PDA

View Full Version : Who are you........

Nanoframe
Jun 5, 2007, 09:53 PM
What kind of PSU player are you?

VanHalen
Jun 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
A casual, talkative player. My whole 1st month was spent in front of the 4th floor of the colony.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 5, 2007, 09:57 PM
casual, talkative, collector

I talk a lot, sit around a lot, don't do many missions, but when I do, I'm hunting something.

THE JACKEL

F-Gattaca
Jun 5, 2007, 10:48 PM
Who am I, huh? Who am I really?

Well, I woke up in a G Colony doorway and there was this Lou, right? She knew my name, and told me I could go sleep at home tonight if I could get up and walk away. I staggered off to the spaceport and the jetwash damn near knocked me flat. All I remember before that was throwing Dimenians around and spamming freeze traps from my chair.

Er, wait a sec. *thwacks self*

I'm a casual guy, but I also have a serious exploration bent--something not mentioned in the polls! I like seeing and doing what I can in an MMO, I like to get involved with the MMO's story, and I like to take part in events.

Sometimes I get the drive to grind, but I'm hardly the guy who'll do it first. That much is evidenced by hitting the level cap on the last day of my first subscription. 180-day subscription.

amtalx
Jun 5, 2007, 10:51 PM
I wont be satisfied until all of my bullets are 30 in preparation for AoI. Then, I wont be happy until I have all level 40 bullets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just trying to be the best ranger I can be.

Shiryuu
Jun 5, 2007, 10:53 PM
I hunt stuff mostly.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
Who I am is what you will find when you get to know me >3

gambit04
Jun 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
I'm a rare hunter simply b/c I like nice things on my characters and don't like to be poor in any game.

Siertes
Jun 5, 2007, 10:55 PM
I guess I would classify myself under casual. I mean I love hunting rares and stuff, but I never find any and I always give up quickly.

Deja
Jun 5, 2007, 11:01 PM
Who am I? The girls dem sugar!

pikachief
Jun 5, 2007, 11:55 PM
i almost got to 71 first!!! >:{ but i left seabed and went to moatoob for som reason and then i had schooL! but even with school i still got to lvl 70-73 in one day!

But i WILL get to 81 first! (if not to 90 first)

Eleina
Jun 6, 2007, 02:27 AM
I am....myself o.0

Ithildin
Jun 6, 2007, 02:30 AM
Definitely lv up and play casual... Unfortunately I don't have the time to do anything else (as in hunt rares etc.)

Ether
Jun 6, 2007, 02:45 AM
What, no "I play solo" option?

RFB
Jun 6, 2007, 02:48 AM
Casual. VERY casual. My highest character is 48

PMB960
Jun 6, 2007, 02:48 AM
I just like to try and play and talk with as many people as I can and just do w/e. Doesn't really matter as long as I am having fun. I am a collector and hope to (one day) get every S rank (yeah right), although I would rather give boards to others who can actually synth them and use them. I also want to be there for the good of others, hence my shop prices.

SarinSerafi
Jun 6, 2007, 03:07 AM
I used to be a casual player when I first started. Logged in for about 3-5 hours a day, sometimes less, joined a few parties, then logged off.

However, having so much time on my hands and getting addicted to this game quickly taught me that to be a hard hitting, effective hunter (now Fortefighter), I had to get better weapons, armor and units. So after capping my level, I became a rare unit/weapon hunter. Sold what I found, synthed weapons, traded around, found units, etc. It's pretty much all I do. Of course, when the cap gets raised to 90, I'll be joining parties again, and I still do on occasion for leveling my other jobs not capped to 10 yet.

So I voted "Im a rare S stuff and unit hunter".

Nedeti
Jun 6, 2007, 03:50 AM
Am that player who all would like to know more.... Best described has out world player go above the rules and stay withing at the same time.

ashley50
Jun 6, 2007, 04:53 AM
I level up and Play casual, Helping friends when needed, I AFK-Sleep when i feel like it, I love to delete High Level alts and remake them.

and Most of ALL...Down with the Fleshies!!!

Jakosifer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:01 AM
:/ Im none of that on the list. I guess you could say "The bored guy who gives money to random new people" >_>

epr18
Jun 6, 2007, 09:16 AM
I hunt therefore I am.

Eleina
Jun 6, 2007, 09:23 AM
On 2007-06-06 07:16, epr18 wrote:
I hunt therefore I am.

Lol

Dirkster111
Jun 6, 2007, 09:39 AM
I'm a little bit of the casual player and a little bit of the rare hunter.

omegapirate2k
Jun 6, 2007, 09:39 AM
I play casual, I'd say, when I have friends on I play with them, when they're not on (quite rare), I play something else.

Kylie
Jun 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
None of those really fit me, so I picked the first option.

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
I play and chat quite equally, thus I have 660+ hours on my Lv59, while my Lv63 has only 580+ hours.

Suz
Jun 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
I pretty much just log on to be with people. I'm already max level, so I help out where i'm needed.

Pengfishh
Jun 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
I AM THE MIGHTY PENGFISH!!

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2007, 10:40 PM
I'm a fish. That's, pretty much it.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 10:54 PM
at one time or the other i have been all of those.

Weeaboolits
Jun 6, 2007, 10:56 PM
Title makes me think of that ad campaign Nintendo ran, but I couldn't find a picture. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-06-06 20:56, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Title makes me think of that ad campaign Nintendo ran, but I couldn't find a picture. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

how about a video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_THzWegFMw

THE JACKEL

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 11:36 PM
Asians are surprisingly durable and athletic

Mario Mafia O.o

Mama mia

Garin
Jun 7, 2007, 12:01 AM
I play mostly casual. I don't know anyone on here and I rarely party from people on my partner card list as most quit. Other than that I suppose I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my character: I trained the PA's I use to 11+ when I hit wartecher and while as a force I raised up the most commonly used buffs to 11+ as well, so essentially hitting the cap of combos/improvement.

I'm not very social though I'm not adamant about it. Most people just don't carry the same likings as me. Combine that with a roommate who has a baby that has to be taken care of and I miss things often.

Expertsword
Jun 7, 2007, 12:06 AM
And the store owner is like...

ahh... !@#$

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Expertsword on 2007-06-06 22:06 ]</font>

Kimil
Jun 7, 2007, 12:38 AM
I'm trying to Max Every Class, that's my mission
After that every PA I have ( if it doens't happen int he prcess lol)
Then items... but that a BITCH

Gemel
Jun 7, 2007, 12:48 AM
On 2007-06-06 21:28, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

how about a video?

THE JACKEL

Congratulations!!
You are the first person to make me lol on this forum!

Ryoten
Jun 7, 2007, 01:03 AM
I'm a cool person who like to do missions from time to time,never caring if I get a rare item or not. Like to talk to ppl about anything that comes up, & just have fun as time slowly ticks away.

MayLee
Jun 7, 2007, 03:04 AM
Got me, I don't even know myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hehe. I'm a Casual gamer, I like to have fun on the game and make sure everyone in my party are having fun. I also like shiny stuffs..>.>

*goes to look for S rank Wand*

Ravennittes
Jun 7, 2007, 08:35 AM
Who-who-who are you... *sings Who Are You by The Who*

^.^

Tyde
Jun 7, 2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely a casual gamer. I've put 30+ hours into online mode and I'm lvl 18 / lvl 5 hunter. I really need to start partying, lol.

Aralia
Jun 7, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'mma rare hunter (see my mood)

Though I tend to play casual when I'm not hunting. Leveling up is another passion of mine. =p
Also to be the best I can be. I make my characters a efficient and effective as possible.. cept my human, he's my uber gimp character for sanity purposes. XD

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 7, 2007, 10:20 AM
What I do mainly depends on what someone else is doing, but...I guess when I have free will I simply go for progress. (Currently, getting purification points for Moatoob.) I tend to get bored fast and go AFK or log out though. So much for making progress. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 7, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-06-06 22:48, Gemel wrote:

On 2007-06-06 21:28, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

how about a video?

THE JACKEL

Congratulations!!
You are the first person to make me lol on this forum!

well thank you, I try to bring logic and humor to this forum... it's hard work!

I would be hunting, and will be hunting rares this weekend on the new Parum missions, but this week I've been leveling my 6 Xbow bullets. Only one more to get above 11... the only one I don't have over 11 is light... and the bullet I don't have is ground

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-07 08:26 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Jun 7, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-06-07 08:20, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
What I do mainly depends on what someone else is doing, but...I guess when I have free will I simply go for progress. (Currently, getting purification points for Moatoob.) I tend to get bored fast and go AFK or log out though. So much for making progress. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm a hardcore player and somewhat tempered, but deep down inside I'm relaxed and willing to help others if they need someone. I'm usually don't go for chatting, but Jife, you're the exception.

Also check out the new part of my sig, we'll talk about it later. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 7, 2007, 11:00 AM
On 2007-06-07 08:55, Sexy_Raine wrote:

On 2007-06-07 08:20, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

I'm a hardcore player and somewhat tempered, but deep down inside I'm relaxed and willing to help others if they need someone. I'm usually don't go for chatting, but Jife, you're the exception.

Also check out the new part of my sig, we'll talk about it later. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I saw it. That is some funny stuff. I wanna hear more about it from you. Er..how much later?

Sexy_Raine
Jun 7, 2007, 11:03 AM
I'll log on right now. The sig is from an old episode of Scabble btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-06-07 09:03 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jun 7, 2007, 11:04 AM
I level up random new chars to find a new char identity for myself for RP's sake. Y'know, to get into the game more and justify keeping my GUARDIANS License renewed. Presently, it's a Tranny Beast, and presently, it's fun being the only lv11 Protranser running around. o.O

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 7, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-06-07 09:03, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'll log on right now. The sig is from an old episode of Scabble btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-06-07 09:03 ]</font>

I am so there. Sorry to make you wait.

Akaimizu
Jun 7, 2007, 11:23 AM
Uniqueness is definitely fun. A Human Guntecher primary, like Tynselle, is about as rare as a Love Bow, and even pride myself with a completely unique look. Even a unique face detail if one removes all else.

When I play online, or most any kind of dungeon hacker (with a true character creation utility), I just am not satisfied with just playing the game for the gameplay alone; I need to create stuff in the interim. I try to create that balance between roleplay and gameplay not in just simply having quotes, or saying a few lines, or doing particular character poses. It also works into the strategy and styles of gameplay I have in mind for them.

So a little bit of tactics and strategy embellish things because that's how the character, as an individual character, would fight. The trick is making it work to the best of your abilities, with said weapon-set. Have your full arsenal. And when you fight, make it look like you're just comfortably fighting and doing your job; not making it obvious that each thing you do is a well-thought tactical decision. Well, unless people ask. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

For me, I just love fighting together and helping everybody kick as much butt as they can. I guess I can consider myself casual, as I'm not always hunting for the next big thing. I also pride in the time I can help others out. You should see my eyes light up when some specifically asks me Guntecher experience questions. I like to point out advantages and disadvantages, and ways to turn what one might see as a disadvantage to an advantage, particularly in party play.

It, in a way, seeps into when I play Mufonna. Even though she is straight Fighter, through and through, I find myself sometimes trying to take in the whole tactical situation (even though the highly mobile Guntecher constantly surveys that). Makes me wonder whether I'll end up playing a hunter-type more like a support-hunter than I first expected.

I also enjoy the various setup changes I need to make, depending on what classes we have for the party. I almost wish I could 'Save' Weapon setup profiles, for my character. Like one for "No Melee Artists", one for "Heavy Fighter support", one for "Anti mid-sized tech casters", and then a standard set for each planet. I'm perfectly fine manually reconfiguring for bosses.

My main hardcore thing, I would say, was my achievement on mastering all the Twin Handgun bullets, and finding as many different gameplay uses for them as possible. If Tynselle 'Lives' for her "Twin-gunnies", I better be able to know more about their inner-workings than the average guardian.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-07 10:15 ]</font>

Zero-mx
Jun 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
I'm a bit of the first two. I like playing and leveling up with friends and stuff, but I also like to go out and hunt rares every now and then (even though success is at 0% so far)

EMPYREAN
Jun 12, 2007, 05:46 AM
im a pure runner, not a talker.

EL-0104
Jun 12, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-06-07 09:30, Zero-mx wrote:
I'm a bit of the first two. I like playing and leveling up with friends and stuff, but I also like to go out and hunt rares every now and then (even though success is at 0% so far)

Same here actually. Although I am mostly concentrated on the leveling up part. I would like to have a lvl 80 or capped before AoI comes out.

Neith
Jun 12, 2007, 11:46 AM
I play with a small group of friends, I only even bother with Uni 2 when they're not online. Aside from that, I play pretty casually, though there are a few items I've been hunting.

Where some people can spam something like Rainbow Beast S2 all day, I do about 3-4 runs a day and give it a rest.