Jun 3, 2007, 10:28 PM
in Phantasy Star Universe?

Chuck_Norris
Jun 3, 2007, 10:32 PM
fortefighter, S rank axes FTW!

Korokodo13
Jun 3, 2007, 10:51 PM
PROTRANSER FTW!!
Gotta love blowing stuff up with a trap, shooting stuff with a bow, and then running up and Anga Redda on them while theyre down.... I mean what other classes have variety and arent a PT or me?

Garnet_Moon
Jun 3, 2007, 10:55 PM
Fortetecher. There is nothing like playing god when everyone else runs outta mates and requires Gi/Resta, and Reverser.

Kaydin
Jun 3, 2007, 10:59 PM
Wartecher. I've always been the spellsword type. We're only gunna get better in AotI~

gambit04
Jun 3, 2007, 11:09 PM
ForteGunner all the way great for soloing. When they are in groups they usually don't die...great money saving class.

VanHalen
Jun 3, 2007, 11:24 PM
Fortefighter ftw.

February
Jun 3, 2007, 11:27 PM
ll say Fighgunner, since that's the one I am best with. Mech Guns and Double Sabers? Win. Although I may switch to Acrofighter or whatever its called in the expansion...

Ash1ey
Jun 3, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-06-03 20:59, Kaydin wrote:
Wartecher. I've always been the spellsword type. We're only gunna get better in AotI~

Same here. I heart wartecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AweOfShe
Jun 4, 2007, 12:12 AM
Protranser.

Fecesbot
Jun 4, 2007, 12:15 AM
Fighgunner since thats what i am.
Double saber is also another reason.

Scion
Jun 4, 2007, 12:18 AM
Awwww...Guntecher gets no love. T_T

My favorite classes (in this order).
-Fortetecher (techs <3)
-Guntecher (xbows <3)
-Fighgunner (xbows <3, and the obligatory doublesabers <3)
-Fortefighter (axes <3)

I have a Protranser atm...Learning to like her is proving to be a little difficult right now. But, I will, sooner or later. xD

Mayu
Jun 4, 2007, 12:54 AM
I <3 axes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and power http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fortefighter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zorafim
Jun 4, 2007, 01:19 AM
I love old fashions, so old fashioned classes are an obvious choice for me. Of course this excludes anything with gun in the name, so this leaves three jobs. I chose fortefighter since it's the job I can cope with most easily (my black magic isn't really good in real life, but I can quite easily kick someone in the face). I may dabble in Acrofighter once I get the option, if it's similar enough to fortefighter.
Wartecher would have been my first choice, if they weren't so limited. AoI would make them better, but I can't stand their limited weapon choice and the fact that they don't get S rank madoogs. Ideally, I would want something combining Acrofighter and Acrotecher.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 01:28 AM
Ft= ftw

Eleina
Jun 4, 2007, 01:38 AM
fighgunner, Fortetecher, Fortegunner and Guntecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i love these classes

MSAksion
Jun 4, 2007, 01:57 AM
ForteTecher. Being the Mistress of the Elements is pretty damned cool. Versatility is my favorite part of being a ForteTecher.

1) The ability to sling Elemental Damage to entire Squads of enemies whether they are:
- Far away
- Flying in the air
- Surrounding the team
- Or in your face.

2) Saving the Team's S rank and Scape Dolls (MONEY) with a wave of a RESTA Wand is Satisfying.
3) Status 4 Bows and Card fans allows for Supplement Ranger Tactics.
4) Buffs and Debuffs. No one else can do it best (YET)

2nd place is GUNTECHER. Mobile Status Dealing GUNS FTW.

ashley50
Jun 4, 2007, 04:37 AM
These are my Preferred Sxpert classes:
ForteGunner, staying away means less to spend on Scape Dolls and I LOVE GUNS!
FighGunner, I love teh Double Sabers and the Versatility of a semi-ranger.
ForteFighter, When i want to use Axes and deal High Numbers...
ForteTecher, I like to play medic once in a while...(as long as no weapon lag, you'll be fine when I'm around =p)
Protranser, No Comment at the moment as I just started it =x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-06-04 02:38 ]</font>

Tita
Jun 4, 2007, 05:04 AM
go go trannies!

RadiantLegend
Jun 4, 2007, 08:31 AM
fF/fG

RedX
Jun 4, 2007, 08:56 AM
*points to title*

Niloklives
Jun 4, 2007, 08:56 AM
GT and Figh are my top 2 followed up by FT and PT - versatility ftw

FF lacks versatility in my experience, and being limited to pistols as far as guns makes me cringe.
fG would get more love from me, but for some reason after playing GT, i just can't get used to them..but being that i like guns as much as I do I just can't say no to this class for long.

WT as of right now gets now love from me. This class has SO much potential and falls short in so many ways. PA limitations not withstanding, I feel the class is just clumsy. A class that is meant to melee and cast yet has to switch to ranged combat just to access half of its purpose...that to me is just too much of an oversight to ignore. "No, but they get madoogs in AoI" - I'll wait til AoI to play them then.

panzer_unit
Jun 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
Protranser for the win, they kick so much ass at everything they do.

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 11:00 AM
Woot for the unpopular class. Proving once again, Tynselle's original Demotivator proves true.

But seriously, I think I've taken quite a liking to the gameplay of the Guntecher. The balance between attacker, debuffer, action field medic (or a backup one), distraction; with plenty of hair raising aspects of risk-balancing is something I'd have a tough time giving up completely. Not to mention, those split-second decisions when you have no time to get within healing range and have to decide on picking your fastest long-range weapon (twin gunnies) to pull the attacks towards yourself, buying the other guardian precious time they didn't have, to get away, or allow you the time to manuever and rescue them.

Nobody values monster-control like I do, and in a way, combined with a little support tech, I find it a big bonus to the class. In most other cases, I generally feel like there's a bit more *me* to the class. What capabilities do I need to build to make me become the big kahuna of the group. With Guntecher, I feel like every sense of the support field. The concentration is mostly on capabilities I need to build to make everybody else kick more butt than before. The addition of high mobility weapon specialization almost puts you in a responsible position of keeping abreast of the tactical situation for and with the group. (Still want the G.R.A.W Drone). For much of the other classes, when I switch, it's like a good amount of responsibilities can be dropped and still be a very effective practicioner of your particular role. It's relaxing, but can be a little boring over extended periods for those used to a more diverse and dangerous balancing act. But this is not what most people go for. They want something they can easily kick butt with, have a choice as to how they kick butt, but want all of their choices to always be good choices in every conceivable situation, with little to no consequence to their decision.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-04 09:42 ]</font>

Kylie
Jun 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
I still like Forte Fighter for the power and strength, but I'm also starting to like War Techer. It's not so bad once you get it to where it's not so weak, and the resta is very nice. -nod- I also like Figh Gunner for its versatility.

Niloklives
Jun 4, 2007, 11:06 AM
I have WT to 10. it's not the stats I dislike. it's the playstyle

Niered
Jun 4, 2007, 11:11 AM
Fortegunner. There are few things more rewarding then watching a gol dolva burnt to death by its own element.

Oh and grenade launchers.

And mayalee fury.

And mayalee prism.

And...well I could just go on all day couldnt I? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

chibiLegolas
Jun 4, 2007, 11:26 AM
Devoted GunTecher here.
I just LUV my crossbows! I praise mobility + support above all.
Nothing is more satisfy'n to me than to see myself lube up the mobs for everyone else to hack away at them, be it with techs, SE, or stunlocking.

Drucifer
Jun 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
GunTecher is by far my favorite thanks to lvl 4 SE and the ability to heal myself. Not to mention the comic thrill of when my CAST GunTecher heals someone once who is in the yellow while there getting hit and that hit kills them anyway

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drucifer on 2007-06-04 10:12 ]</font>

amtalx
Jun 4, 2007, 12:14 PM
The lack of Fortegunners here is disappointing...come out from behind your meatshield (Fortefighters) and represent! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

xennec
Jun 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
On 2007-06-04 10:09, Drucifer wrote:
GunTecher is by far one of my favorite thanks to lvl 4 SE and the ability to heal myself. Not to mention the comic thrill of when my CAST beast GunTecher heals someone once who is in the yellow while there getting hit and that hit kills them anyway

I also like fortegunner and protranser because of g.launchers which pwn large monsters. Fighgunner is also nice because I can use single claw AND twin handguns. Once AoI comes out I will probably go AF. Single claw/card FTW!

Really the only class I hate playing as is wartecher because I get none of my favorite weapons except cards which I can't even use at lvl 61 because of the low ATA mod.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-06-04 11:24 ]</font>

Esufer
Jun 4, 2007, 09:34 PM
Fortefighter!

If you're too lazy to shoot it, too stupid to throw flaming cat faeces (that's right, I can spell faeces) at it, and can't even be bothered laying some of them new-fangled traps around it, beat it to within an inch of it's life with a large stick!

Then beat it some more!

Beat it like an 11-year-old who's new best friend is his right hand!

keonigt
Jun 4, 2007, 10:57 PM
fighgunner FTW!! lol gotta love the s rank dagger and sweet death.

Eliash
Jun 4, 2007, 10:58 PM
Fighgunner and Protransers should get S-rank Double Sabers IMO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dahilia
Jun 4, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-06-04 03:04, Tita wrote:
go go trannies!

Slace2k3
Jun 5, 2007, 01:09 AM
Fighgunner for me, blades, guns and traps, ready for anything.

Kimil
Jun 5, 2007, 01:12 AM
Figunner For Parties Where I like to Focus on dealing Damage
Foretfighter for parties with good teamwork
Wartecher for small parties and soloing
Guntecher for Fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 5, 2007, 02:41 AM
Wartecher, even though it is probably the worst of the classes as they currently are.

I'm surprised GT isn't more popular, considering that it is better than fG in almost every way.

Midicronica
Jun 5, 2007, 02:46 AM
Guntecher and Fighgunner.

Criss
Jun 5, 2007, 04:09 AM
Guntecher all the way. I love versatility, and IMO, GTs have tons of it, and will only get tons better come AoI. I get more ranged raw damage than you could imagine (beast ATP on cards with 25% element is simply destructive), I get the best SEing weapons, plus support techs and traps. Then come AoI, nearly twice the current TP mod, lv 30 buffs and debuffs, whips and slicers to add melee damage to the mix with crazy crowd-control, and even stronger bullets. My main character was created to be GT, and will always be. Screw multiclassing, I love that class way too much to change.

Second place would be Protranser. Another of the most versatile classes, PTs always have a way of doing damage, inflicting SEs, launching, knockbacking, etc. And of course, traps are one of the most fun things to use in PSU. Gotta love carpet-bombing Gol Dolvas and watch them burn. And I can't wait to lay down napalm raids with EX burn traps.

And I'm recently starting to like Wartecher on a new alt I made. Though the char will probably end up AcroTecher with AoI.

Niloklives
Jun 5, 2007, 04:16 AM
uh...no slicers...that's only for Figh/AF and the mod for tp is going to more than double...going from 44% to 96% GTs get madoogs though...not all that special form them seeing as how most GTs would want and Xbow in their left hand, but its an option. not to mention they're syill stuck and lvl 10 skills so whips won't be all too hot on them...still...its more opitions and it's status infliction on the right hand which is a huge plus...

Don't get me wrong I love GTs...but its better you know exactly what you're in for

Criss
Jun 5, 2007, 04:30 AM
On 2007-06-05 02:16, NIloklives wrote:
uh...no slicers...that's only for Figh/AF and the mod for tp is going to more than double...going from 44% to 96% GTs get madoogs though...not all that special form them seeing as how most GTs would want and Xbow in their left hand, but its an option. not to mention they're syill stuck and lvl 10 skills so whips won't be all too hot on them...still...its more opitions and it's status infliction on the right hand which is a huge plus...

Don't get me wrong I love GTs...but its better you know exactly what you're in for

I would advise you to know exactly what you're in for. Either Itsuki and the AoI Q&A thread is wrong (and the several screenshots posted of GT weapon ranks in AoI beta), either you're wrong. GTs get a 84% TP mod at GT 10, which is exactly 40% more. Slightly less than double like I said. And they DO get slicers. I've checked the screenshot of GT type page from AoI beta. Also, I'd bet that whips would be quite "hot" on a beast GT, especially with that big ATP applied on each of the 5~6+ hits a whip can do at once. Oh, and one-handed melee weapons don't get a 3rd combo. The first whip combo will be more than enough for crowd control. I've checked videos. And might I add that a madoog would be very useful in applying lv 21+ debuffs while you're in the fray with enemies on their back from your whip PA.

Really, I think you should inform yourself a bit more. You say you love GTs? Certainly not as much as I do. >.>

Niloklives
Jun 5, 2007, 04:57 AM
right but the point is GTs are not meant for Melee. that's why they don't have a list of melee weapons to cjoose from and they don't have access to higher lvl skills. why would you jump into the middle of 7 enemies as a gunner?

and I've read up quite thuroughly on GTs...the charts I've looked at said 96, not 84. But I can assure you they don't get slicers. and they don't need them

Edit: Either the chart I looked at has been changed or I need to get my eyes checked...but it does in fact say 84%. my appolgies. Also everything I've read has made no mention of slicers for GTs I maintain that they don't need them and hav very little use for them thoughI have seen now a screenie of their weapon chart. Still, it's a beta and I doubt slicers will be kept for them as it requires skills, not bullets and its not for crowd control, nor is it for inflicting SEs. The beta had all sorts of things wrong with it such as not capping PAs for the various classes...and seeing as how I've yet to see slicers made mention of as being accessable by GTs until this point, and the picture was posted one day into the beta: It may be that they were later removed from GT options or something else to that effect.

Also madoogs don't have very high PP, and lvl 30 debuffs are very expensive. every two cast drain that little guy by 80 and it won't be regenerating much if you're not being a weirdo and spamming whips for no reason other than you like how they look. you can't rely on madoogs like they'll be another wand.

Further more as a GT you get debuffing bullets. you can spread debuffs and dish out damage at the same time. why get a tech that doesn't even guarentee it will stick while throwing yourself up to the frontline? it just doesn't make sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-06-05 03:39 ]</font>

fiCast
Jun 5, 2007, 05:38 AM
...of cause the answer will be FighGunner... the button says 'CAST vote' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Grand_Rider
Jun 5, 2007, 07:47 AM
Fighgunner, its versatility is second to none. Whether at range or up close, the way in which you can tackle a situation, regardless of ones tastes, is vast and rich. All made feasible by the classes’ repertoire of weapons. The ability to use traps is just icing on an already delicious cake.

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 5, 2007, 08:04 AM
The Fortegunner.

I've played as RAcast for a long time, and it's the best Ranger class on PSO IMO verses the RAmarl.

Anywho, who wanna bet that Fighgunner will be the best in this poll?

hana77
Jun 5, 2007, 08:37 AM
Technics are fun.

**goes with fortetecher**

Ravennittes
Jun 5, 2007, 08:58 AM
I may be a Fortetecher at heart, but I have to say, the three best classes are Fortetecher, Fortegunner, and Protranser. The Fortegunner is on top IMO because it's the only class that can blast through any and every mission easily, especially since the bees had their evasion lowered. They are also the only class that can come close to doing the same damage a Fortetecher can because of their high rate of SE's.

Sylpheed
Jun 5, 2007, 09:08 AM
Although FG is the BEST class imo, fighgunner is my favourite class just because of the diversity in the choice of weapons that fighgunner can choose from and that coupled with my HPC my Figh can do just as much damage as i can playing FF.

Ravennittes
Jun 5, 2007, 09:10 AM
Way to quintouple post man.

Sylpheed
Jun 5, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-06-05 07:10, Ravennittes wrote:
Way to quintouple post man.

Why, whatever do you mean i see no double posts?

*clicked post too many times*

Ravennittes
Jun 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. You know what you did... Ha ha. It's ok s'long as I don't have to read 'em all (meaning delete thim, which you have apparently).

Sexy_Raine
Jun 5, 2007, 10:06 AM
Anything that's non-melee is good for me, because it's crap.
Fortetecher, Guntecher, and Fortegunner for me. Long range is > all

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 5, 2007, 11:06 AM
For style, I have to say protranser. Shotguns, grenades and axes. It's like the Heavy Weapons version of a fighgunner. My favorite blades (except claw) mixed with my favorite guns (except crossbow).

For effectiveness though, I have to stay with fortegunner. The damage is so much better, and that's important to someone like me who hates using rifles and thus has to rely on using direct damage (SHOTGUN! Or crossbow) to add to someone else's DoT.

MT7218
Jun 5, 2007, 01:35 PM
Wartecher. Tankability as well as being able to heal myself and others works better for me than being a tech powerhouse that's freaking tissue paper. I'm not one to care so much about idealizing my DPS like a lot of other people here do. 100-200 a hit on my melee PAs is sufficent enough in my eyes.

DEM_CIG
Jun 5, 2007, 01:37 PM
Fighgunner. All I have to say is double saber...

Almighty_Envy
Jun 5, 2007, 01:41 PM
FT. Best class in my eyes. All my techs are like lvl 12 but i still like it. Im mostly Melee so i dont really grind techs.

Criss
Jun 5, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-06-05 02:57, NIloklives wrote:
right but the point is GTs are not meant for Melee. that's why they don't have a list of melee weapons to cjoose from and they don't have access to higher lvl skills. why would you jump into the middle of 7 enemies as a gunner?Saber, dagger, whip, slicer. Four weapons are a decent enough "list". You don't needs higher level skills either, only the launch/knockback effects of the first one. And I already AM jumping in the middle of 7 enemies to lay traps. Doing in to launch them all in a quick PA can't be much worse.

and I've read up quite thuroughly on GTs...the charts I've looked at said 96, not 84. But I can assure you they don't get slicers. and they don't need themThey do, screenshots prove it. And just because they don't need them doesn't mean they can't get a good use out of them.

Edit: Either the chart I looked at has been changed or I need to get my eyes checked...but it does in fact say 84%. my appolgies. Also everything I've read has made no mention of slicers for GTs I maintain that they don't need them and hav very little use for them thoughI have seen now a screenie of their weapon chart. Still, it's a beta and I doubt slicers will be kept for them as it requires skills, not bullets and its not for crowd control, nor is it for inflicting SEs. The beta had all sorts of things wrong with it such as not capping PAs for the various classes...and seeing as how I've yet to see slicers made mention of as being accessable by GTs until this point, and the picture was posted one day into the beta: It may be that they were later removed from GT options or something else to that effect.Why would they remove slicers? They were in the beta. And why wouldn't they give GTs a melee range-style weapon when Fortetechers have spears?

Also madoogs don't have very high PP, and lvl 30 debuffs are very expensive. every two cast drain that little guy by 80 and it won't be regenerating much if you're not being a weirdo and spamming whips for no reason other than you like how they look. you can't rely on madoogs like they'll be another wand.Grinded madoogs get a pretty decent boost in PP from what I've seen, and unless you're the weirdo spamming debuffs for no good reason, you won't really run out until the mission ends or you get to a recharge cube. Madoogs are not there to replace wands, but to allow more weapon-matching options. So I'm experimenting and finding good uses. But I guess not everyone is as open-minded.

Further more as a GT you get debuffing bullets. you can spread debuffs and dish out damage at the same time. why get a tech that doesn't even guarentee it will stick while throwing yourself up to the frontline? it just doesn't make sense.Yeah, and your dear debuffing bullets can only apply Zalure and Zoldeel from twins and shotguns respectively. The shotgun's lack of mobility doesn't suit me, and I don't know about you, but I have a way too varied arsenal to afford wasting two whole palette slots when I could have Jellen and Zalure neatly placed on a useful madoog paired with a weapon I'd use in the same range.

Everyone has their own way of playing their class, but my way involves finding uses and exploiting them in everything I can get. It's your choice if you want to limit yourself.

White_Mage
Jun 5, 2007, 04:49 PM
forteFighter because of their attack power and Axes

>:) ownage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

landman
Jun 5, 2007, 06:09 PM
I'm fortefighter and love it but now that I've maxed Protranser I love it the same. I've only added shotguns to my palette but I love them, and traps too. Protranser is more fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DONTOSE
Jun 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
Bring on the power Fortefighter is my only and most powerful class!

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
On 2007-06-05 12:34, Criss wrote:
And why wouldn't they give GTs a melee range-style weapon when Fortetechers have spears?

Funny enough. I asked the same question when they already gave Fortetechers more Melee options than the current Guntechers. fTs already have double daggers with the spears. Guntechers started with the smallest options of them all (matched with regular force). Single daggers and single sabres. You'd think Sega wanted them to be the main advanced class not using melee weapons, with that balance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-06 09:30 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 6, 2007, 11:34 AM
I'm starting to like the fact that everyone likes Fighgunner, because right now everyone is leveling other classes so I'm one of the few fighgunners lol

THE JACKEL

_DooM_
Jun 6, 2007, 10:32 PM
Melee hybrids ftw.