PDA

View Full Version : AC 0106

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2007, 12:41 AM
Do you think we should call the time period following the release of AoI the year AC0106 and the year that we're in now as AC0105? Or should we consider that the game time is actually slower than real time?

As for those who say it's not AC0105 in PSU, it is according to all the data at least AC0103 and considering that there was a statement it takes 5 years after story mode it is best just to say it is 5 years later... this however is not an argument on that so please don't start on that v.v

F-Gattaca
Jun 3, 2007, 02:37 AM
I'd assume that we'll have AoI and vanilla PSU players present at the same time.

I think it's better to assume that players active in AoI in their own, uh, time zone ... thingy. I say this because in the very first mission of Episode 2 (which is the online story missions), it says "motnhs have passed since the offensive on the HIVE." You're already instantly jumping ahead in time a few months after you finish Story Mode and begin playing the online story missions.

So I guess it's safe to assume PSU will have the exact same handle on time that PSO does--depending on which episode you're playing, you jump around in time.

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2007, 03:12 AM
The first chapter of episode 2 is mistranslated with that imo...as is the opinion of the creators as far as we know and several other sources. It's not a few months, it is a few years.

Story mode happens in mid to late AC 0100 most likely
online mode takes place over at least 4+ months as given how fast Ethan and Hyuga were brought up in ranks and that being a critical point and they were putting as many Guardians in the field as possible giving them only just enough training...I'd say the first 3 missions take place over a time span of 4-6 months in the year AC 0105.

Both of these being the case the story mode could end in AC 0101 meaning that online mode takes place actually in AC 0106, but if we assume that it doesn't end after the end of AC 0105 we then may assume that though that after your char finishes training it is AC 0106 or very late AC 0105

It could also be counting from the beginning of story mode and that the tripartite treaty celebration is actually designated as the beginning of the year...but i doubt both of these as wars and such are generally fought more in the summer, than in the winter, even in space cultures, due to various religions and just natural inactivity periods. This also being the case I would assume that the treaty was signed sometime in the early fall of the gurhal system ^.^ and this would place the story mid to late AC 0100 to early AC 0101 and online, since we haven't seen the celebration or anything like that in and the fact that it is 5 years later that online mode is in late AC 0105 and early AC 0106...

I would however argue that not that much time should pass between the later missions of online mode and hence it should be still late AC 0105 and i'd say after the festa mission some time it is AC 0106 though >.>

Emrald
Jun 3, 2007, 11:00 AM
I thought Sega said ONline mode takes place three years after offline mode...

A2K
Jun 3, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-06-02 22:41, DurakkenX wrote:
Do you think we should call the time period following the release of AoI the year AC0106 and the year that we're in now as AC0105? Or should we consider that the game time is actually slower than real time?

Does it actually matter, as far as the narrative is concerned? Aside from footnotes I don't see the how it would make any difference if one was off by a few months to a full year or not. The game is ambiguous on the matter as it gives ST flexibility on the matter.

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2007, 04:39 PM
Nope doesn't matter, but I like timelines and seeing where things fit into place ^.^