PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken Identity

Kylie
Jun 4, 2007, 11:37 AM
With the ability to make a character with the same name of another character on PSU, have you ever run into someone with your name? Or have you been mistaken for someone you're not?

I have, plenty of times. xD

Yes, there's a beast Kylie, and there's a newman Kylie.

Up until Saturday (when I leveled), we were the exact same level, so it was pretty confusing for my friends. But even before I started seeing her a lot more because of FireBreak, I was mistaken for her. The oldest happening being that one of her friends came up to me and started talking to me like I was her. Then people started making offers on my ice crea double saber when they saw me because she had put up an advertisement for hers or something. People would seem upset when I told them they had the wrong Kylie.

Recently... someone's asked me why I dance on Moatoob all the time, asked me when I got a HPC unit, asked me when I became a newman, and asked me if I remember them from long ago. It really amazes me that people that have even seen her can get us mixed up because she's a different race, has lighter skin, is much shorter, and has different color hair. o.O

*sigh* I guess SEGA's system is a good thing because I wouldn't have been able to register as Kylie if it wasn't what it is because she registered first. But the confusion really is annoying... especially for my friend, Corey, because supposedly there was a hacker with his name on PSO. xD He's been called a hacker for that reason like six times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-04 09:38 ]</font>

Ryoki
Jun 4, 2007, 11:39 AM
According to what I've been hearing on the olde fourth floor, Corey has Rabies.

A2K
Jun 4, 2007, 11:40 AM
Better two Kylies than a ROFL_Kylie and a 1337_Kylie187, I say.

Fortunately enough I've never encountered anyone with my name. I'm hoping that the option to change your name (for a hefty fee, of course) comes eventually, what with the relative irrelevance of it.

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 11:40 AM
Well, nobody ever makes up my names. They're just too uncommon, or too self-made to be randomly picked.

But I do see what you mean. I've read on this forum, about certain people who had bad reputations only to see someone else online, who just happens to have the same name. The main reason I knew that is because I actually saw the person who they talked of, and then I identified a different person but has the same character name.

Ryoki
Jun 4, 2007, 11:43 AM
Strangely enough, I've seen Ryuki, Ryu, Ryu20, Ryuk, Ryoku, Ryuku, Ryoten, Ryogen, Ryoko, but not one other Ryoki.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 4, 2007, 11:44 AM
I'm surprised that I'm the only Jackel. Actually extremely surprised

THE JACKEL

Dhylec
Jun 4, 2007, 11:46 AM
Also see http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=141880&forum=20

Kylie
Jun 4, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-06-04 09:40, A2K wrote:
Better two Kylies than a ROFL_Kylie and a 1337_Kylie187, I say.

Fortunately enough I've never encountered anyone with my name. I'm hoping that the option to change your name (for a hefty fee, of course) comes eventually, what with the relative irrelevance of it.

True. It's really not too bad since the other Kylie seems pretty nice, but I do feel sorry for other people that have the same name as someone that has a bad reputation and then gets blamed for whatever _____ did. But I guess that's really the fault of the person doing the blaming because they should remember that you can make characters of the same name.

Theoderic
Jun 4, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'm surprised I am the only one named Partner Machinery, and it wasn't even my first main. I deleted my main for this, becuase I didn't have a cast, and I figured "OMG great gimmic! Short female cast named Partner Machinery! The maid outfit is coming out soon as well!" I mean, I NEVER get the chance to name myself anything like this in other MMOs because someone else did it first, but I got this game around Christmas, and I have yet to see anyone with my name, let alone a female Cast with the shortest height proportion. I hope nobody ever uses it either. i like the uniqueness/oddness/pervertedness of the current names I have seen, and have seen a few people with the same name, but I love being the only one with my name.

gambit04
Jun 4, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-06-04 09:54, Kylie wrote:
True. It's really not too bad since the other Kylie seems pretty nice, but I do feel sorry for other people that have the same name as someone that has a bad reputation and then gets blamed for whatever _____ did. But I guess that's really the fault of the person doing the blaming because they should remember that you can make characters of the same name.

I would hate to have a same name as someone in this game because people can ruin your name then they spam <your name here> did <bad thing here> and when anyone sees your name not your number they blacklist you or mess up your gamertag.

-Ryuki-
Jun 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
People are pretty dumb if they don't bother checking the ID numbers to see if
they're the right person. If I see a person with the same name as someone I know,
I always check the ID number, for double-checking reasons.

Kuya
Jun 4, 2007, 02:00 PM
On 2007-06-04 09:40, A2K wrote:
Better two Kylies than a Sephi_Kylie and a Kylie_roth, I say.

Fixed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mutt12
Jun 4, 2007, 02:01 PM
Unless someone is a big fan of my webcomics (ha ha ha, right), then I doubt there will be another Mary Dee aside from myself running around.

Eleina
Jun 4, 2007, 02:02 PM
On 2007-06-04 11:59, RyukiZero wrote:
they're the right person. If I see a person with the same name as someone I know,

I have to so that all the time coz there is too many "Mitsunari Ryuki"'s running around <.<

creativehope
Jun 4, 2007, 02:05 PM
lol, this is exactly why I game my characters a last name, because I feared that there would be many Sakura's but there is only one Kasugano

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: creativehope on 2007-06-04 12:05 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 02:07 PM

Actually, it's more of a combination of multiple things. People often don't bother checking the ID numbers because too many times, people don't bother posting the ID numbers when they report about them. So they don't even know what ID number to check for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-04 12:07 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Jun 4, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-06-04 12:02, Eleina wrote:

I have to so that all the time coz there is too many "Mitsunari Ryuki"'s running around <.<

It's true. There was an ugly fat red outfitted version of myself, and then there was another ugly, fat, blonde and starter-set-wearing version of myself. There's also a shorter, yet almost-identical version of myself. >.<

Niered
Jun 4, 2007, 02:45 PM
Dont see to many Niered's runnin' round.

Actually, Ive never had this problem, back on the DC, noone was named Tsunami v.648, and on the GC noone had a HUnewhearl named Carolina. I pride myself on original names for my online avatars.

Now if you name yourself Cloud, Sephiroth, Goku, Vegeta, or Squall, not only should you expect to see doubles of yourself, you should expect to see them alot.

At the bottom of a pit.

With pungi sticks.

And acid.

-Ryuki-
Jun 4, 2007, 02:53 PM
Well see, my body doubles were really people who were trying to make fun of me.
I'm still the one and only.

Korokodo13
Jun 4, 2007, 02:55 PM
Im THE one and only MEGIDDO!!

DEM_CIG
Jun 4, 2007, 03:07 PM
No on has my name...Cig.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 03:07 PM
lvl 80 Male Beast Envy

lvl 72 Male Human EnvY

Im the one with capitol Y

I ran into him once... kind of funny considering that there was like 4 Envy's at one point. All different id numbers.

At one time there was 2 beasts a cast and a human

2 Envy's quit though. Almost right after i turned lvl....10 xD

I guess they got scared of me

EDIT: O yeah cant forget about 360 EnvY

Luckily im on pc/ps2 servers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-06-04 13:07 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 03:11 PM
I swear, some people on psu must have found me from another game because before i got on psu, i never saw one other Envy.

-Ryuki-
Jun 4, 2007, 03:24 PM
I've only seen the EnvY around, not the Envy.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 4, 2007, 03:26 PM
There is only one other Seiryu, but it's a Human M.

Far as I know, my Beast F is the only avatar named Vestige.

Gryffin
Jun 4, 2007, 03:29 PM
I've seen Griffin, and Gryphon, but not Gryffin... lucky me n.n

-Ryuki-
Jun 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
As far as I know, not a single person has the names of any of my alts.
Rinslet, and when he still existed, Orichalcum. Ryuki Mk II, no one has.
In any case, there hasn't even been any "Ryuki" flying around. There IS
Ryoki, and most of us know him XD

Syl
Jun 4, 2007, 04:45 PM
I've seen a Mitsunari something or another <_<

As for my main, I've seen another Sylvia which is somewhat recent... she was a human but ugh, all these Sylvia/Silvias are recent. I bet I'm the influence >.>

As far as my alts go, I haven't seen anything remotely close to Sylvanos and Silenoz.

As far as Nevia goes, some people have mistaken me for Nadia for some odd reason in name lol. Levia said I stole the name and just added an -N http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Mystil
Jun 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
Meh I knows its you because I have your card.

Tykwa
Jun 4, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yesterday Universe 1 on 360, I saw FIVE Sakura's, yeah five, same name.

Slace2k3
Jun 4, 2007, 05:13 PM
yet to see another Mako, or a Slace. I have seen one Judge (my newman alt) who was also a newman, but thats it so far.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 05:17 PM
I had someone insist that i was that fitchburg idiot for like an hour...annoying.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 4, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-06-04 09:39, Ryoki wrote:
According to what I've been hearing on the olde fourth floor, Corey has Rabies.

Ahhhhh, the fourth wall...Oh floor...um...shit.

FOURTH FLOOR, good times

Allison_W
Jun 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
I've never encountered someone with the same name as one of my characters, though that's taking into account the fact that I give all of my characters first and last names. I've run into maybe a couple of different spellings of Allison and maybe two Terras.

Mystil
Jun 4, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-06-04 15:17, DurakkenX wrote:
I had someone insist that i was that fitchburg idiot for like an hour...annoying.

Now how did they figure that?

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 05:28 PM
beats me... Durakken is Durakken is Durakken. Durakken is sexah! Durakken is strong! Durakken will beat you with bananas! Durakken is not Fitchburg.

Mystil
Jun 4, 2007, 06:16 PM
Durakken doesn't speak horrible-ass torn up incoherant english and trolls more PSO/PSU forums than anyone I can think of. And is'nt smart enough to own a website. Whoever is "mistaking" you for him is just trying to piss you off.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 06:55 PM
On 2007-06-04 16:16, Mystil wrote:
And is'nt smart enough to own a website.

I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or not >.>

VanHalen
Jun 4, 2007, 06:58 PM
There will be only one Sanosuke on the PC/PS2 server. There was another with a different last name as my character and was a Beast Fortefighter and I killed him. Yeah that's right I did that.....THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

CelestialBlade
Jun 4, 2007, 07:16 PM
THERE ARE TEN MILLION FEMALE CASTS NAMED KOS-MOS ON THE FREAKING SERVER.

Fecesbot
Jun 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
I have seen six lilliths.
My names are to unique to be copied by accident.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-06-04 13:24, RyukiZero wrote:
I've only seen the EnvY around, not the Envy.

If your on the pc/ps2 servers then im famous http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. I think the beast Envy quit..

gambit04
Jun 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-06-04 17:16, Typheros wrote:

agreed...why are they all named KOS-MOS<insert number here to make yourself feel unique but you really aren't any different from the other KOS-MOS's> it is a lil insane.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah ive seen alot of KOS-MOS. Btw can someone tell me wtf that is

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 07:51 PM
"Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation Systems." That's what it means...

It is a character in Xenosaga...she is a battle android whom is designed to be the ultimate weapon against the gnosis.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 07:55 PM
ah i see why the make them now. Letme guess, She is a small robot that has a grey main body suit thing?( sorry im not good at describing)

epr18
Jun 4, 2007, 08:01 PM
I wonder how many Shiros are out there, seen at least 5

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
On 2007-06-04 17:55, Almighty_Envy wrote:
ah i see why the make them now. Letme guess, She is a small robot that has a grey main body suit thing?( sorry im not good at describing)

she's not small...

but here's the wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOS-MOS

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 09:08 PM
lol, took a shot in the dark >.>

Syl
Jun 4, 2007, 09:56 PM
I personally know of one Kosmos (a small black one) lolol

Pinecone
Jun 4, 2007, 10:02 PM
I haven't seen anyone yet with the same name, although I do get accused of misspelling my own name >.>

Ryno
Jun 4, 2007, 10:03 PM
eh'hem

Kimil
Jun 4, 2007, 10:11 PM
Met ONe Chiyo Before, and Yes, I mistaken for 'em before -_-;

Fure_Rakune
Jun 4, 2007, 10:35 PM
Theres no mistaking me!

Niered
Jun 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-06-04 17:42, gambit04 wrote:

On 2007-06-04 17:16, Typheros wrote:

agreed...why are they all named KOS-MOS<insert number here to make yourself feel unique but you really aren't any different from the other KOS-MOS's> it is a lil insane.

I swear to god the next time I see someone with a KOS-MOS I will rip out there trachea and force feed it through there large intestine.

We get it, Xenosaga was cool. Now shut the fuck up and get in line behind cloud, sephiroth, goku, vegeta, and any other randmomly overplayed anime/game character.

Titan
Jun 4, 2007, 11:26 PM
Somehow I was able to keep my names simple and I have yet to meet another Xena or Strawberry. There's no hope for Xavier and Katy though.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 11:53 PM
LOL im gonna search for rooms named Sephiroth and see how many come up xD. Ive seen like 50.

Zael
Jun 4, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-06-04 09:37, Kylie wrote:
With the ability to make a character with the same name of another character on PSU, have you ever run into someone with your name? Or have you been mistaken for someone you're not?

I have, plenty of times. xD

Yes, there's a beast Kylie, and there's a newman Kylie.

Up until Saturday (when I leveled), we were the exact same level, so it was pretty confusing for my friends. But even before I started seeing her a lot more because of FireBreak, I was mistaken for her. The oldest happening being that one of her friends came up to me and started talking to me like I was her. Then people started making offers on my ice crea double saber when they saw me because she had put up an advertisement for hers or something. People would seem upset when I told them they had the wrong Kylie.

Recently... someone's asked me why I dance on Moatoob all the time, asked me when I got a HPC unit, asked me when I became a newman, and asked me if I remember them from long ago. It really amazes me that people that have even seen her can get us mixed up because she's a different race, has lighter skin, is much shorter, and has different color hair. o.O

*sigh* I guess SEGA's system is a good thing because I wouldn't have been able to register as Kylie if it wasn't what it is because she registered first. But the confusion really is annoying... especially for my friend, Corey, because supposedly there was a hacker with his name on PSO. xD He's been called a hacker for that reason like six times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-04 09:38 ]</font>

Hehehe, I'm the other Kylie. The one that dances in Moatoob. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (I'm a Human BTW)

This one over here: http://psutopia.com/uploadr/view/320

Anyways, yes I have been mistaken for you quite a bit too. I chose that name because that was the name of my HUnewearl on PSO:BB.

Do you by chance, remember who was speaking to you as if you were me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-06-04 21:58 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 4, 2007, 11:59 PM
lol i saw u dancing and the other Kylie was sitting on a bench.

I started dancing near moa last time i was on. Purifying Moa with dance! as someone said

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-06-04 22:00 ]</font>

_Wolf_
Jun 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
my mains name is wolf and people invite me to parties and start yelling at me for stealing their crea doubles 3 TIMES and once for sweet death and that i have a friend strike ninja or something and then i realize who they are talking about i explain that i am a beast and he is taller than me and i have a higher I.D. number

EDIT: the other wolf is a human

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EchoGC on 2007-06-05 09:01 ]</font>

pikachief
Jun 5, 2007, 11:15 AM
i did meet 2 other VOLTRON's one was on the PC version he was like I GOT VOLTRON FIRST! pfft i got it in the beta >.>

and the other was a female human named VOLTRON (wtf) we became friends shopping for boards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (I needed to get rid of all my bel panon jellies from serafi hunting)

and i've seen like 20 other "Kitty"s but none are fat like meh kittay! oh and i dont think someone would make a character named "somerandomfatchick"

and yes i've seen about 10 other people named PIKAmidget! but thats because we have our own PIKAmidget clan and are all made exactly the same XD

Ryno
Jun 5, 2007, 11:44 AM
i sometimes check in my room to see if someone has the same name as me by searching for a shop and it was a no.. phew.. it was just me.

but i do see some close ones to my name when i play online.

Rya, ReNo, Rhianna, Rhino, RHINO, Rina(ANIMEniac pso-worlder), ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-06-05 09:51 ]</font>

Esufer
Jun 5, 2007, 11:46 AM
Hey Ryno! Ryno! ...Ryno! Ryno!

WaveofBabies
Jun 5, 2007, 12:20 PM
I've never seen someone with my name which is cool.
I'm Wave, the spunky female newman with an ego the size of most large planets

funny enough i have met 2 people on the XBOX servers with the same name as my PM

Omega_Weltall
Jun 5, 2007, 12:21 PM
some one mistook my Wren Type F for some guy named Wren, thinking i was the same person. Apparently this Wren was a horn-ball asshole so they started giving me shit, so i just left. Oh and if they read this forum (i doubt that), I'M NOT THAT GUY WREN! GODDAMN!

Tekershee
Jun 5, 2007, 01:11 PM
There was a low level newman called Tekki once o_O

Almighty_Envy
Jun 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
Theres an EnvY on the 360 servers who goes to this forum >.>

Hello other EnvY! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kylie
Jun 5, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-06-04 21:54, Zael wrote:

Misaki-Chii or something, she or he said his alt was Daisuke. Um, he was like, "hey Kylie! u remember me, rite? we used 2 talk like all teh time." I have been known to forget people, so I made sure that I didn't actually know him. He started saying I was half-Japanese or something, and I was like... Hm, no, I'm English and French... =P

Then last night Zero Sensei asked me if I was the singing dancer of Moatoob, which is weird because we look nothing alike. *shrug* I picked Kylie because it's my real name.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-05 12:55 ]</font>

Raven5_1
Jun 5, 2007, 03:30 PM
i've yet to see another tessa on pc/ps2 psu

Zael
Jun 5, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-06-05 12:54, Kylie wrote:

Misaki-Chii or something, she or he said his alt was Daisuke. Um, he was like, "hey Kylie! u remember me, rite? we used 2 talk like all teh time." I have been known to forget people, so I made sure that I didn't actually know him. He started saying I was half-Japanese or something, and I was like... Hm, no, I'm English and French... =P

Then last night Zero Sensei asked me if I was the singing dancer of Moatoob, which is weird because we look nothing alike. *shrug* I picked Kylie because it's my real name.

I don't even know who that is >_>
And I'm Filipino too.

You should AFK dance in Moatoob too, just for the lolz

Kylie
Jun 5, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-06-05 13:47, Zael wrote:

On 2007-06-05 12:54, Kylie wrote:

I don't even know who that is >_>
And I'm Filipino too.

You should AFK dance in Moatoob too, just for the lolz

Can do that on PS2? =P

Zael
Jun 5, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yes. I'm on PS2. What I do is open up the emotes menu, and highlight dance 1.

Then I put a rubber band around the controller to hold down the X button.

Kylie
Jun 5, 2007, 04:03 PM
I just might do that. =P I have to go to dinner with some friends tonight.

*logs on PSU before shower*

Zael
Jun 5, 2007, 04:46 PM
Okay! Have fun!

Pengfishh
Jun 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-06-04 20:35, Fure_Rakune wrote:
Theres no mistaking me!

Word.

Tita
Jun 5, 2007, 05:22 PM
no one has my name(s) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedX
Jun 5, 2007, 05:25 PM
I've only seen one other Seth, and he was a tall Human >.>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 5, 2007, 05:40 PM
Speaking of afk dancing. Someone mentioned putting pennies in your kb?

does that actually work?

RedX
Jun 5, 2007, 05:44 PM
Anything that holds keys down really.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 5, 2007, 05:45 PM
Super glue! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syl
Jun 5, 2007, 05:53 PM
Milk works too <.<

(dont ask lol)

Zael
Jun 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
Or you can use a PS2 controller USB adapter thingy, and put a rubber band around the controller if you're on PC.

Zer0_ConvoY
Jun 5, 2007, 07:59 PM
I have found one other Zer0, but only one and i hope it stays that way, I've been using Zer0 ConvoY or variants (like my psu main Zer0) for 7 or 8 years now, all my other chars on PSU have 2nd names and alliteration, 1st by accident, then when I relized, i made it a theme, I have another name I use in fantasy games that I made up, no one else even knows it unless they met me in one of the fantasy games I played. Also, I always check my partner cards when I sign on and again if i see a name but the look is different, completely ignore it when the race changes, maybe comon sense doesn't get spread out evenly like I always hope. Also, I use a nostromo speed pad when I afk dance, thats why I cycle thru dances http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer0_ConvoY on 2007-06-05 18:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer0_ConvoY on 2007-06-05 18:07 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jun 5, 2007, 08:03 PM
So far none of my PSU chars have been doubled....
I saw a Lucius though. That fucking pissed me off....imthe one and only Lucius.
Oh, and not sure this is true, but apparently theres another DIkkyRay running around