PDA

View Full Version : Possible Firebreak revelation

R2D6battlebot
Jun 4, 2007, 09:02 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/fire2007_en/

The official website for Firebreak is stil counting all the points on Neudaiz. Doesnt that mean the only thing we will gain from purifying the other planets is money off of the clothing there? Even under the Total Purification Points its still counting Neudaiz beyond the 20mil, so if we got 80million from just Neudaiz wouldnt we still get the week of 3 luck?

Deja
Jun 4, 2007, 09:05 AM
Four million over?! My gawd...

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 09:06 AM
I think so.

Slightly off topic: We only got a mil in 6 hours. That seems kind of slow to me. Correct me if im wrong please.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 4, 2007, 09:07 AM
Thats what im saying. Everyone is obviously liking Neudaiz a lot better than Moatoob, and I know Parum will get help once the new quests for there are released. So why exactly are we doing Moatoob at all? I mean dont get me wrong, money off the clothes is nice and all, but its not worth it to spend hours of my time doing a quest that i dont really enjoy.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 4, 2007, 09:11 AM
On 2007-06-04 07:06, Almighty_Envy wrote:
I think so.

Slightly off topic: We only got a mil in 6 hours. That seems kind of slow to me. Correct me if im wrong please.

Multiply it out. We need 80 million total. so 6 hours times 80 is 480 hours, or 20 days. We were given 35 days to complete this event, so a million in 6 hours is actually really fast.

A2K
Jun 4, 2007, 09:24 AM
This has been remarked on before: basically, many here just want to see 100% for everything for the sake of it. Parum, with its last two missions, is basically foregone conclusion.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 09:31 AM
On 2007-06-04 07:11, R2D6battlebot wrote:

On 2007-06-04 07:06, Almighty_Envy wrote:
I think so.

Multiply it out. We need 80 million total. so 6 hours times 80 is 480 hours, or 20 days. We were given 35 days to complete this event, so a million in 6 hours is actually really fast.

>.> math was never my strong point

Lyrise
Jun 4, 2007, 09:49 AM
I may not be on the US servers, but wasn't it said before by a US Server GM that if you don't actually succeed in this, that some of your rewards are null and void? i.e. they use actual values that don't overshoot the limit in order to calculate the real score, while the score that's on the website is just for general information?

Eleina
Jun 4, 2007, 09:53 AM
Man that would make me laugh if they didn't count the excess points from neudaiz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Golto
Jun 4, 2007, 09:57 AM
I guess we will find out tonight when we hint 30 million if it is based on points or really %. Would be bad if those close to 5 million extra Neudiaz points tonight is wasted.

Eleina
Jun 4, 2007, 10:00 AM
On 2007-06-04 07:57, Golto wrote:
I guess we will find out tonight when we hint 30 million if it is based on points or really %. Would be bad if those close to 5 million extra Neudiaz points tonight is wasted.

Bad but extremely funny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 10:00 AM
I think it should count.

The surprise for the total number seems like it's separated from whether all 3 planets are completed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-04 08:02 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
I would cry

A2K
Jun 4, 2007, 10:10 AM
On 2007-06-04 07:49, Lyrise wrote:
I may not be on the US servers, but wasn't it said before by a US Server GM that if you don't actually succeed in this, that some of your rewards are null and void? i.e. they use actual values that don't overshoot the limit in order to calculate the real score, while the score that's on the website is just for general information?

I don't believe such a thing has ever been stated. It seems rather contrary to say one thing but have the official site do something different.

If it were true, such a statement would a link probably would have spread around by now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-06-04 08:12 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jun 4, 2007, 10:10 AM
Moatoob might not have EVERYONE from Neudaiz, but it did become _very_ busy since Neu hit 100%

Hopefully the points over 100% from Neu do get counted, or if Sega's serious about their threat they should pull the Neudaiz firebreak missions. I'd really like to be sure of getting that frying pan.

Golto
Jun 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
We only need Parum and Neudiaz for the Frying Pan so we should at least get that but I'm with the completists. I want to see all 3 planets at 100%.

Davot
Jun 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
aye all three planets

PMB960
Jun 4, 2007, 12:01 PM
We might get over 80 million points but it won't say 100% next to it. Right now we should be at almost 37% total but it still only says 31%. It will be interesting to see if it will actually give us the 3 days of Super Holy Light when we hit 30 million. I am suprised Moatoob isn't going faster it seemed like everyone was there yesterday.

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 12:05 PM
Well, it was probably all those people that got Moatoob up to what it is to be. They're spamming it, but not getting S-ranks up the wazoo. Not to mention the smallest duration is set to 15 minutes. Compare that with Neudiaz with 2 Firebreak missions, one of them easily S-ranked inside of a couple of minutes by people regardless of skill-level, quality of equips and built-up PAs, or knowledge of the level.
The other one, easily S-ranked, but taking a bit of a longer time than the first.

You'd see a complete planetary inbalance, like this, even if everybody gave each fire-break mission equal times played and collected their PA frags each time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-04 10:07 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 4, 2007, 12:10 PM
I want Moatoob done, especially considering I like Moatoob's clothing the best!

Moatoob on C with a high enough party can finish in 12 minutes. If people really wanted to just purify the planet, they'd be doing that. I see too many max level people, level 80, who are there to purify, running A. The only reason for doing A is honestly the EXP. If you're already max level, do C. You can do 2 C runs in the amount of time for one A run, and you'll definitely finish the C run, but maybe not the A run, getting the full 450 points on C! So you get 900 points on C in the amount of time you'll get around 400 on A!

THE JACKEL

Golto
Jun 4, 2007, 12:12 PM
Well we know why Moatoob isn't going up that much. Pc/ps2 players can't make up for their small population. You can earn up to 4.5x the amount of points per run than Neudiaz's but it will take more than 4.5x the amount of time of equivalent Neudiaz runs.

akratic
Jun 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
Moatoob isn't going up that much in large part because it isn't worth very many points. Even if every single person who did Neudaiz went to Moatoob, the total points for Moatoob would increase very very slowly. Math is your friend. Embrace it.

Basically, the Moatoob mission is tedious, time-consuming, worth little in FB, and not rewarding for the level of players who can S it. All around, blech.

ThEoRy
Jun 4, 2007, 12:26 PM
Man that Moatoob shit is so easy to S rank. Even B runs with middle to lower middle lvl characters can s rank it easy. Not to mention this is a very fun mission. Not block 2 so much. But 1 and 3 are definitely a killing spree. Also for those that are unaware, this has got to be the best place in the game for leveling up photon arts, no question.

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-06-04 08:10, panzer_unit wrote:
Moatoob might not have EVERYONE from Neudaiz, but it did become _very_ busy since Neu hit 100%

Hopefully the points over 100% from Neu do get counted, or if Sega's serious about their threat they should pull the Neudaiz firebreak missions. I'd really like to be sure of getting that frying pan.

"Pulling" the Neudaiz FB missions would not get those people over to Moatoob. As has been said eariler, the Moatoob mission is too long for the little reward given at the end (FB points AND MP/meseta). If they did close the Neudaiz FB missions, people would just go run the Parum FB missions or head back to CB.

To attract people to Moatoob, they need to either increase the reward or have a special board/item drop there. Even something like Tero/Guard or Tero/Legs dropping there would attract people.

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-06-04 10:26, Octagon wrote:
Man that Moatoob shit is so easy to S rank. Even B runs with middle to lower middle lvl characters can s rank it easy. Not to mention this is a very fun mission. Not block 2 so much. But 1 and 3 are definitely a killing spree. Also for those that are unaware, this has got to be the best place in the game for leveling up photon arts, no question.

Try checking out what the other classes can hit for before you make that assessment. Only certain classes can S rank that easy without being close to end game. Some have absolutely no ability to smack for that kind of direct damage required with lower middle lvl characters.

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2007, 01:11 PM
Also, why do people keep saying this mission is "fun"? Wave after wave of the same enemy requiring the same strategy every time, it's pretty mundane to me. Then again, some people can run Sealab over and over and over day after day after week after week, sooooo....

I guess killing things without having to think about strategy is fun for some people.

ThEoRy
Jun 4, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-06-04 11:02, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-06-04 10:26, Octagon wrote:

Try checking out what the other classes can hit for before you make that assessment. Only certain classes can S rank that easy without being close to end game. Some have absolutely no ability to smack for that kind of direct damage required with lower middle lvl characters.

By "try checking out" do you mean to do countless runs with those same lower/mid level players? Cause if so than I have. So it's a fairly accurate assessment seeing as how we S ranked every B run that we did. Quite easily in fact. Dambarta anyone?

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
I really think you've missed out on some classes there. Because for one, it hasn't been out long enough for you to have done those countless runs with enough variety, and two you even finish with something that only certain classes can do with any such damage.

Do you have ANY idea what the average lower/mid level Guntecher can hit for, as just an example. Given the time they've taken to get there, what kind of weapons they could possibly have, their stats, and their PAs. Even with the most damage they can muster???

Give me those numbers, with your amazing experience, and I'll give you some accurate ones from one not talking from the *high DD* forte/race combo class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-04 11:45 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jun 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
umm who cares?... as long as there's one dambarta spammer even if hes a low level, B runs are easily crushed with well over 150 monsters killed at least.

gambit04
Jun 4, 2007, 02:13 PM
Yes they only time the run is slow is that damn block 2 I think more people would run it if they made block 2 not filled with those birds.

Actually Octagon and I ran it with 2 fortechers and S'd it everytime so I'm sure a party with 1 techer 3 others will do just as good. Unless you are running with people that are completly new to the game and don't understand much.

Heck even doing C will give us the same end results that we want.

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 02:42 PM
At least the truth came out, that you needed a specific class or two of the right kind of power within those 4 people. Which was pretty much what I was getting at, in the first place. There's one dependancy we can count on, so this should be clear for those going through this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-04 12:47 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jun 4, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-06-04 11:11, JAFO22000 wrote:
Also, why do people keep saying this mission is "fun"? Wave after wave of the same enemy requiring the same strategy every time, it's pretty mundane to me. Then again, some people can run Sealab over and over and over day after day after week after week, sooooo....

I guess killing things without having to think about strategy is fun for some people.

Crimson Beast ain't really that fun and look at how many people do it (forget about rewards and MP for this case I mean Crimson Beast is pretty boring).

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-06-04 12:51, VanHalen wrote:

Crimson Beast ain't really that fun and look at how many people do it (forget about rewards and MP for this case I mean Crimson Beast is pretty boring).

Boring? Paring strong Go Vahras with Megid spewing Jarbas is never Boring. Watching Gol Dovas run all over the place while they burn. That's not boring. There's still plenty of room there to get yourself smacked around the moment you lose concentration or go over your head. And because so many people still got themselves in trouble, for that level, it keeps things interesting. Boring to keep spamming the same level without ever moving to another level..yes... But what isn't?

gambit04
Jun 4, 2007, 02:58 PM

Actually I would think that sealab requires more strategy than most missions...that is if you want to make a profit. That final room can be a pain in the you know what!!

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-06-04 12:51, VanHalen wrote:

The reason people run Crimson is the reward.

And, at least CB has a lot of different creatures to face (8!...9 if you count Jaggos...10 if you count De Ragan). Scorched Valley has: a block full of Vandas, then a block full of Zoona with a few Navals thrown in, then a block of Vandas and Bil De Vears (all fire based enemies by the way, so the opposite element you should use does not change at all).

I suppose it's pretty fun for dambarta spammers though.

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 03:02 PM
That final room is definitely one of those that favor the gunners, though. I do see others having trouble in that last room, so I do understand that I do have distinct advantages in that room. Oddly enough, Sea Lab requires less strategy from me because almost all of the danger is encapsulated to big and slow moving creatures. The faster the dangerous monsters are (more of then in Crimson) the more dangerous my job gets.

VanHalen
Jun 4, 2007, 03:03 PM
I guess I got bored from when I lvled Ranger on my alt from 5 to 10. Now when I do that mission I get bored. I mean the Go-Vahras in the 2nd Firebreak Parum mission are fun. Maybe since the mission does more than just kill, kill, kill, lag at boss and then d/c.

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-06-04 12:58, gambit04 wrote:

Actually I would think that sealab requires more strategy than most missions...that is if you want to make a profit. That final room can be a pain in the you know what!!

Yes, I beleive the favored "strategy" is to find the map without Mizura spawns. VERY intellectual.....

gambit04
Jun 4, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-06-04 13:15, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-06-04 12:58, gambit04 wrote:

Yes, I beleive the favored "strategy" is to find the map without Mizura spawns. VERY intellectual.....

I could care less if I do bees or not as long as a techer can buff and debuff I am not worried I'm still surprised everyone complains that it takes too long whatever I'm not the leader that has to search for the map.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gambit04 on 2007-06-04 13:31 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 4, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-06-04 10:10, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I want Moatoob done, especially considering I like Moatoob's clothing the best!

Moatoob on C with a high enough party can finish in 12 minutes. If people really wanted to just purify the planet, they'd be doing that. I see too many max level people, level 80, who are there to purify, running A. The only reason for doing A is honestly the EXP. If you're already max level, do C. You can do 2 C runs in the amount of time for one A run, and you'll definitely finish the C run, but maybe not the A run, getting the full 450 points on C! So you get 900 points on C in the amount of time you'll get around 400 on A!

THE JACKEL

A lot of these parties can S an A run, so they'd be getting the MP AND big EXP

Golto
Jun 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
Ok the super star day went up to 3 at 30 mill so all 360ers can continue to spam Neudiaz over the 100%, not that it made a difference to them.

akratic
Jun 4, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-06-04 16:25, Golto wrote:
Ok the super star day went up to 3 at 30 mill so all 360ers can continue to spam Neudiaz over the 100%, not that it made a difference to them.

Out of curiosity, Golto, how many Srank weapons do you have and how much meseta?