PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Gurhal's Champions ( Updated 6/14)

Eliash
Jun 5, 2007, 08:04 PM
1.0 General Overview
1.1 Event Overview
1.2 Judges
1.3 Rules
1.4 Registration
1.5 Divisions
1.6 Prizes
1.7 Registration List

1.0 General Overview

The contamination of the Gurhal System has spread beyond the capabilities of the local officials and they have requested help from Guardians. In response, the Guardian Headquarters issued a message to all Guardians to aid in the purification process. Despite the response from Guardian troops, the contamination still hasn’t been contained. In an attempt to raise more interest in the purification, the Guardian Headquarter formed a committee to sponsor a tournament. This tournament is divided into many divisions that encourage the participation of all interested Guardians. Those that prove themselves in combat will be regarded as elites within their division and be rewarded for their pains.

Hordes of dangerous and vicious monsters face each Guardian who dares take this challenge. Many hardships and battles await those brave Guardians who apply. Alone they will struggle to be victorious, and alone they will suffer their fate. The challenge has been poised, now it is up to you to accept.

1.1 Tournament Details
The tournament will start on Friday, June 22, 2007, and may extend throughout the weekend. In order to participate, you will be required to undergo a registration process. The registration process will be open on Friday, June 14, 2007 to Thursday, June 21, 2007.

The tournament will take place on Moatoob's Scorched Valley C mission. Rank will be determined by the amount of enemies killed within the time limit. If a tie occurs for the leading participants, a tie-breaker mission will take place. Each player will be separated into divisions based on their level and advance job. There will be three reward places for each division awarded to the top three participants.

1.2 Judges
The role of Judge is opened to everyone who wants to apply, and from those that apply there will be 2 Judges and 2 Back-up Judges selected randomly to oversee the missions. They will be paid a fixed 50,000 Meseta for their participation in the event. Judges cannot help or assist participants in any way when overseeing a mission and cannot participate in the event themselves. Back-up Judges will be able to participate in the tournament but if they are called on to serve as a Judge their participation record is erased and they will be paid the fixed income instead.

1.3 Rules
There are several rules for the tournament, if any rule is broken the participant is disqualified.
- Each participant will be accompanied by three (3) Judges. The Judges will record the score of the participant and enforce these rules.
- Each participant will be required to register for the tournament prior to the day of the tournament.
- Each participant will not be able to die (without a Scape Doll) during the mission.
- Each participant will not be able to disconnect during the mission.

1.4 Registration and Renewal
Registration will be available from Thursday, June 14, 2007 to Thursday, June 21, 2007. Upon registering each participant will be required to pay a registration fee that will help fund the prize money. The registration fee is adjusted according to the level division the participant is engaging in. The last 3 digits of the participants ID number will be recorded in a list so that they are able to check that they have been registered correctly.

It becomes necessary to renew a registration when a participant breaks a rule, such as dying or disconnecting during a mission. Renewal of a registration is 25% the cost of the registration fee and can only be used to renew registration in one division. If a person wants to participate in more than one division they are required to register for that division in addition to the other divisions they are already registered in. Participants are allowed to switch or cancel their registration at or before 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, June 21, 2007.

To register please send me a PM through here or in-game.
- Include the Name, Level, Class, and last 3 digits of your ID number.
- Registration fee will be collected at the most convient time for both parties.
- All Level/Class divisions that do not contain participants will be closed and the prizes will be recycled into the other divisions. This will take place on Thursday, June 21, 2007. Make sure you register early to avoid complications.

1.5 Divisions
There are five (5) level divisions planned currently.

Level 70-80 Division
Registration Fee: 10,000 Meseta
Renewal Fee: 2,500 Meseta

Level 60-69 Division
Registration Fee: 7,500 Meseta
Renewal Fee: 1,875 Meseta

Level 50-59 Division
Registration Fee: 5,000 Meseta
Renewal Fee: 1,250 Meseta

Level 30-49 Division
Registration Fee: 3,000 Meseta
Renewal Fee: 750 Meseta

Level 10-29 Division
Registration Fee: 1,500 Meseta
Renewal Fee: 375 Meseta

1.6 Prizes

Level 70-80 Division
1st: 100,000 Meseta
2nd: 65,000 Meseta
3rd: 35,000 Meseta
Total: 1,400,000 Meseta

Level 60-69 Division
1st: 75,000 Meseta
2nd: 50,000 Meseta
3rd: 25,000 Meseta
Total: 1,050,000 Meseta

Level 50-59 Division
1st: 50,000 Meseta
2nd: 25,000 Meseta
3rd: 15,000 Meseta
Total: 630,000 Meseta

Level 30-49 Division
1st: 30,000 Meseta
2nd: 20,000 Meseta
3rd: 10,000 Meseta
Total: 420,000 Meseta

Level 10-29 Division
1st: 15,000 Meseta
2nd: 10,000 Meseta
3rd: 5,000 Meseta
Total: 210,000 Meseta

Estimated Total: 3,710,000 Meseta

1.7 Registration List
Level 70-80 Division
Fighgunner

Guntecher
ID: 856 *

Wartecher

Fortefighter

Fortegunner

Fortetecher
ID: 263 *

Protranser

Level 60-69 Division
Fighgunner

Guntecher

Wartecher

Fortefighter

Fortegunner

Fortetecher

Protranser

Level 50-59 Division
Fighgunner

Guntecher

Wartecher

Fortefighter

Fortegunner

Fortetecher

Protranser

Level 30-49 Division
Fighgunner

Guntecher

Wartecher

Fortefighter

Fortegunner

Fortetecher

Protranser

Level 10-29 Division
Fighgunner

Guntecher

Wartecher

Fortefighter

Fortegunner

Fortetecher

Protranser

This is a player based event. This is not an official event, therefore, PSO-World.com, Sonic Team and/or SEGA bears no responsibility to reward participants of this event.

All information is subjected to change without notice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-06-17 08:45 ]</font>

pikachief
Jun 5, 2007, 08:43 PM
i'll join but like how do u judge whos 1st 2nd and 3rd? and is there a level restriction? when is it? its like u gave us all details and no main points http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Deja
Jun 5, 2007, 08:51 PM
I like this, nice job giving Moatoob some love.

Good luck!

Golto
Jun 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
I would make sure the judges stay in the mission and don't stay outside. Just leave item settings to give finder. Good luck I hope it goes well.

Dre_o
Jun 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
When will we be able to register? For I would like to be part of the competition.

You should also add that PSO-World has no obligation to deal out the rewards

Eliash
Jun 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-06-05 18:43, pikachief wrote:
i'll join but like how do u judge whos 1st 2nd and 3rd? and is there a level restriction? when is it? its like u gave us all details and no main points http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be judged based on the amount of kills generated after the mission. In the event of a tie there will be tie-breaker runs.

I'm also planning on doing a few level division, but how many also depends on my funds. I'm hoping for somewhere around three level classes.
1-30
31-60
61-80

The rewards will be scaled down for the level classes and if I earn enough meseta I may make a few more. These aren't certain as I'm just trying to fund what would be the minimum for the 61-80 but it'll be open to all.

I would make sure the judges stay in the mission and don't stay outside. Just leave item settings to give finder. Good luck I hope it goes well.

This is going to be the basic idea, the Judges just make sure that the score recorded is accurate and that the participant doesn't die. They will not be able to join the event as it may lead to unfair rulings, however, I do plan to compensate those who serve as Judges as well.

When will we be able to register? For I would like to be part of the competition.

I want to at least finish giving out all the details before starting registration. This way everyone knows what to expect and what they are signing up for. I hope to have the event around the last week of Firebreak (as I know people will be spamming Parum Missions all day during the first two-weeks) this allows me time to get some meseta to deal with the event. The registration period will most likely be opened around June 16th, and the event should proceed throughout the last weekend/week depending how many people participate.

Any other questions don't hessitate to ask.

_DooM_
Jun 5, 2007, 10:16 PM
interesting, maybe i hope i can participate on this

omegapirate2k
Jun 5, 2007, 10:40 PM
Good idea, Eliash.

Dre_o
Jun 6, 2007, 11:46 AM
I do have one major modification to make though.

Upon ruminating on the details of this Event, one flaw has come to my attention. Due to the Influx of haxeta on the PS2/PC, this event could become a simple battle of who ever has used the most money to get the highest elemental percentages on their weapons.

Thus I suggest we create a Standard Assault Inventory, a Standard Ranged Inventory, and a Standard Force Inventory.

The idea is simple: The competitor who is about to go into action will have a selection of weapons. He may choose these weapons based on his personal preference or specific tactical knowledge. NONE of the weapons will be S-Ranked or Grinded. They will all have the same percentages (if any<-- I'm leaning towards no %'s myself.)

This limited inventory will put the TRUE skill of the competitor on trial instead of his weapons.

I can provide several different B-Ranked Weapons myself, though I have no spare A-Ranks (due to no Haxeta for me.)

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't say it's an issue with any hacks. The thing is, if this is a straight comparison test on the individual themselves, it's more of a competition to see who's got the best equipment and the strongest class individual class. This automatically removes classes who are relegated to support functions being their forte and not straight guarranteed damage. The knowledge-base around here, doesn't know enough how to regulate certain equip limitations to balance across classes, either.

Then again, the competition may be just for those primary damage types so maybe they're the ones that are going to sign up. (ahem. Fortetechers)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-06 10:00 ]</font>

Konstanse_Xx
Jun 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
I'm not all for the limited palette of weapons, I'm on PC/PS2, and the highest percentage I have is a 28% Dark Nightwalker, my ice weapons are no higher than 18% o.o

I can't afford neutral weapons, that's how bloody poor I am atm. XD

Golto
Jun 6, 2007, 12:22 PM
Umm isn't this on 360 so need need to worry about hacks?

pikachief
Jun 6, 2007, 12:39 PM
well if u play it alot and your really good you should have some really good weapons right?

oh and i've been soloing Dulk Fakis S for practice! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif tomarow im gonna try to S rank it by myself since yesterday i used 1 scape doll on the first form and 0 on the second form http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dre_o
Jun 6, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-06-06 10:22, Golto wrote:
Umm isn't this on 360 so need need to worry about hacks?

Well, I didn't think about the whole 360 part but it's not even about hacks.

It's about this little competition turning into a battle of whose got the best weapons, not whose got the best skill.

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
Well, considering this is all about who can hit the most monsters for high damage at a time, good luck. We'll see if good grounded melee weapons can keep up with the Fortetecher's high powered -Barta group techs. This is the moatoob firebreak mission we're talking about, which is very class-biased.

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 12:45 PM
Wartechers would own this =/

I'm interested though =]

Konstanse_Xx
Jun 6, 2007, 01:01 PM
o.o

Wow, I feel dumb.

I am gonna go delete my first post now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

EDIT: Can't but the one that mentioned the weapons does have a point, you eventually get the best through some means..Be it money, or synthing..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Konstanse_Xx on 2007-06-06 11:06 ]</font>

Synyster
Jun 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
Sounds gd bt i think we need smaller level divisions. theres a BIG difference between the monster killing potential at level 31 and level 60.

omegapirate2k
Jun 6, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-06-06 11:01, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
you eventually get the best through some means..Be it money, or synthing..

Money and synthing are related though, the more money you have, the more synthing you can do.

Eliash
Jun 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
I'm listening to all suggestions, and I'm hoping to make the level divisions smaller. I'm not sure if it will be possible but I'm working hard to do a small level divisions.

As for equipment I think I should leave it up to the players. It would be hard to enforce use of certain equipment and may cause grounds for potential cheating.

There will be CLASS divisions, so no need to worry about Fortetechers killing 999 monsters and Protransers killing 1. It would be based upon the best three for each Class division in their level cap.

EDIT: I hope to add new information maybe late today (not very likely) or maybe tomorrow (much more likely).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-06-06 12:22 ]</font>

jayster
Jun 6, 2007, 06:09 PM
I call 1st place in the fighgunner brackett!!!!! Me and my deathmakers will release doom upon all.

Also, is level 80 going to have and fight on A rank?? Because that'll be quite a challange.

Eliash
Jun 7, 2007, 08:35 PM
I updated this with a bit more information and what I hope to be the divisions. I just need to make the funds for the prizes now. All donations accepted. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eliash
Jun 14, 2007, 08:07 PM
Registration is now open, to register please send me a PM here or in game.

When you PM me make sure to include the Level and Class Division, last 3 digits of your ID number. I'll collect the registration fee whenever it's convient and will update the list here.

Any level/class division with no participants will be closed and the rewards allocated to other divisions.

Eliash
Jun 15, 2007, 03:52 PM
Reminder bump, is anyone still interested in the tournament?

pokefiend
Jun 15, 2007, 04:30 PM
It sounds awesome I think I have your partner card so next time I get on I'll make sure to send you my ID # http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Stefanhizzle
Jun 15, 2007, 05:40 PM
Where do u register??

LOL YESSSSS

WARTECHER WOULD OWN!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stefanhizzle on 2007-06-15 15:44 ]</font>

kevington
Jun 15, 2007, 05:41 PM
I'm in =P

I'll send you my ID# next time I'm on.

[over]

Eliash
Jun 15, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-06-15 15:40, Stefanhizzle wrote:
Where do u register??

You have to send me a PM through here or in game. Give me the level and class division you are registering for as well as the last 3 digits of your ID number so I can make a list.

Depending on what division you register for you will be required to pay a small registration fee which you can check above.

kevington
Jun 16, 2007, 10:00 AM
*event bump*

Midicronica
Jun 16, 2007, 03:37 PM
Dude, definitely sign me up for 70-80 Division. Female Cast GT, Etherelda!

Stefanhizzle
Jun 17, 2007, 12:55 AM
sign me up for 50-59

Wartecher lvl 58 Histugaya
Xbox360

Eliash
Jun 17, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-06-16 22:55, Stefanhizzle wrote:
sign me up for 50-59

Wartecher lvl 58 Histugaya
Xbox360

I just need the last 3 digits of your ID number (PM me from here or send me a message in game) to put you on the list.