PDA

View Full Version : FB is it really a point to doin it?

Cort1984
May 31, 2007, 10:24 AM
yes i know i heard that if the goal is reached we will get i think 3 weeks of 3 luck but come on i did the fire breack missions for 1 day and omg they are boring..... Oh so much fun.

eightball
May 31, 2007, 10:26 AM
and you'd like to go back to grinding the same missions over and over again?...at least its something new

Dhylec
May 31, 2007, 10:28 AM
Everyone has differerent tastes. Some like it more than others. You just happen to like these missions less.

Fire missions give good MP. They're also a break from the normal runs. Plus they are there for a limited time. There are more reasons, but others can tell ya.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-31 08:30 ]</font>

Niered
May 31, 2007, 10:29 AM
On 2007-05-31 08:24, Cort1984 wrote:
yes i know i heard that if the goal is reached we will get i think 3 weeks of 3 luck but come on i did the fire breack missions for 1 day and omg they are boring..... Oh so much fun.

Uwhaaa-?

Contradictory statement of the year ftl?

Anywho, the obvious reason for doing them is the potential rewards, the amazing amount of ban-photons, and the insane EXP (this really only applies to Moatoob at the moment.) Eventually there will be rare weapon and armor boards that drop in the harder missions as well.

And as for saying there boring (or not saying there boring, im not sure what you meant at all by that), you obviously arent playing the ones that actually take skill. No, Neudaiz does not take skill, and could get boring after enough runs. But Parum ,and especially Moatoob are intense beat-the-clock missions that I simply cant see anyone associating the word boring with in any way,shape, or form.

F-Gattaca
May 31, 2007, 10:29 AM
If Operation: Firebreak is fully completed, we will get all of the following: a week of Super Holy Light (maximum luck) for all races and genders, a frying pan weapon, and 50% off clothes and parts on all three planets.

In addition you can get the Garment Aura, Berry Red room decoration, and BR Burning Poster from trading in Ban-Photons with Bruce--and you get a ton of them in these missions.

Not to mention 10 PA frags if you clear all five missions at A-rank difficulty.

Kent
May 31, 2007, 10:31 AM
BR Burning Poster makes the entire event worth it.

Also... How long does the discount on clothes/parts last? Anyone know?

Cort1984
May 31, 2007, 10:31 AM
maybe if someone can give me a better reason to do these missions ill rethink opinion of FB a lil bit until.... ans as for mp ya i dont need it.

Sasamichan
May 31, 2007, 12:11 PM
Wow, nice sig. Almost 500k. Where are the mods when you need them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-05-31 10:13 ]</font>

pikachief
May 31, 2007, 12:11 PM
discount on clothes is FOR-EV-ER! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

oh and yea its something new, a ton of new items, chance for a whole week of 3 luck, a REALLY strong FRYING PAN! and brand new limited time only missions! just to give people who want something new, somethign new! If u like bieng repedetive and boring, crimson beasts and mad beasts and sealabs are all still open!

Eleina
May 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
Firebreak is your best way to get away from Crimson beast!!!!(and the other hunting spots)
It's also a good way to meet ppl and play with them as a team rather than "hi"..."thx for the run i g2g"

JAFO22000
May 31, 2007, 12:28 PM
How are they boring? They are like free missions, but with a time limit and a purpose. Plus, they are only around for a limited time. You'll have time to run the other missions when the event is over.

Look at it this way: If you DON'T play FB and just play the regular missions, you will get bored of them, then FB will leave and all you'll have left to play are missions you are bored of. So play FB to not get bored of the missions that will still be around when FB is gone. (if that makes any sense!).

Oh, also, the first Parum mission on A nets you 5000 meseta every 2 minutes with literally no recharge costs. That in and of itself should get you playing it. The payout per minute for this mission cannot be beat!

omegapirate2k
May 31, 2007, 01:26 PM
Don't forget now, you get up to 50% off shop prices on each planet for a week as well if we purify the planet.

Golto
May 31, 2007, 01:31 PM
People like the TO really makes me wish for players to benifit from the rewards you should have to meet some kind of minimum participation point amount.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-05-31 11:34 ]</font>

Rashiid
May 31, 2007, 01:37 PM
Im not too fond of them either.

im just one person; i wont effect it anyway by not doing it. (3/4 the parties are locked anyway)

JAFO22000
May 31, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-05-31 11:31, Golto wrote:
People like the TO really makes me wish for players to benifit from the rewards you should have to meet some kind of minimum participation point amount.

I agree whole-heartedly with this statement. They should've had something unique drop (Blewme Jelly?) and THAT should be what is needed to trade for the special items. Also, instead of Bruce giving you PA frags, he should've given you FB frags, and you'd trade these for the spoils at the end, the more FB frags you had, the better the spoils for you.

im just one person; i wont effect it anyway by not doing it. (3/4 the parties are locked anyway)

Some people feel the same way about voting!

Sylpheed
May 31, 2007, 02:00 PM
On 2007-05-31 11:37, Rashiid wrote:
Im not too fond of them either.

Now you see it's that kind of sttitude that'll get us no where, think if everyone had that attitude how high do you think the overall purification % would be right now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2007-05-31 12:01 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
May 31, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-05-31 11:42, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-05-31 11:31, Golto wrote:

I agree whole-heartedly with this statement. They should've had something unique drop (Blewme Jelly?) and THAT should be what is needed to trade for the special items. Also, instead of Bruce giving you PA frags, he should've given you FB frags, and you'd trade these for the spoils at the end, the more FB frags you had, the better the spoils for you.

Some people feel the same way about voting!

I think the PA frags is fine, it finally allows low level players to start getting them.

An item that drops I can see, but at the very least I do believe you have to participate in every single missions offered and get an S rank on it or something. So if they don't do anything they won't get anything.

It is true that a lot of the games are locked though....

and there's a major difference between this and voting. There are people like you, who will work extra hard to get it done. Unlike voting where you can only count once, in this you can personally get millions of points.

THE JACKEL

Chiba-kun
May 31, 2007, 02:07 PM
lol you can vote a million times too.....but its called illegal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-05-31 10:28, JAFO22000 wrote:
How are they boring? They are like free missions, but with a time limit and a purpose.Ew, they're timed? One thing I'm lookin' forward to once I get online is ditching those damn timers. :/

csmicbcklsh
May 31, 2007, 02:19 PM
Some of them are timed...not all of them. The Neudaiz missions are strictly the monsters you kill and time doesn't affect them. And the only reason the Moatoob mission even has a timer is cuz you have a certain amount of time to kill as many mobs as you can. Parum's missions are the ones that you have to worry about time on.

F-Gattaca
May 31, 2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah. Moatoob is more or less like the classic Ultimate Attack/AOL Maximum Attack/What have you that you used to do in PSO.

It's great EXP too, so you have an incentive to really tear into those monsters ... IF you can find parties. Damn near everyone is still doing Valley of Carnage and System Defense! Argh!

Kinfante
May 31, 2007, 06:16 PM
SCREW YOU CORT, I WILL TOTALLY URINATE ON YOUR PUPPY!

All said with lots of love. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
May 31, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-05-31 08:24, Cort1984 wrote:

Help us drive back the SEED invasion or Laia will break both your arms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-05-31 16:36 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-05-31 12:06, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
You've got to work together and do your best! Go for it stupendously! ;]

pixelsofdeath
May 31, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-05-31 12:09, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

On 2007-05-31 10:28, JAFO22000 wrote:
How are they boring? They are like free missions, but with a time limit and a purpose.Ew, they're timed? One thing I'm lookin' forward to once I get online is ditching those damn timers. :/

you're never getting online. never.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 06:51 PM
I'm working on it. :/

pixelsofdeath
May 31, 2007, 06:55 PM
i just recall, you always say this and that in response to other people, followed by a "when i get i online.." . my 6month subscription is done on pc and you're still not online. mow some lawns or something!

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
I live in the middle of nowhere with no means of transportation, I put in a few applications, but only one of them called me back for an interview, I was optimistic on that one, but it's been over a month and nothing's come of it. :/

Also, I don't own a lawn mower. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mayu
May 31, 2007, 07:36 PM
Well -_- I'm still bored of the game <.< lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but yes it gives you something to do... a for a little while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
May 31, 2007, 10:33 PM
On 2007-05-31 10:11, pikachief wrote:
discount on clothes is FOR-EV-ER! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-05-31 11:26, omegapirate2k wrote:
Don't forget now, you get up to 50% off shop prices on each planet for a week as well if we purify the planet.

...So which one is true?

Almighty_Envy
May 31, 2007, 10:58 PM
Ahem if i may assert myself abruptley into this topic.

I despise Fire Break. I got sick of it after a day, but i still am doing the missions.

Why?

Because i know that by doing the missions we have a chance at rewards. I may not personally want them, but someone else might. So i might as well waste my time on psu doing something helpfull then just spamming Crimson Beast

Dhylec
May 31, 2007, 11:05 PM
On 2007-05-31 20:58, Almighty_Envy wrote:
Because i know that by doing the missions we have a chance at rewards. I may not personally want them, but someone else might. So i might as well waste my time on psu doing something helpfull then just spamming Crimson Beast

Well, that's one way to look at it.
The reward is for our collective effort. So, a little or a lot, doing fire missions has only gains for those who participate.

huntlyon
May 31, 2007, 11:21 PM
I'm so burned out on Neudaiz A runs... and yet I continue to run them. The money is too consistently good AND you can level up other expert classes in a flash. By the time the planet is purified I should be damn close to having all the -techer types at level 10

F-Gattaca
Jun 1, 2007, 12:46 AM
Don't forget, the trick to enjoying any kind of MMO grindcore is to be with friends and and people that know how to have a good time. You get with a bunch that likes to goof off while they S-rank Firebreak missions and it'll be a lot more enjoyable.

PSU (and PSO)'s combat system, for me, makes things a lot less harder to get boring compared to MMOs like Anarchy Online or World of Warcraft. It's more involving. But it still does get boring for me if I play it for too long without people that make "party" mean more than just "group."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-05-31 22:47 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jun 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
I wasn't too excited about the purification thing too much either. I hated those missions in Story mode.

I finally did one last night and the payoff is worth the annoyance factor and the missions are over quickly. I no longer have the low level cashflow problems! Even doing a C rank on Neudaiz nets you 7MP and 750m!!!

Ryno
Jun 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
ummm.. ok i tried firebreak twice i thought it sucked.

i see on my partner card list that everyone keeps on doing it on moatoob ...eww.. not really my fav. place to level. and there is somthing about points? ehh?

and whats with the points.. seems like its not going anywhere when you sign off and back on.

just like mission points.. wow...

Ryno
Jun 3, 2007, 08:49 PM
this is not just about firebreak to me i mean what is with the points? and the other mission points? in psu?

i dont even know what mission points are for....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-06-03 18:53 ]</font>