PDA

View Full Version : Would this fix it?

gambit04
Jun 4, 2007, 07:52 PM
I hear everyone complain about spamming missions for best MP, $$, S-rank boards and all that other rare fun stuff...but to fix this what if sega were to every thursday fix the drop rate for the board to increase if it isn't played and decrease if it is played...

Meaning:
Everyone plays Crimson Beast...so the drop rate would be lowered in finding a good rare from the boss box and regular monsters by say 50%.

Where a mission like say...anything on Moatoob(besided firebreak) that never gets played often would get an increase in the drop rate to say ohhh...200% thus making people who spam the same missions not get very good drops and the people who go play missions that don't have a very good reward at the end get a bonus with more rares and harder to find rares that drop a little bit easier.

What do you think? I'm tired of only being able to geta party together for the same missions...it seems that no one has a reason to leave those missions I mean give us something for not doing the same spam missions...

Fecesbot
Jun 4, 2007, 07:55 PM
meh.
Its kinda interesting but not all people spam just for drops.
Some do it for MP and money.
I would like to see a little motivation to do more of the missions that have been forgotten but hey wuddya gonna do?

danny_o
Jun 4, 2007, 08:10 PM
That's using your noodle! Hmmm! I like that idea!

Very clever.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 08:14 PM
Considering that there are no real rare items out there that people are gonna spam for or can get yet that would solve nothing v.v

Sychosis
Jun 4, 2007, 08:14 PM
No thanks. The only place you're getting a Sweet Death from is Mad Beasts S2. "You want a Sweet Death? I'm sorry, so does another 20% of the population, so now we're going to make it harder for you!"

What needs to be done is getting a more even distribution of rewards out there.

Africa
Jun 4, 2007, 08:36 PM
That just won't work. Part of the problem is the mission rewards, the other is the mission drops. Some missions just pay to little for ppl to run unless there in it for rediculously "rare" boss drops. ie lab vs crimson beast.Also don't forget for every class type your unit/weapon/armor of choice drops very. So just get a group and split your time looking for rares and mission rewards.

Kion
Jun 4, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-06-04 18:14, Sychosis wrote:
No thanks. The only place you're getting a Sweet Death from is Mad Beasts S2. "You want a Sweet Death? I'm sorry, so does another 20% of the population, so now we're going to make it harder for you!"

What needs to be done is getting a more even distribution of rewards out there.

Whole-heartedly agreed. Right now there are only two missions with "good" chances of drop S ranks. Why would you make it harder for people to find them?
Everytime this topic pops up i think the answer will always be: if you want to hunt somewhere else, mail your friends.

Zorafim
Jun 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
All we need is a central counter, one where we can see and join all the parties playing in PSU. Maybe add in a feature to specify if you want to see locked parties or unlocked parties, or both. This way, people can join parties that aren't in the hotspot, and this will encourage people to have roaming parties instead of static ones.

gambit04
Jun 4, 2007, 08:56 PM
I can see what you all mean by what you say about s rank boards...I guess the good drops are just too rare but then again that is what makes them rare maybe if they fixed the photon luck to make rares drop more also with increase drop rate?

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 09:38 PM
Zorafim that would just cause lag... at least in the JP servers... and most likely the US servers 40ppl start to lag me a little, imagine a few hundred. Maybe a modified version of it could work though, but not that specific one.

Eliash
Jun 4, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-06-04 17:52, gambit04 wrote:
I hear everyone complain about spamming missions for best MP, $$, S-rank boards and all that other rare fun stuff

Everyone will complain about something, and all that matters is how vocal the people who are complaining are. The people who spam the missions usually fall into two catagories:
1) People who truely like the missions/reward/drops
2) People who can't find a group anywhere else, or do not want to bother looking for an open party and would rather go to a hot-spot where they know they WILL get a group.

...but to fix this what if sega were to every thursday fix the drop rate for the board to increase if it isn't played and decrease if it is played...

Meaning:
Everyone plays Crimson Beast...so the drop rate would be lowered in finding a good rare from the boss box and regular monsters by say 50%.

While this may sound like a good idea in theory, it falls down very fast. I can see at least three problems that will arise from this.
1) It may cause additional downtime for the drop rates to be adjusted across the board and opens up the possibilities for certain drops to be either released early or erased completely.
2) This will promote even more mission spamming, everyone will crowd to the new missions as soon as they are released spam it in hopes of getting a new shiny s-rank board before the drop rate becomes increasingly lower than it is already.
3) This would sky-rocket prices that are already high enough as is since missions with the good drops will be spammed in hopes of easy millions and once that first week is over anyone who didn't get one will be pretty much forced to buy the rare at inflated prices, not to mention that it would also hurt the casual gamer who probably won't be able to get an item within the first week of the mission being released.
There is a lot more issues that can arise from this such as a lack of knowledge of what missions will have increase drop rates amongst the general population that doesn't constantly monitor websites and statistics, the lack of good items that drop from other missions would not only deter people from playing them even when the drop rates are higher for materials but what good is getting 99 Merculine when you can't use it? In the end all you will do is make people have to spend MORE time spamming the current hotspot mission in order to make up for what they would have done previously.

Where a mission like say...anything on Moatoob(besided firebreak) that never gets played often would get an increase in the drop rate to say ohhh...200% thus making people who spam the same missions not get very good drops and the people who go play missions that don't have a very good reward at the end get a bonus with more rares and harder to find rares that drop a little bit easier.

Giving increased experience, rares, meseta, and balancing the mission rewards are good incentives to do a less popular mission and can be done without taking away what other players pay for. I agree that there should be better reasons to do more missions rather than the current hotspots but making a sitatuion worse to appease a minority isn't a viable solution to the problem.

What do you think? I'm tired of only being able to geta party together for the same missions...it seems that no one has a reason to leave those missions I mean give us something for not doing the same spam missions...

This is a prime example of why it would be a bad thing to do (expecially on the PC/PS2 servers) the population just won't be able to support spreading out across several different missions and being able to find a group reliably. You may end up wasting time going to an area to find it's empty and some people may end up quitting entirely due to this reason. As it has been suggested some sort of terminal where you can see what area's have parties and maybe teleport there for a fee would be a solution to this problem for the most part, but it still may cause to small fragments of groups deciding that this place is better for rares and money than that place and groups may disband faster overall.

Personally, I think that there should be better incentives to do missions. But you have to look at the negatives that such a system will have also. I'm not trying to be mean but just thinking this situation out as fully as possible and seeing the problems it may cause. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif