PDA

View Full Version : Grind curiosity...

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 1, 2007, 12:33 AM
Does a weapon with no element (Green) have a higher success rate at grinding than a weapon with an element percent?
Just curious because hadn't really thought about it until now...

Non-element weapons have higher synthesis rates, why not grind rates as well?

Skuda
Jun 1, 2007, 12:39 AM
I think the grinder technicians adjust the photon generator in the weapon, not the actual photon core/cluster themselves. I'm pretty sure Photons all function in the same way. The elemental ones just have.. elemental properties.

This would only affect melee weapons, if it were to work that way, since ranged and casting weapons are non elemental at their base.

panzer_unit
Jun 1, 2007, 08:27 AM
I like having a non-elemental weapon with very high grind levels - as far as I can go on High chances, or higher if I've gotten a couple that far - as a backup for the elemental melee gear I carry. They work everywhere and hit harder than an off-element weapon (which in my case is gonna be lower rank and grind level, to avoid wasting photons)

You can buy 'em outright and/or make 'em more easily (less wasted cash) and none of them are too special to risk blowing up. They don't grind better than elemental versions but you can afford to take more risks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-06-01 06:29 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jun 1, 2007, 04:11 PM
to continue with panzer's thought, if you charater has low ATP, a very well ground weapon will be superior in damage to a low % unground weapon.

I use a +7 Berdys sometimes.