PDA

View Full Version : I got to thinking....the Coolest TECH PA Ever would be...

Fulgore
Jun 5, 2007, 10:14 PM
......a Fire Tornado http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Check out images on Google or better yet Fire Tornado on Youtube, those things are soooo sweet... That would Rock if we had an Ultimate TECH PA that created a Fire Tornado that you could control by holding down your Wand and Direct it, WOOHOO!!! (Like Damfoie only in tornado form)

...just a random thought I had.... Also I decided to keep my Razonde as it is one of the Coolest looking/Sounding PA's us Forces can use (especially when AOI comes out)

Garnet_Moon
Jun 5, 2007, 10:20 PM
The coolest tech is one that would heal. Oh wait...

Arika
Jun 5, 2007, 10:20 PM
Ragraint~ thousands of slashing waves release from magic sphere!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-06-05 20:31 ]</font>

Deucer
Jun 5, 2007, 10:36 PM
Shoop Da Whoop~ It's a lazah.

F-Gattaca
Jun 5, 2007, 10:39 PM
The coolest looking PA would be Hammertime.

With an axe.

Don't deny it.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 5, 2007, 10:49 PM
That would be cool but a tidal wave would be better.

Fulgore
Jun 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
Something Final Fantasy-Esk would be nice.....you know, all Over the Top and Devistating.....like how Casts have SUV's and Beasts have Nanoblasts.....maybe it could charge up those like those do and then Unleash it's EMO Goodness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Actually even cooler would be one that used up an entire wand/rod to perform some ultimate attack.....but I could see how that would be bad......people would bring 30 Wands/Rods to battle and yeah, totally broken http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-06-05 20:56 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Jun 5, 2007, 11:50 PM
I'd like to see Megid, but in Phantasy Star IV form. Screw this ball-of-instant-death crap.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 12:02 AM
Z0Mg teh cool3st p4 w0od b a ub3r M3g4 esplochion O.O

Chuck_Norris
Jun 6, 2007, 02:14 AM
hell no! the best TECH would be this,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vsl6cgc0Q8M

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-06-06 00:15 ]</font>

Criss
Jun 6, 2007, 02:18 AM
I'd love something along the lines of FF6's Ultima or Chrono Trigger's Luminaire. Huge dome of energy rising with chunks of the ground starting to float around it.

Eleina
Jun 6, 2007, 02:21 AM
I only wish ra-techs could stack on enemys(3 times the damage if enemy on his own) just like shotguns & xbows <.<

Arika
Jun 6, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-06-06 00:21, Eleina wrote:
I only wish ra-techs could stack on enemys(3 times the damage if enemy on his own) just like shotguns & xbows <.<

I only hope Ra-tech can hit 4 enemies

Sylpheed
Jun 6, 2007, 06:30 AM
On 2007-06-06 00:37, Arika wrote:

Good idea! make forces even stronger than they already are -.-

Shiryuu
Jun 6, 2007, 07:05 AM
Coolest tech would be a black hole. An actual black hole, and not ramegid. With incapacitation. Monsters that gets instant killed gets sucked into the black hole.

Ravennittes
Jun 6, 2007, 08:36 AM
I'd say the best thing would be the Soul-Steal special attack from Ninety-Nine Nights. Instand p0wnage 'cause everything dies ^.^ .

ThEoRy
Jun 6, 2007, 10:07 AM
I once imagined a storm shooting many giant icicles from the sky in a large radius around the caster. I suppose the same could be done with all the elements. Nothing super spectacular ala FF summon sequences or any other types that wouldn't be practical in this game. But massive fire, meteorites, and lightning storms from above would be doable. I think a nice Dark rain would be cool as well. Thousands of acid rain like droplets of dark energy falling upon helpless enemies. They would do little damage individually but there would be... well, thousands of them.

ShineOnline
Jun 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
I've always wanted a good old-fashioned summon spell. Or at least some type of necromancy spell. Go, undead Polty Go!

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-06-06 08:07, Octagon wrote:
I think a nice Dark rain would be cool as well. Thousands of acid rain like droplets of dark energy falling upon helpless enemies. They would do little damage individually but there would be... well, thousands of them.

O.O thatd pwn, only if i could have it.

Imagin that replacing megiverse o.o

Syl
Jun 6, 2007, 02:34 PM
We need gimegid <_<

Zarbolord
Jun 6, 2007, 02:40 PM
Big Megid SUV
Meteor Storm from ToS as a tech
ULT nano form, all white with wings
human autobuff when in dire situation

Umberger
Jun 6, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-06-05 21:50, Typheros wrote:
I'd like to see Megid, but in Phantasy Star IV form. Screw this ball-of-instant-death crap.

Yeah, I want Megido as well...the one that could destroy entire towns and such, not the "oooh scary purple ball".

I wish we had a tech that could either:

A) Hit multiple targets (like Grenade Launchers, etc)
B) Hit the same enemy multiple times in one cast (for those of you who have played RO, I'm thinking Jupiter/Jupitel Thunder)

Ah well, the techs we have now do fine. =p

Zarbolord
Jun 6, 2007, 02:44 PM
Use nosdiga on one enemy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Jun 6, 2007, 02:52 PM

I'd rather see Barta, Zonde, Megid be able to hit the multiple targets on larger enemies/bosses.

We need gimegid <_<

You mean "damzonde", right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 6, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-06-05 20:36, Deucer wrote:
Shoop Da Whoop~ It's a lazah.

I'd hit it

and I'd make the switch to lv 1 FO just to get it

Umberger
Jun 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-06-06 12:52, JAFO22000 wrote:
You mean "damzonde", right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If they just made it like Gizonde from PSO, I think that would be a pretty awesome spell...it'd be great for Grove.

pikachief
Jun 6, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-06-06 12:41, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-06-05 21:50, Typheros wrote:

Yeah, I want Megido as well...the one that could destroy entire towns and such, not the "oooh scary purple ball".

I wish we had a tech that could either:

A) Hit multiple targets (like Grenade Launchers, etc)
B) Hit the same enemy multiple times in one cast (for those of you who have played RO, I'm thinking Jupiter/Jupitel Thunder)

Ah well, the techs we have now do fine. =p

Thats a burn trap EX.... OH WAIT U CANT USE THOSE!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHHAHAHA(i cant either im a fortegunner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

natewifi
Jun 6, 2007, 04:23 PM
Ray, a bunch of the little SUV laser things fall out of a ball of light, that would be cool but plaigarism too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. ST isnt very creative enough to come up with over the top, state of the art tech's like FF attacks and jazz, eh too bad. The old techniques were better then these TECHNICS, they were all usefull in someway and unique from each other unlike PSU where everything is the same but just reskinned and have different element/SE's.

Mwabwetumba
Jun 6, 2007, 05:00 PM
I suggest the Frozen Orb from Diablo II, the sheer awesomeness of that spell is beyond human comprehension.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 6, 2007, 05:34 PM
How about Spontaneous Combustion? Sorta like Gifoie, only on steroids.

MSAksion
Jun 6, 2007, 07:49 PM
I think a cool idea would be a new element. Like WIND. Which would be weak but have added effect of pushing enemies away from you.

Could you make a Wind Sword... maybe. If it were invisible? Bullets... i dunno if it would work. But TECH no problem.

Basic - Forward Sweeping Tunnel of Air similar to barta/Zonde - means it sucks
Ra - a Pillar of Wind appears and flows upward - knocking enemies upward. Think Razonde but swirling DEATH.
Gi - a Tornado forms at your feet and rushes outward knocking back enemies away from the team
Damu- Blades of Air cutting anything in front of you.
Nos - A Ball of Swirling mass zooms in very quickly faster than the others but weak of course.
Buff Up - Speeds users actual movement speed.
Buff Down - Slows enemy movement so they can't move quickly.

Weeaboolits
Jun 6, 2007, 07:57 PM
Grantz. ;]

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:58 PM
Flaeli!

I want to run around screaming magic mumbo-jumbo at the top of my lungs!

TANDLE!

You know it'd be fun.

_Wolf_
Jun 6, 2007, 08:02 PM
damzonde would be awesome just like the photon eraser but yellow now that would be a spell i would use

natewifi
Jun 6, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:49, MSAksion wrote:
I think a cool idea would be a new element. Like WIND. Which would be weak but have added effect of pushing enemies away from you.

Could you make a Wind Sword... maybe. If it were invisible? Bullets... i dunno if it would work. But TECH no problem.

Basic - Forward Sweeping Tunnel of Air similar to barta/Zonde - means it sucks
Ra - a Pillar of Wind appears and flows upward - knocking enemies upward. Think Razonde but swirling DEATH.
Gi - a Tornado forms at your feet and rushes outward knocking back enemies away from the team
Damu- Blades of Air cutting anything in front of you.
Nos - A Ball of Swirling mass zooms in very quickly faster than the others but weak of course.
Buff Up - Speeds users actual movement speed.
Buff Down - Slows enemy movement so they can't move quickly.

omg thats such a good idea, like the basic ver would be a burst of wind that hits 3 times and knocksback 1 single enemy each hit like how grom hits it keeps hitting while knockingback at the same time but just weaker smaller and quicker.

Kent
Jun 6, 2007, 09:08 PM
For a Damzonde, I was thinking something like the Thunder-elemental breath attack from Breath of Fire III...

I really still think they should make a return of combining techniques together, though.

Make a it an unneeded level 20 ability for Newmen - press the two buttons at the same time, with a casting weapon equipped, to cast something that's like a combination of the two. Make it take one section out of the current bar that's used for SUV/Nanoblast, every time they do it. Then to be fair, make one for Humans that can be used for any PA type, but instead of combining things, just make it set the equipped weapon into "overdrive" for the attack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 6, 2007, 09:41 PM
CAUTION: WALL OF TEXT AHEAD

Anybody seen the spells from the King's Field series? None of those are needless Final Fantasy over-the-top bullshit, great for a game like PSU. Too bad I can't find any videos on YouTube. These are simply the most awesome spells I've *ever* seen in realtime combat. Most of them are from the fourth game in the series. (And in that one, spells level up to level 3 much like PSU's 1, 11 and 21 milestones.) Interestingly enough, most of these awesome spells are projectiles that you shoot from your hand, as opposed to the usual "this spell simply appears right on the target so it can't dodge" approach.

Ice Crash: Think diga, except it's an even BIGGER, HEAVIER chunk of ice that LOUDLY shatters upon impact, leaving a cold mist that continues to do little bits of damage. Running into this mist hurts.

Flame Strike: A huge fireball is thrown into the air. It splits into several dozen small fireballs that rain down from above. The fire that hits the ground kinda lingers for a bit too. If you're not careful, you can easily kill yourself.

Flash (KFIV): A basic ball of light, except that after hitting something it splits into five more balls and hits whatever's behind the target. Good luck hurting yourself with this one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Volcannon: Think diga, but if this diga ball lands on the ground instead of a target, lava spews like the "Eruption" spell from the Tales of...series. Don't step on it.

Hydrosphere: A stationary ball of water floats and releases like seven or so fast-moving homing gushes of water one at a time, then splits into three homing gushes that attack in unison. In effect, it's like a nosu-tech times ten. (would need to be rescaled and of course have an element that belongs in PSU) If you run ahead of the ball, there's a good chance of killing yourself.

Invoke Lightning (KFIV): You shoot a little ball of light that swiftly moves forward and rises above whatever it touches, and BOOM BOOM BOOM, it shoots down three bolts of lightning that somehow make explosions. Think Indignation (another staple Tales of... series spell) times three. This is by far the easiest spell to kill yourself with.

Dark Matter: Four dark orbs come out from you and form a square. Whatever's inside this square gets zapped by lots of lightning. That means you too, so stay the fuck outta there.

Fire Wall: Like foie, except that the fireball hurts the enemy, shatters into several smaller ones which fall to the floor and become pillars of flame that close in on the point of impact. Now THIS would be a fun spell for enemies to use on you, as long as the flinch effect doesn't make it cheap.

Seath: Imagine being able to move and turn while firing four machineguns at once. The only catch is that it only fires in a short burst, but that's still a lot.

Orladin: A really slow-moving light-element projectile (an emblem of some kind) that makes a HUUUUUUUGE explosion upon impact. Requires good aim and standing back (or running away fast enough) so you don't kill yourself with it.

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-06-05 20:49, DaRkWoLf30 wrote:
That would be cool but a tidal wave would be better.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-06-06 19:08, Kent wrote:
Make a it an unneeded level 20 ability for Newmen - press the two buttons at the same time, with a casting weapon equipped, to cast something that's like a combination of the two. Make it take one section out of the current bar that's used for SUV/Nanoblast, every time they do it.

That would be perfect for my Newman Alt o.o

Then to be fair, make one for Humans that can be used for any PA type, but instead of combining things, just make it set the equipped weapon into "overdrive" for the attack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dewd like your sabers or other wepons light on fire or like spew light or change color O.O thatd would be Insanely sweet!

EDIT: Spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-06-06 20:35 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2007, 10:39 PM
Make a it an unneeded level 20 ability for Newmen - press the two buttons at the same time, with a casting weapon equipped, to cast something that's like a combination of the two. Make it take one section out of the current bar that's used for SUV/Nanoblast, every time they do it.

Must... resist urge... to fanbo-NEWMEN AREN'T ELVES!!!

Damn...

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 10:59 PM
Unless your angry at them, then they are hobits, elves, dwarfs, or fairys

Aralia
Jun 7, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-06-06 04:30, Sylpheed wrote:

Good idea! make forces even stronger than they already are -.-

if forces shouldn't be stronger then I guess all the melee's and gunners shouldn't be stronger either eh?

As it is, melee's and gunners out DPS forces and you know it. =p

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 7, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-06-06 20:39, Zorafim wrote:

Damn...

Hey, let's just be glad they're being called elves and not "warm, breathing pin-ups" or "simple joy units". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(hehe, I just couldn't resist the urge to quote my new favorite PC game, ironically old as dirt)

Kent
Jun 7, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-06-07 08:23, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2007-06-06 20:39, Zorafim wrote:

Damn...

Hey, let's just be glad they're being called elves and not "warm, breathing pin-ups" or "simple joy units". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(hehe, I just couldn't resist the urge to quote my new favorite PC game, ironically old as dirt)

...The hell? Who was calling them elves?

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2007, 02:54 PM
You must not of seen my insane fanboying earlier when school's stress heavily got to me. I wrote rant upon rant about how newmen were supposed to rip things apart with their bare claws, instead of being sissy wand twirlers. You know, like this (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/0427.jpg).

Egg99
Jun 7, 2007, 03:59 PM
Someone else already said it, but I'll say it again for good grace:

GRANTS.

and once more, for the hell of it:

GRANTS.

Not the retarded "nosugrants" that the Olgohmon shoot in Egata Relics, and not the stupidly-big damugrants that we've yet to recieve (and on that note, we better recieve it eventually since I've been hearing otherwise), I'm talking about the Grants from PSO. The classic barrier of unavoidable light that shot 30 feet into the air at level 30 and made you feel damn leet when you used it.

Should be an Ultimate PA in my opinion, like most of the Megid techs. But regardless, I want it. The fact that they left it out pissed me off beyond belief. That was by far the coolest tech in PSO.

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
It's not a classic if it's only been in one game. Remember that PSO was the fifth game in the series.

Egg99
Jun 7, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:04, Zorafim wrote:
It's not a classic if it's only been in one game. Remember that PSO was the fifth game in the series.

Blasphemy. You're going straight to hell!

"Incredible" then, is that better for you?

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2007, 11:52 PM
Incredible has my sign of approval. You may use that.

pikachief
Jun 8, 2007, 12:14 AM
On 2007-06-07 13:59, Egg99 wrote:
Someone else already said it, but I'll say it again for good grace:

GRANTS.

and once more, for the hell of it:

GRANTS.

Not the retarded "nosugrants" that the Olgohmon shoot in Egata Relics, and not the stupidly-big damugrants that we've yet to recieve (and on that note, we better recieve it eventually since I've been hearing otherwise), I'm talking about the Grants from PSO. The classic barrier of unavoidable light that shot 30 feet into the air at level 30 and made you feel damn leet when you used it.

Should be an Ultimate PA in my opinion, like most of the Megid techs. But regardless, I want it. The fact that they left it out pissed me off beyond belief. That was by far the coolest tech in PSO.

play single player its in the game >.> except i think its called Grantis, and its OK and hurts your eyes! mabey i should get it to lvl 21, then i'll tell u if its awesomeness!

i saw a video of it and it almost covered the whole screen at lvl 21!

Weeaboolits
Jun 8, 2007, 09:13 AM
Regrant is different from Grantz, Grantz would hover on the target then completely blast it, Regrant bombards everything that comes near you at the cost of your health (Ironic since the other light techs are recovery. ;] ).

Medic
Jul 10, 2007, 10:18 AM
Honestly all of your ideas are good. but being able to choose from each one would be the best. one for each element perhaps.

fumatanera
Jul 10, 2007, 10:30 AM

yes! 3 enemies is bogus. BOGUS!

Sexy_Raine
Jul 10, 2007, 10:38 AM
I want that Nosfoie that De Ragan uses.