start a mission, change leader to whoever has 3* luck, and the luck value used would still be your own. Stated in the PSU perfect bible, as well as tested.

ljkkjlcm9
May 30, 2007, 01:14 PM
well, when we have a week with everyone having 3* luck, if things are dropping like crazy, maybe that would be proof the party luck as a whole matters...

but I doubt it works that way because then people would be like, I have 3* luck, if you don't, KICK

THE JACKEL

malice_nyc
May 31, 2007, 01:10 PM
According to the official PSU strategy guide:

Every day, characters of a certain race and sex will be luckier than others, and will enjoy increased odds of finding rare items. Since the leader's luck applies to the whole party, you should always put the luckiest character (...) in the leader role.