PDA

View Full Version : New EX missions have arrived!

Kamica
May 31, 2007, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeadlOZSzcQ

This was recorded on B rank.

When choosing an EX mission, you get to choose between a vahra map or a jarba map. You will then face hordes of the enemy you picked. The catch is, the drop rates were lowered to astronomical levels.

Now, imagine the possibilities when you choose this mission on A rank. You will get either a halarod or a ragnus almost every single run depending on the map you choose. Hell, MORE than one S rank will drop many of the runs you go on.

ChronoTrigga
May 31, 2007, 11:42 PM
Long time no see Kamica. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Btw. Video is processing, will edit post with my views as soon as its up.

VanHalen
May 31, 2007, 11:46 PM
I cant believe I'm gonna say this but, I'm so glad they put the Sonic heroes theme in that mission.

csmicbcklsh
May 31, 2007, 11:58 PM
Don't mean to sound ignorant or anything...but when was this mission released? I mean, is it part of something I just totally missed reading about?

Scion
Jun 1, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-05-31 21:42, Kamica wrote:

The catch is, the drop rates were lowered to astronomical levels.

O RLY?! I have NEVER seen so many rare drops in one run...EVER!

That looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait til we get it! XD

Dark_Heal_v2
Jun 1, 2007, 12:05 AM
Its the reward for getting an S rank in the Fami Cup event. The drop rates are increased 500% with the HP and stats of the enemies 25%. Therefore its a killing spree with not even enough time to pick up your rares.

csmicbcklsh
Jun 1, 2007, 12:08 AM
Ah...so the US may not even get the event. I'll leave some hope in the fact that someone "claimed" to have seen an EGM wand, which could lead to an EGM cup here. But it was just a rumor, so who knows. For now, I will sit back and enjoy the view. Have fun with your rares!

Ryoten
Jun 1, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-05-31 21:58, csmicbcklsh wrote:
Don't mean to sound ignorant or anything...but when was this mission released? I mean, is it part of something I just totally missed reading about?

Its the Jp version. Its will to be over here later. Nice vid tho. It looked like you was going through wave after wave of enemies until you got to a box checkpoint, then you fight more. To tell you the truth, that Sonic Heroes song seems like it was placed in there for kicks.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 1, 2007, 12:15 AM
Thats hawt, kamica. great video.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 1, 2007, 12:23 AM
I... I.... I.... I just... just wet myself.

Niered
Jun 1, 2007, 12:27 AM
Shit. Thats nice.

I mean, its definitely nice to actually see good rewards for doing these event missions. Ill definitely be spamming that up the wazoo.

Also, wasnt there mention that the chances of seeing rare enemies went up significantly during an EX mission?

Lyrise
Jun 1, 2007, 12:50 AM
Just the rappies. And yes, they do drop Skillsave unit at pretty high rates on A.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 1, 2007, 12:58 AM
I think that kinda defeats the whole idea behind rares.... but maybe that's just me.... or maybe that's because these items won't really be rare eventually

THE JACKEL

Ether
Jun 1, 2007, 01:07 AM
To me this reeks of desperation and trying too hard to please the dwindling playerbase. 250% exp and 500% drop rates? Its worse than the events they used to have on Blue Burst.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 1, 2007, 01:22 AM
Wait, when did it fall off the top 10 list in japan?

Chuck_Norris
Jun 1, 2007, 01:35 AM
dang that looks awesome, but the looks like exp is crap, the vahras gave 16 exp!

Ether
Jun 1, 2007, 01:44 AM
On 2007-05-31 23:22, Jonathan_F wrote:
Wait, when did it fall off the top 10 list in japan?

The second week it was out

Gen2000
Jun 1, 2007, 01:48 AM
The Sonic Heroes music actually didn't seem so bad, but maybe because I'm tired of current tracks now. Seem to make the mission more exciting than it normally would be, should be even better on A.

I guess Vahra map will be melee/techer prefered and Jarba map will be preferred by Gunners (though they can handle Vahras just as well but lawl @ Jarbas vs. Gunners).

Thanks for posting the video.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-05-31 23:48 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Jun 1, 2007, 02:10 AM
Eh.. I'm not liking the whole "rares dropping like flies" thing too much.
That's straying too far from earlier days of PSU, where people actually had
to find things.

RFB
Jun 1, 2007, 02:27 AM
Oh god it's like an endless stream of rares... I... I think I'm crying... holy hell.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 1, 2007, 02:32 AM
On 2007-06-01 00:27, RFB wrote:
Oh god it's like an endless stream of rares... I... I think I'm crying... holy hell.

We on the PC side need EX missions. It would help normalioze the economy by driving down the price of some of the better items for trade value, which would in turn drop the price on a number of other things.

Ah, who am I kidding. They'd just as for more of the X drops that are super saturated by the mission in exchange for one Z rare.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2007, 02:33 AM
As a special reward/bonus mission for S-Ranking Fami-Cup missions(s) that mission is *Awesome*, especially for players like me that barely get to play PSU for like a few hours, for 3 days out of the week. It also reminds me of Endless Nightmare 1, which is very nice.

How many Fami-Cup missions do players have to S-Rank I wonder to get that
VR-EX "Bonus" Mission?

Now I really want an "EGM-Cup" to come out on the US servers. That reward is just to cool.

Eleina
Jun 1, 2007, 02:35 AM
0.0 Be able to kill so many enemys...That's great fun!!!!! (the stream of rare drops is nice as well!!)

Arika
Jun 1, 2007, 04:06 AM

Now, imagine the possibilities when you choose this mission on A rank. You will get either a halarod or a ragnus almost every single run depending on the map you choose. Hell, MORE than one S rank will drop many of the runs you go on.

Is it easy to go to the bonus stage in rank A?
imagine that SEGA will make it very hard and give passport to only great team <,<

Neith
Jun 1, 2007, 04:58 AM
Dangerous Deal with Black..

Oh wait, wrong game.

jayster
Jun 1, 2007, 05:52 AM
I like the idea that it'll be easier to make weps since we'll have more materials but I don't like how the rares drop so frequently and how even the really good rares drop easily.

Kamica
Jun 1, 2007, 07:37 AM
On 2007-06-01 02:06, Arika wrote:

imagine that SEGA will make it very hard and give passport to only great team <,<

Very easy

1. You are given 25 minutes
2. Deaths do not count against you

The 25 minute time limit can be easily made even by weaker team, as long as you are a party of four.
Basically, all you need to be able to do is to learn map well enough so that you do not accidently kill something that will cost you an S rank. It takes a few hours to figure out what you should be killing.

When I said that halarod and ragnus will be worthless, I meant it.

Arika
Jun 1, 2007, 07:47 AM
Any plan to post the vid on Rank A that enemy LV 100+ ?

Kamica
Jun 1, 2007, 07:52 AM
I probably will. It would have to be tommorow or on another day though.

Megalomax
Jun 1, 2007, 07:57 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Was the Sonicc Heroes Theme played from the game? If it is OMG! That cool!

Weeaboolits
Jun 1, 2007, 08:01 AM
That looked pretty cool, I like the Sonic Heroes theme, too. (Liked the music, the game, not so much. :/ )

Looked like some enemies spawned after the mission ended, though. What was up with that?

DavidNel
Jun 1, 2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not really to worried about an explosion of rares. I couldn't read the red items scrolling by, but I'll bet that most were just materials. There are two things that make me feel comfortable that these rares won't be too much of a disturbance:

1) Scape doll and moon X USED to be rares....
2) Remember varistas? Yeah....

RadiantLegend
Jun 1, 2007, 09:05 AM
You dont see Ank deddas dropping like that. -_-

Golto
Jun 1, 2007, 09:17 AM
Lol at people who are crying that 10* weapons won't be as rare. They will be the garbage of rares eventually so get over it.

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-06-01 06:33, DavidNel wrote:
I'm not really to worried about an explosion of rares. I couldn't read the red items scrolling by, but I'll bet that most were just materials. There are two things that make me feel comfortable that these rares won't be too much of a disturbance:

1) Scape doll and moon X USED to be rares....
2) Remember varistas? Yeah....

Scape Doll Boards are still considered rares. I keep getting them instead of other stuff. I can take pictures, if you like. I get em all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

panzer_unit
Jun 1, 2007, 09:48 AM
On 2007-06-01 03:52, jayster wrote:
I like the idea that it'll be easier to make weps since we'll have more materials but I don't like how the rares drop so frequently and how even the really good rares drop easily.

I'm looking forward to finally having a realistic shot at getting ANYTHING SPECIAL after playing for like 900+ hours total on my characters and having nothing but [b] Nafri-Senba and a handful of crea boards to show for it.

I don't care about other people's luck or how they can invest eight hours a day repeatedly soloing the same 1-2 boards of a mission looking for rappies, I'd like to finally score something good even if its a pity-rare from farming monsters at essentially 20x the drop rate for a month.

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2007, 10:05 AM
I definitely understand that point, panzer. I can see myself in the same boat.

Niered
Jun 1, 2007, 10:08 AM
Also, arent these missions only out for a week? I mean, no matter how much people spam them, sure its going to effect the number of S-ranks out there, but not as many as youd think. People are going to get as many rares out of this as they can, but thats still limited to how much you can play in that week long period.

omegapirate2k
Jun 1, 2007, 10:14 AM
As the random japanese dude who died in that video said:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

chibiLegolas
Jun 1, 2007, 10:50 AM
On 2007-06-01 07:48, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-06-01 03:52, jayster wrote:

I'm looking forward to finally having a realistic shot at getting ANYTHING SPECIAL after playing for like 900+ hours total on my characters and having nothing but [b] Nafri-Senba and a handful of crea boards to show for it.

I don't care about other people's luck or how they can invest eight hours a day repeatedly soloing the same 1-2 boards of a mission looking for rappies, I'd like to finally score something good even if its a pity-rare from farming monsters at essentially 20x the drop rate for a month.

I'm with you there Panzer. Also, it frustrates me to high hell that even if you do aquire rare boards, you'd still need to hunt for the various rare materials. AND worry about successful synth. Throw in the % on armors and melee weapons, and grinding failures, who the hell can anyone complain about these limited time only, increased drops?!

Even guns and FO weapons would have a chance of breaking from grinding, eventually. So this isn't all that crazy, no?

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 1, 2007, 11:18 AM
Hey, can't we get some rare GUNS on these bonus missions? Or are rangers doomed to spam the same mission for hours on end to get their special weapons?

Uncle_bob
Jun 1, 2007, 11:30 AM
Nothing for Rangers in these missions? Huh? Yea, I figured not.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Lyrise
Jun 1, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-06-01 05:37, Kamica wrote:

Very easy

The 25 minute time limit can be easily made even by weaker team, as long as you are a party of four.
Basically, all you need to be able to do is to learn map well enough so that you do not accidently kill something that will cost you an S rank. It takes a few hours to figure out what you should be killing.

Sorry to shoot you down, but the limit is 20 minutes, no matter what. You get -2 if you exceed 20 minutes. Thankfully, that's all you can lose in the time department. The only way you get less than 3 in time score, is just not finishing at all.

You can still get S going over 20, but you certainly won't get 10points. And it is VERY easy to screw up getting the second chip. In effect, it's rather hit or miss for weaker teams. If you screw up the chip, you have to make sure you beat 20 minutes, otherwise you will only get an A, thus no bonus.

pikachief
Jun 1, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-05-31 22:08, csmicbcklsh wrote:
Ah...so the US may not even get the event. I'll leave some hope in the fact that someone "claimed" to have seen an EGM wand, which could lead to an EGM cup here. But it was just a rumor, so who knows. For now, I will sit back and enjoy the view. Have fun with your rares!

oh trust me there is -_-

cuz everyone said that we werent getting fire break because it was sponsored by net-cash....... yea, and y put levels and weapons in the game and not release them?

Mystil
Jun 1, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-05-31 22:58, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I think that kinda defeats the whole idea behind rares.... but maybe that's just me.... or maybe that's because these items won't really be rare eventually

THE JACKEL

You do realize that this means a lot of people will signup for the western versions of PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Expansion + this mission(when we get it) = gravy.

Kylie
Jun 1, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-05-31 22:05, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:
Its the reward for getting an S rank in the Fami Cup event. The drop rates are increased 500% with the HP and stats of the enemies 25%. Therefore its a killing spree with not even enough time to pick up your rares.

Wow, wow, and wow.

Sounds hella fun.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2007, 01:00 PM
From carefully watching the video(i can read some Japanese);
the "rares" that where being picked up where several vestalines, junalines, some other 7* ~ 8* materials, deathdancer boards. I didn't see any ragnus boards being picked up. So people shouldn't get bent out of shape over red-box *materials* dropping like common items in a short reward-Bonus Mission.

Frankly I like that; as it really stinks to have to spend 100k in materials for just doing two 9* wep synths when all you've got is 700-900k.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-06-01 11:02 ]</font>

Golto
Jun 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
Well ShadowDragon28 that is a video of B rank not A rank. So for what I've read expect srank boards and mats to drop like in that video.

Lamak
Jun 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
That's pretty cool. I'm impressed. (whomg)

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2007, 01:44 PM
Even if the A-Rank version of the Bonus mission drops some S-Ranks;
IMO that's still a godsend to those players (that due to real life responsibilties) play only for 2-3 hrs maybe 3-4 days a week or less)
and don't have the free time to spend 10-15 hrs to hunt for any of those
spiffy S-Rank boards.

Golto
Jun 1, 2007, 02:11 PM
Its already been confirmed that the A rank mission and bonus has lvl 100 monsters. I can't wait to get this event.

KamikazeYoru
Jun 1, 2007, 02:16 PM
I think this event may even help balance PS2/PC crazy economy. More rares may hurt ppl that have worked hard to get them but it will also elimate 99mil rares. This event will help and it will be fun so I cant wait either.

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-06-01 00:10, RyukiZero wrote:
to find things.

When this comes out I will say, "Remember when finding a rare board was cool?"

vav
Jun 1, 2007, 02:41 PM
Whats an EX mission in the first place? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RegulusHikari
Jun 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
I've got mixed feelings about it. It looks nice, but I want my rares to be just that. I don't want to put in hours of hardworking solo play just to have the "rare" title of my spoils ripped away from me and everybody be running around with them like they're 29% Ice Rapiers.

On the contrary, every rare becomes more and more common as time passes, and when/if US servers get this, so many months would have passed that the S ranks dropping there would be fairly common anyway. Still though, I'm with Ryuki on this one:

to find things.

And to those that say it helps the people who have less hours to play; tough luck. It takes TIME to get good equips on games like this. What's the fun in getting an awesome weapon in a day or two, and then seeing every other character of your class running around with it a few days later?

I understand that real life issues interfere with play time, mine do frequently. I just suck it up and realize that there are more important things than a video game.

Overall, it's too quick to judge how this is going to affect the game as a whole. Everytime there's a new feature that has a bad twist to it, there's a lot of doomsaying about how it's going to ruin the game and then it never turns out that way. Besides, 11*s should be coming out soon, which means we have our next tier to hunt for.

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2007, 02:49 PM
I say it helps balance out the bad RL luck against the good RL luck deficit aspect. It's more of an issue of people getting all the good stuff in just a fraction of the time others get stuff (or still haven't seen anything for their work). An event like this, makes it so that more people who did put in the 800+ hours of work, get something for their trouble. More prizes for the ones putting in effort.

Sure, someone might come in with good time on their hands, while I have less hours. Still, the difference is that they came in late, I started at launch, and thus they still have significantly less combined play hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-01 12:51 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Jun 1, 2007, 02:56 PM
makes it so that more people who did put in the 800+ hours of work, get something for their trouble

That's a good point you make, there. I'm sure this event will do more good than it does bad.

Dark_Heal_v2
Jun 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-06-01 10:43, Lyrise wrote:

On 2007-06-01 05:37, Kamica wrote:

Very easy

Sorry to shoot you down, but the limit is 20 minutes, no matter what. You get -2 if you exceed 20 minutes. Thankfully, that's all you can lose in the time department. The only way you get less than 3 in time score, is just not finishing at all.

You can still get S going over 20, but you certainly won't get 10points. And it is VERY easy to screw up getting the second chip. In effect, it's rather hit or miss for weaker teams. If you screw up the chip, you have to make sure you beat 20 minutes, otherwise you will only get an A, thus no bonus.

That's not the case anymore. Now there's a sure way to get an S rank on the mission, the only exception is to have all 4 team members dead.

The rating is broken up into this:

Time:
Under 20 mins = 5pt
Over 20 mins = 3 pt

Fami Chip:
Total of 3, each worth 1 pt

Enemy Kills:
Over 80 = 2 pt
Under 80 = 0 pt

Fami Chips:
The 1st and 3rd Fami chips don't need any explanation. As for the second chip, 1st send 1 member to the left side of the map to see what enemies there are. They will always be 2 of the same kind. From my experiences, they are either the "dog" or "claw" (sorry I don’t know any Japanese so that’s how I call them XD), but the difference don't just end there, see if they have any special abilities assigned to them, etc. shield/attack/king.

Now yell out to the other 3 members on the right side of the map of which type of enemy it is, and kill that exact same type of enemy, repeat 3 times.

Example: if the enemy on the left side is "claw shield" and on the right side of the map has 2 claws, one with a shield and the other with no sp abilities, kill the one with shield.

With this method, the 2nd Fami Chip is now guaranteed to be obtainable.

Note: You don't need to kill the enemies on the left side, just send someone in, have a look then head to the right to help out.

As for killing over 80 enemies, just clean out all the enemies in the 3 wraps (do so even if the key is provided to the wrap behind). With this, another 2 pt are guaranteed.

Time in this case will not be a factor, since the worse you could get is 3 pt. Now, all this adds up to 8 pt = S rank. Just as long as someone's alive at the end of the mission, all 4 will get to play the bonus mission.

Therefore the bonus mission is practically open to everyone. You might not get a 10 or compete for the time attack, but basically anyone can get an S.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dark_Heal_v2 on 2007-06-01 13:40 ]</font>

Yoshiflash
Jun 1, 2007, 03:39 PM
*Skip this if you don't want to read a long rant*

I've said it before and I'll say it again and people are going to disagree again. The "rares" we're so excited about now are not REALLY rares. They are UNCOMMON drops from common enemies that are only rare due to the fact that the level cap/enemy level ratio is set as it is atm.

In 6 months no one whos high level right now and continues playing is gonna give a rats ass about these 10*s that are dropping. This is STILL sega rationing out the game to an extreme that I've never before witnessed in an online game.

People say "every online game does this" but they really really don't. FFXI came out with a lvl cap of 50. Max was 75, and the increases were added along with much much content and BEFORE(key point) everyone and their brother could reach the cap and see all the content that was already in the game. This is the same for alot of online games. The good ones anyways.

Segas method DOES NOT WORK. Hacking did not ruin this game. Sega did. Lack of content did. I love this game. But this is a picture perfect example of stringing people along with rehashed crap, and it is crap, to get people excited about getting items that they can already get fighting the same enemies that they already fight.

Guess what I'm saying is this "event" and "reward" should already be in the dam game. It's too little too late. If most of the content that's on the disc was open from day one and Sega spent all their time policing the game and fixing problems and coming up with REAL challenges and events, like Firebreak, and GM run events that weren't completely lame, I wouldnt be the very last person I know in RL still playing.

Rantidy rant rant.

I dont even know how it happened, something just came over me.

I CALL FOR RE-LAUNCH!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-06-01 13:45 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2007, 03:47 PM
Well, I do agree that content-wise, this game isn't on the same level as those games. On the other hand, it is still an action game, and that's quite different than the other games. For me, since day one, everyday I can log on and make some progress. The fact that I didn't spend two weeks (and during times I did devote a lot of hours to play, consistantly) grinding for a necessary item with which without it, those entire two weeks I gained absolutely no progress, is a big winner in my book. That, in any game, burns me more than any other game design in existance. Maybe not for other people, but it does for me. That's a deal breaker, in my book, more so than the bit of stringing along done here. So my past experience has shown me loves in a game, even in ones that had something to irk me; but my past also introduced game designs I'd not like to see anywhere else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-01 13:54 ]</font>

Yoshiflash
Jun 1, 2007, 03:55 PM
On 2007-06-01 13:47, Akaimizu wrote:
Well, I do agree that content-wise, this game isn't on the same level as those games. On the other hand, it is still an action game, and that's quite different than the other games. For me, since day one, everyday I can log on and make some progress. The fact that I didn't spend two weeks (and during times I did devote a lot of hours to play, consistantly) grinding for a necessary item with which without it, those entire two weeks I gained absolutely no progress, is a big winner in my book. That, in any game, burns me more than any other game design in existance. Maybe not for other people, but it does for me. That's a deal breaker, in my book, more so than the bit of stringing along done here. So my past experience has shown me loves in a game, even in ones that had something to irk me; but it also introduced a game design I'd not like to see anywhere else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-01 13:48 ]</font>

I agree with you that this is a very different type of game than most MMOs and I wasn't really all that clear.

I don't expect this game to have the amount of content a game like FFXI(or any other game you're supposed to devote your life to) has, but I do expect that the company release the whole dam game. The rationing is really the only comparison I meant to make. I mean it's freakin absurd. What % of the data that is on the disc was unlocked on release? And 3 months later? And now? Its really, for lack of a better word, dumb, and it cost them tons of money and us tons of people to play with.

Arietta
Jun 1, 2007, 03:58 PM
did they actually use the sonic heroes music for the BGM in that mission?

LMFAO thats so lame
--
Mod edit: do not use 'gay' in a negative way

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-06-01 15:42 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-06-01 13:55, Yoshiflash wrote:

I don't expect this game to have the amount of content a game like FFXI(or any other game you're supposed to devote your life to) has, but I do expect that the company release the whole dam game. The rationing is really the only comparison I meant to make. I mean it's freakin absurd. What % of the data that is on the disc was unlocked on release? And 3 months later? And now? Its really, for lack of a better word, dumb, and it cost them tons of money and us tons of people to play with.

Not sure. I have no idea if Expert classes are on the disk, or not. On the other hand, the bigger issue is that PSU has no HD requirements for the game. That's the big limiter there. Unlike those other games, which use the Hard Drive, and actually add full content to the client; you can't do the same with this one. Events, and new missions, are about what they are stuck with, with this model. Until an expansion comes out. Still, perhaps a bit of a more justified model, is if they either keep the actual expansion releases cheap, or go to a Guild-Wars model of updates that you pay full price for.

Still, I appreciate whenever they release levels with new layouts and monsters I can't see offline. PSO was actually even worse with this. Back then, their actual updates and additions were so slim, you might as well say it was none. More like a lets get everything on the disk, and then that's it. Not even hardly an online-specific level arrangement, or extended classes. Really gave little incentive at all (content-wise) for Xbox and GC players to do anything but play split-screen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-01 14:11 ]</font>

Yoshiflash
Jun 1, 2007, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah, I should more directly address the topic.

The missions that lead up to this "reward" mission seem pretty cool.

The actual mission the video is taken of...is about the lamest thing I've ever seen.

Mostly dead enemies with 5X drop rate?

Where's the fun or challenge in that? Why not just give you a buncha items?

The reward, the be all end all of these missions, should be look more like this.

"OMG WTF THESE THINGS WONT DIE"

"HEAL GOD HEALFUCMAWODJD"

"OMG IM DEAD SOMEONE USE A MOON" "JESUSCHRIST WTF IS HAPPENING!!!! HELP ME!!!!"

15 minutes later....
"Wow, that was freakin HARD. But look at all these items that dropped. WEEEE!"

Dragwind
Jun 1, 2007, 04:22 PM
I'm so glad we're finally seeing more BGM choices here in our missions. Reminding me of some of the finer points of pso ^_^

Also, I think having more 10*'s floating around on our servers would be good for those who are just craving an S rank in general. Almost like in pso how crappy rares were easy to obtain, but they were still more fun to use because they were considered "rares."

RegulusHikari
Jun 1, 2007, 04:22 PM
As far as content is concerned, you need to look at this game as what it is, a new release, a V1.0. Problem is, it's constantly stuck in that "new release" phase. Why? Honestly, I think it is because Sega has seen it as a dying population and is milking the dedicated players for all that they are worth.

This game has so much potential and they're blowing it on half-ass biweekly "updates" of slightly more difficult/powerful versions of the same stuff we already have.

What potential does it have? Potential like Firebreak. Firebreak is FUN. Firebreak is a CHALLENGE. This Famitsu Cup also looks like a great teamwork event. Unfortunately, we have to wait MONTHS between these real events; these REAL updates. And that wouldn't be so bad if we had more to look forward to than "oh yay S2 versions of more missions nobody is going to run".

Segas method DOES NOT WORK. Hacking did not ruin this game. Sega did. Lack of content did.

And that's the sad truth. I don't think this turned out to be anything like what a lot of people expected. It's still a good game. I like it a lot but I'm clueless as to what Sega's goal is with it or what they're trying to achieve.

Niered
Jun 1, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-06-01 14:11, Yoshiflash wrote:
Oh yeah, I should more directly address the topic.

The missions that lead up to this "reward" mission seem pretty cool.

The actual mission the video is taken of...is about the lamest thing I've ever seen.

Mostly dead enemies with 5X drop rate?

Where's the fun or challenge in that? Why not just give you a buncha items?

The reward, the be all end all of these missions, should be look more like this.

"OMG WTF THESE THINGS WONT DIE"

"HEAL GOD HEALFUCMAWODJD"

"OMG IM DEAD SOMEONE USE A MOON" "JESUSCHRIST WTF IS HAPPENING!!!! HELP ME!!!!"

15 minutes later....
"Wow, that was freakin HARD. But look at all these items that dropped. WEEEE!"

It is a BONUS ROUND. You know those levels at the end of sonic, where if you have 50+ rings you go to a stage that nets you either lives or an emerald? Theyre not that hard! Thats because theyre meant to be a reward. The same applies to these stages, its just a kill-kill-kill stage that nets you items. Increasing the difficulty would simply DEFEAT the PURPOSE.

Now they should have maybe made the missions leading up to these bonus stages harder, but that really doesnt effect the bonus stages much. ALSO, remember that this event is only a week long. So giving the players insane drosp for such a short period doesnt seem that detrimental to me.

Lastly, to whoever keeps that Expert classes rumor going, please, please, please just stop. There never has been evidence of such things, and you wanting them to exist is just your humar/hunewheral complex at work.

Thank you.

Soukosa
Jun 1, 2007, 04:38 PM
7* dropping alot from lv 60 enemies doesn't mean 10* will be dropping alot from lv 100 enemies. On top of that, you still have to get the mats for it and half of those don't even drop from enemies. It's one thing to get the board and a whole 'nother to actually make it.

Though...

On 2007-06-01 13:39, Yoshiflash wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again and people are going to disagree again. The "rares" we're so excited about now are not REALLY rares. They are UNCOMMON drops from common enemies that are only rare due to the fact that the level cap/enemy level ratio is set as it is atm.

is quite true. I still wouldn't call them DB's Sabers though >.> You could get quite at least a couple of those "rare" weapons of that calibur per run back on PSO and I don't see it ever being the case here. Most 10* rares on PSO weren't that rare either and that's ignoring the duping. Really only the 11* and 12* rares were hard to get (12* especially). Here though I imagine 11* and 12* will be more like 10* rares and the 13*, 14*, 15* rares will be the "true" rares.

And those that are whining about rares being too hard to get because you have little time to play the game, just shut up about it already -_- All games have things that are geared more towards the more hard core players than the casual players. Right now, these 10* rares are PSU's version of that.

Yoshiflash
Jun 1, 2007, 04:41 PM
Bonus Rounds that are easy defeat the purpose in an action game IMO.

It's a tried and true equation.

Complete X missions/trials and get rewarded with X super mission/ hidden boss/ etc.

Defeat that and get your reward. Slaughtering almost dead enemies for normal drops is not a reward IMO. Its added monotony for an increased CHANCE at a reward.

A reward should be A: hand me an an item or B: a bigger challenge

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-06-01 14:50 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
In this case I agree with Neired.

Kamica
Jun 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-06-01 14:38, Sounomi wrote:
7* dropping alot from lv 60 enemies doesn't mean 10* will be dropping alot from lv 100 enemies. On top of that, you still have to get the mats for it and half of those don't even drop from enemies. It's one thing to get the board and a whole 'nother to actually make it.

It's not a "I think S ranks will drop often," its a "I KNOW S ranks will drop often". I have done a bunch of A rank runs myself. S ranks drop every single run pretty much.

JAFO22000
Jun 1, 2007, 05:23 PM
[b]On 2007-06-01 14:22, RegulusHikari wrote

Segas method DOES NOT WORK. Hacking did not ruin this game. Sega did. Lack of content did.

And that's the sad truth. I don't think this turned out to be anything like what a lot of people expected. It's still a good game. I like it a lot but I'm clueless as to what Sega's goal is with it or what they're trying to achieve.

Funny:

"Lack of content" is prevalent on both the PC/PS2 version of the game AND the 360 version.

"Hacking" is only prevalent (or was prevalent) on the PC/PS2 version.

It's the PC/PS2 version that is considered "dead" while the 360 version is still thriving with around the same amount of players as it had in the beginning.

Yet "lack of content" (again prevalent on BOTH versions) is what killed the game, not "hacking", which again is only prevalent on the "dead" version.

Very interesting.

Yoshiflash
Jun 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
if you believe the 360 version of the game is thriving I can only assume this is the only online game you've ever played.

I said hacking isnt what killed this game. I didn't say NO ONE left because of it. This game NEVER "thrived", not one day, on any platform.

The JP PC version is what we hold up as an example of the "thriving" platform and its population is miserable. Thriving means a company has to possibly ADD servers once the game takes off....we're in year one and sega is taking them AWAY from the most popular server set they have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-06-01 15:31 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 1, 2007, 05:32 PM
It's the PC/PS2 version that is considered "dead" while the 360 version is still thriving with around the same amount of players as it had in the beginning.

Them there are fighting words

HFlowen
Jun 1, 2007, 05:34 PM
The game is fine, it has a decent sized player base considering it isnt an actual MMORPG.

But you HAVE to admit the PC version screwed up, especially so for the ps2 users.

Lyrise
Jun 1, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-06-01 13:24, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote

That's not the case anymore. Now there's a sure way to get an S rank on the mission, the only exception is to have all 4 team members dead.

The rating is broken up into this:

[b]Time:
Under 20 mins = 5pt
Over 20 mins = 3 pt

Fami Chip:
Total of 3, each worth 1 pt

Enemy Kills:
Over 80 = 2 pt
Under 80 = 0 pt

Fami Chips:
The 1st and 3rd Fami chips don't need any explanation. As for the second chip, 1st send 1 member to the left side of the map to see what enemies there are. They will always be 2 of the same kind. From my experiences, they are either the "dog" or "claw" (sorry I don’t know any Japanese so that’s how I call them XD), but the difference don't just end there, see if they have any special abilities assigned to them, etc. shield/attack/king.

Now yell out to the other 3 members on the right side of the map of which type of enemy it is, and kill that exact same type of enemy, repeat 3 times.

Example: if the enemy on the left side is "claw shield" and on the right side of the map has 2 claws, one with a shield and the other with no sp abilities, kill the one with shield.

With this method, the 2nd Fami Chip is now guaranteed to be obtainable.

Note: You don't need to kill the enemies on the left side, just send someone in, have a look then head to the right to help out.

As for killing over 80 enemies, just clean out all the enemies in the 3 wraps (do so even if the key is provided to the wrap behind). With this, another 2 pt are guaranteed.

Time in this case will not be a factor, since the worse you could get is 3 pt. Now, all this adds up to 8 pt = S rank. Just as long as someone's alive at the end of the mission, all 4 will get to play the bonus mission.

Therefore the bonus mission is practically open to everyone. You might not get a 10 or compete for the time attack, but basically anyone can get an S.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dark_Heal_v2 on 2007-06-01 13:40 ]</font>

Skilled players and players with control, no problem. But when you have 2 of the same kind of monster, its still easy to mistake one for the other, and some people will slaughter the wrong one. ESPECIALLY those people who are spamhappy with AoE attacks.

Also, if your NPC is Remillia, you don't even need to go to the left, she flat out tells you not to hurt the koltovas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-06-01 17:11 ]</font>

Yoshiflash
Jun 1, 2007, 07:29 PM
ok, ok, I take it back to some extent about it the EX mission being a bad reward.

after reading that the lvl 100 enemies drop S ranks often it does seem you're pretty much GOING to get something for your effort.

What still turns me off is that its yet another addition to the game in which there's little to no real challenge present and you dont really GET anything for your accomplishment.
Just more random drops and some , probably, easily attainable crazy lookin weapons.

I want to be able to earn something that makes people go "wow, you actually did that mission?"

And its not to cater to my ego, every online game has it. People NEED some level of competition between themselves. Some goal to strive for.

All we have is trying to get to the new level cap faster than everyone else, and being forced to make up our own competitions by beating missions faster than each other. Aside from that there is NOTHING but grinding for random chance drops in this game.

natewifi
Jun 1, 2007, 07:38 PM
You guys, the whole concept of why there are so many rares is that it is a BONUS STAGE, aka mario gets 5 extra men by selecting the right box, in this case you get as many items as you can within the time limit.

Umberger
Jun 1, 2007, 07:48 PM
Wow, I'm impressed.

/eagerly awaits this event as well.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 1, 2007, 07:50 PM
THAT WAS B RANK!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

MaximusLight
Jun 1, 2007, 07:51 PM
Tee hee, I made a comment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-06-04 00:02 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Jun 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
The argument of PSU's quality and content isn't for this topic. We'll probably end up getting this locked, or our posts deleted.

The main problem is we have different views on the meaning of "dead" and the fairness of ST's bi-weekly updates. Some think that they're $10 is going to a good cause and that ST is doing a good job. Others wonder why it's paying for things we won't be getting for a year, because all of the things leading up to it are already or almost ready to be released.

I did, however, make it seem like hacking wasn't a big problem. On the contrary, it was, because four of my real life friends and countless in game ones quit because of it. That doesn't mean this game wouldn't be a lot better off if we had more and a bigger variety of things to do.

Golto
Jun 1, 2007, 08:20 PM
I guess some people forget you can't excess these missions with lvl 30 characters. So anyone who is lvled enough to make it to the A bonus missions have put in enough time to deserve S ranks. So http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif you elitists who are for rares for only the stupidly lucky with the way the current drop system for our servers works.

You could put in 200 hours and never see a srank which is just stupid.

Lyrise
Jun 1, 2007, 09:14 PM
You hit the nail on the head. the minimum level for A is 55... but would you attempt to fight lv100 monsters as a lv55 character? And if so, do you honestly believe you can achieve an S grade? Especially if they include vahras? The drop rate is high, I'll give you that, but its not godly like I or other people before me have made it out to be.

I really should clarify how the bonus levels work. The video illustrates a lot of it, all monsters have their drop rates boosted 250%. Meaning they will most likely drop something (not necessarily a rare item). When you see the message on the side show up briefly which says "Rare Drop rate up" It means for the duration that the message is up, anything that dies has a 500% rare drop rate boost (Once again, it doesn't guarantee that the rare will drop; heck, no guarantees your monster will DIE befor the message disappears.). This message can last anywhere from 5-30 seconds, and its rather random in when it decides to show up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-06-01 19:15 ]</font>

Serephim
Jun 1, 2007, 11:42 PM
Sonic Heroes theme?

STUPID SONIC TEAM GOD

At least use the only EXCEPTIONAL track in the game for PSU player's amusement..

Why diddnt they use "What im Made of"? That would have been so fucking awesome to fight to, i need not even speak of it.

Dark_Heal_v2
Jun 1, 2007, 11:55 PM
On 2007-06-01 17:00, Lyrise wrote:

Skilled players and players with control, no problem. But when you have 2 of the same kind of monster, its still easy to mistake one for the other, and some people will slaughter the wrong one. ESPECIALLY those people who are spamhappy with AoE attacks.

Also, if your NPC is Remillia, you don't even need to go to the left, she flat out tells you not to hurt the koltovas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-06-01 17:11 ]</font>

Go up close to the monster to make sure its the right one (king claws, shield claws, normal claws all look different).

I have only met Remillia only once so far.

For the wrap at the beginning, go onto both of them and listen which gives a humming noise... one should be silent and the other isn't, the one with the noise is the correct path.

For the 3 wraps, pay attention to the location of the flower behind them. There should be one behind either one of the wraps. The correct wrap will be on the left side of the flower.

Example:
Flower on the right, take middle wrap
Flower in the middle, take left wrap
Flower on the left, take right wrap

This will work great if going for time attack (getting 5 pt for being under 20 mins but giving up the 2 pt for killing over 80 enemies) or simply soloing for rappy feather. These methods basically defeated the purpose of being "instinctive" anymore.

All the credit for these info I have said so far goes to the people of Baha (A Taiwanese PSU BBS)
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=00197&snA=3936&locked=F&tnum=9&subbsn=0&Bpage=1&author=KAW

gambit04
Jun 2, 2007, 12:09 AM
Wow that is awesome nice for getting some rares and it only took 4mins wow my shop will be back in business.

Kamica
Jun 2, 2007, 12:54 AM
Crimson drops as well apparently

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/psu20070602_144150_003.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-06-01 22:58 ]</font>

Isabella
Jun 2, 2007, 06:46 AM
Thank god....I hatedthose things.

physic
Jun 2, 2007, 08:13 AM
seems like a good challenging mission, witha reward, lets face it, although firebreak moattob and parum are a lot ore fun and difficult, neudaiz is completeed first, and its gotten 600k more since it hit 100 whereas moattoob and parum combine for like 200k in the same time. They need to give rewards for these events

As far as difficulty, its probably way more difficult than regular mission, and its a limited time mission. Add to that the 500% means 5X i have done about 80 s2 runs, i have not seen a drop of an srank, 5x isnt gonna flood eth world with sranks, especially not in just one week.

the point of the bonus is simply a bonus, its supposed to be a kill fest.

FFXI comparison again, ok ter that it went up when ffxi came out in japan, the level cap on the game was 50, 5 levels per increment, the cap was level 70 when NA got the game which was almost 1 year later, that means 20 levels increase in one year, since the game has come out the cap hasnt increased at all. The only reason you had so much content in FFXI was because you came late. Essentially the game started with the 3 basic towns and the areas around them. One thing about ffxi, they were able to add real content without expansions. this allowed it to grow a lot more. they also have no limit to how much info they can have at once.

Now im not saying sega shouldnt release more stuff faster, or give people more to start with, but honestly at this point, if you started today, there d be a fair amount of content in the game, people are mad at them releasing higher diffuclty of same levels, but how many of these levels do you actually play? how many people do train , rougues hideout, tunnel recapture, how many still do bruce? Why do you want new levels? so you can ignore them and spam the current hot mission?

Annnyhow the quests look like great ideas to me, and keep in mind this is only one of teh series of missions, if they only give you a week per, then you have a few days to figure it out, a few days to spam it, then its gone, it really not that hax people, not to mention since 11 stars seem to be boss only, you wont get any of those.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
On 2007-06-01 17:29, Yoshiflash wrote:
ok, ok, I take it back to some extent about it the EX mission being a bad reward.

after reading that the lvl 100 enemies drop S ranks often it does seem you're pretty much GOING to get something for your effort.

What still turns me off is that its yet another addition to the game in which there's little to no real challenge present and you dont really GET anything for your accomplishment.
Just more random drops and some , probably, easily attainable crazy lookin weapons.

I want to be able to earn something that makes people go "wow, you actually did that mission?"

And its not to cater to my ego, every online game has it. People NEED some level of competition between themselves. Some goal to strive for.

All we have is trying to get to the new level cap faster than everyone else, and being forced to make up our own competitions by beating missions faster than each other. Aside from that there is NOTHING but grinding for random chance drops in this game.

Quoted for truth.
I would simply like to point out (as many people have already pointed out) that the special items in this game are merely obtainable by trading or by spamming missions in the hope that the game hands the rare items to you on a silver platter. Just because you put 300+ hours into a game does not mean that you earned it. Now, defeating a particularly hard enemy, or a mission under particularly hard conditions, THAT is earning something. Having to S-rank this special mission is at least a step in the right direction. Stuff probably needs to be harder though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-06-02 08:52 ]</font>

Kamica
Jun 2, 2007, 01:34 PM
Famitsu Cup: A full inventory of S-rank weapons for all

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU623.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-06-02 14:34 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jun 2, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-06-02 11:34, Kamica wrote:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU622.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dark_Heal_v2
Jun 3, 2007, 11:06 PM
I have done the bonus mission a dozen of times but have yet to get a single S-rank board drop for me.

Kamica
Jun 4, 2007, 07:13 AM
On 2007-06-03 21:06, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:
I have done the bonus mission a dozen of times but have yet to get a single S-rank board drop for me.

That's some downright awful luck. I have only been playing two days worth of A rank games and I already have enough halarod boards to equate to a full paette of Halarods(assuming my next four suceed...)

Arika
Jun 4, 2007, 07:23 AM
Kamica, how is the rappy appear rate? I heard that when NPC come out the rate of rappy to appear is very high, then HOW IS THE RATE TO SEE NPC ?

Niloklives
Jun 4, 2007, 07:25 AM
On 2007-06-01 12:49, Akaimizu wrote:
An event like this, makes it so that more people who did put in the 800+ hours of work, get something for their trouble. More prizes for the ones putting in effort.

2k+ Here...my best find was a cati senba board...I have two lvl 80s and hundreds of runs in all of the various high rank drop spots...the number of covetable rares I've even SEEN drop in parties I can count on one hand with fingers to spare.

I'm PRAYING for this event.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 09:41 AM
That's some downright awful luck. I have only been playing two days worth of A rank games and I already have enough halarod boards to equate to a full paette of Halarods(assuming my next four suceed...)

...... I WANT THIS EVENT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-06-04 07:47 ]</font>

Eleina
Jun 4, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-06-02 11:34, Kamica wrote:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU623.jpg

Fun even if i don't need halarods <.<

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 09:48 AM
It's not awful luck, it's just absolutely unbalanced luck. If anybody thinks the way things are now provide better rewards vs. effort, then they've obviously seen this game with a skewed perspective. An event like this, slightly evens the playground for those with similar efforts behind them. Besides, it's not like everything is available yet. There's an entire class or two that has no usable S ranks even available. (plus it wont do anything for boss-drops) Perhaps by the time we should see such an event, more weapon S-ranks would be available. But as of right now, it'll just be bargaining material for such people. I'm also pretty sure a good few even already available rares don't drop from this limited time event.

And like Elenia said, so many of us can't even use or have no use for such rods. That leaves a whole lot of everything else we still need to get.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-04 07:49 ]</font>

Ryoki
Jun 4, 2007, 09:49 AM
On 2007-06-01 07:17, Golto wrote:
Lol at people who are crying that 10* weapons won't be as rare. They will be the garbage of rares eventually so get over it.

High-Grinded will be possible now, because no one will care if it breaks. I like that.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 09:49 AM
I dont need halarods either...but wait a newman needs a halarod, Trading a rucar for hala rod. I neednt say ne more.

Eleina
Jun 4, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-06-04 07:49, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-06-01 07:17, Golto wrote:

High-Grinded will be possible now, because no one will care if it breaks. I like that.

high-grinded? lol you need an average of 40 9* weps to exepect to get ONE to +10...ppl won't be having over +3 - +4 on S weps unless they are crazy and have some mad luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 09:54 AM
You got that right. People are having enough trouble grinding A weapons. I really feel for those who went ahead of me, and had multiple A weapons break on the first grind.

panzer_unit
Jun 4, 2007, 10:04 AM
GRM and its nice stat boosts for grinding +1 ~ +3 for the win, yo. Of course, with every A rank being brand-specific that's sort of a moot point.

PSU has so much to look forward to than run one mission over and over for S-ranks... you've got PA levels to work on, additional classes to rank up, and throwing all the additional materials you get into "common" elemental armor and weapons where a high element level is totally equal to a rare item type.

Ryoki
Jun 4, 2007, 10:07 AM
On 2007-06-04 08:04, panzer_unit wrote:
GRM and its nice stat boosts for grinding +1 ~ +3 for the win, yo. Of course, with every A rank being brand-specific that's sort of a moot point.

PSU has so much to look forward to than run one mission over and over for S-ranks... you've got PA levels to work on, additional classes to rank up, and throwing all the additional materials you get into "common" elemental armor and weapons where a high element level is totally equal to a rare item type.

Also true. These are essentially Varistas and Diska of Liberators. You pretty much find em without trying.

Kamica
Jun 4, 2007, 04:44 PM
This equipment, combined with my Sori/Technicharge, maximizes my output of power with force. Let the fun commence.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU627.jpg

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2007, 05:32 PM
Congratulations??

I mean, basically you have 6 s rank weapons which dropped about as frequently as Love Berries. Not really anything to brag about..

AND, you would probably truly maximize your output by grinding those Howrods 10 times...(Assuming those are howrods. My Japanese is a bit rusty. {By "rusty", I mean "non-existant"})

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-06-04 15:41 ]</font>

Golto
Jun 4, 2007, 05:40 PM
Congrats Kamica, too bad there isn't an enemy to drop Blackbull boards like that.

Ethan-Waber
Jun 4, 2007, 06:04 PM
Lawl, if only PSU had the PSO gifoie... or rafoie... whichever was the spinning fire one... That would pwn those n00bz!

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2007, 07:34 PM
wow cg kamica. but what about your support techs? doesnt the guranarodokku have more pp than hararodou?
4 hararodou and 2 guranarodokku sounds good to me.

danny_o
Jun 4, 2007, 08:14 PM
I am...so confused...

Arika
Jun 4, 2007, 08:31 PM
What is the percentage to encounter NPCs character? they appear easy?

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2007, 09:04 PM
from my exp, most of the time, an NPC shows up. however, its my understanding that different npcs carry different rappy appearance rates w/ em. the woman (sorry dunno her name) seems to be the best. rappies usually show up if you get her.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 6, 2007, 11:23 PM
On 2007-06-04 14:44, Kamica wrote:
This equipment, combined with my Sori/Technicharge, maximizes my output of power with force. Let the fun commence.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU627.jpg

And yet you still can't get to the end of the bonus stage? O.o

On 2007-06-04 15:40, Golto wrote:
Congrats Kamica, too bad there isn't an enemy to drop Blackbull boards like that.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/psu20070602_203721_005.jpg
Only Stormline, Halarod, Meteor Cannon, and Two Head Ragnus drop on a frequent basis; The rest of the GRM S ranks are found in the very last set of boxes, and they don't appear all that frequently. At least it's a hella lot better than trying to get Blackbull dropping off Meghanna or Dark Fakis.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 11:32 PM
Only Stormline, Halarod, Meteor Cannon, and Two Head Ragnus drop on a frequent basis

.... I will kill for this event

Alkaar
Jun 7, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-06-06 21:23, FOnewearl-Lina wrote:

The rest of the GRM S ranks are found in the very last set of boxes, and they don't appear all that frequently.

What are the rest of the GRM S rank?

Niloklives
Jun 7, 2007, 02:36 PM
black bull...etc...

Alkaar
Jun 7, 2007, 02:45 PM
Black Bull, eh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I hope the boxes will be so nice as to generate a [B]Black Bull or two for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Soukosa
Jun 7, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-06-07 12:31, Alkaar wrote:

The rest of the GRM S ranks are found in the very last set of boxes, and they don't appear all that frequently.

[B] Crimson, [B] Huge Cutter, [B] Sweet Death, [B] Viper, [B] Blackbull, and [B] Muzzlefever.

Yes, there are some in there that can't be found any where else yet.

Alkaar
Jun 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:23, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-06-07 12:31, Alkaar wrote:

[B] Crimson, [B] Huge Cutter, [B] Sweet Death, [B] Viper, [B] Blackbull, and [B] Muzzlefever.

Yes, there are some in there that can't be found any where else yet.

Now I'm assuming that those will be EX mission box drops and regular mission drops as well, right?

Soukosa
Jun 7, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:50, Alkaar wrote:
Now I'm assuming that those will be EX mission box drops and regular mission drops as well, right?

Yes, those are reported rares from the boss boxes in the missions. They should eventually drop from normal enemies. I imagine quite a few new S grade boards will show up in HIVE S2 when they finally release it.

Golto
Jun 7, 2007, 04:54 PM
So does the 11* [B] Bil De Axe drop in the new bonus mission that has Bils? I'm guessing some of the Tenora 10* [B] will be dropping from boss? boxes too then looking at some of the above posts?

Rashiid
Jun 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
whats an EX mission....

Umberger
Jun 7, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-05-31 22:05, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:

Kamica
Jun 7, 2007, 05:49 PM
As many of you probably know, there are three types of
S rank drops in the EX missions. In the first mission, it looked like this:

extremely common:
Halarod
Ragnus

common:
stormline
meteor cannon

rare:
all GRM 10 stars

In the new moatoob mission, it looks like this:

extremely common:
Bil de Axe
Mugunruk

common:
rabol rebfa
shigga desta

rare:
all Tenora Works 10 stars

Video coming soon!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-06-07 15:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-06-09 13:03 ]</font>

ryvius
Jun 7, 2007, 05:54 PM
I noticed Rabol Dunga is dropping on the latest EX mission on B... can you confirm that it works like Phantom line/Nafri senba/etc? Seems like it'd make Cubo Dungas ridiculously powerful

vitoer
Jun 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
this mission willl prob coem otu after the level 90 cap. IM saying this bc the person that filmed the video was level 89 i think or was that just the crappy youtube qualitY?

Orin654
Jun 7, 2007, 06:46 PM
What lvl must u be for the EX mission A

Kamica
Jun 7, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-06-07 16:43, vitoer wrote:
this mission willl prob coem otu after the level 90 cap. IM saying this bc the person that filmed the video was level 89 i think or was that just the crappy youtube qualitY?

You are correct. The current cap is level 90.

On 2007-06-07 16:46, Orin654 wrote:
What lvl must u be for the EX mission A

Level 55 for all A rank missions.

DragonStorm
Jun 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
awesome video....tho i still want my crea doubles >.>...must reach lv 55...currently at 47 lol.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 7, 2007, 07:39 PM
How long until US/EU servers get this?

PALRAPPYS
Jun 7, 2007, 07:45 PM
Is the Bil De Axe really that common of a drop on the new Moatoob mission?

lol... if it is, my brother will be spamming that place to get like, 6 of them. XD

Soukosa
Jun 7, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-06-07 15:49, Kamica wrote:
rare:
all GRM 10 stars

Have you seen proof of all of them coming out from here? There's still some that I haven't seen screens of or reports of it dropping, such as the 10* Twin Handgun. Just curious about that.

If each of the bonus missions have a chance of dropping any of the 10* gears from that planet's brand, you'd have to wonder what the colony ones will drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On a side note, Tero / Rainbow has been reported to drop from the Moatoob bonus mission boss boxes on B and A rank. It boosts the element of the shield line by 12% instead of 8%. Pic for those that must have it (http://www.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu4412.jpg).

Almighty_Envy
Jun 7, 2007, 11:42 PM
I like the white spots all over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

gambit04
Jun 8, 2007, 01:18 AM
Yes that is a lot of censoring in that picture...cool though...too bad it's gonna be way overpriced...

How hard was it to find one of these? I'm guessing extremely b/c of boss box.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 8, 2007, 03:46 AM
On 2007-06-07 18:54, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-06-07 15:49, Kamica wrote:
rare:
all GRM 10 stars

Have you seen proof of all of them coming out from here? There's still some that I haven't seen screens of or reports of it dropping, such as the 10* Twin Handgun. Just curious about that.

If each of the bonus missions have a chance of dropping any of the 10* gears from that planet's brand, you'd have to wonder what the colony ones will drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On a side note, Tero / Rainbow has been reported to drop from the Moatoob bonus mission boss boxes on B and A rank. It boosts the element of the shield line by 12% instead of 8%. Pic for those that must have it (http://www.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu4412.jpg).

I think Hyper Viper's gonna be a colony drop, it's the only 10s GRM board I haven't seen drop in that mission.

Dark_Heal_v2
Jun 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
Mum! Looook!! I have made the headlines~~~!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/ALPHONSETSE/kiribann.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dark_Heal_v2 on 2007-06-11 08:56 ]</font>

JC10001
Jun 11, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-06-07 15:54, ryvius wrote:
I noticed Rabol Dunga is dropping on the latest EX mission on B... can you confirm that it works like Phantom line/Nafri senba/etc? Seems like it'd make Cubo Dungas ridiculously powerful

I'd like to know this as well.