PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any real friends on PSU

MrFortegunner
May 31, 2007, 11:15 PM
When I say real friends, I mean that you met them on PSU and borned a true friendship. sort of like both of you are there for each other. to help each other through bad times and good. If they need something, u give it sort of relationship. also, say if you have got a boyfriend or girlfriend on PSU too.

VanHalen
May 31, 2007, 11:18 PM
Well I have made one homeboi and one homegirl. Only problem is college keeps them busy so they can't play much anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Met the both of them the first day I played but we still keep in contact with each other.

Candor
May 31, 2007, 11:21 PM
i met a few people through PSO, and we still play together in PSU; even turned out that we live near each other http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheLOLBandit
May 31, 2007, 11:23 PM
actually my girlfriend got me into PSU

MrFortegunner
May 31, 2007, 11:24 PM
just so everyone knows, MY GREATEST HOMEBOI EVA IS RONIN 1OF47!! IF YOU EVER SEE HIM, GIVE HIM 5K!!!

omegapirate2k
May 31, 2007, 11:27 PM
I would say I have a bond of that sort with the people I regularly run with.

VanHalen
May 31, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-05-31 21:27, omegapirate2k wrote:

I WANT TO ADD THIS TO MY ANSWER!

ljkkjlcm9
May 31, 2007, 11:35 PM
I've met a number of people through PSU, that I talk to on AIM or MSN now. Some I give a hard time, but it's in jest.

THE JACKEL

omegapirate2k
May 31, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-05-31 21:28, VanHalen wrote:

I WANT TO ADD THIS TO MY ANSWER!

You can't, I copyrighted it.

VanHalen
May 31, 2007, 11:42 PM
Can I quote it for excellence?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 31, 2007, 11:44 PM
I have a few very good friends whom I met on PSOBB. I still play with them in PSU.

Sychosis
May 31, 2007, 11:58 PM

<3

Ryoten
Jun 1, 2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah. I've developed a bond with my closest friends on PSU. If one of them want to borrow a wep, unit, ect, I'll give it to them. I promise ShiroRyuu & Shadow a dark heart & a SPS. *I really don't want most of the weps on PSU besides 2headed Ragnus*

omegapirate2k
Jun 1, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-05-31 21:42, VanHalen wrote:
Can I quote it for excellence?

I require 50% of the profits you make by doing so.

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2007, 12:23 AM
ok http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mwabwetumba
Jun 1, 2007, 12:47 AM
I'd like to think that I've forged quite a friendship with a few people I met on PSU, in the sense that the contact now stretches outside of the game. But I won't pretend that I'm best friends with any of them, as we're still completely different individuals with our own lives (in separate countries as well).

Still, they are without doubt THE most pleasant people I've ever encountered on a game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-05-31 22:47 ]</font>

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 1, 2007, 12:49 AM
Loner

RadiantLegend
Jun 1, 2007, 12:52 AM
I develop close bonds with forces.

Eureka
Jun 1, 2007, 01:21 AM
I can say there is one person I am always hanging out with XD. I think we consider each other best friends, at least in terms of PSU.
And there are a few others that I do consider good friends.

Raikuro
Jun 1, 2007, 03:52 AM
I'm too shy to talk to strangers... so I'm forced to play mainly with RL friends.

-Ryuki-
Jun 1, 2007, 03:57 AM
I have 1 RL friend who plays this game, and he recently just joined. Fortunately for me,
he actually likes the game as much as I do.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 1, 2007, 04:11 AM
Friends and a special someone plays psu with me.
I've made real friends who I speak to on messaging
programs such as Windows Live and AIM. Some have gotten
so much closer than most others but I value them all
equally. As long as we all have fun with one another
I'll consider you a close friend.

Sekani
Jun 1, 2007, 09:17 AM
I'm picky about who I call a true friend, because that type of relationship is something that's forged over a long period of time. Hopefully none of my PSU regulars feel offended by that. Still, I have to give a shout out to my homies: Tylor, Sychosis, Shadow_Moses, omegapirate, MayLee, Aurelianis, and Darius.

Mystil
Jun 1, 2007, 09:24 AM
Somehow I think I would have an easier time establishing this on the 360....

I have one guy I've been close friends with since I joined the game. But we don't talk on messengers and all of that. He knows more about me than anyone in the game, I also think he understands me, otherwise he would have stopped talking to me, even after our little fallout. All it takes is back and forth communication with me and you'll have a friend.

Rust
Jun 1, 2007, 11:03 AM
I did only twice yet on this game. I'm talking about close friends, i have PSU friends, but they're just gaming partners i like to hang out and joke a bit with, i didn't talk or play with 'em enough yet to forge what i call a true relationship. So far, only two people became what i consider for real friends, a relationship that got built in about four months of gaming (it sounds quite short in time for me though, never seen them IRL, after all), and it never happened in another online game i played.
I have also some RL friends playing this game, but i didn't mention them as this thread is about the people we met on the game and not before.

Eleina
Jun 1, 2007, 11:11 AM
On 2007-06-01 02:11, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Friends and a special someone plays psu with me.
I've made real friends who I speak to on messaging
programs such as Windows Live and AIM. Some have gotten
so much closer than most others but I value them all
equally. As long as we all have fun with one another
I'll consider you a close friend.

I would say kinda the same thing (with a couple of differences of course <.<) but i'm too lazy to say the differences http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Jun 1, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-06-01 07:17, Sekani wrote:
Still, I have to give a shout out to my homies: Tylor, Sychosis, Shadow_Moses, omegapirate, MayLee, Aurelianis, and Darius.

THATS RIGHT HOMEBOY,

PARUM EAST SIEEEEDE

Omega_Weltall
Jun 1, 2007, 11:16 AM
I used to have 2 people i knew play PSU, one left cause he's a cheep ass and the other left cause everyone played the same damn mission over and over. I'm so lonely now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jakosifer
Jun 1, 2007, 11:16 AM
I don't know any of my PSU friends in real life but we're all very good friends. I have some of their AIMS/YIMs, but Im usually playing the game too much to talk to anyone offline....XD

Tita
Jun 1, 2007, 05:41 PM
i've met some hilarious folks on psu... funniest, coolest community i've ever encountered, hands down. just wish i could play more often (stupid unstable internets/brokeded ps2/WORK afjsdklfjalsd).

i do have a special partner in crime that i can't continue psu without. he can't play atm, which is probably why i'm not hurried to get myself fixed up for psu again. we'll probably end up missing most, if not all, of FB http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Eliash
Jun 1, 2007, 05:42 PM
No, I'm a loner and everyone hates me. And I intend to keep it that way! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Getintothegame
Jun 1, 2007, 05:43 PM
Haha, I'd love to get my friends on PSU. Or 360 even. Nobody has a 360 here. :/

EDIT: Well, actually, I did get quite a few people on PSU PC awhile ago, but I think they're offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-06-01 15:44 ]</font>

Tykwa
Jun 1, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-06-01 15:43, Getintothegame wrote:
Haha, I'd love to get my friends on PSU. Or 360 even. Nobody has a 360 here. :/
]</font>

Same, just me.

Freshellent
Jun 1, 2007, 06:15 PM
Haha,actually I have about 6 people I know irl that I got into the game by accident. They play pretty often now,I even pulled one away from WoW,for this.

They seem to enjoy it,I play with them fairly often. One's already a PT since FB came around.

I knew at least 5 others irl that played this,they left after some time. No matter,they didn't enjoy it anyway.

But yeah,I got some really close friends playing this,it's pretty nice.

Treillerti
Jun 1, 2007, 06:27 PM
What's the point of having friends in a game, they usually bug you for stuff and annoy the hell out of you. I have people on my friend list but they haven't spoken to me in a real conversation since they've added me. . anything they say usually makes me want to stab someone.

Mutt12
Jun 1, 2007, 06:30 PM
Odd thing. Only friends I got on PSU are folks I knew before PSU. The rest are usually just acquaintences. The only online game I ever had actual *friends* per se was Second Life.

Morpheo
Jun 1, 2007, 08:06 PM
o how i miss my home boy head hunter........i played with him alot but his Xbox just broke, he sent it in to get it repaired tho. He does actually owe me 80k tho..............

StevoLime
Jun 1, 2007, 08:28 PM
i hav a real friend. we mostly talk outside of psu cuz she needs a new computer. i would go and meet her, but with and ocean between america and the uk, its kinda difficult. lol. atleast she's my foxy voxie, lol. ( i havnt even said that since epi3, lol)

MrFortegunner
Jun 1, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-05-31 22:49, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
Loner

SUCKS FOR YOU!! LET'S LAUGH AT THE LONER EVERYONE!!!

omegapirate2k
Jun 1, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-06-01 21:38, MrFortegunner wrote:

Loner

Well thats kind of harsh, don't you think?

MrFortegunner
Jun 1, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-06-01 07:17, Sekani wrote:
I'm picky about who I call a true friend, because that type of relationship is something that's forged over a long period of time. Hopefully none of my PSU regulars feel offended by that. Still, I have to give a shout out to my homies: Tylor, Sychosis, Shadow_Moses, omegapirate, MayLee, Aurelianis, and Darius.

TCH, fine then, don't mention me!!!! ;_;

MrFortegunner
Jun 1, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-06-01 21:41, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-06-01 21:38, MrFortegunner wrote:

Loner

Well thats kind of harsh, don't you think?

don worry, I'm just jokin. But just so everyone knows, I say that NO ONE SHOULD BE A LONER!!! IT IS THE DUTY OF GARDIANS EVERYWHERE TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE, NOT EVAN THE UGLIEST, SUCKIEST PLAYER OUT THERE, DESERVES FRIENDS!!!!!

P.S: sorry for the triple post

pikachief
Jun 1, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-05-31 21:23, TheLOLBandit wrote:
actually my girlfriend got me into PSU

i wish my gf liked games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Getintothegame
Jun 1, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-06-01 16:27, Treillerti wrote:
What's the point of having friends in a game, they usually bug you for stuff and annoy the hell out of you. I have people on my friend list but they haven't spoken to me in a real conversation since they've added me. . anything they say usually makes me want to stab someone.

Really? You haven't met someone who is just there to have a good time? I've known quite a few people over the past ... 6/7 years of PSO.

Horse boy, Mag Launcher, Atax, El Dios GX and his friend, Bahn, BanannaAnn... there are so many I can still think of. And I really wish that they were all a part of my team. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm sure that you've met someone cool like that before.

DikkyRay
Jun 2, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-05-31 21:18, VanHalen wrote:
Well I have made one homeboi and one homegirl. Only problem is college keeps them busy so they can't play much anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Met the both of them the first day I played but we still keep in contact with each other.

Ouch van, just ouch. Im not your Homeboi?

i hav a real friend. we mostly talk outside of psu cuz she needs a new computer. i would go and meet her, but with and ocean between america and the uk, its kinda difficult. lol. atleast she's my foxy voxie, lol. ( i havnt even said that since epi3, lol)

Even more ouch.
Im not your "homeboi?" Wheres the love stevo?!

As for me and my friends.....I guess the ones that i really, really talk too.
Which is Floie, VR Raiden, Stevo(SEE HA! I CONSIDER YOU A GOOD FRIEND!!), Art, Tyler, Zio, Dias, Sonico, and Wizard.
I talk with them alot now because i cant get on PSU.....

VanHalen
Jun 2, 2007, 12:35 AM
Of course your my homeboi Dikky http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I was mentioning my first two friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Treillerti
Jun 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-06-01 21:58, Getintothegame wrote:

Really? You haven't met someone who is just there to have a good time? I've known quite a few people over the past ... 6/7 years of PSO.

Horse boy, Mag Launcher, Atax, El Dios GX and his friend, Bahn, BanannaAnn... there are so many I can still think of. And I really wish that they were all a part of my team. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nope . Can't say I have. I've met a lot of jerks, wanna-be's, and pigs. . lots and lots of disgusting men who turn out to be pigs. I've played MMO's for about 8 years, although not until I played FFXI I realized how pathetic can be and ended up insulting an entire server in shout mode. No regrets for it either. Maybe I'm just cold-hearted.

Shishi-O
Jun 2, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-05-31 21:15, MrFortegunner wrote:
When I say real friends, I mean that you met them on PSU and borned a true friendship. sort of like both of you are there for each other. to help each other through bad times and good. If they need something, u give it sort of relationship. also, say if you have got a boyfriend or girlfriend on PSU too.
homeboi= benetnash fighgunner extraordinaire

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-06-01 23:15 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jun 2, 2007, 04:03 AM
I pretty much quit now that everyone else is gone. Most of the people I knew from PSO are gone as well, though I do still talk to SLYM on ocassion. I keep in contact with Shadakine, and Fawk Alottapus - but they are my IRL friends. None of my other friends play PSU, and only like two others have a 360 - neither one with Live.

Suzi is planning on getting a 360 soon, and maybe PSU, but she's in the military (stationed in Japan) so I dunno how that will work out for getting on Live.

Finae
Jun 2, 2007, 04:48 AM
Any close friends that I met? I dunno, I met a lot, but I don't consider a whole lot besides guildies and a couple chatterboxes. I try to meet all kinds of people in online games and this one was no exception. But it seems the PSU community is a lot different than other mmos I've played as not many like to talk for some reason lol. Oh and I also hate the people that give you their partner card and never contact back. If they ever do, its pretty boring or they just sending a "worldwide message" to get people to join their group lol. Most of the people I met in game that I considered friend are long gone while a few guildies and a couple chatterboxes are left.

My real friends (the ones I've met in other mmos that I talk to on aim regularly, 2 actually played psu though), they left in November 2006. If they stayed, they would probably be the only people I'd normally party with.

Just like PSO, I don't establish those friendship bonds like I did in games like FFXI. I guess its because of the chat system, ways of communication, and the fact its a casual like game. Meet one person one day and never see them again. When I played FFXI though, I established a ton of friendship bonds between people in guild and random people in parties I joined. I still conversate to my old guild on their forums every now and then. So in other words, I normally forget about most people whom I thought we're memorable in PSU. You'll have to constantly party with me and do something for you to stand out to make me say, "Hey, yeah I consider that guy a friend."

My gf is really my only friend in this game nowadays, but she is burned out on the game so I don't think she'll be coming back. I'm burnt out also, but I'm slowly trying to get back into the game again. I don't care about the population issues on ps2/pc, not going to go waste $ on a 360, the game, my time, etc etc as I'll probably get bored after level 5. In other words, I hate starting over again. Wouldn't see me level another 75 char in ffxi from scratch lol.

AweOfShe
Jun 2, 2007, 05:28 AM
My PM, Laia, Lou, Leo, Hyuga, Maya.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! *respek knuckles* m/

pixelsofdeath
Jun 2, 2007, 06:26 AM
no choice for real friends you had before PSO/U...(that also play PSU)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelsofdeath on 2007-06-02 04:28 ]</font>

StevoLime
Jun 2, 2007, 09:26 AM
dikky, i talk to voxie mostly offline, but ya, i do talk to you, vr, and dias offline some. lol. btw, what r the others screen names? so i can talk to them randomly offline.

oh, and i guess u r my homeboi, but ur 2nd on the list, my homegirl is 1st. sry man, foxy voxie comes 1st, u know how it is, lol.

Kylie
Jun 2, 2007, 09:29 AM
Yes, I've made lots of great friends on PSU that I play with whenever they're online. If I have a boyfriend or not is really none of your business. =D

amtalx
Jun 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
I bought my wife a 360 and she plays now. I guess I could call her a friend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I also have several friends from my PSO days that are now my PSU friends.

DEM_CIG
Jun 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
Noooo... I dont have any friends that i've meet in real life... but i do have friends on there.
Dark and Master Chi...

ShinAnt
Jun 2, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-06-01 16:15, Icespike wrote:
Haha,actually I have about 6 people I know irl that I got into the game by accident. They play pretty often now,I even pulled one away from WoW,for this.

They seem to enjoy it,I play with them fairly often. One's already a PT since FB came around.

I knew at least 5 others irl that played this,they left after some time. No matter,they didn't enjoy it anyway.

But yeah,I got some really close friends playing this,it's pretty nice.

Yup we hella did snag them from wow!
It's like were missionaries converting people to a religon.
Minus the door slams...

-Crokar-
Jun 2, 2007, 04:42 PM
no i dont. i used to but not anymore

Lonzell
Jun 2, 2007, 05:12 PM
Yesh >=3

Astarin
Jun 2, 2007, 05:14 PM
I play with 2 or 3 RL friends, but I've also got a small handful of people that I would call friends on PSO. People that you rush to play with when they're online. People that you sit and chat with for hours. People that you play on "Give Finder" with, because you all know what kinds of items each other wants, and will let them take what they need. Kireek, Aeralea and Destroyer top my list, though as far as I know, they aren't forum regulars here.

Anyway. Yay for friends.

Mystil
Jun 2, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-06-01 23:12, Treillerti wrote:

On 2007-06-01 21:58, Getintothegame wrote:

Nope . Can't say I have. I've met a lot of jerks, wanna-be's, and pigs. . lots and lots of disgusting men who turn out to be pigs. I've played MMO's for about 8 years, although not until I played FFXI I realized how pathetic can be and ended up insulting an entire server in shout mode. No regrets for it either. Maybe I'm just cold-hearted.

I've done that before.

Online communities have degraded over the years. It's turned to a popularity contest.

Ryno
Jun 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
!!!

Ryno
Jun 2, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-05-31 21:15, MrFortegunner wrote:

OMG.

Mystil
Jun 2, 2007, 05:39 PM
Yes we know you had nothing better to do.

-Ryuki-
Jun 2, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-06-02 15:39, Mystil wrote:

Aren't you so nice to people's feelings? -_-

Almighty_Envy
Jun 2, 2007, 05:58 PM
I used to be an @$$ to everyone on the pc/ps2 servers. Back when i was a lvl 20 something. Man back then if u pissed me off i would never stfu...

Ive changed though..

It turns out I was just pissed because I had no friends because I was so mean. I eventually wound up driving away the people who took me under there wing as a new player.

At about lvl 22 I started talking to one of my "mentors" friends. Another while later i started talking to one of my "mentors" friends friends.

Turns out I met someone who was really nice and actually not a big time waste and i actually enjoyed and still do enjoy talking to them, even if its not as much as it was when i first met them it still makes me happy...enough of that subject though.

So in conclusion, I know one of the greatest people in my eyes, and im happy that infact i do have a friend.

Mystil
Jun 2, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-06-02 15:40, RyukiZero wrote:

On 2007-06-02 15:39, Mystil wrote:

Aren't you so nice to people's feelings? -_-

Yeah yea yea man. You're not the first to throw that at me. No need to lie about it. I'm an asshole, but dammit I know who deserves my nastiness and who doesnt.

Now this my last post(in this thread) just for "positive atmosphere's sake".

Fure_Rakune
Jun 2, 2007, 08:24 PM
My boy Pengfishh and I are known to cause a ruckus here and there.
RETSUGOOOOOOOOO!

VR_Pilot
Jun 3, 2007, 01:03 AM
No friends in PSU. I just drift from party to party. No one wants a Numan ForteFighter (chara name AYUMI). Back in PSO I had one friend who I would talk to for HOURS in-game, and then I got backstabbed... Lost a Rati and my Rico's earrings. Been a loner ever since.

VanHalen
Jun 3, 2007, 01:07 AM
On 2007-06-02 23:03, VR_Pilot wrote:
No friends in PSU. I just drift from party to party. No one wants a Numan ForteFighter (chara name AYUMI). Back in PSO I had one friend who I would talk to for HOURS in-game, and then I got backstabbed... Lost a Rati and my Rico's earrings. Been a loner ever since.

Newman fortefighters represent.

AweOfShe
Jun 3, 2007, 03:27 AM
On 2007-06-02 23:07, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-06-02 23:03, VR_Pilot wrote:

*respekt knuckles*

VR_Pilot
Jun 4, 2007, 01:19 AM
On 2007-06-02 23:07, VanHalen wrote:

Thats right! I'm an old school PS fan and I've always thought of female newmans as Hunters, though not everyone agrees...

Aeralea
Jun 5, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-06-02 15:14, Astarin wrote:
I play with 2 or 3 RL friends, but I've also got a small handful of people that I would call friends on PSO. People that you rush to play with when they're online. People that you sit and chat with for hours. People that you play on "Give Finder" with, because you all know what kinds of items each other wants, and will let them take what they need. Kireek, Aeralea and Destroyer top my list, though as far as I know, they aren't forum regulars here.

Anyway. Yay for friends.

Yeah, they probably -aren't- regulars here.. ; )

*sniff sniff* Ditto on all of that. : )

*Hopes to be back with you guys after next paycheck clears..* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif