PDA

View Full Version : Posable Fix to spamming missions?

Nuclearranger
Jun 3, 2007, 01:40 AM
We all know how there are "Hotspots" Well what if sega implemented some sort of anti spaming mechanisum like.... If you do the mission its worth 15k then 13k then 10k then 5k and it goes down maybe not so fast maybe faster.. and if it goes down really fast then only let that penalty last for 2 hours or so. It would force people to keep moving around and overall increase the fun level of PSU!

zandra117
Jun 3, 2007, 01:42 AM
yes, reccomend it immediately for AOI. Someone that knows japanese please post this amazing idea on the JP BBS so sonicteam will be sure to see it.

Nuclearranger
Jun 3, 2007, 01:49 AM
At least I got some support thanks!

Nuclearranger
Jun 3, 2007, 01:51 AM
Yea if we can get some JP speaking and writing people we should send this to sega of Jp. Ill be back on this board in the morning but for now its 2 AM....

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2007, 01:56 AM
of course then we really couldn't find parties and more of the population would leave but hey as long as it stops spamming right...

your in the minority get over it...

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 3, 2007, 02:07 AM
Want a fix to spamming? Surprisingly, you're probably not the only person at the spam location that doesn't want to be there. Go make friends, then invite them other places! It works wonders

THE JACKEL

Soukosa
Jun 3, 2007, 03:17 AM
Or they could just rebalance all of the missions so that the rewards are more balanced, pretty much like mentioned they were gonna do with AoI.

The friends thing helps alot too.

Eleina
Jun 3, 2007, 04:10 AM
Nooooo don't take my hotspots away!!!!! <.<

Not that they bother me but when no ones online you kinda have to go to them to find partys...so i guess a little rebalance would be nice

Desecration
Jun 3, 2007, 05:52 AM
On 2007-06-02 23:40, NuclearRanger wrote:
We all know how there are "Hotspots" Well what if sega implemented some sort of anti spaming mechanisum like.... If you do the mission its worth 15k then 13k then 10k then 5k and it goes down maybe not so fast maybe faster.. and if it goes down really fast then only let that penalty last for 2 hours or so. It would force people to keep moving around and overall increase the fun level of PSU!

I think that is one of the best ideas about AOTI that I have ever heared, dude, mad props for you.

Sylpheed
Jun 3, 2007, 06:34 AM
Sounds dumb to me, all it would do would decrease the already dwindling population of PSU defeating the whole purpose of your idea in the first place.

Fulgore
Jun 3, 2007, 06:35 AM
To the OP...

...ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F'ING MIND!!!!!!!!!!!

...Thankfully! SEGA would never do something that Insane....and at this point that is the Only thing they have going for them.....*Whew*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-06-03 04:35 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jun 3, 2007, 09:49 AM
the solution is better mission balance.

another thing they could do is make it possible for any monster to drop any item in the game. the only limiting factor would be the monster's level. so for example, the psycho wand board should drop from any monster thats level 100+. it would prevent ppl from just soloing rafon relics S2 all the time.

another thing id like to see happen is a drop rate boost, the more ppl you have in your party. like each time you add 1 person, the drop rate would go up 20%. this would help encourage party play more.

Kion
Jun 3, 2007, 10:32 AM
You're also kind of missing the point of updates. New missions generally havre better rewards as an insentive for people to go there. They get their fill, and the next month another mission comes out for people to do. Having lots of people there insures that parties will be availible for hunting. If you get sick of spamming then invite your friends to go somewhere else. Having people spread all over the universe would make hunting rares on missions with level 100+ enemies impossible.
It's about the items. Rewardas are just a way to help you boost your class level and pay for the scapes that you shell out during the mission.

Eureka
Jun 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
Like someone said, make friends and move around. That's what the people I play with do. We don't go around spamming Sealab or Mad Beasts all day. But what's funny is the mentality of the so-called "elitist" who claim we play the "soft" missions because we are too scared to do the hot missions all day.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but people don't spam the "hot" missions to have fun, they do it for personal gain (chance for a specific drop or mission reward). If people cared less about such things and more about getting out and making friends / having fun, then such matters may not be needed.

But that's just my opinion on the matter >.>

A2K
Jun 3, 2007, 10:35 AM
On 2007-06-03 07:49, Inazuma wrote:
another thing they could do is make it possible for any monster to drop any item in the game. the only limiting factor would be the monster's level. so for example, the psycho wand board should drop from any monster thats level 100+. it would prevent ppl from just soloing rafon relics S2 all the time.

Wouldn't people just go to whatever was the easiest LV100+ mission then for that?

another thing id like to see happen is a drop rate boost, the more ppl you have in your party. like each time you add 1 person, the drop rate would go up 20%. this would help encourage party play more.

It's already more efficient to be in a party in the first place. Getting through more enemies and faster means more opportunities for drops within any given span of time.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 3, 2007, 03:29 PM
I have an idea. Why not just remove the XP and MP's and make us all max level on our character and all jobs.

Heaven forbid you are forced to spam a mission you hate because it's the only good hotspot for XP.

Here's a better idea: Learn to use your Partner Card list and Mail Compose menu.

Nuclearranger
Jun 3, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hey! It was just a thought Jesus you all flamed me like I was taking down the servers.
It has plus sides and down sides but loosing some meseta per mission isnt going to ruin PSU.

In AOI you can warp to any lobby instantly anyway so finding partys shouldnt be hard.

Heres another Idea how about the end lobbies give rewards too like....

Mad creatures>ragan>mad beast>endrum>ragnus>waterfall and once you get to the waterfall you talk to some NPC and he sees that you compleated thease missions in a row and you get an additional reward!

Its not going to make people leave the game and you know if they cant take it then they should leave because they arnt gona be fun to play with anyway...

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
ummmm people would leave...the population all together for both US servers are around 2-3000 people and that is split between 2 servers...

IF something like this were to happen, it could easily be 1/3 of the current people would see this as a very bad thing and it is. In an ORPG you shouldn't punish a player for playing a specific way. This is something that developers have forgotten and it has cost them many customers. The importance of this is that whenever there is a punishing change made a decent percentage of the population leaves.

Lets say that only 1/3 leaves from both servers...when changes like this have produced 50% population loses in the past for dif games more popular...That's a decrease of 1000 people. These are the people that stay on the main servers while there are prolly 500-600 people on the various universes that are unfindable pretty much...that's be 1500 people in the main servers divide that by the 6 team of those per team and you only have 250 teams, half of which will certainly be locked so that's down to 125 teams and those are spread around 30 missions which means you will only be able to find maybe 4 teams in any spot you go. I dunno about you guys but I don't like have only 24 people to choose from to play with.

And don't say that teleportation crap because that will cost money and finding a team will take time. So you want us to lose money both in doing a mission and taking more time to find people to play with. AND you want to ADD more time it takes to find people to play with... Why would you want to add more time to the search when almost everyone wants to take it down.

Zorafim
Jun 3, 2007, 06:50 PM
PSO's central counter. From one counter, you can see every mission happening on the same server. Since PSU forces you to solo in the harder missions to get anything worthwhile done, it'd be even better than PSO's, where anyone can solo.