PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: like beasts to the slaughter

Shishi-O
Jun 2, 2007, 02:00 AM
beasts without a supportive force, are pretty much trimate/ scape/ meseta wasters.

the only supportive force i can do my job around is AresDeath

shouldn't the endcap lvl beasts( combined w/ say the Ff class) have lvl 1 regeneration??

wich could easily be supplemented by a hp restore.

ive died too many times by megid man's dambarta, while there is a fortetecher right next to me casting zonde??

this never happens with aresdeath.

every other class can pretty much sit back and cast/ shoot.

Ff has to get up close and personal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-06-02 00:07 ]</font>

landman
Jun 2, 2007, 03:01 AM
Then go always with a techer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eleina
Jun 2, 2007, 03:10 AM
On 2007-06-02 00:00, Shishi-O wrote:
beasts without a supportive force, are pretty much trimate/ scape/ meseta wasters.

the only supportive force i can do my job around is AresDeath

Beasts can play Force as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

shouldn't the endcap lvl beasts( combined w/ say the Ff class) have lvl 1 regeneration??

This wouldn't change much really

ive died too many times by megid man's dambarta, while there is a fortetecher right next to me casting zonde??

Don't melee the jarba? or do it from behind where dambarta can't hit you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You can always use a handgun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Grand_Rider
Jun 2, 2007, 10:08 AM
Rather than looking to make one race more self-sufficient, one should look to other players, roles and races to fill in the gaps.

Kylie
Jun 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
My main's a beast, and I don't have that bad of a time staying alive. Maybe it's a difference in skill. =] I have seen that a lot of beats aren't very cautious at all though... Most of them are the type that like to run into a mob and attack relentlessly until everything is dead, whether they're being hit by dambarta or damfoie. Me? I'm a very cautious fighter. I don't get into big crowds too often, I lookout for the "dam" spells, and I use my nanoblast sparingly (since the one I use leaves me open to attacks).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-02 08:20 ]</font>

Kimil
Jun 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
Why does this have a 'PSU-360' tag in the title?
Last time I checked, Beasts were universal to all PSU servers. =O

amtalx
Jun 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
Solution: Make a Cast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

DEM_CIG
Jun 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
I'm a Fighgunner

Isabella
Jun 2, 2007, 12:24 PM
I am not cautious because I liek tobe frozen. :]

Shishi-O
Jun 2, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-06-02 08:18, Kylie wrote:
My main's a beast, and I don't have that bad of a time staying alive. Maybe it's a difference in skill. =] I have seen that a lot of beats aren't very cautious at all though... Most of them are the type that like to run into a mob and attack relentlessly until everything is dead, whether they're being hit by dambarta or damfoie. Me? I'm a very cautious fighter. I don't get into big crowds too often, I lookout for the "dam" spells, and I use my nanoblast sparingly (since the one I use leaves me open to attacks).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-02 08:20 ]</font>
this is non-malicious sarcasm.

i feel like i am not working if i stay back and use the handgun.

megids always kills 3-4 times before it dies, if i stay back and handgun.

if i use heavy twins it's dead in like half a minute.

i am very cautious, but a little support would be great if i feel i have to kill it as soon as possible, cuz not everyone uses scapes, cuz they think they won't die( assholes)

i don't want an "a"

i usually just timate myself if i know the force is worthless/ there is no force.

but this also costs like 10k in trimates.

my maylee hit powered hand gun uses pp like a mofo so i run out quickly, and if i am just taking it easy.....wouldn't you boot someone u saw was just shooting a hand gun every couple seconds taking a shot or two??

btw HPC consumes 150% pp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-06-02 11:29 ]</font>

Kion
Jun 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
Beasts like any other class rely on their PA's. Apply the situtaion and the weapion you're using to what PA will help you most. Mobile PA's like assualt crush can apply massive amounts of damage while avoiding enemy attacks. On the other hand one sweeping move of rising crush can send surrounding enemies flying, and create an openning for you to reposition yourself. Fortefighter beasts also have very generous PP consumption, and carry photon charges in case you run out.

Beasts have high defense stats as their the van gaurd of the party. Soloing and knowing what the enemy AI will do will go along way in helping to keep down trimate consumption. Knock-back photon art will cause bil-de-vears to spin. Don't complain if you make it spin and waste a scape doll for doing so. Go-Vahras are fast and cheap, but you can avoid their stikes if you run past them as they jump towards you and counter with a PA as they turn. You can figure the rest out on your own.

I also recomend invicible badge for higher levels. The other three badges last too long in my opion. Either all enemies in a room are delt with too quickly and the nano is wasted running to the next room, or the players hp drops too low and with a worthless/no force in the party, the nano is wasted hiding in the back of the room. Invincibility lasts just long enough for one room, and not having to worry about HP you can keep piling on damage with reckless abandon.

Any morron runing into battle with an axe relying on massive damage is going to get pwned. Beasts have to think on their feat. If you can't take being fortefighter then try another class while you level up, get more hp and stock up on equipment before going back.

Eleina
Jun 2, 2007, 02:49 PM
As stated above switch classes if you can't handle fF
And take off the HPC if you can't handle pp consumption http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neith
Jun 2, 2007, 03:12 PM
Beasts get slaughtered?

That's what Dimate/Trimate are for, and if you're 'wasting' them, surely you're doing the right thing.

Lonzell
Jun 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
I wonder if this thread is a wordplay/pun on how easy it is to get people riled up on a topic.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
Hunters spend money on trimates, forces/rangers spend money on PP charges... that's how it's suppose to work out...

THE JACKEL

Kion
Jun 2, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-06-02 13:19, Lonzell wrote:
I wonder if this thread is a wordplay/pun on how easy it is to get people riled up on a topic.

probably

Lonzell
Jun 2, 2007, 03:33 PM
lol I love these guys. When I get bored at work, I just watch the sparks fly here.

Shishi-O
Jun 3, 2007, 12:09 AM
read my posts they are very specific.

and state an exact issue.

i spend on charges and trimates to reduce S2 time as much as possible.

HPC is frikkin hot to death/ truly an awesome thing.

i use heavy twins behind the jarbas that kill thier mobility/ cut them to ribbons( i have save many a teamate this way)

it is usually when i have to recharge that dambarta is utilised, it always happens in every party, the force sees the bambarta, and does not cast resta.

being a victim of this lapse, if u ever see me play as Mindy you never need a monomate even, i get my hits in, i buff, and whenever i see dambarta, you can bet your ass i already am casting resta.

people don't die playing with me, unless it's a one hit kill.

even as Romulus i keep star atomizers on tap( none in the range of my star atomizer dies)

and to cost.

as Mindy, i only do a photon recharge for under 1k

malice_nyc
Jun 3, 2007, 11:09 AM
Just wait for the Safety Heart to be released... your big, brawny male beast will be surrounded by floating pink hearts! It will look very cute, and give HP restore level 2!

Personally, I think better class balance could've been achieved by giving Newman fortefighters free trimates for life from the Neudaiz item shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SuperRygar
Jun 3, 2007, 11:18 AM
what's the point of this topic? to say "if you dont heal all the time, you suck" using a trimate to heal yourself is not wasting it. and if you had common sense you would run back when you see dambarta coming. there is lag in this game, and just because someone is next to you on their screen doesnt mean your next to them on their screen. i've seen ppl die when i try to heal them cause they are too far away. ...what was the point of this thread again? i think u just suck at this game so u need to complain

Shishi-O
Jun 6, 2007, 04:27 PM
are you being attacked??

this is a poll about an idea, the reason for said idea was stated.

as a beast, who has those issues, i know how it happens so i am there to prevent it when i am a force( mindy)

and as for your alternative title, it is a bit mean spirited.

having lvl 2 restore would rock.

VanHalen
Jun 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-06-02 08:37, Kimil wrote:
Why does this have a 'PSU-360' tag in the title?
Last time I checked, Beasts were universal to all PSU servers. =O

Don't tell them that! *puts you in the cupboard*

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2007, 04:39 PM
Only if Safety heart is like the offline one. Then again, that's a pretty cheesy armor attachment. Seriously. I'm sure it'll be lowered online. Offline, it turns absolutely anybody into a Super hero. Might as well say, putting it on turns the game into City of Heroes (or Planets of Heroes). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Funny enough, I always thought of the Fighter and the Techer as mutually needed entities. It certainly had been with my Human Guntecher. I miss the days when Magician and Tynselle made the unstoppable duo. It was like each one made up for each other's weaknesses. I needed him just as much as he needed me. Whenever we added a ForteTecher, it was just adding more power to the fold with every attack aspect covered.

However, since shielded folk were normally only bullet-resistant, and the melee-resistant weren't shielded. It does offer a surprisingly large amount of the game where an exchange between the melee artist and the gunner were the main things that covered weaknesses, with the Fortetecher being the all-around additional damage-pounder.

I'm pretty much raised to support those two classes, though I do have an easier time with it, if I have a good fighter on my side. Beasts rock with them. I do a bit better with the mutual keeping us healthy and poweful thing, with them. All in the balance, I say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-06 14:43 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jun 6, 2007, 05:36 PM

The fT is doing what you ain't doing; surviving.

Seriously though, get someone with Mayalee Fury and stun lock Jarbas and Gol Dovas... buy them additional mechguns if you have to. Or, try attacking from behind where only maybe 1 tick on the Jarba Dambarta hits, and not all 3.

panzer_unit
Jun 6, 2007, 06:18 PM

1. fF's don't do bad damage with a handgun, just because of their super high base ATP... a PT with level 30 handgun skills barely hits harder.

2. Jarbas should just be called "dodge megid and shoot me"... sometimes it's appropriate to choose life instead of trying to play the hero. Even your very best melee damage isn't great against those guys. They're MEANT to be a gunner's job. It's ok.

Shishi-O
Jun 8, 2007, 08:24 PM
the same dying while they are casting zonde has happened about 5x since.

today i didn't die,....but i was in a party of 3 techers and i had to beg to be healed. i had to leave the field and call them out in front of the group.

they were casting....take a guess.

when the PL got rid of them he/she made sure to ask for forces that heal people.

this is not a joke, i am not mocking, i wish to god i made this up...i can't name names, but thank god aries death has returned.

i am currently leveling fred.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-06-08 18:32 ]</font>

Saigan
Jun 9, 2007, 07:52 AM
On 2007-06-02 13:19, Lonzell wrote:

I second the motion.

VanHalen
Jun 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
So.....like.....you carry no Dimates whatsoever?

danny_o
Jun 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
*ahem* FIND SOME BETTER PARTIERS! Or go wartecher, screw every one else!

DurakkenX
Jun 9, 2007, 11:30 AM
you know....I don't know why people always groan about Jarbas... even as a fortefighter they are one of the easiest enemies to deal with. and you have to do is get a progressive PA, such as Dagger, Double Saber, Twin Saber, and some other weapons have and just make sure to constantly be hitting it and turning it with your movement. The only time people mess this up is due to lack of PP or because of other idiots in the party. Jarbas in general are easy as hell to fight... i'd take them over just about anything else save for maybe Clyez's colony missions... Their only major power is megid which if unless thee is multiple enemies and your alone or you just have stupid ppl in your party is completely useless v.v

Tykwa
Jun 9, 2007, 02:22 PM
Ive gone through countless missions using handguns/twins/machineguns and have Never taken a hit, i've started a beast and a force and since youve got attacks that delay most of the times, I get hit tons, and don't forget, my force gets 1 hitted alot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And even if im a force i still carry healing items, you NEVER know when you might have some flame-ball coming at you and you r out of pp or have the wrong wand out., just pop in a mono or somthing.

Shishi-O
Jun 9, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-06-09 07:35, VanHalen wrote:
So.....like.....you carry no Dimates whatsoever?

i ran out, that is why i had to ask.