PDA

View Full Version : Should we care about getting Moatoob to 100%?

Sekani
Jun 5, 2007, 09:20 PM
Simple question, feel free to explain your answer.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 5, 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah. I will never by clothes from Moatoob so the reward doesnt matter to me, but i just want to see it at 100%.

Sekani
Jun 5, 2007, 09:24 PM
(New post to avoid having to scroll through too much stuff at the top of the screen)

I voted "no" because in my mind Operation: Firebreak is a success once we obtain 80 million points. Since it really doesn't matter what planet the points come from, Moatoob's completion percentage is irrelevant.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 5, 2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah we should because it would be nice if we could get all of them to 100% and look eqaul to the japanese

Golto
Jun 5, 2007, 09:27 PM
I foresee most no's being from 360 people. I voted yes because Moatoob is not hard and I've done over 100 runs of it so far even if I lose money some runs.

VanHalen
Jun 5, 2007, 09:29 PM
Maybe......I mean I got something I have to do if it does. I'll be scared if I wake up tommorow to see it at 50%. Though my if I were to say yes it would be so we look better than the Japanese players.

Ryno
Jun 5, 2007, 09:30 PM
i vote no because i want this confusing event to end... so everything can be back to normal by doing regular missions... i saw the site still looks confusing.. i cant wait till everyone goes back to normal playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 5, 2007, 09:39 PM
honestly none of it really matters, but why not purify moatoob? Why not get all the bonuses we can from this event? Just because you may not benefit from it, doesn't mean you shouldn't help. What a friggin self centered statement.

It's funny that even in a game, you can see the japanese group think vs the american individual ideals

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-05 19:40 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Jun 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
I voted yes because I find it fun to run those Firebreak missions and they're here for a limited time only. Not every day we get to play through familiar landscapes look like they've been sunkissed with an atomic bomb. There's also the sense of a job well done--though honestly I'd feel accomplished if Moatoob got past 75% or even 50%.

For more selfish reasons, they're a great place to level your Photon Arts, even grenade launcher PAs. They were also what got me finally to the cap.

That and if we don't purify Moatoob, Laia will bash down my door and break my arms.

Laia has strong arms and an immunity to court orders.

A2K
Jun 5, 2007, 09:58 PM
With Neudaiz already completed and Parum a foregone conclusion, it would be rather nice to have a 50% discount at ROAR ROARS on Moatoob. It would be a nice excuse to blow money on clothes.

Personally, I don't understand why we have to accumulate another 5 million points than the Japanese did for the planet. The rise in the other two planets, based solely on the Netcash Cup results, make sense the Japanese just utterly destroyed those, but Moatoob? Moatoob barely squeaked by gaining just over 1 million over the 15 million goal.

Sekani
Jun 5, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-06-05 19:39, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
honestly none of it really matters, but why not purify moatoob? Why not get all the bonuses we can from this event? Just because you may not benefit from it, doesn't mean you shouldn't help. What a friggin self centered statement.

It's funny that even in a game, you can see the japanese group think vs the american individual ideals

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-05 19:40 ]</font>

I happen to like American individualism better than Japanese conformity, thank you for pointing out the difference though.

More on subject, what you seem to be mistaking for selfishness is more like a group of people having a different goal. If I was truly selfish I'd just be out there hunting more S-ranks. I think everyone, all servers, as a group, agree that one of the goals of this event is 80 million points. And despite some of the bickering I've seen we are all still working as a group towards this goal.

What is disputed is whether or not the secondary goal of 100% on all planets is a worthwhile one, and the reason I made this poll. I'm of the opinion not that it doesn't benefit me, but it doesn't benefit the playerbase as a whole either. If the only reason to get 100% on Moatoob is to satisfy some egos, couldn't you guys be considered the selfish ones instead?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-06-05 20:15 ]</font>

Arika
Jun 5, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-06-05 19:58, A2K wrote:
With Neudaiz already completed and Parum a foregone conclusion, it would be rather nice to have a 50% discount at ROAR ROARS on Moatoob. It would be a nice excuse to blow money on clothes.

Personally, I don't understand why we have to accumulate another 5 million points than the Japanese did for the planet. The rise in the other two planets, based solely on the Netcash Cup results, make sense the Japanese just utterly destroyed those, but Moatoob? Moatoob barely squeaked by gaining just over 1 million over the 15 million goal.

Personally, I don't think they should compare our empty server to jp server since the first place, we won't going to have same point as them.

VanHalen
Jun 5, 2007, 10:19 PM
On 2007-06-05 20:16, Arika wrote:

Personally, I don't think they should compare our empty server to jp server since the first place, we won't going to have same point as them.

Sega realized that we are so good that they need to jack up the point value http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. Anyway we beat them if we believe...and *insert some cheesy anime lecture about believing here of your choice*.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 5, 2007, 10:19 PM
Suddenly i'm reminded of Knuckles' theme off of Sonic Adventure. In fact, i'm listening to it right now.

Siertes
Jun 5, 2007, 10:34 PM
Completing Moatoob would certainly give me a sense of completion for this event, but I'm not the type to tell others what they should or should not care about.

Shiryuu
Jun 5, 2007, 10:49 PM
Nope. I don't have any inferiority complexes to worry about.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 5, 2007, 10:52 PM
arent the comparisons like 20 japanese players to 1 NA/EU player?

VanHalen
Jun 5, 2007, 10:55 PM
On 2007-06-05 20:52, Almighty_Envy wrote:
arent the comparisons like 20 japanese players to 1 NA/EU player?

But didn't you know? 1 NA/EU player can do the work of 20 Japanese players and half of a boat.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 5, 2007, 11:15 PM
My vote: Yes.

IMO the FB mission on Maotoob are FUN and remind me of the old "Mop Up" and "Endless Nightmare" missions back on PSO. They give great XP, decent MP and good way for me to level my Sword PA's and Crossbow ice bullets.

I've gone from Lvl 51 to just about lvl 54 thanks to Moatoob. And my crossbows ice bullets get good use and I can level it up; when they succeed in freezing enemies it helps the team IMV. Oh and I've gotten my Fighgunner to lvl 5 when it was at Lvl 2 before Firebreak.

Thanks to drops I've gotten 3 much needed Copernia and finally obtained a Seva Cresa Board (the player it originally went to gave to me, thanks again; sorry I forgot your name)
So Moatoob's FB missons have been good and fun in my experience.

Soukosa
Jun 6, 2007, 12:34 AM
Personally, I don't understand why we have to accumulate another 5 million points than the Japanese did for the planet.

Thought they needed 16mil? 16mil over 4 weeks is 4mil per week. We get it for an extra week so we gain 4mil more points that are needed. Looking at a graph of where the points came from, the Moatoob one brought in the fifth most points of all of the missions, beating the 2nd Neudaiz and meadow ones, almost beating the latter.

A2K
Jun 6, 2007, 12:43 AM
They needed 15 million. They got 16. Compare that to the other planets where Parum was well over 100 million in excess for the 25 million goal and Neudaiz almost 20 million. The goals for our Operation Firebreak event were raised to compensate, and rightly so for the first two planets. The concern lies that even with their population they barely cleared the planet, although, the with the extra week.

In any case, we'll see how it pans out. As it was stated before, 100% purification isn't necessary for the goal, but... it certainly couldn't hurt.

Criss
Jun 6, 2007, 12:48 AM
Personally, I love Moatoob and have always been disappointed to see it so empty most of the time, with people always being on Parum and sometime later also on Neudaiz. I'd be glad to see Moatoob finally getting some love and seeing people actually work on it. And in any case, that mission is awesome. It's like an "all you can eat" Vanda buffet. It just needs more salt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pikachief
Jun 6, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-06-05 19:30, Ryno wrote:
i vote no because i want this confusing event to end... so everything can be back to normal by doing regular missions... i saw the site still looks confusing.. i cant wait till everyone goes back to normal playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

wow ryno it really isnt confusing at all. Do fire missions, get points. more points mean more prizes.

thats it. it doesnt matter how u get the points exactly and where they come from and y this event is happening.

just do fire missions and win prizes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DAMASCUS
Jun 6, 2007, 01:37 AM
I am definitely going to keep hitting Moatoob non-stop until the update this week. After that Moatoob will be at a standstill while Parum gets spammed. It Parum makes %100 in short order I will immediately jump back to Moatoob...even if I don't manage to get an S-Rank board :/

Eleina
Jun 6, 2007, 01:49 AM
It would be nice to see moatoob at 100% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
but if it doesn't get that far we shouldn't really care so NO...however should they close the planet for a month after the event (you never know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) then yes we should care with DG S2 possibley coming out after firebreak http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RFB
Jun 6, 2007, 02:57 AM
Should we care? well, no, not really, it's not a matter of life and death, but I really would like to see Moatoob reach 100%. I'm gonna keep doing Moatoob if I can find groups (except for a quick visit to Parum to do all 7 missions for mah frying pan! <_< >_>) and hope for the best.

Still, it's sad. I dont know if it's because of the hours I play at or what, but there are never many Moatoob runs going on =S

Midicronica
Jun 6, 2007, 03:05 AM
I really don't care, but it would be really nice to see it at 100%.

*goes back to playing MvC*

Ravennittes
Jun 6, 2007, 04:03 AM
I'm a 360 player and voted yes because the Moatoob mission is fun ^.^ .

ashley50
Jun 6, 2007, 04:43 AM
NO....I want to play normal as Usual even though there's this repetitive "Purify-destroy-The-seed_repeat".

and I hate people wearing Garment Auras, I mean after this event came out almost everyone has one(it's annoying!) it's not even great! Just like Blackheart...Cool Looks won't save you from an approaching megid or a Hale of Digas.

Jakosifer
Jun 6, 2007, 06:59 AM
The increased Sta might save you from insta death though. >.>

Anywho I wanna see Moatoob at 100%, that way we can get every possible benifit from it. And that mission is extremely fun, I can just never find anyone who I know who wants to do it, they all want to do stupid Rainbow Beast (as if they're going to find anything) >_<

Shiryuu
Jun 6, 2007, 07:07 AM
On 2007-06-06 02:43, ashley50 wrote:
Looks won't save you from an approaching megid or a Hale of Digas.

Neither would hp restore.

ColdWisher
Jun 6, 2007, 07:10 AM
How do we know there is no secret prize for 100%'ing all three planets? Just because there isnt anything saying about a reward for it, you never know.

norrisj15
Jun 6, 2007, 07:14 AM
the only person who has an excuse to vote no is vanhalen. other than that GET OFF OF NEUDAIZ AND GET OVER TO MOATOOB!

omegapirate2k
Jun 6, 2007, 09:46 AM
Oh shit guys, the site says that if we don't purify parum we have to answer to that PMSing bitch strong willed Laia!!!

And although I wouldn't mind a 50% clothes discount on moatoob, I can live without it.

I really could care less if we amass less points than the Japanese.

chibiLegolas
Jun 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
I say YES! Events like these are suppost to get us working together to reach a goal. I don't mind watching myself fail at something in game. But I'd HATE to see our combined community fail together. Prizes are an after thought.

What does that failure say about us? We're better than that damit! We CAN do it! We just need the will and man power folks! I wanna equal, or do better than what the Japanese scored.

Ppl complain that Sega of Japan caters and listens to their Japanese fan base. But Sega of America doesn't. Well, I wanna PROVE that non-Japanese PSU fanbase can be JUST AS dedicated as their Japanese counterparts damit!
*shakes fist in air*

-Tidus_415-
Jun 6, 2007, 12:55 PM
I wish the extra points from neudiaz didnt count towards the 80 million total that we need or at least if the planet doesnt get purified that we wouldnt be able to access it until the expansion. Maybe then people would stop being so damn lazy about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-06-06 10:56 ]</font>

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
I'm a CAST.

So I don't care.

Whee!

-Tidus_415-
Jun 6, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-06-06 10:59, Esufer wrote:
I'm a CAST.

So I don't care.

Whee!

Im a Newman so I care. We have stupid Beasts and Casts that dont want to get off our planet and go back to where they came from.

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 01:07 PM
Mmmhmm.

But my parts'll be reduced in price no matter what happens. =]

Synyster
Jun 6, 2007, 01:21 PM
I'm on 360, n I vote hell yeah! Moatoob is an awesome place, n now with the FireBreak mission its perfect for levelling characters n PAs. Lets not forget the PA Fragment rewards for doing all of the missions either. For characters such as myself, who can't play S missions yet, its a great way of getting a head start on those ultimate PAs.
Oh and we need to beat the Japanese... lol

pokefiend
Jun 6, 2007, 02:05 PM
Well as official Moatoob representative / embassador I vote "yes".

After weeks of unsuccessful hunting at rainbow beast S2, I think firebreak is exactly what PSU needed. I know it gives me a rightrous goal at working on. It may not be as rewarding as mad beast / rainbow beast, but when its the last day of the event and I see that 100% purification, I know it was because of me, our community earned that score http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif.

It's true too! I cant help but feel proud of myself so far for staying determined on purify moatoob, and at the same time I continue to earn more respect from people I've partied with, since Scorched Valley A above any other mission, puts each and everyone's skills, wisdom, concentration, and strategy to the ultimate test. In fact, just a week ago a fighgunner (an awesome one at that) under the name of Jess told Abby (me) that she was her most favorite party leader & fortetecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm not sure about many other people, but that comment to me was equal to earning 10 shi-kikamis. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif There's nothing better in this game than someone completmenting you on your hard work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-06-06 12:17 ]</font>

Africa
Jun 6, 2007, 02:19 PM
This should be a decisive yes. Isn't the point of firebreak to promote teamwork, coordination and such? If so fail to cleanse all 3 planets and the psu community fails. Otherwise be selfish and blow moatoob up or w/e. It doesn't effect me much cuz i can't play again yet.

omegapirate2k
Jun 6, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-06-06 11:21, Synyster wrote:
I'm on 360, n I vote hell yeah!

You misspelled "HEL YEH"

Vashyron
Jun 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
Yes because I feel it just should be done.

Nai_Calus
Jun 6, 2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, if only because failing at the event would look bad to Sega as far as bringing further events stateside.

"Think we should give them this one?"
"Eh, why, they won't finish it, look at what happened with the last one."

Mind you, since I'm stuck on dialup I'm a bit of a hypocrite since I've currently been planted on Neudaiz doing Moonlight Beast runs since multi-mission counters frequently disconnect me ever since they changed them, making it kind of impossible to get a team going or join one that is going. XP

Emrald
Jun 6, 2007, 04:54 PM
because Moatoob gives better EXP DUH

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 04:54 PM
When Parum only has 1%?

*probably a total noob question.*

(search the forums lol!)

already did.

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-06-06 14:54, Emrald wrote:
because Moatoob gives better EXP DUH

Er... but I mean the purification rate...

Chuck_Norris
Jun 6, 2007, 04:55 PM
>.> if you searched the forums you SHOULD already know.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 6, 2007, 04:57 PM
Because tomorrow, Parum will have a few new fire break missions unlocked that includes a whole slew of S-rank boards when done on A rank. Thus, everyone with a high-leveled character will go there and do those quests with the hope of getting an S-rank board.

Emrald
Jun 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
S rank boards? any new S rank rods?

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-06-06 14:57, Mwabwetumba wrote:
Because tomorrow, Parum will have a few new fire break missions unlocked that includes a whole slew of S-rank boards when done on A rank. Thus, everyone with a high-leveled character will go there and do those quests with the hope of getting an S-rank board.

Thanks for clearing that up. ^u^

I'll probably continue Moatoob purification, doubt one party can make a difference.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 6, 2007, 05:00 PM
dont think so, but theres a new S rank armor i think.

VanHalen
Jun 6, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-06-06 14:59, Esufer wrote:

On 2007-06-06 14:57, Mwabwetumba wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. ^u^

I'll probably continue Moatoob purification, doubt one party can make a difference.

If you don't your shotgun mine will be out of business.

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 05:33 PM
=O!

THEN HOW I MINE FOR SHOTGUN!?

*Moatoob Crusade*

gambit04
Jun 6, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-06-06 14:54, Esufer wrote:
When Parum only has 1%?

*probably a total noob question.*

(search the forums lol!)

already did.

I thought all of these topics died or were already understood...oh well just wait until saturday when Parum will have a higher % then moatoob...lol now that will be funny won't it...

No it won't b/c moatoob is in trouble...Please save my home planet!!!