PDA

View Full Version : What is your idea of

MrFortegunner
Jun 2, 2007, 11:54 PM
When I say this, I mean to describe to me the race, lvl, class, weps, pa's, and use of each party member.
Here is my ideal party:

lvl 80 newman male fortetecher: For heals, buffs, and some damage too.

lvl 80 cast male fortefighter: Has all the group attacking Pa's and weps. used as a tank and massive damage doer. He's supposed to attract most of the attention of all mobs. He's a cast so he could have lots of def. to help him.

lvl 80 beast male fortefighter: has all the pas that deal massive damage to 1 or 2 people. used as a tank and a massive damage doer.

lvl 80 cast male fortegunner: This guy is for crowd control. He'll have a laser cannons with the ult. PA to blast back mobs. He'll have a mech. gun with the ult. PA to knock up and stop mobs in their tracks. He'll have 2 grenade launchers with the ult. PA to stop mobs from doing damage. He'll have dual handguns with the ult. PA to def down the mobs to get them vaulnerauble. He'll also a shotgun with the ult. PA for further de-buffing.

lvl 80 cast male fortegunner: This guy is all about damage doing and status affecting. He'll have six phantoms, each with different elements, which he will use to wreak havoc on all enemies, no matter what element or size.

lvl 80 human male protranser: This guy is mostly to ensue havoc and discord among mobs with his many traps.

So, this is my ideal party, if you want, you may share yours.

P.S: sorry there are no females in my party^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrFortegunner on 2007-06-03 17:14 ]</font>

gundam0079
Jun 2, 2007, 11:56 PM
to long to write, but to sum it up all my good friends and thats that.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 3, 2007, 12:01 AM
lvl 80 Newman female FT- Best type of Techer, good for support

lvl 80 Cast Male GT- For quick special effects

lvl 80 Human Male PT- Can use traps for quick damage and SE

lvl 80 Beast Male FF- High damaging attacks

lvl 80 Newman Female FT- More support and backup/ Offensive Techs

lvl 50 Cast Male ??- Someone to blame party mistakes on

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-06-02 22:02 ]</font>

Korokodo13
Jun 3, 2007, 12:14 AM
My Idea is:

2x Beast Fortefighters - you need a frontline
2x Cast Fortegunners - you need support
1x Newman Fortetecher - you need healing and casting support
1x Human Protranser - you need variety to SE enemies, give support, and be a heavy frontline soldier incase something goes wrong...

Ether
Jun 3, 2007, 12:20 AM
6x Female Newman, class doesn't matter

Almighty_Envy
Jun 3, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-06-02 22:20, Ether wrote:
6x Female Newman, class doesn't matter

Any room for a Male Human? Cmon u can go 5x Female Newmans

Africa
Jun 3, 2007, 12:26 AM
hmm. these are alot more rigid than i'd go for, but i generally go with what works as a group so any random mix can be efficient and with the right ppl usually is. Also fortetechers can do more than support by buffs,it's there choice.I really don't care or think it should matter much as long as you can do an efficient and enjoyable job as a team.Yes I've seen ppl go ballistic because nobody buffed them.

VanHalen
Jun 3, 2007, 12:28 AM
Any party that has me.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 3, 2007, 12:28 AM
Yes its there perogitive if they buff you or not. By support though i meant healing and reverser as well. And on top of that launching nukes at enemies to help thin out the mobs.

Zorafim
Jun 3, 2007, 12:29 AM
We need a healer and supporter, so fortetecher is a must. Status is great most of the time, so a transer is wanted (gunner if there are flying enemies in your stage). Someone is needed to keep the enemy's attention, so a fortefighter should be added as well. After laying down this core, we can add in whoever we want. Ideally, I would see an additional techer (to deal with tech weak enemies if the other techer is busy, and to lessen the strain on healing), a gunner if you already had a transer (or vice versa, so the transer can deal with things that need to be statused immediately while the gunner damages or uses guns strategically), and an additional hunter (for additional damage, and to keep monsters off the other hunter).
So, I'd think it's something like:

Fortefighter
Hunter job
Protranser
Ranger job
Fortetecher
Force job

Race should be obvious, since ST seems to think that it's smart to make each race better at certain jobs than other races.

Tita
Jun 3, 2007, 12:57 AM
mainly Forte parties are expected. they're great, no doubt.
but i'd like to offer a more mixed-up dream party (weee):

-PT (cast/beast/human): DOT, clean up damage
-Fortegunner (cast): DOT, crowd control
-Guntecher (cast/human): long-range, DOT, assists and protects FG
-Fortecher (newman): mass heal, mass buffs, primarily NUKING
-Wartecher (beast/human): tanks/protects other members/lures enemies, debuffs, spam heal/reverser, clean up damage
-Fortefighter (beast): relentless damage

i see guntechers and wartechers acting as EMT forcefields for the party. let the forte and PT classes do their thing and do it well without worrying about much. there's no worry about damage since i've got plenty of gunner types able to lay down high level SEs and decent overall damage. and everyone is considerate/smart enough to carry spare traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

somehow the idea of having a party where everyone is a different class appeals to me in that everyone seems a little more aware of their role and how crucial it is to play it if the party wants to succeed (and perhaps less ego...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-06-02 23:01 ]</font>

Deja
Jun 3, 2007, 12:59 AM
Gimp Squad, nuff said.

VanHalen
Jun 3, 2007, 01:00 AM
On 2007-06-02 22:59, Deja wrote:
Gimp Squad, nuff said.

QFT and ftw

Almighty_Envy
Jun 3, 2007, 01:00 AM
heheh good comic

ashley50
Jun 3, 2007, 02:54 AM
A Party that know what he/she is doing IS a "Perfect Party" regardless of level or Job.

Tulio07
Jun 3, 2007, 02:57 AM
a party who talks. Get a good convo going and I don't care how often you die. I can't get mad at people I like.

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2007, 03:01 AM
One with lotsa' cheesecake, dood. ;]

AweOfShe
Jun 3, 2007, 03:20 AM
On 2007-06-02 22:59, Deja wrote:
Gimp Squad, nuff said.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 3, 2007, 03:52 AM
Perfect party?

A party of friends or one where I have loads of fun.

Yoshiflash
Jun 3, 2007, 03:56 AM
6 lvl 80s older than 9 years old.

because theres nothing challenging enough to matter.

Eleina
Jun 3, 2007, 03:59 AM
Perfect party.... 6 ppl who now how to play well and get on perfectly (I was gonna say 6 times me but figured it wasn't correct to say it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Nai_Calus
Jun 3, 2007, 04:57 AM
One in which my newm sits around the club while naked newearls shower him with meseta and gifts and their virgi- Oh wait, playing party.

Competent people. Yeah. That's my entire requirement. Don't even have to be the high god of everything. Just don't totally suck.

KamiSori
Jun 3, 2007, 05:12 AM
i just like:

2 forces
2 gunners
1 fighter

-Ryuki-
Jun 3, 2007, 05:37 AM
Are we being racists now? Does it really matter what race they are, as long as the ones playing,
know what they're doing? I would personally say that it DOESN'T matter on the race. Class, yes, race? No.

-2 Fighters
-2 Gunners
-2 Techers

Balanced, and the best way to go. You have 2 "meat-shields" up in front, with the Gunners backing them up
with support fire. Techers could either support, nuke, or go double-duty and do both. Either way, of the players
themselves know how to cooperate, that team right there, in MY opinion, is golden.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 3, 2007, 07:07 AM
The perfect party. A single fortegunner with SE's. There, I said it, I just couldn't resist.

They are the reason class variety fails, because every enemy can be beaten with SE's and one weapon. Nice work Sega.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-06-03 05:12 ]</font>

Sylpheed
Jun 3, 2007, 07:10 AM
five gunners, one techer = ownage

NO FIGHTERS ALLOWED!

Finae
Jun 3, 2007, 07:35 AM
6 chatterboxes

or

6 chatterboxes who can own and chat

or

6 chatterboxing beasts

or

6 chatterboxing nanoblasting beasts

Nah seriously, I get tired of those games where people are quiet all the time and focus on the mission 100%. Thats boring and its no fun. Then again, PSU/PSO community always like this and have been since day one. Other games or MMOs I should say are different.

amtalx
Jun 3, 2007, 09:05 AM
2 M Beast Fortefighters
3 M Cast Fortegunners
1 F Newman Fortetecher

Switch the numbers between Fortegunners and Fortefighters depending on the mission. Sorry cross-classes, I just don't see the point when you can have 6 people in a party. Maybe back in PSO with 4...

RegulusHikari
Jun 3, 2007, 09:14 AM
I can't get mad at people I like.

Jakosifer
Jun 3, 2007, 09:22 AM
I usually don't give two fucks about what class someone is. Moreso on if they're half decent or not. But I'd love a party of...

Fortefighter
Fortetecher
Fortegunner
Fighgunner (probly me)
Protranser (also possibly me)
Wartecher

I don't know why but that setup has always appealed to me. >_>

Niered
Jun 3, 2007, 10:03 AM
For the most part, as long as everyone knows what they're doing your fine. Thats the great thing about PSU, however, If i wanted to say, take on Dulk Fakis S2 (which doesnt even exist yet obviously) I'd see if could get something akin to this:

1 Fortefighter for pure tanking. Euqipped with most used elemental armor.

1 Fighgunner (one that knows how to PLAY the class) to back up fortefighter and ranged classes, switching when applicable.

1 Fortegunner for DOT spammage, when this is not applicable switch to freeze/shock or rarely silence.

1 Fortegunner/Guntecher for SE on large groups of mobs. Also to back up DOT for other FG.

1 Fortetecher for support/attack. Mainly attack if a guntecher is fulfilling above position.

1 (insert class here) This slot could be filled in by anyone. The party simply needs to then adjust itself for what ever playstyle is mandated by this class. I.E. If this was filled by a force type class, they would take on the responsibility of support. If it was a Ranger type class then they would help with multiple DOT enemies, and if it was a hunter type class then they'd need to protect the ranger/forces more.

As you can see, I'm really not worried about race. Race to me is the whip-cream on a pie, good, but not the most important part. The only time I see this actually being a problem is when you directly oppose you character's race, i.e. a cast FT, or a Newm FF. Even then though you can make up for your discrepancies by simply adjusting the style with which you play.

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 3, 2007, 10:06 AM
1- 1-2 Fortefighter[s]- Uses Anga Dugrega as a suppresive to stun-lock other foes. Also uses multi-hit weapons to deal with big enemies.

2- 1 Fortetecher- keeps the Fortefighters healed and 'posibly' buffed. uses Dam/Nos/Ra-techs as offence.

3- Wartecher[if only 1 fighter is present or no Fortetecher]- Heals and buffs[posibly] the fighter[s]. uses assorted weapons to what a Fortefighter may do.

4- Fortegunner[s]- use Rifles as anti-Shagreece. help fortefighters demolish big enemies with the double five-way hit on Shotguns. Use Mayalee Prism as support.

5- Guntechers- all duty's of Fortegunner with Healling the Gunners as part two.

Hows that?

RedX
Jun 3, 2007, 10:18 AM
5 x PT
1 x fT

RanZatsarU
Jun 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
Me and Leo
4 Female Newman Forces That are all 5'z On Tha Hot Berry Scale.

DEM_CIG
Jun 3, 2007, 12:11 PM
Ummm... That is a good question.
1- Me
2-someone else... and so on(3,4,5,6)

omegapirate2k
Jun 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
On 2007-06-02 22:28, VanHalen wrote:
Any party that has me.

Mystil
Jun 3, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-06-03 00:54, ashley50 wrote:
A Party that know what he/she is doing IS a "Perfect Party" regardless of level or Job.

Kylie
Jun 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
=P This might be a cop out, but my "perfect" party is one that everyone in the party is someone that I really like. Beyond that, I like to have at least one experienced techer in my party - not necessarily for buffs (I couldn't care less), but I do enjoy being backed up with resta. *nod*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-03 10:31 ]</font>

HFlowen
Jun 3, 2007, 12:32 PM
Six fighgunners spamming tornado dance of course.

Epy1221
Jun 3, 2007, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't neccessaryily need all lvl 80's but yeah i would mostly need the force, couple of rangers and hunters with the addition of either another force/ ranger/ hunter don't matter

Garnet_Moon
Jun 3, 2007, 03:24 PM
Speed Runs:

4x CAST Fortegunner
1x Newman Guntecher
1x Newman Fortetecher

"lol that boss fight ended before he got his special off":

5x Beast Fortefighter (All with Adaka Val)
1x Newman Fortetecher

Weenie Rush

6x Newman Protranser

MSAksion
Jun 3, 2007, 04:28 PM
1. Fem NewGirl - ForteTecher - who doesn't know a FNewForteTecher?
2. Fem CAST - ForteGunner - Highest ACC and Status Dealing + Traps.
3. Male Beast - ForteFighter - Highest ATP and Nanoblasting.
4. Fem BEAST - Guntecher - ^_^ Criss/Sryche shoutout. Mobile REVERSER and support Fire.
5. Male Beast - WarTecher - Best DEF, good swords and supplement TECH attack.
6. Male Human - Figunner - Most rounded job most rounded type. Dualies and Doublesabers and mobile fighting.

Nobo
Jun 3, 2007, 04:42 PM
1male Beast Fighunner(ME)
1female Newman fortetecher
1male Newman Fortetecher
1male CAST Fortegunner
1male Beast Fortefighter
1female human Protranser

biggabertha
Jun 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
Pure versatility:

1x Lv. 80 Male, Beast Fortefighter 10 with Adaka Val. Primary close quarters damage dealer.
1x Lv. 80 Male, Cast Fortegunner 10 with Sturm Buster. Primary Status Effect dealer.
1x Lv. 80 Female Newman Fortetecher 10. Primary magical damage and primary magical supporter.
1x Lv. 80 Female Human Wartecher 10. Secondary close quarters damage dealer, secondary magical damage and support for close range.
1x Lv. 80 Female Human Guntecher 10. Secondary Status Effect dealer, back up healer and buffer/debuffer.
1x Lv. 80 Male Human Protranser 10. Back up close quarter damage dealer and back up status effect dealer.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 3, 2007, 05:10 PM
CAST Fortetecher
Newman Protranser
Chuck Norris
Lapucha
Dan Hibiki
Musashi Miyamoto

Kimil
Jun 3, 2007, 05:15 PM
Any party as long there is a Wartecher or Fortecher present for heals.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 3, 2007, 05:30 PM
My AOI party, Level and Class assumed max

1 Fortefighter Beast - Power hitting
1 Fortefighter Human - Crea Weapons
1 Fortegunner Cast - Dots and cover fire
1 Fortetecher Newman- Powerful techs
1 Protranser Cast - Traps and all round extra where needed
1 Acrotecher Newman - lvl 50 support techs FTW

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-06-03 15:33 ]</font>

MrFortegunner
Jun 3, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-06-03 03:37, RyukiZero wrote:
Are we being racists now? Does it really matter what race they are, as long as the ones playing,
know what they're doing? I would personally say that it DOESN'T matter on the race. Class, yes, race? No.

-2 Fighters
-2 Gunners
-2 Techers

Balanced, and the best way to go. You have 2 "meat-shields" up in front, with the Gunners backing them up
with support fire. Techers could either support, nuke, or go double-duty and do both. Either way, of the players
themselves know how to cooperate, that team right there, in MY opinion, is golden.

well you wouldn't want a cast techer, beast gunner, and newman figher, would u? Plus, race adds little tweaks to classes. like a cast fighter is more of a tank than a beast fighter, which is more of a damage doer.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 3, 2007, 07:39 PM
it's funny the only people who said fighgunner, are the fighgunners. People really think badly of fighgunners, and I think it's because most people playing the class don't know what they're doing. They really give those of us that do... a bad name.

Anyone who asked the purpose of cross classes, it's really simple.

How about:
Fighgunner
Fighgunner
Guntecher
Guntecher
Protranser
Wartecher

Melee: fighgunner can do melee, Protranser can come in with the big axe for melee, while guntechers run around applying SE, wartecher for final support in both melee and techs

Ranger: The entire party can do ranged combat, wartecher will be primarily support now, but can still deal some damage with it's ranged weapons.

Techs: You have 3 tech using characters, and the other 3 will be more meat shields than anything.

5/6 can use traps

This is a very diverse group where if everyone knows what they're doing, you can basically have maximum damage against any group of enemies.

That's how hybrid classes work, switching to best apply to the situation.

THE JACKEL

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 5, 2007, 10:54 AM
Human Fortegunner or Protranser
Numan Foretetecher or Guntecher

The human doesn't have to bore himself to death using those boring ass rifles for the SEs and can focus on more fun weaponry (and a few traps) to kill the enemy quickly, thanks to the numan applying and enjoying SEs. Also, two people = no slowdown on the PS2 and PSU's piece-of-shit game engine.

Shiryuu
Jun 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-06-03 10:32, HFlowen wrote:
Six fighgunners spamming tornado dance of course.

Yup.

pikachief
Jun 5, 2007, 11:10 AM
i dont care wat level or gender the people are i care about their PAs!

2 newman fortetechers with lvl 21+ buffs 21+ resta, nosdiga and giresta

a fighgunner or fortefighter who can stay out of most danger.

a protranser

and 2 fortegunners! one with ultimate crossbow and 2 other cross bow PAs all to 30, and one with more and one rifle PA past 21