PDA

View Full Version : Is paying someone to power level your account illegal?

doodle
May 30, 2007, 11:16 PM
And if not, can you suggest a good one. I love playing but don't have that much time to level my character so I can play the higher levels

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 11:17 PM
well it does say that only your supposed to play your account or you can play under your parental guardians acct...but i know some "people" who play each others accts....

Kaydin
May 30, 2007, 11:25 PM
Dunno if it's against SEGA's EULA, but I'm pretty sure it's against the rules here to ask.
Sounds like a bad idea anyways.

ljkkjlcm9
May 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
technically, how would anyone know?

THE JACKEL

DurakkenX
May 30, 2007, 11:31 PM
it's not illegal per say but it's frowned upon by a lot of people... though it's not like it makes a lot of difference here

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 11:37 PM
On 2007-05-30 21:28, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
technically, how would anyone know?

THE JACKEL

Loose lips >.>

Saigan
May 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
I don't see what the point is of paying someone else to play the game that you are paying to play... But to answer the question, no I don't believe it's against the EULA.

Just play it yourself. Most powerleveling services suck anyways, there's a number of articles on poor services floating around if you want to see the dark side of the industry.

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 11:44 PM
ST staff couldnt figure out any way unless you personally called them...or stapled a note to the chairmans face...

Treillerti
May 30, 2007, 11:45 PM
It's against Squeenix's for FFXI. . but PSU, I don't think so. . Even if you could find one they charge 100 bucks or more for just 1-30 probably.

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 11:52 PM
<.< >.> ive got nothing to do........

Treillerti
May 30, 2007, 11:53 PM
Hah. . GTFO, my money o.o seriously. . I need funds so I can eat fizood for I lack the ability to work in the outside world T_T

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 11:55 PM
On 2007-05-30 21:53, Treillerti wrote:
Hah. . GTFO, my money o.o seriously. . I need funds so I can eat fizood for I lack the ability to work in the outside world T_T

;.; i share your pain, for i am socially inept.

Treillerti
May 30, 2007, 11:56 PM
LoL I'm physically disabled and waiting for death row. o.o;

Dre_o
May 30, 2007, 11:58 PM
The one who can't manage to play the game himself, doesn't deserve to play the game at all.

But yea, I'm pretty sure you can't talk about it in this forum.

Not to mention you are ASKING for someone to "misplace your items"..... in someone else's inventory.

Almighty_Envy
May 30, 2007, 11:58 PM
DAM.....nvm..... * leaves thread *

CelestialBlade
May 30, 2007, 11:59 PM
Whoa, people will actually PAY YOU to *level their characters* now?

Forget college, I'm IN.

Treillerti
May 30, 2007, 11:59 PM
If they don't have time to level, chances are they have nothing worth 'misplacing' anyways. LoL

Treillerti
May 31, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-05-30 21:59, Typheros wrote:

Forget college, I'm IN.

Y'know. . as fun as that sounds. . it's really not. You're forced to stay in your seat until the goal has been reached or you're 'off the clock'. Usually why it's chinese who do it. They make equivalent to 2US dollars an hour or less depending how generous they are. While all these companies make thousands from overly rich lazy people.

Almighty_Envy
May 31, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-05-30 21:59, Treillerti wrote:
If they don't have time to level, chances are they have nothing worth 'misplacing' anyways. LoL

Not unless they have a friend who knew a guy who knew this guy whos cousin knew his best friends gf's ex and gave him all his items >.>

CelestialBlade
May 31, 2007, 12:05 AM
On 2007-05-30 22:01, Treillerti wrote:

On 2007-05-30 21:59, Typheros wrote:

Forget college, I'm IN.

Y'know. . as fun as that sounds. . it's really not. You're forced to stay in your seat until the goal has been reached or you're 'off the clock'. Usually why it's chinese who do it. They make equivalent to 2US dollars an hour or less depending how generous they are. While all these companies make thousands from overly rich lazy people.

Give me a good laptop, a wireless connection, a USB gamepad, and a working toilet. I'll have this house financed in NO time....

Treillerti
May 31, 2007, 12:07 AM
Almighty : I know so many things like that. . from my ffxi days. . My friend's friend's, sister's boyfriend's uncle quit the game and split the gilz between us. LOLZ

Typheros: Don't work like that. LoL You have a wired PC.. lowest requirements, while you're supervised. And get a bathroom break every 2-4hrs. LOL

Kent
May 31, 2007, 12:08 AM
What's the purpose of a game, if you just shell out extra for someone else to play for you?

Besides, if you make someone else play all the time, just so you can play at higher levels, you'll just be experiencing how much fun it is to display your own skills, when they reek of newbity and get you kicked left and right. :/

Besides, giving out your login information to someone you don't know is just... Stupid.

For example, good luck "play higher levels" with all of your equipment and money gone.

Garnet_Moon
May 31, 2007, 12:16 AM
There is nothing worse than a max level newbie.

Almighty_Envy
May 31, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-05-30 22:08, Kent wrote:
Besides, giving out your login information to someone you don't know is just... Stupid.

Out of all the people I know that do it. All 7 >.> met people on psu and gave them their account info.

But hey it isnt my account and as long as they trust the people then idc. Nothing i can do bout it.

CelestialBlade
May 31, 2007, 01:04 AM
I'd love to see what they do with things like their bank account numbers. Gotta catch em all!

Treillerti
May 31, 2007, 01:12 AM
Prepaid card ftw

Niered
May 31, 2007, 10:33 AM
I fail to see the "why". Mebbe if this was WoW, or some other major grindfest you could get away with that, where people might actually NEED your services. But this is PSU, and in PSU, you could feasibly get a level 80 character in a month. I really dont see a need for this sort of thing.

Suz
May 31, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-05-31 08:33, Niered wrote:
I fail to see the "why". Mebbe if this was WoW, or some other major grindfest you could get away with that, where people might actually NEED your services. But this is PSU, and in PSU, you could feasibly get a level 80 character in a month. I really dont see a need for this sort of thing.

I agree with this. This isn't a super popular MMORPG with people everywhere and their mother's playing it. Plus, leveling from 1-30 would take less than 4hours if you had a good boosting party and you knew what you were doing.

Paying someone? No. Playing on your friends account when they arn't there and you have their permission to play as them as long as you don't run around saying things that they don't? Seems fine. I play on my brother's acct as he does mine, since we both don't like to have the same things. So I log on his acct to use his tech and range PM, while he gets on mine to use my armor and strike PM. And occasionally, I'll give him a level cause i'm bored, but that's not really "power" leveling. xD

JAFO22000
May 31, 2007, 10:55 AM
Wow, can I pay someone to go watch movies for me? Or go water skiing for me? Or go to the ball game for me?

Why would you want to pay someone to do something that is supposed to be entertaining?

amtalx
May 31, 2007, 11:42 AM
Personally, I like looking at whatever nice weapons and Lvl 30 Bullets I have and saying "hey look, that's awesome, and guess who did all the work? ME!!" but that's not for some people. Some players just like to be strong and run around without a care in the world cause they are Lvl 80 and have max meseta with all +10 50% 9*s in their palette. I don't really care what you need to do to enjoy the game. You bought the game; you play it as you see fit. Just don't do anything to ruin it for the people who choose a different method.

Eleina
May 31, 2007, 11:55 AM
Just thinking about paying someone to play a game for you is stupid <.<
Might as well not play in that case and save your money!

Rashiid
May 31, 2007, 01:39 PM
illegal? umm....no?

thats like paying sumone to play a Halo 2 match for you....how is that illegal?
its not hurting ANYONE.

Mutt12
May 31, 2007, 01:43 PM
On 2007-05-30 21:17, Almighty_Envy wrote:
well it does say that only your supposed to play your account or you can play under your parental guardians acct...but i know some "people" who play each others accts....

Same here. One of my friends has roommates that use the extra character slots so they don't have to pay for their own account. If that's wrong, I dun wanna be right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mutt12 on 2007-05-31 11:44 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 01:47 PM
I don't get why anyone would pay to have someone play a game for them, if you don't wanna' play it, then don't. :/

Zorafim
May 31, 2007, 02:02 PM
Check the ToS, which is forced up every time you start the game. If it doesn't say anything, then you're good to go.
Now, why you would want to is beyond me.

Kion
May 31, 2007, 02:20 PM
Also the content updates makes it easier for starting players. There's more availible content and higher level monsters for new players to level up. The players that are level 80 and have max everything are simply bashing their heads against the ceiling until more stuff comes out.
Leveling is also imprtant. So what if you have access to more content if you don't know general knowledge like how to use elements and where synth items can be found. Seems like it would be harder adjusting than learning in the first place.

ThEoRy
May 31, 2007, 03:00 PM
if you did pay some1 to power lvl you, and then suddenly jumped into an s2 mission even if u were lvl 80, u would totally suck.

You wouldn't know any strategic tactics. You would stick out like a sore thumb, and no1 would respect you. I could never respect any1 who had their character power leveled. How could you even respect yourself? I mean, you'd be living a lie! How could you make any real friends in PSU if every run is a lie?

I know a lot of people who've worked very hard, put in a lot of time and effort leveling photon arts and endlessly hunted rares to no avail. But that's the best part about this game. EARNING what you are/have. Feeling a certain PRIDE for what you have accomplished and the FRIENDS who helped you along the way. As you helped them along theirs. Without that you have nothing left and your character should go hang himself in the Mizuraki Forrest.

eightball
May 31, 2007, 03:12 PM
i agree that having someone play for you is quite stupid...it is a game the most fun for me being a high level was the journey to that level...however people saying you can get to 80 in a month feasibly aren't thinking straight...anyone with a job or school/sports can not do this in a month, which this op stated he didn't have that much time and therefore would not be able to