PDA

View Full Version : Beast Type?

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 09:37 AM
Alright, im intending to rejoin psu in a day or so, when i quit before the expert types hadnt came out yet so im not quite sure on what to do so heres my questions...

I intend to make a male beast and i was wondering if the bonus for fortefighter really that much cause id much rather go fighgunner so i can have S in twin sabers. So yeah, is the bonus really worth it or should i just go with what i want?

Starrz
May 31, 2007, 09:41 AM
Go Fortetecher instead, you'll thank me later.

Beasts make fine Fighgunners, so do what you want. Or you could, ya know, level them both.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starrz on 2007-05-31 07:43 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
May 31, 2007, 09:55 AM
I'm a beast fighgunner, almost always. I've only leveled fortefighter to 3, and that was just to try out my Fuka-Misaki

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 09:58 AM
Go 'transer! ;]

WaveofBabies
May 31, 2007, 09:58 AM
I don;t care much for Fighgunners. on the other hand the Forte classes are always in demand so finding a party won't be any trouble.

personally a bunch of my friends have tried both clases and prefer the extra damage boost for fortefighter

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry ronin but im a run in and pound kinda guy, and protrans aint as suited for that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chiba-kun on 2007-05-31 08:07 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 10:06 AM
I'm offline, I would dearly like to try 'transer, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

They get almost all the weapons I like. ;]

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah but my whole point was i want to be able to use S twin sabers and a protranser cant even use them at all let alone S ones.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 10:17 AM
Ah, I don't like twin sabers. :/

ljkkjlcm9
May 31, 2007, 10:19 AM
only play a fighgunner if you're also going to use ranged weapons, and if you use a double saber, know how to use it correctly.

Newbs are giving my class a bad name, and it's starting to get on my nerves

THE JACKEL

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 10:23 AM
You seem to have misunderstood me jackel.....im not really very fond of double sabers, i really only used them in story mode which, sure, they are decent for crowd control but as i said i focus on TWIN SABERS, as in two sabers seperate lol.

And if you really did mean twin sabers with what you said than dont worry, no newbage here with em.

ljkkjlcm9
May 31, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-05-31 08:23, Chiba-kun wrote:
You seem to have misunderstood me jackel.....im not really very fond of double sabers, i really only used them in story mode which, sure, they are decent for crowd control but as i said i focus on TWIN SABERS, as in two sabers seperate lol.

And if you really did mean twin sabers with what you said than dont worry, no newbage here with em.

I was talking about the double saber, because it is an exclusive fighgunner weapon. I understand you're choosing it for the twin sabers, but a double saber IS a very good weapon, but only against groups of enemies, and I seem to remember the offline version only hitting one enemy each swing, it's far more effective online. I hated it offline, love it online.

By all means, use your twin sabers, but make sure you have ranged weapons, at the very least, twin handguns.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-05-31 08:27 ]</font>

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yes of course, i would be quite annoyed not having atleast some kind of gun, there are several times where having a gun just makes things more simple.

Anyway thanks everyone, ill be going fighgunner.

Sylpheed
May 31, 2007, 02:06 PM
there really isn't any need to stick primarily to one job, there so many missions that give insane MP rewards that you could probably level every advanced class to lvl 10 within a week.

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah i planned on lvling them all, its just i will focus on one eventually and that would be the one i played as.

KamiSori
May 31, 2007, 02:24 PM
go beast either way. chances are you'll ended up playing both fortefighter and fighgunner anywayz

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 02:41 PM
Aye, i was already intent on using beast, its my favorite race. I was just trying to decide on which type to go with, ive already decided though on fighgunner for the use of S twin sabers.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 02:47 PM
Be every race. ;]

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 02:52 PM
Im actually intending too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Ill be making...

Beast/Fighgunner
Cast/havent decided quite yet (will involve gun focus)
Newman/probably fortetecher or wartecher
Beast or human/Fortefighter

Elijah
May 31, 2007, 11:00 PM
Is there any point in being a human fortefighter? I guess you would have higher MST and ATA than a beast, and higher MST than a cast fortefighter

Aralia
Jun 1, 2007, 03:16 AM
guys guys, there's always a point to doing different things.. it's called style. =p

My Beast is INSANELY powerful as a fighgunner... I out DPS myself as a Fortefighter, so the stat boost for being the appropriate class for your race is slim to none in my eyes. =p

imfanboy
Jun 1, 2007, 03:45 AM
The player behind the controller counts for more than the character on the screen... and fortefighters are pretty hard-up. Protranser is a better class than fortefighter, let alone figunner. WHy?

A LARGE amount of enemies in the game are melee-resistant, but not bullet resistant. While a figunner can whip out a pair of twin handguns or a mechgun and blast away, and a protranser can bust out with a shotgun, or any other class in the game has SOME decent ranged gun option, a fortefighter's only choice is to hit it with an axe and weep as you think, "Oh, if only I wan't doing half damage..." or to blast away with a pistol and grimace at the piddling damage.

Unless you're waving around like a 50% axe or something, a figunner's damage curve is much flatter over a broad range of enemies. Plus, if power's your goal, the spear and the sword are heavy-duty damage. Twin sabers... I've actually stopped using them, as such. Rising Crush is only good until you have Hishou Jinren-Zan to compare it to (the ultimate twin Dagger PA), and while assault crush is awesome and stylish at the same time, it sucks down PP like no one's business.

But hey, style is everything in this game, and the twin saber PAs are very good, very good indeed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-06-01 01:46 ]</font>